As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Secret Satans 2017 - Complete! See you next year!

BroloBrolo BroseidonLord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
edited February 2018 in Social Entropy++
It's Secret Satans 2017! Hail Satan!

SIGNUP deadline: November 14th, 11:59PM EDT.
GIFTING deadline: January 31st, 11:59PM EDT. Your gift must be received by this time!

IT HAS BEGUN!

RULES:
1. There is no minimum spending amount and no maximum spending amount.
2. International people are allowed. If you have some super big problem with it, let me know in your sign up email, but I cannot 100% guarantee you will not get someone in Australia, New Zealand, or lesser Uranus. IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE THIS POSSIBILITY, DO NOT SIGN UP. Note: Canada is NOT considered "international."
3. If nobody knows who you are, you probably will not be allowed to sign up. This is to cut down on the number of deadbeat Satans. If you have less than 500 posts and nobody else knows you, YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED (Exceptions are known significant others of folks, PA staff, etc)
4. People who do not send gifts will be banned.
5. DO NOT BITCH ABOUT WHAT YOU GOT. CONVERSELY, TRY TO SEND PEOPLE THINGS YOU THINK THEY WILL LIKE BASED ON WHAT THEY POST.
6. Do NOT send NSFW gifts unless they specifically OK it in the info sent to you when you get your person.
7. You MUST have a wishlist post. You can make it in this thread. It can link to Amazon or some other website with multiple ideas. Just because you consider yourself well-known doesn't mean people will know what to get for you.

SIGNUP:
Send an EMAIL where the subject is YOUR FORUM NAME to secretsatans2017@gmail.com with the following information:
Your REAL NAME
Your MAILING ADDRESS
Your CELL PHONE NUMBER

Your PREFERENCE FOR INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING
Your PREFERENCE FOR NSFW GIFTS
Your LINK TO YOUR WISHLIST / SUGGESTIONS POST. You can make your posts in this thread, make sure they are linked in your email before you sign up. Don't fuck this up!

Hey a heads up - if you have allergies, incompatibilities, or other restrictions on gifts you can receive, please put those guidelines in your wishlist posts! Some people are going to be sending home-made treats and food as gifts, and it would suck if anyone breaks into hives upon opening their package. Look out for each other, my dudes.

Example email:
SUBJECT: Forumer_69XXX

MAILING ADDRESS: 23 my address
wherever, wherever, USA
CELL PHONE NUMBER:( 555) - 555 5555

PREFERENCE FOR INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING: Yes
PREFERENCE FOR NSFW GIFTS: Yes
LINK TO YOUR WISHLIST / SUGGESTIONS POST: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/28316347#Comment_28316347

As always, if your gift isn't received by the gifting deadline (January 31st), you will be banned, no exceptions. Once you receive your gift, you are to post that it has been received. Please do this within 1-2 days of receipt.

We've had TWO YEARS OF PERFECT GIFTING, let's try to keep the streak going!

I may also require the services of a helper imp, mostly for sending additional PMs and coordinating some of the gifting chains. Hit me up by PM if you're so interested!
Framling's Fantastic FAQ For Foisting Freebies On Friendly Forumers!

Q: My person lives outside the country! What if shipping takes a long time?
A: Oh shit! Better plan ahead!

Q: I got evicted from my apartment! I can't afford a present right now.
A: Shouldn't have signed up, Poordilocks!

Q: I don't want to give suggestions, because I <goose reasoning that I don't care about>
A: Then don't sign up. Because if you don't give suggestions, you won't be allowed in.

If you have any questions about your giftee, or if you get confused by the process, you can PM me ( @Brolo ) or one of our amazing imps ( @ceres and @lonelyahava ). We'll try to get your problem resolved!

Thanks!

