As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NFL] Concussions are a State of Mind

Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
Chiefs/Eagles Super Bowl?

Sure, why the hell not? I'm not sure there are any other good teams in the NFL this year.

Jay Ajayi just got traded to the Eagles so yeah, Eagles are the best team in the NFC.

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I am ready for the Andy Reid Bowl.

• mcpmcp Registered User regular
    Garoppolo's career is fucked.

Not sure if he would have been good or not, but there's no chance with the 49er's.

• PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    mcp wrote: »

Not sure if he would have been good or not, but there's no chance with the 49er's.

Just has to survive to a decent contract next year for some starter money. Even if he doesn't play it out the signing bonus alone should take care of him for life if he manages it well.

*Checks niners oline*

Uh, good luck dude!

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Yeah, I've read they're trying to work out an extension with him, and I mean, if they're going to give him a ton of guaranteed money (which they will), he'll be just fine.

Goose! on
  • PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    I mean I'm sure he's a competitor and wants a successful career as a QB in the league, but you can do worse than getting Matt Flynn money before flaming out.

• LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    I just realized something thanks to Twitter. The 4th round pick the Eagles traded for Ajayi was from the Vikings on the Sam Bradford trade. We also got the 1st round pick we used on Derek Barnett this year on that trade. So trading Bradford for both of those players, essentially.

Howie Roseman is a wizard.

LuvTheMonkey on
    Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Zqdv3Zv.jpg?1

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    can't wait for the dolphins to go 3-13

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular

If anyone could make that pile of garbage work with a solid QB, I think it's Kyle Shanahan,

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Is Garoppolo actually good though?

I’m convinced the only patriots who are good are Belichick, Brady, and Gronk, and everyone else is made to appear good by Belichick’s wizardry.

SF has $100 million in cap room that they've been waiting to spend once they could find a QB.

Now, if there will be anything good to spend it on is another story, but I would expect 25 million of that to go into franchising Garappolo, and a sizable chunk of the rest towards a couple of linemen and a receiver.

rhylith wrote: »

I’m convinced the only patriots who are good are Belichick, Brady, and Gronk, and everyone else is made to appear good by Belichick’s wizardry.

I don't think it's crazy to suggest that he's in the mid-tier Cousins/Stafford range.

• hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    SF has $100 million in cap room that they've been waiting to spend once they could find a QB.

Now, if there will be anything good to spend it on is another story, but I would expect 25 million of that to go into franchising Garappolo, and a sizable chunk of the rest towards a couple of linemen and a receiver.

Ehhh. Why franchise him? Sign him to a front-loaded contract from which you can opt out. Minimize his bonus to keep his late-contract cap hit small and use performance incentives instead, so if it doesn't work out, you can get out without limiting your future options.

hippofant wrote: »

Ehhh. Why franchise him? Sign him to a front-loaded contract from which you can opt out. Minimize his bonus to keep his late-contract cap hit small and use performance incentives instead, so if it doesn't work out, you can get out without limiting your future options.

That's preferable, but I think they're going to have a really hard time signing him to any sort of long term deal right away that doesn't give him at least 50 million in guaranteed money.

I'd rather take one year, give him something to work with, and if he isn't worth it, you don't put yourself in cap hell for 3 more years.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    It's going to have a lot to do with how well he plays in these last few games.

If he looks decent at all he's going to get PAID

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    I think I've probably seen all 62 or whatever of garoppolo's throws and he looked pretty good, but again, it was like 62 throws. I think his floor is "capable", which is worth something nowadays. It sounds like belichick really did prefer to keep him but the situation just didn't allow it

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
    edited October 2017
    Mike Glennon got 45 million, 18 of which is guaranteed.

It wouldn't surprise me if a team like the Jets, Jaguars or Broncos threw something like 100/50 at Garappolo. Which sounds dumb as hell given the lack of playing time, but this is the NFL we're talking about.

Maximum on
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    No way 100/50. But I could see doing 60/25

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular

It wouldn't surprise me if a team like the Jets, Jaguars or Broncos threw something like 100/50 at Garappolo. Which sounds dumb as hell given the lack of playing time, but this is the NFL we're talking about.

WARBLEWARBLEWARBLE

• hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    hippofant wrote: »

That's preferable, but I think they're going to have a really hard time signing him to any sort of long term deal right away that doesn't give him at least 50 million in guaranteed money.

I'd rather take one year, give him something to work with, and if he isn't worth it, you don't put yourself in cap hell for 3 more years.

Goose! wrote: »
    No way 100/50. But I could see doing 60/25

I dunno about $50M, but the 2017 QB franchise figure is $22M. That's gonna go up in 2018. At that point, you might as well sign him to 60/25.

The problem then, of course, is that signing bonus money is prorated, when you probably want to get it off your cap ASAP.

hippofant on
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »

Belichick is a power gamer
    You know taking middle level characters creating a power team from it and wrecking the field a power gamer
    Notice how he has Lich in the middle of his last name

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    I know this will shock you, but the Cleveland Browns found a way to look even worse than a team set for 0-16

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    He later said on the radio that everyone on staff is assuming they're gone the second the season's over

• HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    Pellaeon wrote: »

Just has to survive to a decent contract next year for some starter money. Even if he doesn't play it out the signing bonus alone should take care of him for life if he manages it well.

*Checks niners oline*

Uh, good luck dude!

My money is on him not taking a snap until at least one if not both tackles are back.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
    He later said on the radio that everyone on staff is assuming they're gone the second the season's over
    Business as usual for the Browns.

• AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    From the dynasty league Yahoo recap this week:
    "Steve's Team Delivers Unexpected Beatdown to Tightest of Ends, Hole Gets Bigger"

13852.jpg

edited October 2017
    deal was for a 3rd and 7th round pick. so the bills now only have, like, 14 draft picks in 2018

benjamin should be able to elevate jordan matthews and zay jones, and charles clay is coming back soon and all of a sudden the bills receiving corps is scary. mcdermitt going for a carolina receiver isn't surprising

Jars on
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    that might be the most browns thing possible.

edit: yep, def the most browns thing

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
    I think the browns got saved on that one. 8 games of kizer and they already want to dump more picks on another QB?

I don't get it.

Who agreed to the trade?

Who outside of that needed to approve it?

they needed to tell the nfl, and didn't

Oh, I see. I missed a bit in the tweet.

but yeah, probably for the best for the Browns.

From the dynasty league Yahoo recap this week:
    "Steve's Team Delivers Unexpected Beatdown to Tightest of Ends, Hole Gets Bigger"

13852.jpg

I stretched your hole out last week!

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Loud rumors Kraft personally stepped in to make sure Brady retires a Patriot

As much as I love Brady I don't want kraft sticking his face in personnel decisions

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
    huh. there wasn't any indication they were moving on from brady but belichick trading brady away wouldn't be surprising at all

Kraft trading Garappolo to handcuff Belicheck to Brady is fuckin' hilarious if true.

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Loud rumors Kraft personally stepped in to make sure Brady retires a Patriot

As much as I love Brady I don't want kraft sticking his face in personnel decisions

The patriots will roll Brady’s dessicated husk onto the field in a wheelchair and they’ll still win a super bowl.

This discussion has been closed.