As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Twilight Imperium 4e - Game 2 - Round 7: Game Over!

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Behold the power of this fully operational galactic council

discrider on
  • LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    Pass Poli 2ndary

@Phyphor just spoke in the Phalla thread! (Politics secondary play?)
    Shaaaame.
    Who would think killing people is more important than.. well killing different people I guess.

And @Ketar I might suggest that you should move any ships you might feel need moving lest we get ourselves into a logistical pickle towards the end of this turn.
    Only jakobagger and us remain with unpassed actions after all.

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Play

@Ketar 's action once Phyphor gets his cards ( @MrBlarney )

• KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Hosting trivia, will get my move in in about 1.5 hours.

We shouldn't have logistical issues, Muaat.

• MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Cards are out now anyways. Game state update after L1z1x action, since it sounds like Ketar's ready to go.

Also, I'm going on vacation starting tomorrow! Out of country for two weeks, but I'll pack all my files with me so I can keep the game running while I'm out.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Have a great trip!

Activate Arnor-Lor. Exhaust 0.0.0, Lazar and Sakulag for 8R total. Build 0.0.1 flagship and 2 fighters, using Sarween Tools.

We will again decline to take a second action.

@jakobagger

edited November 2017
    Round 4: Action Phase Update 3

The Emirates of Hacan: Activate empty system "Cucumber Jump". (TP 2 --> 1)
    Move in 1 War Sun, 1 Destroyer, 1 Carrier, 8 Fighters and 2 Infantry from New Albion-Starpoint.
    Perform transaction with Naalu, gaining their "Trade Agreement" promissory note.
    The Winnu: Pass turn.
    The Naalu Collective: Pass turn.
    Sardakk N'orr: Pass turn.
    The Embers of Muaat: Play the primary ability of the (3) Politics strategy card, claiming the speaker token and drawing 2 Action Cards. (AC 4 --> 6)
    Draw the top two cards of the Agenda deck, returning both of them to the bottom.
    Winnu plays on the secondary (SP 2 --> 1), drawing 2 Action Cards. (AC 4 --> 6)
    The L1z1x Mindnet: Activate the Arnor-Lor system. (TP 2 --> 1)
    Exhaust [0.0.0] (5R), Lazar (1R), Sakulag (2R), +1R from Sarween Tools to build L1z1x Flagship "[0.0.1]" (8R) and 2 Fighters (1R) at Arnor.

Current Map: Round 4, Action Phase Update 3

Current Technologies

Victory Points and Objectives
    The Winnu - 4 VP
    The Naalu Collective - 4 VP
    Sardakk N'orr - 3 VP
    The Emirates of Hacan - 2 VP
    The Embers of Muaat - 2 VP
    The L1z1x Mindnet - 0 VP

Public Objectives
    Lead from the Front (1 VP): Spend a total of 3 tokens from your Tactic and/or Strategy pools.: Naalu, Winnu, N'orr
    Negotiate Trade Routes (1 VP): Spend 5 Trade Goods.: Naalu, Muaat, N'orr, Winnu
    Sway the Council (1 VP): Spend 8 influence.: Hacan
    Diversify Research (1 VP): Own 2 technologies in each of 2 colors.: N'orr, Naalu
    Intimidate Council (1 VP): Have one or more ships in 2 systems that are adjacent to Mecatol Rex's system.
    5 Stage II Objectives have not yet been revealed.

Secret Objectives
    The Embers of Muaat: 2 Secret Objectives in hand.
    The L1z1x Mindnet: 1 Secret Objective in hand.
    The Winnu: 1 Secret Objective in hand.
    The Emirates of Hacan: 3 Secret Objectives in hand.
    The Naalu Collective: Threaten Enemies (Status Phase, 1 VP): Have one or more ships in a system that is adjacent to another player's home system.
    2 Secret Objectives in hand.
    Sardakk N'orr: 2 Secret Objectives in hand.

