As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[SysAdmin] More like unItanium.

1939495969799»

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    lwt1973 wrote: »
    Anyone ever have the 32 bit version of Excel and the 64 bit version of Excel installed on one computer?

What kind of fuckery is this?

• Options
    CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    https://www.ubnt.com/unifi-switching/unifi-switch-2448/

That's what I'm thinking for the switch, I really like ubiquiti's management portal, a lot.

A couple of things.

Get ESXi 6.5 instead of 6. The web interface is more complete. I've been deploying 6.5 for a while now and it's perfectly fine. They're already on update 1, it's no longer truly bleeding edge. There's no reason to hold back to 6.0 at this point.

If you want to get it as an R630 instead, it's $100 cheaper, only a 1U server, and comes with a quad port NIC on board so you don't need to bother adding the add-on NIC.

But whatever you do, GET THE ENTERPRISE IDRAC. That is the iDRAC version that gives you console access. The standard iDRAC license does not do that. Enterprise gives you CLI, SSH, and Console redirection. It also allows you to mount ISO files via the iDRAC and boot the server remotely from a virtual drive. It is fucking amazing and worth every penny ever.

• Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    Cog wrote: »
    https://www.ubnt.com/unifi-switching/unifi-switch-2448/

That's what I'm thinking for the switch, I really like ubiquiti's management portal, a lot.

A couple of things.

Get ESXi 6.5 instead of 6. The web interface is more complete. I've been deploying 6.5 for a while now and it's perfectly fine. They're already on update 1, it's no longer truly bleeding edge. There's no reason to hold back to 6.0 at this point.

If you want to get it as an R630 instead, it's $100 cheaper, only a 1U server, and comes with a quad port NIC on board so you don't need to bother adding the add-on NIC.

But whatever you do, GET THE ENTERPRISE IDRAC. That is the iDRAC version that gives you console access. The standard iDRAC license does not do that. Enterprise gives you CLI, SSH, and Console redirection. It also allows you to mount ISO files via the iDRAC and boot the server remotely from a virtual drive. It is fucking amazing and worth every penny ever.

This. This. one billion times this.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I'll check that out tomorrow. That sounds like it's worth every penny.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular

That's the impression I was getting, but I mean, c'mon...

...guy doesn't read the install guide.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular
    Thawmus wrote: »

I'm starting to be at peace with this stuff, because I've come to understand that in a way I AM this thread.

• Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    Cog wrote: »
    Thawmus wrote: »

I'm starting to be at peace with this stuff, because I've come to understand that in a way I AM this thread.

at peace, like the deer in the headlights.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Edit: whoops, sorry. New thread.

Radiation on
    PSN: jfrofl
This discussion has been closed.