As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Chimera's Midweek Movie Monster Mash! [b-movies from 80's and 90's]

ChimeraChimera Monster girl with a snek tail and five eyesBad puns, that's how eye roll. Registered User regular
sp0aqfqdcpio.png

Do you love the cheese that was the 1980's and early 90's? Are you a believe that some movies can be so bad they are good or that not all movies need an large budget and b-movies can be a masterpiece? Do you yern for the days of big hair, cinematic music videos, metal that evokes visions of airbrushed wizards on unicorns painted on the sides of a van? Remember bag phones? Ever wish you too could torture your self in the same way RedLetterMedia does with the best of the worst VHS tapes out there? Well then fear not as Chimera has got the cure for what ales you!

STARTING TONIGHT AT 9PM CENTRAL US and continuing every Wednesday until the crack of dawn I will be streaming movies, tv specials, music videos, and only the most nostalgic of commercials from the 1980's and early 90's online via rabb.it.

Come join your friends from DnD and meet some new ones from the wasteland that is SE++ every Wednesday and be sure to bring plenty of popcorn.

https://www.rabb.it/ChiTheMonster

* Please keep movie and TV show suggestions to ones from the 70s-early 90s and make sure they are schlocky and/or considered b-movies. Almost any and all recommendations and ideas will be ignored and considered stupid unless used and then will be sold as an original idea by Chimera without any outside assistance. Chimera Inc. is not responsible for any adverse side effects of viewing its programming or consumption of puns in the chat. If your erection last longer than 4 hours seek your closest bro for a high five. Call a doctor if you have any of the following symptoms; boredom, bad taste left over in mouth post movie, random loss of consciousness, questioning the meaning of life, trust in your fellow humans growing. By agreeing to tune in you forfeit any and all rights to challenge Chimera in a court of law without first undergoing arbitration where the sole benefactor will be Chimera and you get nothing, good day sir.

• ChimeraChimera Monster girl with a snek tail and five eyes Bad puns, that's how eye roll. Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Chimera on
  • ChimeraChimera Monster girl with a snek tail and five eyes Bad puns, that's how eye roll. Registered User regular
    First movie of the night on deck, get ready for TERRORVISION after a word from our sponsors.

ygz2har12q34.jpg

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Looks like a low-rent Videodrome from the cover!

Which I am super down for.

It may be the pinnacle of 80's cheese! <3

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Chimera wrote: »

It's so 80s that i don't believe it was made in the 80s.

it's, like, Kung Fury levels of 80s.

It's so 80s that i don't believe it was made in the 80s.

it's, like, Kung Fury levels of 80s.

lol it is a masterpiece! It came out in 1986.

edited November 2017
    On to the next movie, some know it as Kung Fu Cannibals but Red Letter Media fans know it better as.....

v7hu5qjihef7.jpg

Chimera on
    Thanks, Chi for making this happen.

Thanks, Chi for making this happen.

I'm glad people want to watch!

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    You're doing Rock & Rule?

Fucking A fuck yes I fucking love that fucking movie

I've watched it so many times I can quote the whole thing

@cptrugged loves that movie too.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
    Feral wrote: »

@cptrugged loves that movie too.

Haha yeah and that's just on the first official night! Only the best for you all. <3

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Since you're showing the music video for Take on Me, maybe next week you should do Altered States.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
    edited November 2017
    We are 2/3 of the way through Raw Force so lets look at what all is in this movie....

-Hitler
    -Cannibal monks
    -Hippie 80's generic thugs
    -Deniem mexican biker nazi with heart undies
    -all the tits ever
    -bondage
    -king fu
    -bazooka
    -cameron mitchel
    -zombie samurai
    -guns
    -sword fights
    -discount bruce lee
    -explosions

Yep this has everything ever.

EDIT: Also has piranha.

Chimera on
    34s3sztnpdhw.png

Raw Force is done with but do not fear, Cameron Mitchel will be back at least once per night in future nights!

edited November 2017
    Made it past Raw Force/Kung Fu Cannibals and now after a quick trip through The Danger Zone we will arrive at the crypt so get ready boys and ghouls for a spooky tale from the keeper!

Up next: Tales From The Crypt, Only Skin Deep!

tbryjd7queie.png

Chimera on
    edited November 2017
    Lets keep things rolling on! Up next a brief short after we see how much need our MTV.

ngtq6s3c3n63.jpg

Chimera on
    Well that certainly was depressing.... bring on the horny cyborgs that can only get off BY KILLING!

14uasmzdwf9v.jpg

@simonwolf PM me your favorite Ozplotation movies from the 80's and I will see some get into the show on Wednesdays.

Never forget the SPACE SHUTTLE SEX MURDERS.

• evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    The only way it could have been better is if Cameron Mitchell was in this just to deliver the space shuttle sex murders line.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

evilbob wrote: »
    The only way it could have been better is if Cameron Mitchell was in this just to deliver the space shuttle sex murders line.

Oh god, that is the stuff of legend right there.

edited November 2017
    Mutant cyborgs defeated we saunter on victoriously to our next film, a selected short from Amazonian Women On the Moon but first we need to stare down the eye of a tiger.

