As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] The Nightmare Before Christmas- Game Over! Mafia Win! Poor Jack!

• Options
    CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    CesareB

My vote reasoning is actually different.

Your post about the SK doing this or that and the other thing and we should just ignore the SK reads to me as a "oh god I"m the serial killer please don't pay attention to me".

And a Serial Killer is not the kind of Neutral we should be keeping around.

As someone who has had a decent nujmber of SK wins I can say with absolute certitude that any SK that can genuinely threaten a win talks as little about their role as possible. Conversely, the mafia benefits from a village that is spending its effort hunting the SK on what will doubtless be flimsy evidence rather than using their brains and going after the mafia on what will necessarily be stronger evidence at this point in the game.

• Options
    kime wrote: »
    Well, you shouldn't miss days in the future. It's suspicious!

But remember, in Phalla everything is suspicious

I kind of doubt I'll Phalla again tbh. To come back after so long and get ganked because the start narration doesn't even bother to @ the villagers leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

• Options
    Triple post: I wonder if by withdrawing my vote I can instead die to inactivus and deny you jerks your scares :biggrin:

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    In my experience

any mafia worth a damn will do their best to find the SK and keep them alive.

It's an extra kill for them, essentially.

two+ dead villagers a night helps make that 'outnumber' victory condition a lot easier.

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    CesareB wrote: »

I kind of doubt I'll Phalla again tbh. To come back after so long and get ganked because the start narration doesn't even bother to @ the villagers leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I'm sorry that it happened like that. I assume incorrectly that having a Day 1 two days long would result in less inactive people. And forgive me for that. I am running this whole game from a phone and pen and paper. With all the moving parts, it's the small things that get lost in the shuffle.

• Options
    Votes Closed. Narrations coming once I am home from Candy Hunting.

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Huh, well, I can buy that issue.
    Missing the game start is pretty understandable without pms.
    I'm used to bookmarking and following closely so I sorta avoided that myself.

H3Knuckles is my new number 1 suspect.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Hah whoops. Following closely, my ass. I missed the vote!

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular

I think that's mostly from recent game runners having less time to pm every player. Kime did the same thing. If you just aren't enjoying playing that's fine, and considering you aren't going to experience much more of the game, I can see how that would be less fun. Just maybe give it a game or two before you give up.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Happy Halloween ya'll.
    Regardless, of future or current phalla endevors, I hope ya'll find a bit of joy, if ya can.
    I'm playing culdcept, and it's good, but not nearly spooky enough.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    Brody wrote: »

I think that's mostly from recent game runners having less time to pm every player. Kime did the same thing. If you just aren't enjoying playing that's fine, and considering you aren't going to experience much more of the game, I can see how that would be less fun. Just maybe give it a game or two before you give up.

I've given it dozens of games over the years. More likely than not I've just outgrown it. I'm much more able to game in person than I was when I stumbled upon Phalla in days of yore. :)

• Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular

I’d encourage you to try at least one more. This game is going to be a bunch of bandwagons to get scares, so if one takes off, odds are it’ll get followed until a network gathers.

This one is going to be rough so try at least one more.

• Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Conversely, not having people around to game with is what's drawn me back to Phalla after many years of not playing

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Whoops. My bad, GG. Got caught up in spooky reading.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Ah hell, sorry I forgot all about this! I rely heavily on a PM at the start of a game, I don't remember things :/

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    Night Two- It's Not Easy Being Green

https://youtu.be/pmKE1Kd3xco

Jack's party was already dying, which would normally be a good thing in Halloween Town. After kicking out the wrong person the hour before, Jack decided to wait until he found more evidence before kicking them from the town. Maybe Sally was rubbing off on him. The crowd however, wasn't as patient, as they when after CesareB, who truth be told, was actually a late arrival. But that didn't matter, he must have the Doctor's Brain, they cried and tossed him into a boiling cauldron. It was after a few minutes too late they realize their mistake. But it was fun, many remarked.