Rankenphile on

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    LIST OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE SIGNED UP SO FAR (updated every once in while):
    1. Brolo
    2. Naphtali
    3. Blackhawk1313
    4. Xaquin
    5. Rainfall
    6. Nogs
    7. KetBra
    8. DrZiplock
    9. #pipe
    10. Slacker71
    11. Kadith
    12. Elaro
    13. Lost Salient
    14. Skeith
    15. Pinfeldorf
    16. Penguin Incarnate
    17. . / plut
    18. Marathon
    19. BlakeT
    20. Okami
    21. Noggin
    22. Straightzi
    23. Veldrin
    24. Rankenphile
    25. godmode
    26. Goatmon
    27. Goose!
    28. DashD
    29. Raijin Quickfoot
    30. Tofystedeth
    31. Bucketman
    32. Ladybug2332
    33. Grobian
    34. Perrsun
    35. Jimbobthemonkey
    36. Lalabox
    37. Nullzone
    38. Virgil Leads You
    39. Fig-D
    40. Rayze
    41. The Road Virus
    42. N1tSt4lker
    43. ceres
    44. Rorshach Kringle
    45. Uriel
    46. Sir Fabulous
    47. A Dabble of Thelonius
    48. Schide
    49. Madican
    50. Tonkka
    51. HyperBallad
    52. Fightin Filipino
    53. Tynic
    54. RMED
    55. Lasbrook
    56. Brogey
    57. Quicksnap

Brolo on
  • Options
    NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    Posting and bookmarking so I remember to do the thing. I've gotta cut back on my internet gift exchanges this year but I'm 1000% here for Satans!

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    hail satan

see this space for satan related activities eventually oh hi satan
    I may add to this post as I think of things to say, but I'll try to keep it short and sweet. I'm a 34 year old dude living in the Northeast US, typical nerdy stuff is fine by me. 6'00'' and fat (typically go 2XL in sizes), no sense beating around the bush there. I'll try just about any kind of music, movie or book (I know this sounds strange, but I'd prefer kindle/digital versions! Makes it so much easier when you travel which is when I read the most) you can throw at me. For bideo games, I have a PC, PS4, Switch and 3DS for current gen stuff. If you get completely stuck for ideas, gift cards would actually be rad. I know I'm leaving this somewhat vague as it is. I could always use another hoodie though (I have a lot of affection for my N7 hoodies, they're nerdy enough to please but not so outlandish that every conversation I have with someone who doesn't know what Mass Effect is one that they need to feel to comment on its design).

I know my Amazon wishlist has tons of expensive stuff in it, but don't feel like you have to hold to any of that. Also if you do get something from it but not from Amazon, please make sure you mark it as purchased as I share that list with friends and family members as well. Honestly I'm sure whatever you get me I'll like. Feel free to ping ideas off rhylith or Yukira, they know my likes a bit. Thank you very much in advance!

Some stuff that's cool that isn't in my Amazon wish list are some rad looking posters I saw on Etsy a while back by somebody named Crowsmack.

Elieen the Crow and the Nightly Hunt from Bloodborne
    Mega Man 2

Naphtali on
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    hella satan
    Hey Satan! Good to see you again, you sly dog! Amazon wishlist is here: http://a.co/f8wFaxW

Clothes: I wear a Women's Large, could use a nice jacket or hoodie or some shit. I linked some of the nicer stuff on the Bioware store on my wishlist, take a peek. Stuff in similar styles is cool and good! I know shit all about fashion.

Makeup/Nail polish: I'm just starting to think about getting into this, so hey feel free to buy me some if you know what you're doing. I don't know what I'm doing so I have zero things relating to this on my Amazon wishlist.

Video Games: Rainstealer on PSN, http://steamcommunity.com/id/Rainfall on Steam. I prefer PS4 games to Steam games, I do most of my gaming on Playstation since my PC is kinda old and I can't really replace it. Anything that's super moddable I'd prefer on PS4. Right now I'm interested in picking up the new Wolfensteins and also Destiny 2 to play with my sister and PA people? I also like RPGs and love character action games. If you buy me a PS4 gift card and tell me what you want me to buy with it, I'll use it for that purpose. I'm in Canada if that matters?

Art: I want some nice paintings and shit to put on my walls. Abstract or nature strongly preferred over animals/people. I already have a giant Tron: Legacy poster on my wall so I don't really want more nerd stuff unless it's subtle.