Special Objectives
    Custodians of Mecatol Rex (1 VP): Claimed by Winnu
    Holy Planet of Ixth (1 VP): Granted to owner of Rarron, currently Hacan
    Hacan's Support of the Throne (1 VP): Promissory note currently held by Muaat
    Imperial Primary Ability (1 VP): Claimed by Winnu

The Embers of Muaat SPEAKER (discrider)
    Commodities: 0 / 4
    Trade Goods: 5
    Action Cards: 6

Tactic Pool: 1
    Fleet Pool: 4
    Strategy Pool: 2

Promissory Notes: L1z1x's Ceasefire, Hacan's Support for the Throne (Trade Agreement, Support for the Throne, Fires of the Gashlai)
    Technology: Plasma Scoring, Sarween Tools, Cruiser II

Worlds:
    R - Muaat (4R, 1I)
    X - Bereg (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)
    X - Dal Bootha (Cultural, 0R, 2I)
    R - Lirta IV (Hazardous, 2R, 3I)
    R - Saudor (Industrial, 2R, 2I)
    X - Tar'mann (Industrial, 1R, 1I, G)
    R - Xxehan (Cultural, 1R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Prototype War Sun (War Sun): As War Sun, but Movement 1.
    - Flagship: The Inferno: Combat Value 5 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. Action: Spend 1 token from your Strategy pool to place 1 Cruiser in this unit's system.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Fires of the Gashlai: Action: Remove 1 token from the Muaat player's Fleet pool and return it to his reinforcements. Then, gain your War Sun upgrade technology card. Then, return this card to the Muaat player.
    - Racial Technology: Magmus Reactor (Red, requires 2 Red): Your ships may move into supernovas. After 1 or more of your units use Production in a system that either contains a War Sun or is adjacent to a supernova, gain 1 Trade Good.
    - Racial Technology: Prototype War Sun II (unit upgrade, requires 3 Red and 1 Yellow): As War Sun, but Cost 10, Movement 3.
    - Star Forge: Action: Spend 1 token from your Strategy pool to place either 2 Fighters or 1 Destroyer from your reinforcements in a system that contains 1 or more of your War Suns.
    - Gashlai Physiology: Your ships can move through Supernovas.

The L1z1x Mindnet(Ketar)
    Commodities: 0 / 2
    Trade Goods: 8

Fleet Pool: 3
    Strategy Pool: 1

Promissory Notes: Muaat's Ceasefire, Muaat's Political Secret (Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Cybernetic Enhancements)
    Technology: Neural Motivator, Plasma Scoring, Sarween Tools, Inheritance Systems, Fleet Logistics, Cruiser II

Worlds:
    X - [0.0.0] (5R, 0I)
    X - Arnor (Industrial, 2R, 1I)
    X - Lazar (Industrial, 1R, 0I, Y)
    X - Lor (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    X - Sakulag (Hazardous, 2R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Super-Dreadnought (Dreadnought): As Dreadnought, but Carry Capacity 2.
    - Flagship: [0.0.1]: Combat Value 5 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 5. Sustain Damage. During a Space Combat, hist produced by this ship and by your Dreadnoughts in this system must be assigned to non-Fighter ships if able.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Cybernetic Enhancements: At the start of your turn: Remove 1 token from the L1x1x player's Strategy pool and return it to his reinforcements. Then, place 1 command token from your reinforcements in your Strategy pool. Then, return this card to the L1z1x player.
    - Racial Tehcnology: Inheritance Systems (Yellow, requires 2 Yellow): You may exhaust this card and spend 2 resources when you research a technology; ignore all of that technology's prerequisites.
    - Racial Technology: Super-Dreadnought II (unit upgrade, requires 2 Blue and 1 Yellow): As Dreadnought, but Combat Value 4, Movement 2, Carry Capacity 2. Sustain Damage, Bombardment 4. This unit cannot be destroyed by "Direct Hit" Action Cards.
    - Assimilate: When you gain control of a planet, replace each PDS and Space Dock that is on that planet with a matching unit from your reinforcements.
    - Harrow: After each round of Ground Combat, your ships in the active system may use their Bombardment abilities against your opponent's ground forces on the planet.

