As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Candy Corn Vampires, Hocus Pocus, And Other Signs That It's [Halloween]

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i have that ps4 theme!!!!

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Holy shit @Straightzi I just actually read all those sitting here at the bar at that was some good shit

• ChimeraChimera Monster girl with a snek tail and five eyes Bad puns, that's how eye roll. Registered User regular
    So my friends just invited me to go with them around the neighbor hood as they take their kids trick-or-treating and I don't have a costume this year but I do have an idea for some things that I have laying around my house.

LAST MINUTE HALLOWEEN COSTUME IDEA:

62e5r9ao3jhs.jpg
    0vnyvdswzwga.jpg
    g6xp1dmnwzm7.jpg
    88ajb8k3nxjf.jpg
    55fx1q0mm25f.jpg

I'm going to be a Canadian for Halloween! :D

Optional extra accessories:

pe4y9u7k38ep.jpg
    607qzt4p1ab9.jpeg
    um8bl1qqrkdz.jpg

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I just ate a bunch of cheap pizza.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Chimera wrote: »
    So my friends just invited me to go with them around the neighbor hood as they take their kids trick-or-treating and I don't have a costume this year but I do have an idea for some things that I have laying around my house.

Up until the hockey stick, I thought you were going for Alex Mack.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Blackjack wrote: »

Up until the hockey stick, I thought you were going for Alex Mack.

Melting down into slime is simple, the hard part is finding a way to reconstitute yourself.

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    I baked savory pumpkin seeds! I used some thyme, sage, and rosemary (I lack parsley, sadly) and a tiny bit of cayenne, then tossed it all with salt, pepper, and olive oil. Roast in the oven at 300 for like 45 minutes to an hour and bam.

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Costume results! Plus a Snapchat filter because I liked it

Under the hood. Really helped make the makeup look spoopier
    7pnuQaCl.jpg

My staff in the dark. I made it blink
    5PosAdcl.jpg

Random filter I liked that felt appropriate due to the glowing. Also I need to find thinner and more flexible EL wire because I'm making that fuckin skull regardless of costume
    Wad612Nl.jpg

Erin The Red on
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    https://imgur.com/gallery/xQ73f

Very good spooky pokemon

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I like those!

• ChimeraChimera Monster girl with a snek tail and five eyes Bad puns, that's how eye roll. Registered User regular
    https://imgur.com/gallery/xQ73f

Very good spooky pokemon

Finally a Charizard with the right number of eyes! :P

edited November 2017
    HEY NERDS I HAVE AN IDEA!

How about we Marathon a bunch of spooky movies tonight? Send me a DM if you are interested or just reply with an @ tag and I can set it up! They will all be from youtube so it wont be any cheating around Netflix or Amazon subscriptions.

Who's down?

https://www.rabb.it/ChiTheMonster

Chimera on
  • builderr0rbuilderr0r Registered User regular
    I didn't have a costume for this year sadly, but I liked my outfit. I'm wearing this lace, bat wing shrug, and my bag is a black skull.

vJKKJkR.jpg

@Nija and I went to Knott's Scary Farm. It was my first time going to a Halloween-themed amusement park, and it was a lot of fun.

steam_sig.png
    As I predicted not a single trick or treater.

Madican wrote: »

So then more candy for you? :D

No trick or treators here either. I don't mind too much, but it's weird because it's...Halloween. Too many apartments here though.

Where I grew up, there would be swarms of trick or treaters roaming the sidewalks. Or if it was too cold, some parents would drive their kids from house to house.

steam_sig.png
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    it's kind of died out as a practice I think

just much easier to take your kid to the mall or something, less hassle in general

kid gets to do it, you know where they are, and you don't have to deal with random strange people's houses

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    We still get them a lot down here in the south, maybe it's a regional thing.

Alright, first movie is on the stream! Only the finest of filth, and the best of the worst for my fellow nerds. I give you John Carpenter's masterpiece.... BODY BAGS!

3zut3476fg47.jpeg

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    We still get them a lot down here in the south, maybe it's a regional thing.

might be, I mean, they still do it up here, but it's really only to friends of the family

I can't remember the last time my parents of friends got a random trick or treater

I think even me as a kid in the 90s only really visited our family friends

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • CanadianWolverineCanadianWolverine Registered User regular
    edited November 2017

62e5r9ao3jhs.jpg
    0vnyvdswzwga.jpg
    g6xp1dmnwzm7.jpg
    88ajb8k3nxjf.jpg
    55fx1q0mm25f.jpg

pe4y9u7k38ep.jpg
    607qzt4p1ab9.jpeg
    um8bl1qqrkdz.jpg

There certainly are much worse things you could be, don't forget to shout "Hockey, eh!" and "Universal Healthcare, eh!" to really give everyone the shivers <3

CanadianWolverine on
    steam_sig.png
    And get some poutine!

steam_sig.png

62e5r9ao3jhs.jpg
    0vnyvdswzwga.jpg
    g6xp1dmnwzm7.jpg
    88ajb8k3nxjf.jpg
    55fx1q0mm25f.jpg

pe4y9u7k38ep.jpg
    607qzt4p1ab9.jpeg
    um8bl1qqrkdz.jpg

There certainly are much worse things you could be, don't forget to shout "Hockey, eh!" and "Universal Healthcare, eh!" to really give everyone the shivers <3

Every time I bump into someone I am shouting, "sorry aboot that!"

builderr0r wrote: »
    And get some poutine!

