As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla] The Nightmare Before Christmas- Game Over! Mafia Win! Poor Jack!

• JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Knuckles point about mafia potentially being early voters is actually a decent one. With the pressure to bandwagon for scares, mafia have incentive to try and control the conversation early.

Sorry if that was obvious to everyone, it just clicked for me on a re-read.

• Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    JPants wrote: »
    Knuckles point about mafia potentially being early voters is actually a decent one. With the pressure to bandwagon for scares, mafia have incentive to try and control the conversation early.

which is ironic, because Knuckles was the first to vote today.

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    JPants wrote: »

which is ironic, because Knuckles was the first to vote today.

Actually, you are. Knuckles pointed to two possible targets, but has yet to vote for anybody

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    I'm not convinced that I need to switch off of H3 just yet. His post was the first after results, which means he was watching intently and ready to pounce with an analysis, which is something I've done when I've been mafia.

I missed the vote close by about half an hour, stuck around to update my spreadsheet when the results were posted, then posted my speculation. As mrpaku correctly noted, I have not yet voted today. If what I've done seems to you like mafia behavior, I'll let you in on a little secret about how I play phalla:
    hi24jjzywvnj.gif

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I'm happy leaning with both RU and knuckles likely being village.

I will say that I'm curious about the missing vig kill. Inactive? Roleblock? Or a voluntary abstention? Which isn't the craziest thing to have happen.

Does anybody have an updated player list handy?

• Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    I again call for censure of Romantic Undead's unfounded witch hunt.

That's the whole game though!
    Brody

VayBJ4e.png
    For the record, I followed up on Knuckle's speculation with my LostNinja vote because I'd separately heard LostNinja's name come up as possibly suspicious from a different source, shortly after the vote last night

Two players separately pointing in LostNinja's direction as possible Mafia is much more than the *nothing* I've had to go on the previous two nights, even if both people pointing the finger end up being wrong (possibly moreso, although obviously I understand if LostNinja doesn't feel that way about things)

Vote Total at the Moment-

H3Knuckles -1 (Romantic Undead)
    Raiden -1 (Chamberlain)
    LostNinja- 1 (mrpaku)
    Romantic Undead -1 (Brody)
    JayKaos- 1 (bluecyan)
    Phyphor- 1 (LostNinja)
    Brody- 1 (Virgil Leads You)

Quite the spread, ladies and gentlemen. Anyone else sense trickery afoot?

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Oh are you hearing voices?

That is quite an array.

It even would appear to be a trap, but for whom.

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    What happens with a tie?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    All tied "winners" are killed.

Very much doubt that's going to happen, in a bit we'll see the votes start pouring in.

• JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Well now I don't wanna vote in case being the first person to break the tie is somehow suspicious.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    JayKaos wrote: »
    Well now I don't wanna vote in case being the first person to break the tie is somehow suspicious.

I am busy today, but I don't mind doing that!

Knuckles

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Vote Closes In 2 Hours!

• Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    I voted today! You should def vote! Don't make GG sad!

VayBJ4e.png
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Buh, looking over my voting records again, Lost and Raiden both have perfectly plausible self-preservation justifications for one of the two days. I'm not really feeling any of the current crop, to be honest. I mean, I'm obviously biased towards Brody given how he came out swinging for me. Phyphor's been pretty quiet but he's been like that most of the games I've played with him so I really don't know if that signifies anything. Which leaves JayKaos because...?

I guess I'll just go on the counter-attack and say Romantic Undead for not really contributing much other than accusations and asking people to mount a defense for me? Conversely, kime was being helpful with trying to extrapolate on roles and abilities from the days' results.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    Quick player list:

1. kime
    2. chamberlain
    3. Phyphor
    4. JayKaos
    5. MrTLicious
    6. AustinP0027 Always Bet On Red
    7. Virgil_Leads_You
    8. Sir Fabulous
    9. LostNinja
    10. Brody
    11. JPants
    12. Romantic Undead
    13. CesareB Fashionable Late
    14. Egos Wore The Wrong Mask
    15. H3Knuckles
    16. Preda He Wasn't Good Enough Boy
    17. jdarksun Sugar Rush
    18. KetBra Stuffed
    19. lonelyahava
    20. Spoit Is A Drop In The Bucket
    21. Bluecyan
    22. Auralynx
    23. mrpaku
    24. Raiden333
    25. Cythraul

Yeah I'm not too happy with any of these, I'll go with Romantic Undead cause I've got nothing better.

I'm happy leaning with both RU and knuckles likely being village.

I will say that I'm curious about the missing vig kill. Inactive? Roleblock? Or a voluntary abstention? Which isn't the craziest thing to have happen.

Does anybody have an updated player list handy?

The narration for day 2 said the vig didn't attempt anything, and we had several inactives day 2, either seems more probable than interference by players to me.

camo_sig2-400.png
  • MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Sorry, I just caught up.

Why are we not all bandwagoning someone random and then having everyone seer people in some kind of coordinated fashion?

I thought that method was only useful if you start with it on day one?

It would have been more useful but I don't see why it wouldn't start working now.

Phyphor is the only person left that I think should have suggested something along these lines already.

MrTLicious wrote: »
    It would have been more useful but I don't see why it wouldn't start working now.

There are items that let you become a thrall/miller, wouldn't that go counter to this plan?

Steam profile
    Yes, but it forces mafia to use 2 scares a day to thrall themselves. Every day.

They will run out of scares presumably.

Yes, but it forces mafia to use 2 scares a day to thrall themselves. Every day.

They will run out of scares presumably.

We don't know how they get scares, or if that's the only way to get gifts.

Steam profile
  • BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Phyphor

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Sorry, I just caught up.

Why are we not all bandwagoning someone random and then having everyone seer people in some kind of coordinated fashion?

2 bandwagon days per seer / thrall unless we randomly land on a mafia target seems less than effective to me at least.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Phyphor is the only person left that I think should have suggested something along these lines already.

I've given up suggesting crazy plans like that, they never work anyway

Currently my count says there's a tie between Romantic Undead and Phyphor for 3 votes each. Anyone want to weigh in on which way they think it should go? Only an hour left and the following players have yet to vote AFAIK:

camo_sig2-400.png
    Not that I disagree with my previous position or feel swayed by any of the new ones, but not gonna lie

Joining the winning team and ginning up that third scare, despite however it may read to the peanut gallery afterwards, is getting reeeeaal tempting this evening

• JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Thanks for the tag. I have 10pm PST in my head, not est

MrTs post is exactly he kind I would hate to see as mafia (been on the bad end of that before) so I guess Phyphor

• Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    Phyphor for scares and self-preservation, then.

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
    Dislike this vote on RU.

!phyphor

OK then, Phyphor for the Scare

Steam profile
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Phyphor

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Guys...can we stop jumping on bandwagons I start. It apparently looks suspicious...

• Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Phyphor

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
    retract !LostNinja

vote !Phyphor

"Forget it, Jake... It's Halloweentown."