The fun had only begun when they spotted AustinP0027 had been ripped apart on a roulette wheel. The other party-goers guessed that it happened when they were boiling CesareB. His poor gifts were also smashed, beyond repair...

The last surprise came when someone noticed that one of the fence posts near the graveyard was made of candy cane and was sticking out of jdarksun's body. The question the party-goers were left with was how did someone make a candy cane so big and how did they get it impaled in this party-goer's chest without breaking it.

The Dead
    CesareB (Party-goer) Fashionable Late
    AustinP0027Always Bet On Red
    jdarksun Sugar Rush

Inactivus can smell the blood of @Virgil_Leads_You and @Auralynx. Hope that it doesn't find you.

PMs going out.

• Options
    Oh yeah, forgot one death...

The creatures of Halloween Town are pretty used to seeing creepy and crawly. However, one Party-goer wasn't ready when a creature of unspeakable horrors caught him in a dark corner of the party. He didn't even get to scream before Cythraul was erased from existence, leaving nothing behind

The Dead- Cont.
    Cythraul INACTIVUS HUNGERS!!!

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Shit. I missed a day. Double shit, straight village casualties.

Uh, well... Having caught up on the thread, it's probably worth mentioning that @Raiden333 and @LostNinja were among the first 4 to vote for the villager each day so far. I mean, I would think actual mafia would be more circumspect, but it's something to consider?
    6p6poo7fxbi3.gif
    I'm happy to hear from people in private if they have anything they don't want to discuss in thread.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    All PMs out. If you feel like you should have one, PM me. I actually feel like I am missing something. Otherwise, I am going to sleep in my coffin. Happy Halloween, Everyone!

• Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    Virgil and Aural are usually pretty active, so them being MIA is suspicious as fuck.

Gonna keep my vote on !H3Knuckles for now, but I could be swayed otherwise.

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    I like where H3Knuckles is going with that reasoning. Raiden333 for hiding a nothing post in the upper-middle of a bandwagon.

• Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    OOoOoOooOooOOO

This means I must be elite like those older vets that I needed to be silenced. Right?

Right guys?

nw16k3o5g1sa.jpg

OoOOoooOoOOoOO

AustinP0027 on
  • Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Anyone else hear something go bump in the night last night?

I also agree with H3Knuckles reasoning,
    but I'm thowing my vote at LostNinja instead of Raiden

• Options
    I again call for censure of Romantic Undead's unfounded witch hunt.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options

I totally admit it's not a fully formed opinion, and even said I could be swayed. What makes you so sure H3 is innocent? Do you know something I don't? Sway me! I'd love to score some scares!

• Options

I totally admit it's not a fully formed opinion, and even said I could be swayed. What makes you so sure H3 is innocent? Do you know something I don't? Sway me! I'd love to score some scares!

I don't believe he's mafia because I believe you are mafia trying to push the vote somewhere that will not damage your group of Oogie Boogie sycophants.

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    I don't see how my day 1 vote was suspicious? I was the second total vote, and the first on the eventual bandwagon. Mafia don't start bandwagons because it draws unwanted attention. I'd be more curious of who hasn't been on one either day as the village should be bandwagoning in order to accumulate scares.

As for my day 2 vote, I was sitting at 2 votes at the time with Cesar at 2 or 3 placing me in danger (especially since as I mentioned when I voted I was about to hop on a plane and wouldn't be off until after vote close).

• Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular

Virgil wasn't MIA so much as late, but I agree with Aura being gone being suspicious. Then again it was a holiday yesterday so maybe not that suspicious?

Lost Ninja seems fine to me.

• Options
    JPants wrote: »

Virgil wasn't MIA so much as late, but I agree with Aura being gone being suspicious. Then again it was a holiday yesterday so maybe not that suspicious?

Lost Ninja seems fine to me.