The Winnu (Phyphor)
    Commodities: 0 / 3
    Trade Goods: 4

Fleet Pool: 5

Promissory Notes: Hacan's Ceasefire, (Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Acquiescence)
    Technology: Sarween Tools, Hegemonic Trade Policy, Plasma Scoring

Worlds:
    R - Winnu (3R, 4I)
    R - Mecatol Rex (1R, 6I)
    X - Abyz (Hazardous, 3R, 0I)
    R - Arinam (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    X - Fria (Hazardous, 2R, 0I)
    R - Meer (Hazardous, 0R, 4I, R, Research Team: Warfare)
    X - Wellon (Industrial, 1R, 2I, Y)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Salai Sai Corian: Combat Value 7 (x?), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. When this unit makes a combat roll, it rolls a number of dice equal to the number of your opponent's non-Fighter ships in this system.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Acquiescence: At the end of the Strategy Phase: Exchange 1 of your Strategy Cards with a Strategy Card that was chosen by the Winnu player. Then, return this card to the Winnu player.
    - Racial Technology: Lazax Gate Folding (Blue, requires 2 Blue): During your Tactical Actions, if you do not control Mecatol Rex, treat its system as if it contains both an Alpha and Beta wormhole. Action: If you control Mecatol Rex, exhaust this card to place 1 Infantry from your reinforcements on Mecatol Rex.
    - Racial Technology: Hegemonic Trade Policy (Yellow, requires 2 Yellow): Exhaust this card when 1 or more of your units use Production; swap the resource and influence value of 1 planet you control until the end of your turn.
    - Blood Ties: You do not have to spend influence to remove the Custodians token from Mecatol Rex.
    - Reclamation: After you resolve a Tactical Action during which you gained control of Mecatol Rex, you may place 1 PDS and 1 Space Dock from your reinforcements on Mecatol Rex.

The Emirates of Hacan (jakobagger)
    Commodities: 0 / 6
    Trade Goods: 7
    Action Cards: 5

Fleet Pool: 3

Promissory Notes: Winnu's Ceasefire, N'orr's Tekklar Legion, Naalu's Trade Agreement (Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Trade Convoys)
    Technology: Antimass Deflectors, Sarween Tools, Neural Motivator, Dacxive Animators, War Sun

Worlds:
    R - Arretze (2R, 0I)
    R - Hercant (1R, 1I)
    X - Kamdorn (0R, 1I)
    X - Centauri (Cultural, 1R, 3I)
    X - Coorneeq (Cultural, 1R, 2I)
    R - Gral (Industrial, 1R, 1I, B)
    R - Quann (Cultural, 2R, 1I)
    R - Qucen'n (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    X - Rarron (Cultural, 0R, 3I, Holy Planet, Demilitarized)
    R - Resculon (Cultural, 2R, 0I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Wrath of Kenara: Combat Value 7 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. After you roll a die during a Space Combat in this system, you may spend 1 Trade Good to apply +1 to the result.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Trade Convoys: Action: Place this card faceup in your play area. While this card is in your play area, you may negotiate transactions with players who are not your neighbor. If you activate a system that contains 1 or more of the Hacan player's units, return this card to the Hacan player.
    - Racial Technology: Production Biomes (Green, requires 2 Green): Action: Exhaust this card and spend 1 token from your Strategy pool to gain 4 Trade Goods and choose 1 other player; that player gains 2 Trade Goods.
    - Racial Technology: Quantum Datahub Node (Yellow, requires 3 Yellow): At the end of the Strategy Phase, you may spend 1 token from your Strategy pool and give another player 3 of your Trade Goods. If you do, give 1 of your Strategy cards to that player and take 1 of his Strategy cards.
    - Masters of Trade: You do not have to spend a Command token to resolve the secondary ability of the Trade Strategy card.
    - Guild Ships: You can negotiate transactions with players who are not your neighbor.
    - Arbiters: When negotiating a transaction, Action Cards can be exchanged as part of that transaction.

