As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla] The Nightmare Before Christmas- Game Over! Mafia Win! Poor Jack!

• chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    JayKaos wrote: »
    Oh I didn't even think of Santa as the SK, that's perfect.

I think you mean Sandy Claws.

• AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    I literally was coming in to post that as well.

It'd be so perfect.

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Also, remember that even if someone started with more Scares, they still couldn't use a gift last night. Gifts have to be given, you can't buy and use it yourself.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    So then the question becomes, who would get rid of Egos on day one?

Egos is a crafty player, and one of the best at deducing things. If he wasn't a mafia kill them there's likely somebody in the group that finds Egos intimidating.

Which is fair enough, I'd say. Coming back into it from this long an absence I'd totally be intimidated.

So I'm thinking of somebody whose been around as long, if not longer.

! Romantic Undead

• LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    So then the question becomes, who would get rid of Egos on day one?

Egos is a crafty player, and one of the best at deducing things. If he wasn't a mafia kill them there's likely somebody in the group that finds Egos intimidating.

Which is fair enough, I'd say. Coming back into it from this long an absence I'd totally be intimidated.

So I'm thinking of somebody whose been around as long, if not longer.

! Romantic Undead

Egos appears to be a village kill, Preda was the mafia kill.

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I'd be concerned about who killed KetBra (regardless of how happy I am with their current targeting), and obv the mafia.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    Sorry I didn't participate the first night.

-! INCOMING BLATANT ATTEMPT TO APPEAR VILLAGE ALERT ALERT !-

Not having received a PM, I didn't realize that the game had started. My bad. I'll read over the thread when I get home.

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Then what's the talk about a serial killer?

Sorry I'm at work and catching glimpses between calls.

Then what's the talk about a serial killer?

Sorry I'm at work and catching glimpses between calls.

Suspicions are currently that Sandy Claws (Santa Claus) is the serial killer based on:
    As the party goers when about talking about the Doctor's Brain and it's possible whereabouts, a strange scent of gingerbread filled the air. When the creatures gathered to see what Jack had planned, they found KetBra (Oogie Boogie) stuffed full of little brown sugary houses, with a note saying "That's hopefully the last time I hear that song, Potato Sack!"

The Dead
    KetBra (Oogie Boogie) Stuffed

Steam profile
    Ahhhh. I misread the context of the conversation.

So who would want KetBra dead?

I won't say I know at much about them at I did Egos.

KetBra also played a lot of Phalla. Not as "old guard" as Egos, but pretty sure they've played for years? Close enough. Could be similar reasons to Egos, really.

Or, it was day 1, a random shot?

Steam profile
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    kime wrote: »

KetBra also played a lot of Phalla. Not as "old guard" as Egos, but pretty sure they've played for years? Close enough. Could be similar reasons to Egos, really.

Or, it was day 1, a random shot?
    Half this game is old guard, including you and I. I've been on a phalla break for a while, but if I was the SK I'd hit particularly analytic folk early in order to make my late game easier. Did KetBra have that reputation? Were they the recipient of any grudges from previous games?

What jdark said.

My memory from before baby is bad, so I'm struggling to figure things out.

And doing this on a phone in between work isn't the easiest for analysis.

Honestly, even having played in I think every game for a while now, I can't even remember any grudges, so I don't expect the grudge search will turn much up. I think we are going to be better off combing for mafia and praying for a lucky seer hit.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

My memory is basically always bad. It's sometimes fun to read through old Phalla threads and have absolutely no recollection of the things I said and did.

Steam profile
    My favourite memory of you will still always be the Wizard of Oz mini that I ran

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    Also, remember that even if someone started with more Scares, they still couldn't use a gift last night. Gifts have to be given, you can't buy and use it yourself.

It's not impossible for people to have started with items though, or possibly for mafia to "give" and force the use of items

And jpants for now

• JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    Sorry to hear it JPants, hope things work out alright.

Woof, bad results. At least that's one mafia down, but I have a feeling losing a blue-role isn't going to be anything good.

Thanks, one of those good news/bad news situations. Good news, no kitty lukemia or FIV. Bad news, new kitty has kidney failure. Had to take her in for IV fluids and more tests.