Well, Auralynx will get Inactivused if he doesn't show up today, so I guess no use voting for him yet. However, If Virgil doesn't post more, I suggest we keep an eye on him as well, as a normally-active guy staying below the radar is often a bad sign. I'm not convinced that I need to switch off of H3 just yet. His post was the first after results, which means he was watching intently and ready to pounce with an analysis, which is something I've done when I've been mafia. Also, having Brody defending him so vociferously on day 2 is also weird, in my mind. There's no reason for you to be so intent on defending H3, Brody, you know as much about him as you do me at this point... unless you don't.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Lynch me tomorrow if you like, but if I'm right, then we can look at Brody tomorrow.

• Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Why is nobody talking about JayKaos? We should all be talking about JayKaos. I have no reason to suspect him, which is why I am absolutely certain he is a trouble maker.

• Options
    Knuckles, Austin, and I all started playing around the same time, and tend to work well together. Also, I'm not defending him any more aggressively than you are pushing his death.

• Options
    Knuckles, Austin, and I all started playing around the same time, and tend to work well together. Also, I'm not defending him any more aggressively than you are pushing his death.

What part of "I'm not moving my vote off of H3 for now but could be convinced to" sounds aggressive to you?

• Options
    There's so many old guard in this game that I've never played with. That and the incintive to bandwagon is making it hard to get any reads this game.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Bluecyan wrote: »
    Why is nobody talking about JayKaos? We should all be talking about JayKaos. I have no reason to suspect him, which is why I am absolutely certain he is a trouble maker.

In my totally unbiased opinion this sounds like an attempt to throw suspicion off someone but for the life of me I can't figure who.

JayKaos on
    Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    [cokor=red]Phyphor[/color] because they usually don't survive thing long without being mafia.

• Options
    BB Code, fat thumbs, and phone posting don't mix.

Phyphor

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Virgil and Aural are usually pretty active, so them being MIA is suspicious as fuck.

Gonna keep my vote on !H3Knuckles for now, but I could be swayed otherwise.

I got engaged during the Phalla interregnum; my schedule and browsing habits have changed somewhat as a result!

But as far as yesterday, I missed vote close because I was finishing Joe Hill's new book (which was not nearly as spooky as NOS4A2 and Heart-Shaped Box, and therefore a disappointment given Halloween and all) and when I got done it was 10:15.

If someone wants to read me in via PM or something, great, but for now I'm a bit behind.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    If Virgil doesn't post more, I suggest we keep an eye on him as well, as a normally-active guy staying below the radar is often a bad sign. I'm not convinced that I need to switch off of H3 just yet. His post was the first after results, which means he was watching intently and ready to pounce with an analysis, which is something I've done when I've been mafia.

Hu Hu Hu.
    You discovered my glorious plan -su.
    It's all true, and I will finally come clean -su.

I intentionally stalked the vote close, in order to sway the last minute vote -su,
    in the event that half of voters unanimously decided to drop the bandwagon -su on the fella who missed the game start -su (CesareB).
    As you know, as the devious mafia -su, it was crucial for me to move the vote away from CesareB -su, who might have shown up as a villager in death narration -su, but that we mafia know to be the Secret Mafia Party Lord!-su

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    I'm glad to see no bandwagons forming this morning, though I imagine that will change as we get closer to night. In general, going for scares should help the villagers, however we have to be willing to use them.

Screaming head seems kind of bad (atleast this early). The emphasis on jumping on the vote leader makes it unlikely one vote will do much, and in general hidden info hurts villagers. Bomb in the box sounds like hot potatoe, which effectively makes it a random kill, bad for the village. If your going for kill, the wedding bands would be better, atleast then you control it.

I think the 2 point gifts are the best: snake eyes allows a seer ability every third night. Flesh masks seem like a good idea too, if you know a special person. And as my mother would say "A hat that's a bat is totally phat". This last one will get better as our population is smaller and more is known.

Even if you can't get some deal set up, a random snale eyes gift will do more good for a villager and be more likely to go to a villager. With the delay from purchase to use though it helps to do this earlier (1 night to purchase, 1 night to use, next day to be useful) and for many of us that means today.

• Options

What part of "I'm not moving my vote off of H3 for now but could be convinced to" sounds aggressive to you?

My point was that I thought your reason for voting him yesterday was specious, and you continue to push for his untimely demise.