4i60t48zg7sl.jpg

Chimera on
  • DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    Why am I working during this? Why must the pursuit of money always interfere?

We ran the background on Amazon Women On The Moon and we were compatible so we are moving on to our next feature and this title ROCKS!

6uvtrzh0dj9o.jpg

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    I thought anime was banned

• chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    I was going to get some sleep, but I saw this thread so I figured I'd check out what it was all about. I'm super sad to have missed the start of this.

As for recommendations, do you accept parodies of B-movies? Because everybody has to experience Attack of the Killer Tomatoes at least once.

-edit- Also I'm impressed that site doesn't support Edge, but does support Opera.

chrisnl on
    steam_sig.png
    Docshifty wrote: »
    Why am I working during this? Why must the pursuit of money always interfere?

You could always like, quit! :P

simonwolf wrote: »
    I thought anime was banned

Canadians don't know what anime is!

chrisnl wrote: »
    I was going to get some sleep, but I saw this thread so I figured I'd check out what it was all about. I'm super sad to have missed the start of this.

As for recommendations, do you accept parodies of B-movies? Because everybody has to experience Attack of the Killer Tomatoes at least once.

-edit- Also I'm impressed that site doesn't support Edge, but does support Opera.

Well now that is a timeless classic but is two years too old! We have already had a parody horror on in the form of TerrorVision! If you got any suggestions from the 80's and first half of the 90's I'd love to hear them!

• MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    So this one is on my list of movies to watch, but I'd thought I'd throw it in here.

The Creature Wasn't Nice (1983)

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
    Mortious wrote: »
    So this one is on my list of movies to watch, but I'd thought I'd throw it in here.

The Creature Wasn't Nice (1983)

Ooooo that looks absolutely dreadful, I LOVE IT! <3

• JimmyDoorJimmyDoor student USA MontanaRegistered User new member
    I recently thought about it. And I decided that it's really like you wrote. It doesn't require much money, but movies were other.

• GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Tinkles detected banned alias
    Reason: Rusya27

Obsolete technology serves no purpose here.
    JimmyDoor

DON'T MISS NEXT WEEK'S STREAM! Here's the line up for the show, should be a fun night and slightly longer than this weeks was! Already have the line up set with even more commercials from the 80's between movies, an extra music video, and the same ol' 80's schlock and camp you know and hate love.

Party starts at 8pm central US time.

https://www.rabb.it/ChiTheMonster

mdz3fdj1g812.png

• cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular

`cptrugged loves that movie too.

YESSSS!

God damnit. The folly of my not checking the forums after work has cost me this time.

Shame this is at the same time as my online D&D game on Wednesdays :(

I love this sort of thing. It's like Movie Macabre with Elvira!

This is pretty rad Chimera.

edited November 2017
    cptrugged wrote: »

`cptrugged loves that movie too.

YESSSS!

God damnit. The folly of my not checking the forums after work has cost me this time.

Shame this is at the same time as my online D&D game on Wednesdays :(

I love this sort of thing. It's like Movie Macabre with Elvira!

This is pretty rad Chimera.

Thanks!

Well don't worry! Some movies that are on late will get recycled again in an earlier time slot in future shows and vice versa. I would host it on the weekend but Saturday I'm often not home and other's on here have a movie thing going on Friday and didn't want to step on their toes. The stream will normally run from 8pm to around 3am and you're welcome to come and go as you please and need! <3

Just know if you do leave you are required to bring popcorn back with you when you return.

Chimera on
  • chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    chrisnl wrote: »

Well now that is a timeless classic but is two years too old! We have already had a parody horror on in the form of TerrorVision! If you got any suggestions from the 80's and first half of the 90's I'd love to hear them!

Well there are always the not quite as classic sequels, Return of the Killer Tomatoes! (1988), Killer Tomatoes Strike Back! (1990) and Killer Tomatoes Eat France! (1991). Return of the Killer Tomatoes! even features George Clooney in one of his earliest roles.

Another suggestion would be something from Troma like Class of Nuke 'Em High (1986) or Surf Nazis Must Die (1987).

steam_sig.png
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I love House II. Watching it before the first movie was very weird.

Some Troma movies would definitely fit in here perfectly.

uyvfOQy.png
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Oh wow. I remember seeing Terrorvision in the early 1990s on late night TV. Probably TBS? I had completely forgotten what it was called, but thanks to this thread I now know again!

• doomybeardoomybear Hi People Registered User regular
    I saw Dead Heat on TV once, and it was fun!

If you're looking for more material, BirthMoviesDeath is a pop movie site that has some features that go over older, less well-known or less critically acclaimed movies, and a bunch of them are from the 80s - The Savage Stack and Everybody's into Weirdness articles by Jacob Knight. On these lists, Rolling Vengeance and Hard Ticket to Hawaii look promising.

Shaw Brothers' kung fu films are fun, too, but most of their catalog is pre-80s. Still, you've got Masked Avengers for more kung-fu cannibals, and Five Elements Ninjas is fun.

I have no idea how you'd stream them, though, other than buying them off of Amazon or something.

what a happy day it is