As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NFL] Concussions are a State of Mind

• MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Is Ajayi going to Philly something to be excited for in fantasy? It hasn't been great in Miami so far but it seems like he would split time a lot more now

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »

This is crazy and I don't understand why Carolina agreed to that unless they have a plan to get more o-linemen somewhere

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    people were worried it was a trade for cordy glenn, and some people were rumormongering that he was up for trade but in my opinion trading a high level left tackle is absolutely insane

of course people are also going straight to a one way ticket to title town, which, lets beat the jets first alright

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I genuinely think that if Belichick traded Brady away, Kraft would give him the boot.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular

This is DEFINITELY not a case of the coach losing his team.

Nope, not at all.

• STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    admanb wrote: »
    Kraft trading Garappolo to handcuff Belicheck to Brady is fuckin' hilarious if true.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bellichick leaves the Pats if this continues.

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    admanb wrote: »
    Kraft trading Garappolo to handcuff Belicheck to Brady is fuckin' hilarious if true.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bellichick leaves the Pats if this continues.

Yeah, having the best team in football year after year is probably starting to wear on him.

He should go coach the Browns again.

Madden franchise update.

Just lost 28-0 in the divisional round to the Slurs.

I am inconsolable.

(Chargers won the Super Bowl. The end times are near.)

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    There's like 5 people on Earth who still don't think Bill's gone the second after Brady's done.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    Maximum wrote: »

This is crazy and I don't understand why Carolina agreed to that unless they have a plan to get more o-linemen somewhere

Dive bars, biker rallies, they create them via alchemy?

• MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    There's like 5 people on Earth who still don't think Bill's gone the second after Brady's done.
    Bill is 65 - does he really want to coach into his 90's?

Some people do

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Brady will retire, then the year after that Belicheck will win the SB with an intramural team as a mic drop, then retire.

sig.gif
  • AngrySquirrelAngrySquirrel Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    Brady will retire, then the year after that Belicheck will win the SB with an intramural team as a mic drop, then retire.

So he's going back to the Browns.

Live/PSN: IronSquirrel ,, Steam: angrysquirrel
    Battle.net: IronSquirrel#1462
  • IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular

To be fair the horror story for Spurs fans for years was Pop would leave when Duncan did, riding off into the sunset together. Obviously hasn't shook out like that thankfully.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular

This tweet constitutes violence to the word ‘earned’

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    I guess he earned it in practice

on thunderdome day

Xehalus wrote: »

on thunderdome day

"Well Osweiler didn't trip over his own shoelaces, so give him the job"

Allbright keeping his word and posting emails from Browns staff/members

DNj7GJIU8AApUex.jpg

on thunderdome day

He earned redemption nothing more
    Now he has to prove it

• PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular

on thunderdome day

"Well Osweiler didn't trip over his own shoelaces, so give him the job"

Look, he was technically on the browns at some point, let him have his pity start

We're just going to wait and trade him to Cleveland for two #1's in April.

• PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular

What if shanny promises he'll play and then Jimmy G gets hit by a bus on the way to the game?

He can't make that promise, he's not a fortune teller!

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    it's not like the 0-7 49ers are in any hurry to get him onto the field behind a line that just lost both its tackles.

I like Darnold telling Breer he's strongly considering another year of college if the Browns have the first or second pick

You know, like there's any chance that's not the case again in 2019

But... isn't this the last year Jimmy G is under contract?

edited November 2017
    yes. so having him play to get a paycheck might be a bad idea because he might take more risks and get injured. imo if they want him? sign him NOW, not after the season

Jars on
  • hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    But... isn't this the last year Jimmy G is under contract?

It's not like they traded a (high) second round pick for 9 games of quarterbacking for an 0-7 team.

• Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Jars wrote: »
    can't wait for the dolphins to go 3-13

Hahah we already got 4 wins!

Man this season sucks. At least I can root for a Philly SB now.

Fondor_Yards on
    Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
    hoyer is now officially the patriots backup

can you imagine if he ends up with a ring

• Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    Josh Gordon has been reinstated. Can play on Dec 3rd. Just in time for fantasy playoffs heh.

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    From the official NY Giants Instagram

1lokqm36ljqv.png

We got you a suspension!

It's the thought that counts

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    hoyer is now officially the patriots backup

can you imagine if he ends up with a ring

I am seething with rage at the thought of it.

so the bills have not started 6-2 since 1993, the last time they went to the superbowl

another bit of history I found: the last team to win a game without completing a pass was the 1974 bills

• Randy ButternubbsRandy Butternubbs Registered User regular
    Mulletude wrote: »
    Is Ajayi going to Philly something to be excited for in fantasy? It hasn't been great in Miami so far but it seems like he would split time a lot more now

Seems like it's really good for the Eagles, but drops the ceiling on both him and Blount somewhat fantasy wise.

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Papa John's says anthem protests are hurting deal with NFL but Pizza Hut counters Papa John's claim of NFL hurting pizza sales
    Papa John is blaming NFL player protests for a dip in pizza sales, but Pizza Hut says otherwise.

Such are the extensive ripple effects that an NFL season full of political controversy is having on all sorts of adjacent businesses.

On Wednesday, Papa John’s International reported disappointing third-quarter earnings: its sales rose, but only by 1%—less than analyst expectations. Sales rose 5.5% in the same quarter last year.

CEO John Schnatter said the reason is the NFL. “The NFL has hurt us by not resolving the current debacle to the players’ and owners’ satisfaction… NFL leadership has hurt Papa John’s shareholders,” he said on the earnings call.

But one day later, Greg Creed, CEO of Yum Brands, which owns Pizza Hut, Taco Bell, and KFC, was asked to comment on the claim.

“We’re not seeing any impact from any of that,” Creed said on Yum’s earnings call.
    John Schnatter mentioned the NFL 44 times on his company’s earnings call, Bloomberg counted. Papa John’s is an official NFL sponsor, and Schnatter suggested that Papa John’s may pull back on its NFL advertising. (Amidst all the political controversy this season, NFL sponsors are “nervous,” ad execs tell Yahoo Finance.)

Among other digs at NFL leadership, Schnatter said player protests “should have been nipped in the bud” by the NFL last season when they first began. In making that argument, Schnatter joins President Donald Trump, as well as NFL team owners Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder. (Some even believe, since Jerry Jones is a Papa John’s franchisee, that Jones is behind Schnatter’s comments.)

Indeed, NFL television ratings are down an average 5% through the first half of the season, but it is unclear how much of the reason is outrage over seeing some players protest. Many media execs, including 21st Century Fox CEO James Murdoch, blame an excess of football games.

Michael Halen, a Bloomberg analyst, did not dismiss Schnatter’s claim. “I’m not blaming them for citing it,” he said.

But the success of Pizza Hut in the same quarter—Yum Brand beat the street and its stock spiked—casts serious doubt on Schnatter’s blame.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    Nah...what is hurting your business is shit chain store pizza that has to be drowned in clarified butter for people to choke it down.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
This discussion has been closed.