As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Games for Sale and/or Demo

iadenaiadena Registered User regular
Hi,

Is there a list of table top games that will be for sale and be for demo? I am looking for a link that is similar to the one BGG has for Essen: https://boardgamegeek.com/geekpreview/4/spiel-17-preview. Thank you.

• GundabadGundabad PAX East & Unplugged Tabletop Manager NJRegistered User regular
    We don't have advance info on what games each listed exhibitor will be selling and/or demoing (compiling that for Essen and Gen Con is practically a full-time job for BGG's Eric Martin!), but we do have a BGG GeekList showing which of those Essen games will be demoed by the PAX Enforcer's in the convention's First Look area: https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/231485/pax-unplugged-2017-first-look-game-selections

• SchmulkiSchmulki Registered User regular
    Holy crap that is awesome. So all those games will be there with folks who can teach it? I think I know how I'm going to be spending a lot of my con now :)

• GundabadGundabad PAX East & Unplugged Tabletop Manager NJRegistered User regular
    Having someone available to teach is not a guarantee. It's something we will strive to do, but think of it as a bonus when it's available. Our Enforcer staff is already busy reviewing rules PDFs and watching how-to-play videos, but there won't be 60 people to cover 60 tables, and we'll be taking a "divide and conquer" approach to learning all of the games. For instance, the Enforcer(s) on shift who best know the game you are sitting down to play may be tied up teaching the rules to another game.

This is also a great place for solo attendees. These games are all red-hot imports that just came out. Nobody will know how to play them, so I guarantee if you sit down and pick up the rulebook, folks will flock to you and fill in the remaining seats, since you are doing the hard work of learning the rules.

Lastly, PAX is a community, so if this area winds up being rather busy, and the next table's worth of players is coming in right after you, pay it forward! Reset the board and teach them the rules before you walk away. Others will do the same for you. We'll also have "Looking for Teacher" signs that players can deploy.

• ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Thanks for the heads up @Gundabad !

Are there other geeklists you've made for unplugged we might be interested in?

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • PowerNeinPowerNein Registered User regular
    I know that I'll be there every morning demoing Stuffed Fables. Pretty sure that I've seen mention of Legend of the 5 Rings, Pandemic Legacy, and Fallout being demoed by our team, too.

• SchmulkiSchmulki Registered User regular
    How do you demo Pandemic Legacy lol

There's a prelude mission that happens before the first month to give you a handle on the game mechanics since it's tweaked a bit differently than normal Pandemic, so playing normal Pandemic is not as helpful as it was in Season 1.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads up @Gundabad !

Are there other geeklists you've made for unplugged we might be interested in?
    Nope that's it. A few publishers have announced plans to demo or sell various games but I haven't taken down a formal list as that stuff is always up to the exhibitors and subject to change, so I don't want to promise anything that could be interpreted as speaking for PAX.

Off the top of my head, I've seen stuff on Twitter & FB about Leder Games having demos of Root, and Stronghold Games having the Friedemann Friese/2Fspiele new "Fast Forward" line of games. I know there are more publishers showing/selling brand new stuff but I can't recall.

Cool, will need to make sure to keep eyes open then on the show floor.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • iadenaiadena Registered User regular
    Thank you!

• Andrew.HaughtAndrew.Haught Registered User new member
    Gale Force Nine will be there running Demos for there latest games, Doctor Who: Time of the Daleks, Star Trek Ascendancy and more.

• ConstrictorConstrictor The Dork Knight SuburbialandRegistered User regular
    I'm looking to play some organized games of Eldritch Horror. I own the game and all expansions. It's a lengthy game, but if anyone's interested let me know so I can get you involved. I'll be there all 3 days. No experience necessary.

• mouseydewmouseydew Registered User regular
    I'm looking to play some organized games of Eldritch Horror. I own the game and all expansions. It's a lengthy game, but if anyone's interested let me know so I can get you involved. I'll be there all 3 days. No experience necessary.

I love Eldritch! But the part I love most is reading out all the text. Could be tricky at the convention center. Keep me in the loop tho :)

• ConstrictorConstrictor The Dork Knight SuburbialandRegistered User regular
    It's looking like a Saturday game will be happening and possibly Friday as well. If you want me to keep you in the loop PM me your cell number so I can add you to the invite/coordinate time. Leaning towards first thing Saturday.