Miniatures: Oh Satan forgive me but I am cursed. On my Amazon wishlist are pieces from the Anima Tactics miniatures game which is my disgusting shame and passion. They are horrifically overpriced, out of print, and I want them so badly. Probably don't buy them for me but if you do, I will pledge my eternal soul to you. (Clover and Valis Ul Del Vilfain are the two I want the most)
    I also want to get into this rad cool game called Arena Rex with fighting gladiators, so if you want to pick me up a couple of starter sets and one of those giant monsters as an arena hazard that would be sick.
    And finally since I'm freshly fuckin' unemployed I could use new paints/brushes so I can make my miniatures beautiful once again. Maybe I'll actually get around to working on them this time?

Other general interests: My favorite thing is Tron and the Tron: Legacy aesthetic. I love Godzilla and kaiju shit. Plushies/stuffed animals(or monsters) are totally rad. FUCK MARVEL right now holy fucking shit please don't get me comic stuff unless it's indie, I wouldn't mind those Wicked+the Divine hardcovers on my wishlist. Feel free to buy me something not on the wishlist, that's cool too. Homemade things are appreciated but please don't send me baked goods or edible stuff as I am dieting like crazy at the moment!

Bonus notes if you're rich: I could really use a new monitor for my PC, the one I have is... 11 years old? Going on 12? Christ. Also the mouse I have is shitty so I could use a new one. I put a couple of suggestions for such in my amazon wishlist.

NSFW Gifts:
    Hey I'm totally cool with you getting me some! I do some mucking about with BDSM so I could use a nice flogger or paddle and classy dildos are generally appreciated(I really like the aesthetic of glass, yknow?) Blindfolds, gags, restraints, all is nice but if you do go this route just make sure that it's all high quality stuff! Please don't buy me underwear, that's weird.

I might update this in the future but I usually don't? HAIL SATAN!

Rainfall on
  • Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Naphtali wrote: »
    hail satan
    same
    Dear Satan,
    Most of this is gratuitously stolen from last year (and stolen again) I've cleaned up my wishlists but I'll be sure to try to flesh them out even more so you have plenty clues
    and hopefully edit this further later
    About me: 29 yr old sys admin who is a large in men's shirts. (usually) I am local to Nuevo Mexico
    Besides vibeo games I like photography, cooking, baking, star gazing, collecting vinyl, and my two dogs.
    21RNcqO.jpg
    as far as consoles go I have an XBone, PS4 Pro + PSV4, and I just bought a Switch, and I do also own a decent gaming PC.
    I have a kindle paperwhite so that is my preferred format for receiving books.
    I enjoy getting to experience new stuff from different localities

Wishlists:
    Books and misc stuff: http://smile.amazon.com/registry/wishlist/180RJN81WQGM4
    Blu-Rays: http://smile.amazon.com/registry/wishlist/1CY9728IWN5K1
    Records: http://smile.amazon.com/registry/wishlist/2H5F5SEX4C4DP
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/kadith/wishlist/

Kadith on
    zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    I am incredibly happy for this.

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Oooh, putting a pin in this so I can write a benediction to Satan during lunch.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Woo, count me in of course. Will edit in post later. Plan on doing my random gifting again this year off steam lists so keep em updated!

Spoiler contains suggestions:
    Greetings Dark Lord, here goes!

Clothing: Shirt size 2X (varies, when in doubt err on larger side)

Music: Pretty big metal fan. Huge fan of In Flames, own most of their stuff. Have lots of older stuff, big Iron Maiden fan too. I do have a record player so vinyl is an option.

Games: Games! I own the following: PS4, PS3, XBox One, Xbox 360, Wii U, Wii, 3DS, Vita, and Switch. For reference on games look at my Amazon list below as I use it for birthday and Christmas as well so items get marked off successfully. I'm also a huge retro collector (NES, SNES, N64, Master System, Genesis, Sega CD, Saturn, Game Boy, Advance, SNES mini, etc. Current biggest things I'm after are Super Adventure Island II, Megaman X3 SNES, and Mega Man V and VI NES. Steam Link: http://steamcommunity.com/id/blackhawk1313/wishlist/

For anything else have a look at my amazon wishlist as well: http://www.amazon.com/registry/wishlist/20XXQ81141C5K

Beyond that, you are awesome no matter what Secret Satan and I'll love whatever you give me!

(Yes I’m aware I largely recycled my last years post, I’m unoriginal).