It won't last long, I can't contain my self around that stuff. I inhale it faster than a black hole would.

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    I only got maybe ten trick or treaters. And now all I have left is kit kats and snickers!

How unfortunate.

• CanadianWolverineCanadianWolverine Registered User regular
    I had a good day today, here is how I dressed up.

aVVPdpB.jpg

My co-workers were just Fabulous and not Scared at all!

FSXDeUP.jpg

Oh, and if anyone suggests freezing your pumpkin to help preserve it till the 31st, don't. It turns into a soft goopy mess. Here is what it looked like before I followed that "advice" :pop:

6Rfn9bB.jpg

Trick or treating with the family was a lot of fun too, heh, some of the houses were giving out drinks to the parents. One of my favourite chefs Dustin was dressed as Guy Fieri and shared some "spice" (aka a squirt of fireball, mmm...).

steam_sig.png
    Movie number one, Body Bags, has passed on and is cooling off in the morgue's freezer! Now a short music intermission and then on to the next! Keeping things going in their logical path we head from the autopsy table to the final resting place of many, THE CRYPT! Don't worry as we won't be alone. Settle in boys and girls because The Keeper has a story to tell!

3xoun9njgzo1.jpg

https://lets.rabb.it/886j/r6ZLw1s2HH

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    we got tons of trick or treaters.

probably over a hundred kids.

I think it just depends on your neighborhood

I bought no candy because I don't need that sugar.

Well that was fun but dead men tell no tales. We need something to liven up this party! But what can raise the dead and revive this killer night? Why a ReAnimator of course! Up next comes a tell I absolutely adore. It's shows just how well Brian Yuzna loves his craft with this masterpiece.

8swwobt4loq9.jpg

I bought no candy because I don't need that sugar.

Well yeah, candy is like heroin. . . You don't need it, but you do need it.

• MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Kids successfully spooked. Highlights were the group of pre-teens I scared into running halfway down the block without saying a word and the Rick and Morty crew that couldn’t tell if I was a statue until I whipped around and ringwraith screeched at them.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    Matev wrote: »
    Kids successfully spooked. Highlights were the group of pre-teens I scared into running halfway down the block without saying a word and the Rick and Morty crew that couldn’t tell if I was a statue until I whipped around and ringwraith screeched at them.

Truly you were doing God's work.

• Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
    Well things wound up better than I expected at work.

I couldn't leave, so ordered some Chili to be delivered for my lunch. So I got one Halloween thing done.

Then a coworker pulled through in the best way. I offered to pay to have his father cater, but didn't know if it would actually happen. He shows up and heads to the breakroom. He pulled out one of the tables and laid out a spread including a spider made of breadsticks with dip in the center, and homemade salsa with chips shaped as bats and pumpkins, with a variety of candy spread out. A nice little pumpkin was also set out.

I had previously seen pictures of the meals he cooks, so I was so glad I could try out some of that amazing cooking and presentation.

• Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Me: (taking out the trash in a non-standard bag)
    Local Kid: Ooh, treats! Can I have one?
    Me: Sorry! This is just rubbish.
    Kid: Oh... Well I'll still eat it.

broken image link
    Well this party just wont die but it seems that the neighbors felt ReAnimator was so loud it could wake the dead and called the cops on us! NO MATTER BECAUSE THE PARTY MUST GO ON! Only a Maniac Cop could arrest our fun forever, but in what brutal reality does that exist?

hc2o2lqys7b7.jpg

• BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    Me: (taking out the trash in a non-standard bag)
    Local Kid: Ooh, treats! Can I have one?
    Me: Sorry! This is just rubbish.
    Kid: Oh... Well I'll still eat it.

That was a racoon in human form.

Wife and I took our daughter and a number of the neighborhood kids trick-or-treating last night. Was fun. My wife and daughter had a group costume going. They went as Maleficent and Mal (from Descendants 2). They both received a lot of compliments. I wore my "any excuse to wear this really expensive normally stage only outfit" costume. The weather was a bit chilly last night so the kids only made it about an hour until they wanted to go home. Everyone made out pretty well though. After dropping the kids off I went over to our neighbors house and chatted with them a bit and watched the cool rear projection stuff he had going on in his window. Was nice getting to know some people in the area since we just moved in earlier this year. After trick-or-treat was over we all had chili as is custom. Our daughter sorted her candy and then went off to bed. My wife then turned off all the lights and we watched Halloween as is custom. She was tired and went to bed afterwards. I stayed up watching random stuff until after midnight so I could blow out the jack-o-lanterns, and see the first Christmas commercial of the year. Damnit give me until at least like 6AM on the 1st of November.

• the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    builderr0r wrote: »
    I didn't have a costume for this year sadly, but I liked my outfit. I'm wearing this lace, bat wing shrug, and my bag is a black skull.

vJKKJkR.jpg

@Nija and I went to Knott's Scary Farm. It was my first time going to a Halloween-themed amusement park, and it was a lot of fun.

sorry I missed you, I was working at one of the mazes. forgot to post about it at all this year. :redface: glad to hear you had fun, though.

tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    My brother had 250 trick-or-treaters. About half what he normally gets but it was 35 and snowing.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork