As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Inaugural Unplugged Room Shares - READ THE OP BEFORE POSTING!

zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
Post here if you are looking to share your room, or looking for a room to share. Please keep your posts up to date!

YOU MAY NOT POST HERE TO TRADE ROOM SPACE FOR BADGES.

You get ONE post in this thread per UNIQUE room share situation. Do not re-post your offer/request. Re-posts will be deleted if not pre-approved by moderation staff.

If you need to modify your post and cannot edit it yourself (accounts below a certain participation threshold), PM me and I will make the edit for you. Not having permission to edit is not a valid excuse for re-posting.

If you *really* think you have a good reason to post for a second time, PM me first.

This is not a discussion thread; ONLY POSTS IN THE DESCRIBED FORMATS BELOW WILL BE ALLOWED.

If you have a room and want to fill space, use this format:

----

HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel:
Total Cost:
Date Arriving:
Date Leaving:
Number of Spots Available:
My Gender
Your Gender:
Best Contact Method:

Additional Notes/Requests:

----

If you are looking for a place to sleep, use this format:

NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving:
Date Leaving:
Spots Needed:
My Gender:
Your Gender:
Best Contact Method:

Additional Notes:

----

I will occasionally cull posts from the thread that have been struck out or marked as no longer valid. I will try to do this as necessary, but there will not be a hard schedule for this purpose. This will mean that there should not be a wall of inactive posts to sift through in order to find active ones. Also it means that if someone had a post that was culled from early on, they can freely re-post it later if things went south. If you abuse this, your ability to post in this thread will be revoked entirely.

• Options
    iltailta Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel: Home2 Suites by Hilton Philadelphia City Center (next to the convention hall)
    Total Cost: $1200
    Date Arriving: Thursday
    Date Leaving: Monday
    Number of Spots Available: 1-2 left to fill up a quad suite
    My Gender: male
    Your Gender: don't care
    Best Contact Method: email isaiaht@gmail.com with subject including "pax unplugged hotel"

Additional Notes/Requests: I'm a longtime PAX East-goer, and super excited for the very first PAX Unplugged! I love board games a lot, but if you're here you probably do, too. :) I'm 33 and don't smoke and don't generally party, but if you do that's cool so long as you are able to be not insane in the room. Since this is the first PAXU I'm not yet sure how things are going to work out with timing, but assuming there are pre-PAX activities like at East, I've booked Thursday as well, for now. Happy to get more people in to bring down the cost; the rooms look pretty big and include a sofa. Plus there's a kitchen!

EDIT 11/3/17: we are up to four total, which means we have a bed spot for one more, and another floor spot as well.

ilta on
  • Options
    ossipagoossipago Registered User regular
    NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving: Thursday evening or Friday morning
    Date Leaving: Sunday
    Spots Needed: 1
    My Gender: Male
    Your Gender: Any
    Best Contact Method: PM

Additional Notes: Will be coming up from DC area and looking to split hotel costs. Prefer to share with one other person and have my own bed.

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    NEED SPACE

Date Arriving: Wednesday or Thursday, probably before noon if I can arrange it.
    Date Leaving: Monday
    Your Gender: I am comfortable being unconscious in the same room as people of any gender.

Additional notes: Been a PAX West and South regular, done room shares in the past most recently with Godmode, Tonkka and Grey Ghost on these very forums, who can vouch that I'm not completely disgusting. Non-smoker, not much of an after hours party guy, mostly just looking for a place to park my body at night and catch a shower in the morning. I don't mind sharing a bed, but a solo bed or couch would be ideal because I am big and have pointy elbows. I prefer to get into town early enough to have a full day to do tourist stuff, but I'm mostly timing this to match whenever a room is available.

Edit: Room found, thanks!