Blackhawk1313 on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Yessssssssssssss

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    4786-Hail-Satan.gif?1

Suggestion post behind the spoiler
    GREETINGS DARK LORD.
    Thanks in advance for your generosity! I have a pretty decently curated Amazon wishlist HERE. There's stuff on there for all price ranges and I'd appreciate anything from it!
    I play video games on PS4 with the username hashpipe_canada and on PC with the steam username hash_pipe. You can directly gift me things to these accounts and I'll get em!
    We also have a switch but my wife usually plays that and I don't know about accounts or whatever on there.

About me:
    • My wife and I are expecting our first child, a boy, in late January, so if you have life saving stuff for new parents have at it.
    • I recently started my own business, a graphic design and printing service, so any home office doodads would be great.
    • We regularly go semi-camping at my wife's unpowered family cabin where we have a little boat, so camping/adventure/boating gear is a decent idea.
    • We moved a little while ago and our walls seem pretty bare to me so I'd love some wall art, good tasteful poster prints or art prints worthy of framing.
    • I drive a 2000 Jeep TJ sport and love working on it myself and customizing it, so if you're also into car stuff there's an avenue there.
    • I like cooking and recently started baking my own bread and making my own cold brew coffee.
    • I love and listen to a lot of podcasts. I only have a shitty cheap pair of earbuds so if you wanted to splurge on a pair of decent headphones or a bluetooth headset or whatever I'd sure love that.
    • I'm a dumb size/shape so clothes and t-shirts are a no go unless they're specifically on a wishlist.

You should have received two mailing addresses. I live in Canada but also use a US postal service so if you live in the US you can send things for much cheaper. Please be aware, though, that I have to pay to pick up each package, so grouping them into a single shipment would be best!

Thanks again and have fun!

#pipe on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2017
    Yessssssssssssss

Don't know why this posted twice...

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Heck Yeah!
    Gonna bookmark this, and signup after work!

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    HAIL SATAN!

Truly this is the darkest of days as it's also my 9 year anniversary here.

• Options
    NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    Yessssssssssssss

Don't know why this posted twice...

I'm mostly impressed that @#pipe got a post in between.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    woohoo!

signed up!

edit:

I really love cooking, weird cooking gadgets, weird ingredients, and the like

I am full up on cookbooks though (literally no more shelf space)

edit: I also like vinyl!

especially obscure early 60s pop!

Xaquin on
  • Options
    The ritual is sent!

I did just lose my job but I'm pretty sure I can squeak out a rad Satan's gift this year, I'd hate to break my only gift-giving tradition.

• Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    awww yeeee
    Hail Satan!

First, here is amazon wishlist: https://amzn.com/w/3QNWZKRV2GJVO

It is in no way exhaustive, and I am notoriously bad at actually updating it. I always have a hard time adding sub-$50 items, for whatever reason.

I live in Minnesota, if you live outside the USA, that basically means Canada Jr., aka Cold-as-Fuck Land. Warm anything will be used, from wool sock,s to scarves, to whatever. If it'll keep me warm inside or out, I will use it or drink it.

I like comic books, espresso, dark liquors and spicy food.

I've also been getting really into the indie RPG scene, and am super interested in things like Blades in the Dark, Microscope, Powered by the Apocolypse books, etc.

The biggest change in my life this year is that I am now a father! We have almost all baby essentials you can possibly think of, but we still like fun/quirky baby stuff.

All that said though, I'm lucky enough in my life right now that I really do want for nothing, but that's not the case for everyone. If you are stuck on thinking about what to get me, please consider donating to one of these charities in my name instead and it would mean a lot.

Family Tree Clinic
    https://donatenow.networkforgood.org/familytreeclinic

Planned Parenthood
    https://secure.ppaction.org/site/Donation2?df_id=12913&12913.donation=form1&s_src=Evergreen_c3_PPNonDirected_banner

Child's Play
    http://childsplaycharity.org/

Minnesota Coalition for Battered Women
    http://www.mcbw.org/donate

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    HAIL SATAN!

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Every time I see this I automatically pass on it because I don't feel I know the community well enough. This year I've been realizing I won't know the community unless I interact with it more. PAX is one way, this could be another.

So, I'll think on this a bit.