She's all settled at home now though, with her special Kidney food! I don't have any pics on my computer here but I'll try to post one later tonight from my phone. I've never seen a more emaciated kitty than when we found her. 2 days of us feeding her and she only weighed 5.4 lb at the vet. So sad :(

As for phalla, part of me wants to vote for Knuckles for the above. But then again maybe it's almost TOO much of a mafia-like post. My other thought was Bluecyan for being the other late voter besides KetBra. The thinking there being maybe the mafia get extra scares for being on a wagon that kills a villager with the vote, so they voted late to ensure it..... idk. Neither is very strong. Nor is anything else I've seen posted so far today....

Thanks Phyphor, way to make my post timing look terrible.

JPants wrote: »
    Thanks Phyphor, way to make my post timing look terrible.

Always happy to help!

Sorry about the kitty
    Mafia kitty
    128832824082623247.jpg

Ok, all caught up. First of all: Austin deserves a gift, but as I don't yet have enough scares for a fun one, a vote will have to do.

Second of all, my (vague) recollection of KetBra is as a competent player who is vastly more dangerous once networked. Certainly a worthy victim, more so in a game with every likelihood of lots of early seerings & masons. I'm of the opinion that he'd be more likely a victim of a more seasoned player but if I'm being honest I'm not particularly stressed to find the SK any time soon. More valuable to work on the mafia since A) they are networked and hence more informative, B) they have fewer necessary victims, and C) the main beneficiary of a village attempt to root out the SK would be the mafia. If a seer happens upon the SK (which, given that we know there are mechanics to obscure alignment, I would think unlikely at the moment), sure, great, vote for them. But in the meantime I say let Santa have his fun.

Unless you're the mafia. You guys killing Santa would be just the sweetest. *wink*

gonna drop a vote before i head home as my evening looks to be busy. Knuckles cause I don't have anything better than previously stated.

Will try to check in to jump on the winning wagon see if anything else comes up.

Romantic Undead for fake news.

CesareB wrote: »
    Sorry I didn't participate the first night.

-! INCOMING BLATANT ATTEMPT TO APPEAR VILLAGE ALERT ALERT !-

Not having received a PM, I didn't realize that the game had started. My bad. I'll read over the thread when I get home.

I don't buy this, I'll be honest. CesareB

Steam profile
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    CesareB for the same reason kime stated. Wish we had anything more tangible to go on

Will hopefully be able to participate more tonight after taking the kids trick or treating!

• Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Got nothing on today. =/

CesareB is the closest thing to an actual reason.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Vote closes in 2 1/2 hours. Narrations will be late due to I am Trick and Treating with my niece. Happy Halloween!

Isn't it 1.5 hours? Did I miss up the time? Not that it matters for me as I'll be out too

Steam profile
  • LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Getting ready to hop on a plane here in a bit and won't be able to follow up closer to vote close.

Going to go with CesareB because I need to throw a vote down, they appear to be in the lead, and I'm apparently on the block for some reason.

• AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Tossing a vote on CesareB more for revenge vote than disbelief of missing Day 1

• JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    CesareB's attempt at deflection seems entirely too blatant to be an actual attempt.

I mean unless it's a double fakeout and they're trying to seem fake. Hmm...

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    Got nothing on today. =/

CesareB is the closest thing to an actual reason.

Just to be clear, the reason is that:

A) I missed day 1.

B) Made a post to that effect in which I noted that "didn't get a PM" can also code as "lol totes village."

It's kind of crazy that merely BEING AWARE of the consequences of my explanation is enough to garner suspicion. Guess I should just be dumber in the future?

CesareB

My vote reasoning is actually different.

Your post about the SK doing this or that and the other thing and we should just ignore the SK reads to me as a "oh god I"m the serial killer please don't pay attention to me".

And a Serial Killer is not the kind of Neutral we should be keeping around.

Well, you shouldn't miss days in the future. It's suspicious!

But remember, in Phalla everything is suspicious

Steam profile
  • BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    CesareB but the reason may surprise you.
    BOO!

• JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Yeah I'm not sure about the CesareB vote but I could use the scare.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    CesareB.

I don't actually think Cesare's suspicious, but it looks like that ship has already sailed and I want more Scares!

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Scare away!

Cesare: Et tu, Brute?