The Naalu Collective (Lykouragh)
    Commodities: 0 / 3
    Trade Goods: 7
    Action Cards: 4

Promissory Notes: (Ceasefire, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Gift of Prescience)
    Technology: Neural Motivator, Dacxive Animators, Sarween Tools, Antimass Deflectors, Gravity Drive

Worlds:
    R - Maaluuk (0R, 2I)
    X - Druaa (3R, 1I)
    R - Mehar Xull (Hazardous, 1R, 3I, R)
    R - New Albion (Industrial, 1R, 1I, G)
    X - Starpoint (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)
    R - Vefut II (Hazardous, 2R, 0I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Hybrid Crystal Fighter (Fighter): As Fighter, but Combat Value 8.
    - Flagship: Matriarch: Combat Value 9 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 6. Sustain Damage. During an invasion in this system, you may commit Fighters to planets as if they were ground forces. After combat, return those units to the space area.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Gift of Prescience: At the end of the Strategy Phase: place this card face up in your play area and place the Naalu "0" token on your Strategy Card; you are first in initiative order. The Naalu player cannot use his "Telepathic" faction ability during this game round. Return this card to the Naalu player at the end of the Status Phase.
    - Racial Technology: Hybrid Crystal Fighter II (unit upgrade, requires 1 Green and 1 Blue): As Fighter, but Combat Value 7, Movement 2. Does not need to be Carried; each Fighter in excess of your ships' Capacity counts as 1/2 of a ship against your Fleet pool.
    - Racial Technology: Hybrid Crystal Fighter II (unit upgrade, requires 1 Green and 1 Blue): As Fighter, but Combat Value 7, Movement 2. Does not need to be Carried; each Fighter in excess of your ships' Capacity counts as 1/2 of a ship against your Fleet pool.
    - Racial Technology: Neuroglaive (Green, requires 3 Green): After another player activates a system that contains 1 or more of your ships, that player removes 1 token from his Fleet pool and returns it to his reinforcements.
    - Telepathic: At the end of the Strategy Phase, place the Naalu "0" token on the Strategy Card; you are first in initiative order.
    - Foresight: After another player moves ships into a system that contains 1 or more of your ships, you may place 1 token from your Strategy pool in an adjacent system that does not contain another player's ships; move your ships from the active system into that system.

Sardakk N'orr (MrBody)
    Commodities: 1 / 3
    Trade Goods: 4
    Action Cards: 4

Tactic Pool: 0

Promissory Notes: (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne)
    Technology: Sarween Tools, Graviton Laser System, Antimass Deflectors, Gravity Drive

Worlds:
    X - Tren'lak (1R, 0I)
    X - Quinarra (3R, 1I)
    R - Lodor (Cultural, 3R, 1I)
    X - Mellon (Cultural, 0R, 2I)
    R - Tequ'ran (Hazardous, 2R, 0I)
    X - Thibah (Industrial, 1R, 1I, B)
    X - Torkan (Cultural, 0R, 3I)
    X - Zohbat (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Exotrireme (Dreadnought): As Dreadought, but Bombardment 4 (x2).
    - Flagship: C'morran N'orr: Combat Value 6 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. Apply +1 to the result of each of your other ships' combat rolls in this system.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Tekklar Legion: At the start of an Invasion Combat: Apply +1 to the result of each of your units' combat rolls during this combat. If your opponent is the N'orr player, apply -1 to the result of each of his unit's combat rolls during this combat. Then, return this card to the N'orr player.
    - Racial Technology: Valkyrie Particle Weave (Red, requires 2 Red): After making combat rolls during a round of Ground Combat, if your opponent produced 1 or more hits, you produce 1 additional hit.
    - Racial Technology: Exotrireme II (unit upgrade, requires 2 Blue and 1 Yellow): As Dreadnought, but Movement 2, Bombardment 4 (x2). This unit cannot be destroyed by "Direct Hit" action cards. After a round of Space Combat, you may destroy this unit to destroy up to 2 ships in this system.
    - Unrelenting: Apply +1 to the result of each of your units' combat rolls.

Neutral Worlds and Laws
    Research Team: Warfare: Attached to Meer. When the owner of this planet researches technology, he may exhaust this card to ignore 1 red prerequisite.
    Holy Planet of Ixth: Attached to Rarron. Control of this planet confers 1 victory point (and is lost upon loss of control). Units on this planet cannot use Production.
    Demilitarized Zone: Attached to Rarron. Players' units cannot land, be produced, or be placed on this planet.

Order of Play
    The Winnu: (0) Imperial PASSED
    The Naalu Collective: (1) Leadership PASSED
    Sardakk N'orr: (2) Diplomacy PASSED
    The Embers of Muaat: (3) Politics
    The L1z1x Mindnet: (5) Trade
    The Emirates of Hacan: (7) Technology Current Player

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Technology time!