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Every time I see this I automatically pass on it because I don't feel I know the community well enough. This year I've been realizing I won't know the community unless I interact with it more. PAX is one way, this could be another.

You should sign up!

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »

You should sign up!

If finances permit it then absolutely. Just got to check a couple things before committing.

• Options
    RayzeRayze Registered User regular

I've been doing this for years and still don't feel like I know the community well enough or even fit in. It's fun though; you'll enjoy it.

As for me, money is tight but I should be able to send a gift or two. I'll sign up when I don't feel so crummy.

• Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular

You should sign up!

If finances permit it then absolutely. Just got to check a couple things before committing.

I do this every year BECAUSE I don't know the community that well on a personal level, and each year I get to stalk somebody and feel like I know them, and then whoever gets me something immediately jumps up the emotional-connection scale.

And then I start noticing posts from those people more in the future, and it feels good.

• Options
    I am also pretty broke this year, what with just starting out as self employed and expecting a baby in January

I wouldn't dream of not signing up, though. There are all kinds of things I've received from Satans that cost little to no money - music, baked goods, handicrafts, original art etc.

If all you can afford to send your Satanee is a batch of cookies and one of your old books you think they'll like, I guarantee they'll be grateful for it.

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    After taking last year off...I’M BACK BABY.

Hail Satan! I’ll sign up properly after work.
    Why, hello Satan. Fancy meeting you here.

I’m a male nerd in my mid 30’s, I have a link to an amazon wishlist in my sig, feel free to browse there to get an idea of the things I’m into. But by no means do I expect you to pick from there exclusively.

I’m married (to a woman who is great but would not find NSFW gifts funny) and we have 2 young boys ages 11 and 9. They, like their father love video games. We’re getting a switch this Christmas, that they don’t know about, with Mario Odyssey.

My youngest son absolutely loves Mario and has a costume he wears often and he’s just now starting to get into Pokémon. My oldest son likes Pokémon as well and Yu-gi-oh.

I also love video games. We have an x box one and the previously mentioned switch. I also have a gaming PC, where I primarially play WoW and Overwatch.

I also love reading and movies.

Kisses

Marathon on
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    I am also pretty broke this year, what with just starting out as self employed and expecting a baby in January

I wouldn't dream of not signing up, though. There are all kinds of things I've received from Satans that cost little to no money - music, baked goods, handicrafts, original art etc.

If all you can afford to send your Satanee is a batch of cookies and one of your old books you think they'll like, I guarantee they'll be grateful for it.

Yeah I just want to say for anyone signing up, homemade gifts are totally okay, just put some sincere effort into what you're making and your recipient will appreciated it!

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    It's the thought that counts, always

Stuff is stuff, you can always get more stuff, but the memories are forever.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Hail Stan!

Here's my list. Also gosh it's fun to revisit this list and reflect upon how I have grown and what I was looking forward to and have now experienced and also what I haven't done either.

First of all thank you so much for being a part of this. It's a lovely thing to do.

Geographically me
    I'm in Sydney, Australia. Which is annoying for shipping as well as quarantine stuff. Sorry. If you are thinking of sending food (which I would love), you might have to make sure with customs. But since it's a worldly city, it probably won't take too long to send things.

Physically me
    I'm a 25 year old dude. I'm around 6 foot 2 and around 200 pounds. Probably don't worry about clothes, since i've just gone through and refilled my wardrobe recently, but at the same time i'm looking for some nice, smart-casual shoes, preferably brighter colours. I'm a men's size US 13, but honestly shoes are probably a bit too difficult.

I'm sort of looking into getting into straight razor shaving, but that stuff's also expensive so don't feel obliged.

Gaming
    I'm quite into video games, to put it mildly. I've just got a pc, but on the plus side, you can see exactly what I've got in my my steam profile. (the steam wishlist should now be in order) Generally, I'm a big fan of shooting games, games that put a lot of emphasis on movement, cool singleplayer games. Not the biggest fan of turn-based games, or strategy games, but I might be willing to give them a go.

Recently gotten into racing games a bit.

