As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Candy Corn Vampires, Hocus Pocus, And Other Signs That It's [Halloween]

• Options
    Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
    Well I'm working on Halloween as the closing MOD. 3 of us are working that night.

I may have screwed up already. Wasn't quite given the go ahead on whether we can do costumes this year. I decided I shouldn't wear one as I am MOD, and forgot to mention anything to one employee.

That last dude may be in costume. I did let him know that I wasn't sure so he should bring work clothes as well if he plans to dress up, so at least I am not the worst person in the world.

• Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    I was Bob Newby for Halloween at work and nobody got the reference. It made me very sad. I even had a stack of brain teasers!

More like Sadloween.

Don’t google Fodo’s dumb costume if you don’t want spoilers for Stranger Things 2

mkc.png
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    I was Bob Newby for Halloween at work and nobody got the reference. It made me very sad. I even had a stack of brain teasers!

More like Sadloween.

Don’t google Fodo’s dumb costume if you don’t want spoilers for Stranger Things 2

I mean it's a spoiler in the same sense as me saying, "Hey there's a character named Stanley Barfbucket in season 3 of iZombie." It doesn't mean anything and spoils nothing in and of itself!

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Is there really a character named Stanley Barfbucket in season 3 of iZombie?

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    TankHammer wrote: »
    On the upside I lost enough weight that I had to tighten my equipment belt. On the downside I can no longer wear my Ghost Trap on my belt comfortably.

As a dude who is at the very last of the slack on his belt, I am very happy for you. I need to know your secret but if it's diet or exercise I just can't follow it.

Halloween had kinda snuck up on me.
    It's tomorrow yeah?

It's always been Halloween and it will always be Halloween!

Mainly I've stopped drinking soda pop.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Lord Dave wrote: »

More like Sadloween.

I mean it's a spoiler in the same sense as me saying, "Hey there's a character named Stanley Barfbucket in season 3 of iZombie." It doesn't mean anything and spoils nothing in and of itself!

Nope. If you google Bob Newby, because you perhaps haven't watched S2 of Stranger Things yet and don't know who that is, the stories that pop up immediately spoil some pretty big shit regarding him.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    AtQZxWAl.jpg

P̖͚͇͓̪͇͞o̖̲̝͕̥w̵͙̯̤͈ͅe̝̫̗ŗ̭͕̞̖̮̠ c̷̣͈͉̝o̙̪r͔͇r̖͓̮͉u͍̺͎̕p̤̺̥̤ͅt̙͍̟̖̞͚s̙̮͕̙

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Happy Halloween!

S5u06Wgl.jpg

Peen on
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    You're going as a [redacted] photo? Nice.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I'm the only person I've seen so far that dressed up.

Ain't care
    Peen wrote: »
    Happy Halloween!

S5u06Wgl.jpg
    I really dig that tie! Subtle outfit. I like

• Options
    MichaelLC wrote: »

It looks way more like a hood from the side but it was hella hard to get that taking the picture myself, so you get the straight on blacked out look.

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    My buddy Bob remixed the Ghostbusters nerdcore song we made a couple years ago and put it up on all the digital music stores if you want something new for your playlist.

https://open.spotify.com/album/78dCAeSDvhawizgApYJBPX

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076CF94RD/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1507778174&sr=8-7&keywords=dj bc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCTQLNRZMYk&feature=youtu.be

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Another Halloween, another day of explaining my costume to my coworkers.

Such is the way of things, and I wouldn't trade my weird high concept costumes for the world, but every once in a while I wonder if maybe I should.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »

Such is the way of things, and I wouldn't trade my weird high concept costumes for the world, but every once in a while I wonder if maybe I should.

I can only assume you don't work retail.

Unless you get a thrill out of dressing up as Satan because you figure the people who shop at the store are too dumb to get the reference and complain to your boss.

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    I just guest-taught a group of kids how to design monsters. Solid start to the day I think.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »
    I just guest-taught a group of kids how to design monsters. Solid start to the day I think.