Gain my Racial Tech: Production Biomes (Green, requires 2 Green): Action: Exhaust this card and spend 1 token from your Strategy pool to gain 4 Trade Goods and choose 1 other player; that player gains 2 Trade Goods for free.

Then, exhaust: Quann (2R), Resculon (2R), Gral (1R) and Hercant (1R) for 6 total to research Hyper Metabolism

Secondaries? @discrider @Lykouragh @Ketar @MrBody @Phyphor

jakobagger on
    edited November 2017
    Exhaust Muuat.
    Get the ha-ha-you-don't-have-a-red-tech-spec-planet-neener-neener red tech.
    1/4/1 T/F/S

discrider on
    Spend 4 TG and research Gravity Drive.

1/3/0

edited November 2017
    We have been feeling left out of the big ship party.
    Exhaust meer + card for tech. Exhaust Homeworld + TG to pay. Gain war suns

1/5/0

Phyphor on
  • MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Meer + card?

MrBody on
    MrBody wrote: »
    Meer + card?

Meer has a red tech skippy deal, and then had a second red tech skippy deal attached to it via that law a while back.

edited November 2017
    Play. Spend SA and exhaust remaining planets to research racial dreadnought upgrade

0/4/0

MrBody on
    Tap Vefut, pay 2 TG, pay 1 strat counter for Hybrid Crystal Fighter 2. T/F/S->1/4/0

(Hybrid Crystal Fighter II (unit upgrade, requires 1 Green and 1 Blue): As Fighter, but Combat Value 7, Movement 2. Does not need to be Carried; each Fighter in excess of your ships' Capacity counts as 1/2 of a ship against your Fleet pool.)

Play Ghost Ship
    AC 6->5
    There is a destroyer at empty warp point alpha.
    Sabotages?

@Ketar for next play and to surrender to being obviously surrounded.
    @Mrbody @Phyphor @jakobagger @Lykouragh for sabs.

It's all yours

no sabo

That's...interesting...but no sabotage.

It seems highly unlikely that the Hacan or N'orr will sabotage, so we'll begin our turn.

Activate Abyz-Fria. Move in carrier from Lazar-Sakulag using Gravity Drive. The carrier brings both infantry from the Lazar system. Move in 2 cruisers from L1z1x home system with 1 fighter and 1 infantry.

@Phyphor for any response[/color]

Obvious. No response

This unprovoked aggression of course cancels any pending agreements between us

@MrBlarney please begin combat at your leisure. I have Cruiser II tech affecting the cruiser rolls.

Phyphor wrote: »

We are shocked. Shocked.

Ketar wrote: »

We are shocked. Shocked.

As are we

Not really. We agreed to the deal on the assumption that you would invade

We are shocked. Shocked.

As are we

If we had intended to invade at that point, we would have asked for cash. Or used Plague on your homeworld. Those probably would have made a little sense.

edited November 2017
    Clearly, who could have foreseen fleet movements in that general direction?

discrider on
    You can't use plague on a homeworld I think...

Yes, you can.

Choose 1 planet that is controlled by another player. Roll 1 die for each infantry on that planet. For each result of 6 or greater, destroy 1 of those units.

That's the actual text for Plague.

Yeah... My bad

We are shocked. Shocked.

As are we

If we had intended to invade at that point, we would have asked for cash. Or used Plague on your homeworld. Those probably would have made a little sense.

I assumed you would invade abyz at some point during this round. That was the entire reason I used my naalu note, I wanted to both Imperial and use up those planets before the invasion

edited November 2017
    no sabotage to block the creation of one destroyer :P

That's kind of an odd play though. Muaat has no access to the alpha wormholes. It's just blocking aggression against either your neighbor L1z1x or the current and future VP leader Winnu.

Unless this was a really important stalling play for this round? Everyone has already passed though. If it's for the wormhole secret objective it's odd timing when you're 2-3 whole rounds away from reaching the other alpha wormhole.

MrBody on
  • jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    No sabotage on the ghost ship, as predicted.

Combat resolution delayed for about eight hours due to me being tired and needing sleep.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Pfft. International travel as an excuse, gosh :P

Where are you vacationing, if you don't mind sharing?