Hobbies
    Fallen of warhammer a little, although I'm sort of looking for a reason to get back in. I'm a big fan of their fantasy empire stuff, but at the same time, this stuff is expensive and I wouldn't expect it. I'm also looking for some good shadowrun miniatures, from whatever manufacturer. I just picked up some models for Fragged Empire because their stuff is beautiful (I've got Rachael and Ares), but those models are also quite expensive, especially with shipping. (If you feel like spending heaps of money, I would love any of Isaac, Theodore and Luludja).

If you're feeling generous, i'd love to get in on a late pledge for Human Interface: Be a Better Human (although apparently shipping to Australia is likely to cost another 30 bucks as well, although maybe it'll be cheaper by the time they send it out, and hey, i'd be happy to pay that bit myself if it's only got to get paid when the time to ship rolls around. It does have a march 2018 estimated delivery date, tho, and while i'd definitely still appreciate it, if you wanna get me something that'll actually show up around christnas i completely understand.)

I also quite like other cool model kits. Recently just got into lasercut mdf models, and I'm really loving the shadowrun-looking vehicles from miniatures scenery, as well as the Easy District buildings from Knights of Dice (also loving the look of that floating ramen truck. And hey, they're australian companies so the shipping won't be that much.

I've also recently gotten into Gunpla, which I am loving. I'm a big fan of the ones that don't quite follow the Traditional Gundam Aesthetic, which mostly means I'm getting a lot of the Iron Blooded Orphans sets (although nothing will ever surpass my love for the Grimoire model). I might update this later to say which ones I've got, but you can probably find that in the gunpla thread if you feel like detectiving. I also really, really liked the huge VOTOMS models, but those are also a bit costly (although maybe less so if you go through hobbylinkjapan etc). I kinda like the look of this kit, but that's actually about it for the moment.

I also really, really love artworks. If you would like to make something, I would really, really appreciate it. Other people's creations are amazing. My brother is a ceramicist, and has filled my parents' house with all sorts of lovely bowls and plates and various dishes and vases.

I've started to build my own collection of board games. So far I've got Mysterium, Cosmic Encounter, Pandemic Legacy (which I still haven't opened), Love Letter and Coup G54. If you want to get something along those lines, that could be good.

I'm also a big fan of odd gadgets and stuff.

Comics
    I'm into comics in a pretty big way. I only really buy trades, but they are taking over a bigger and bigger section of my shelf. Comics series I've got currently (I'll put most recent trade I've got after the relevant ones): Superman Birthright, Top 10, Transformers Last Stand of the Wreckers (I've got all the More than Meets the Eye and Robots in disguise ones that were released as part of that pdf bundle a bit ago, Black Widow (noto run), Hawkeye, Ellis's Moon Knight, Ms Marvel (5), MockingBird, Superior Foes of Spiderman, Bitch Planet (2), East of West (6), (probably one of my favourites), Injection (2) (holy shit I absolutely love this one), Kill Six Billion Demons, Lazarus (5), Paper Girls (2), Rat Queens (3), Saga (7), Sex Criminals (3), Trees (2) Velvet (1), The Wicked and the Divine (5), Transmetropolitan (all), plus I've also got the Rice Boy book, and the first book for the webcomic Derelict. I really love just about all of these. I'm generally quite into Image and Marvel book, but, if you've got something that you love, and would like to share it, I would most certainly be willing. I'm also a huge fan of webcomics. I do already also have The Fix, but I really don't like it all that much at all.

If you are looking to get me some comics, I would love the most recent trades of Paper Girls (no 3), Sex Criminals(4), East of West (7), Injection (3). Like, I would be incredibly happy with getting these. Also, if you want to get me books, Book Depository.com has free shipping worldwide which ends up making it cheaper for Australia than amazon.

They don't have to be recent, and I would love to get started on some new series, especially since Chew has come to a close, and I should get something to replace it. If you feel like getting me the first few issues of a completed run that you love, that'd be great. I'm also interested in getting Faction and Aja's Iron Fist at some point, as well as Grayson, and possibly Midnighter.

I also really want to get my hands on the Legion tv series, but it's a tad expensive over here.