Was it a collab effort with @Zonugal ?

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Kadith wrote: »

Was it a collab effort with @Zonugal ?

Yes, I was the example model.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular

It looks way more like a hood from the side but it was hella hard to get that taking the picture myself, so you get the straight on blacked out look.

It was mostly a joke, though I did have to zoom in on my phone. Tie looks great!

Is that a tungsten ring?

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I have acquired Too Many Starbursts.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »

No such thing.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

No such thing.

It's just under 1 pound.

• Options

No such thing.

It's just under 1 pound.

A single serving you say?

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular

No such thing.

It's just under 1 pound.

That is one hellish diet you are on.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options

No such thing.

It's just under 1 pound.

That is one hellish diet you are on.

It has fruit and fiber, if I eat them in the wrappers, what more do I need?

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Do y'all want some spooky stories? I've been reading these delightful internet era epistolaries by Michael Lutz for the past half an hour and they're fantastic.

'scrow
    unWindr
    HeyRyde

They're all set up as internet comment threads about various harvest attractions in a couple of small towns in Southern Indiana. Not really connected - each one is just a separate incident a year apart from the last. They're like funny spooky little puzzles.

• Options

It was mostly a joke, though I did have to zoom in on my phone. Tie looks great!

Is that a tungsten ring?

The pic does make it hard to see what it is, it's just so beautifully black.

It's a silicon ring!

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Was letting the kids pick their own candy and basically got mugged by one group that just grabbed a fistful each and shuffled off with barely a thanks. Can't really be bothered to go out to get more, but it's not even 7. Sigh.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options

I guess it doesn't matter much in the end, because I still won scariest costume (second year running).

Of course, it's a barren field because nobody else at my office does scary costumes, but whatever, I'll take my trophy.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    nfl cheerleaders from yesterday

FdKaRfm.jpg

I'll be working tonight until 1 so no costume for me

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular

I guess it doesn't matter much in the end, because I still won scariest costume (second year running).

Of course, it's a barren field because nobody else at my office does scary costumes, but whatever, I'll take my trophy.

winning by default's still winning

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    Going to a friends' house tonight with a few other people, where we will start watching the 2nd season of Stranger Things, will be fed freshly grilled burgers, and will hand out candy to little ghosts and goblins and dinosaurs.

It will be a good night!

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Season 2 feels more enjoyable than 1 did.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Do y'all want some spooky stories? I've been reading these delightful internet era epistolaries by Michael Lutz for the past half an hour and they're fantastic.

'scrow
    unWindr
    HeyRyde

They're all set up as internet comment threads about various harvest attractions in a couple of small towns in Southern Indiana. Not really connected - each one is just a separate incident a year apart from the last. They're like funny spooky little puzzles.

I can't find it now but I really liked his 31 short Twitter stories from a couple halloweens ago

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    For my HalloBirthday I have been working since 8 AM and will go home and edit a podcast

Then I will probably play Wolfenstein and eat too much cookie cake

But

Spooky

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    For my HalloBirthday I have been working since 8 AM and will go home and edit a podcast

Then I will probably play Wolfenstein and eat too much cookie cake

But

Spooky

Wolfenstein and cookie cake night sounds really good, honestly

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    i want to go for a longish run tonight
    what time is safest to avoid tripping over tiny costumed children

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    tynic wrote: »

9 or 10pm probably?

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular

Do you have a good scary costume? Something that screams murder.

Then any time is okay, because you'll frighten any kids out of a few metre radius from you. Plus, you'll give 'em nightmares for years. Bonus!

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Cello wrote: »

Do you have a good scary costume? Something that screams murder.

Then any time is okay, because you'll frighten any kids out of a few metre radius from you. Plus, you'll give 'em nightmares for years. Bonus!

no
    well I mean
    I guess I could wear my hair out.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Here is a very important stream that is live right now
    https://youtu.be/5d1fIFZH8Nw