As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Assassin's Creed

• Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I can't find this shield toggle option

L1, I think.

Man, fuck those skull guys. One of them set himself on fire in his haste to get at me, which you'd think would result in an edge, or just being able to outpace him until the fire did all the things fire ought to do to a standing body. Not so.

As far as I know, he's still out there in the desert, draped in flame, so, if you get an opportunity to avenge Linespider5, expect a beating from a man on fire.

• Options
    I'm An Elk; Shoot MeI'm An Elk; Shoot Me It's Fiddler Crab Season! Registered User regular
    I have found no reason to ever stop using the Fang. I just keep upgrading it. If the opponent is at my level or lower, it basically means I win.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I mean I know how to raise the shield but I have to hold the button, someone was saying they found an option to just toggle it, and I can't find that

• Options
    FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    That was the standard option for me, unless I clicked something by accident. I was running around holding L1 for no reason until I realized it.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I mean I know how to raise the shield but I have to hold the button, someone was saying they found an option to just toggle it, and I can't find that

Yeah, that was me

I thought I found it playing around in the menus, but I'm not sure what I did

If you hold L1 for a while, the shield will stay raised

• Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular

Instead of holding L1, just tap L1 to toggle the shield.

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    The option's in the gameplay section of the menu, I'm pretty sure.

Also, my experiment in 'how far away can I send Senu was concluded before hard results were achieved, but I can confirm that you can at least send her from the Lighthouse of Alexandria to the pyramids without issue, so there may be no limit until you reach the actual edge of the map. Which is pretty cool.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    New patch added HDR support, brightness levels went through the roof for me. Feels like the framerate took a bit of a hit but not too bad, haven't gotten into a fight yet though.

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    I found it in the Controls menu on PC, it's a specific option like crouching, not tied to an optional scheme.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Hey there's a great big patch today

It's huge and fixes a ton of things

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1778695-Assassin-s-Creed-Origins-1-03-Patch-Notes-PC-PS4

• Options
    SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    The patch notes do contain spoilers but on the above link they are in spoiler tags.

Just in case you see the notes somewhere that doesn't use spoiler tags.

SharpyVII on
  • Options
    I just killed The Hyena

The relationship between Bayek and Aya is well done all around

• Options
    Spoilers for meeting Cleopatra
    I liked how Bayek is like, was that the Snake?
    Did I get him? Did I get the Snake?
    And they're like dog the whole thing is the Snake,
    did you think y'all could kill 4 dudes and call it a day

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    They say that Phylakeri gets you nowhere, but I just killed my first one and got a real nice sword.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    The Sphinx looks really fucking weird with their nose, wow

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    The Sphinx looks really fucking weird with their nose, wow

Don't sphinx-shame

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Turns out you can sneak into tents by ducking under the flaps

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    So you know that they just discovered that there's another chamber in the Great Pyramid?

Ubisoft had already put it in there, as someone had a theory that there was one there.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Is it full of frenzied flesh eating beetles like in real life

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »

That wasn't a pyramid

• Options
    Wow, Phylakes are tough enemies

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    edited November 2017

Have you tried smoke bombs? I found the first one tough until I started knocking him on his arse repeatedly

Hermano on

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »

Ubisoft actually went and dug the new chamber out, that's why scientists only just discovered it.

That's also why Origins took 2 years to come out rather than the usual 1 year release schedule. It took them at least a few weekends to dig the new chamber out of the Great Pyramid.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    Spoilers for meeting Cleopatra
    I liked how Bayek is like, was that the Snake?
    Did I get him? Did I get the Snake?
    And they're like dog the whole thing is the Snake,
    did you think y'all could kill 4 dudes and call it a day
    In Bayek's defense, he and Aya are just winging it

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Is...anyone else having a thing where the music randomly swells incredibly loudly and you can't hear anything else? it super drowned out one conversation

• Options
    Hermano wrote: »

Have you tried smoke bombs? I found the first one tough until I started knocking him on his arse repeatedly

Yeah, I got the first one done

But the next two are basically impossible at level 28

I've been going with warrior and hunter, I haven't put too many points into see, so I don't have smoke bombs

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Hobnail wrote: »

That wasn't a pyramid

You're not a pyramid

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    FYI there is some pretty rad stuff in the first Lizard quest, I think this is definitely the AC where the team have gone all in on weird shit.
    Hermano wrote: »

Yeah, I got the first one done

But the next two are basically impossible at level 28

I've been going with warrior and hunter, I haven't put too many points into see, so I don't have smoke bombs

I've found them a bit easier if I basically go jousting with a nice spear or mace, it's safer at least, especially if you can get them on their own

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Three Phylakes down, just hit lvl 30. They're a neat, hyper-concentrated take on the Templar Knights from AC1.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    I used to be all for the post game stuff in AssCreed but I think i've just grown out of it.

I got the star circles completed and i'm just kinda done. I don't wanna get to 40 and finish off the phylakes or the other end game stuff. I gave it a whirl and actually found it incredibly frustrating.

I got my moneys worth out of the game and I still enjoy the series as a whole and this was a decent game.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    I did four star circles and then I just stopped finding any? I don't think I've found any since hitting Giza.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Question about something that may or may not be a spoiler maybe?
    I found the secret room under the Spink (yes, Spink. There's not two of them is there? Two Sphinx, one Spink), and it looks like the traditional 'find all the keys to get the super armor/weapon' room.
    It's not totally clear, but it's to do with the stone circle/constellation things, right?
    It's got to be either that or the Papyrus things (I'm still not sure what the point of them is).

Anyway, do I have to clear that to reach the question mark further under it? I've looked everywhere I can, and can't find a way down to it, so it just sits there and taunts my OCD.

Had my first definite desert hallucination. Some indistinct whispering, a bush on fire, then not on fire, then not there at all, then I was attacked by a pack of hyenas (that lass part probably wasn't part of the hallucination).

klemming on
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Re that thing
    Yes, it's tied to the circles, I've not unlocked it yet but good odds it's a costume or armour of some sort given the series track record on such things.

I think the papyrus things are just nice bonus loot with a better chance at being Gold

Snicketysnick on
    7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    So Phylakes.

Any ideas how to get them to reappear?

There were a few scattered around my map, and now that I'm of a level to fight the first couple all the icons are gone?

I tried angering a base and letting them light the bonfire and just murdering dudes endlessly and no luck.

What gives?

• Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    So Phylakes.

Any ideas how to get them to reappear?

There were a few scattered around my map, and now that I'm of a level to fight the first couple all the icons are gone?

I tried angering a base and letting them light the bonfire and just murdering dudes endlessly and no luck.

What gives?

Each one is specific to a region. For example, the first one is in, and only in, Alexandria. Not sure why you can't see their icons, they are one of the few you can see without even visiting a region first. Did you kill one and forget to confirm the kill? Could be a bug, try quitting the game and go back in. I don't know if there are time of day restrictions, but all mine so far have been fought during the day.

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options
    I've pretty much settled on a sword and a spear in my melee slots
    I just never do heavy weapons in these games and it seems like in this one especially, anything with a long wind up is an invitation to get wrecked by a dozen mooks

• Options
    Giggles_FunsworthGiggles_Funsworth Blight on Discourse Bay Area SprawlRegistered User regular
    Why am I playing Dark Souls what happened to this game?

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Is this a good ac game again finally?

I haven't even really played one since 4.