Other books
    I've started reading a bit more, although in fits and spurts. I mostly borrow a lot of books from a friend who buys too many books. Mostly scifi and fantasy books, and they tend to lean a little YAish. I've been going through the Sarah J Mass series, which has been a bit of fun, I've also quite enjoyed Illuminae. Was unfortunately disappointed by Everfair, and I would love to see those ideas in a much better book. I've heard some good things about the Three Body Problem, and I was a big fan of Revelation Space. Also I absolutely loved the Ancillary Justice series and would be keen on owning it myself, although I would enjoy owning something similar that I haven't read even more.

I'm also a fan of non-fiction, and my favourite books are King Leopold's Ghost, Dancing in the Glory of Monsters, and the Dictator's handbook. I also quite enjoyed Ron Chernow's Hamilton biography, as well as Lafayette in the Somewhat United States

Music
    I'm hugely into Phoenix, the Protomen, Daft Punk, Fever Ray, Kavinsky, the Knife, Of Montreal, Zhu, Safia, Peking Duk, Run the Jewels and Neil Cicierega. If you know the radio station Triple J. That's generally the sort of music I like. Maybe leaning more towards indie pop. Interesting melodies and such. I have cooled on my obsession with Hamilton, and I've kinda got everything I want from it (barring actually seeing a production of it, but it's apparently eventually coming to australia so eh)

Food
    I'm am super into cooking, and trying things from other places. I've got all the Ottolenghi books, and have recently began getting quite into japanese cooking. Got Ivan Ramen, and book by Kimiko Barber, which is pretty great. I'm interested in getting an entry level cookbook for Mexican cuisine.

But, I'm also willing to try a whole bunch of new things. Like with everything else, if you are passionate about it, that's probably good enough to make me passionate about it as well. (Like seriously, Khoo sent me the ramen cookbook, and it sent me down a huge ramen rabbit hole and basically introduced me to what is now one of my favourite foods.) I'm also pretty patient when it comes to cooking, and am willing to spend a lot of time if I think the result is worth it. I've spent about 2 full days of cooking, just to serve some ramen bowls to my family.

I've also recently fallen out of cooking a bit, and would love something new to throw me back in.

I'm interested in Southern US food as well, so if you know a lot about that and are passionate about that, then hell yes.

If you want to send me food things, be aware of customs, and what is probably a super long travel time, but at the same time, oh hell yes I would absolutely love that.

i do feel bad that sending anything to and from australia is pretty expensive, so it kinda precludes a few of the nicer homemade gifts (especially cooked stuff)

but this is something i look forward to every year, and thankfully i've been in a pretty decent financial situation myself

Lalabox on
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Hello, friend! Thanks for doing what you do.

Aside from the wishlists provided, I always appreciate games! I have the following consoles: Switch, XBox One, PS4, and PC.

Besides games, I like playing music. Guitar and piano books and accessories would be great.

I'd prefer not to receive clothes.

godmode on
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    edited November 2017

Really? Because I kinda feel bad in hindsight for sending you that bear head

Bluedude152 on
    p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options

Nah man, it was good! I was just kind of at a loss about what to do with it!

• Options
    Slacker71Slacker71 subgenius RentonRegistered User regular
    Hail Satan!

The link to my Amazon wish list in in my sig. Home made creative stuff is most welcome.

I am a 46 year old male. T-shirt size is 3XL.

I'll add more later.

• Options
    I haven't looked at my Amazon wishlist in a long time

• Options

You should sign up!

let me put it this way

I'm pretty sure someone was gifted a dragon penis last year

exactly. glad to see you've signed up

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2017
    I feel like I've dropped the ball a bit the last two years, due to personal/family circumstances. In fact I still have one additional present for my satan from 2015 lying around somewhere, which I really need to send along.

So I'm debating whether to sign up this year, or just take some time to properly gift the people from the last two years instead.

tynic on
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Aw yisss

Post reserved

• Options
    Xaquin wrote: »

You should sign up!

let me put it this way

No, it was a Satan's penis. Thematic, you see!

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular

Nah man, it was good! I was just kind of at a loss about what to do with it!

Either way, that thing cost like 40 bucks to ship. I need to figure something else out if I want to do this again without breaking the bank

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Slacker71Slacker71 subgenius RentonRegistered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »

You should sign up!

let me put it this way

It was a demonic penis, and I still signed up this year!

• Options
    haha thanks, I couldn't remember

heh

I checked out the website as I recall and daaaaamn

you all are far more adventurous than I