Desert Leviathan on
    Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    AwesomeSlothDadAwesomeSlothDad Registered User new member
    edited October 2017
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE

Hotel: Sleep Inn Center City (1020 Cherry St)
    Total Cost: $500
    Date Arriving: Friday, 11/17/17
    Date Leaving: Sunday 11/19/17
    Number of Spots Available: 1 (more if you don’t mind crashing on the floor)
    Your Gender: Not an issue
    Best Contact Method:

Additional notes: the room is for a single queen bed, because I booked the room before thinking about sharing costs. The hotel is located across the street from the convention center, and there is lot parking next door ($25/day).

zerzhul on
  • Options
    slashseekerslashseeker Registered User new member
    edited October 2017
    NEED SPACE

Date Arriving: Friday 11/17
    Date Leaving: Sunday 11/19
    My Gender: Female
    Best Contact Method: Email me at slashseeker@gmail.com with "PAX Room Share"

Additional Notes: I am good sleeping pretty much anywhere as long as I get to have a pillow and a blanket. This is also my first PAX event ever, so I am excited

slashseeker on
  • Options
    DragonDragon Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel: Philadelphia Marriott next to the convention)
    Total Cost: $250/for bed $200/floor; per person for the weekend
    Date Arriving: Friday
    Date Leaving: Sunday
    Number of Spots Available: 2-3 I have one shared bed spot and floor space, unsure if there will be a couch since I haven’t stayed at this one but maybe?
    Your Gender: don’t care
    Best Contact Method: here or email: littlecluus@gmail.com

Additional Notes/Requests: not a party room, sleeping and social please. Snoring ok because generally everyone snores lol, I’ll bring ear plugs if needed. I’ve done room shares for years so I look forward to the first PAX Unplugged!!

Dragon on
  • Options
    PchoPcho Enforcer Pcho New HampshireRegistered User regular
    edited May 2018
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel: Quality Inn Philadelphia Airport, Lester
    Total Cost: $325 Flat/Each person
    Date Arriving: Wednesday 11/15 @ 3 PM
    Date Leaving: Tuesday 11/21 @ 11 AM
    Number of Spots Available: 1 (each gets own bed or you can share)
    My Gender: male
    Your Gender: Any Human/ I don't care, just don't eat me.
    Best Contact Method:

Hello I'm Enforcer Pcho I am offering space.
    2 Beds, 1 Cot (ill sleep on the cot) 2 beds available (each can take 2 people with a total MAX of 4). I will provide transportation from hotel to PCC, about a 25-minute drive each way (ill be driving my car). One price for all 6 days, includes Hotel, Parking, Transportation. Hotel has a Chinese restaurant, laundry, continental breakfast. I will be driving from New Hampshire, so if anyone needs a ride along that route please let me know. Follow 6 rules of PAX is the only requirement. Please be respectful.

zerzhul on
    PAXAnimeCTconFanExpoRenewDHAtlantaAnaheimLeakycon
    o8VqzID.png
  • Options
    Udjat_EyeUdjat_Eye [E] Showdown DCRegistered User regular

HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel: A Loft Philadelphia Downtown ( Co-Located with the Convention Space)
    Total Cost: $290 for a spot on a shared Queen Bed
    Date Arriving: Thursday 11/16
    Number of Spots Available: 1
    Best Contact Method: alexandertillman202@gmail.com

I'm an Enforcer who has a room share with a few other Enforcers. We are looking for another room mate. You will have a spot on a queen size bed shared with one person. Please feel free to contact me if you have questions about the room.

• Options
    TabbyKatTabbyKat Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel: The Philadelphia Downtown Courtyard by Marriott
    Total Cost: $115 for a queen bed to yourself
    Date Leaving: Saturday 11/18
    Number of Spots Available: 1 (Or 2 if you're sharing a bed)
    Best Contact Method: courtney.bagdon@wsu.edu

Additional Notes/Requests
    I am in Philadelphia for a work conference followed by PAX unplugged. Looking for a quiet roommate(s) for Friday night.

TabbyKat on
  • Options
    TigerbombTigerbomb Registered User new member
    edited November 2017
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel: Hyatt at the Bellevue
    Total Cost: $450 for spot on shared king
    Date Arriving: 11/16 (Thursday)
    Date Leaving: 11/21 (Tuesday)
    Number of Spots Available: 2
    My Gender: female

Additional Notes/Requests: I am an Enforcer looking for roommates. The hotel is very close to convention center, less than 10 min walk. 2 spots on a King bed available, I will be on a rollaway. WI-FI, a space to chill out/rest/sleep, no crazy partying but its fine to be social at night, I don’t snore. I have a request in for a two queen room but the hotel cannot guarantee it. So it's possible there will be no bed sharing. Paypal, Cash.

zerzhul on
  • Options
    gnoagnoa Registered User new member
    edited November 2017
    NEED SPACE:
    or maybe have space (see notes)

Best Contact Method:

Notes:
    I'm thinking about getting a room In Courtyard Philadelphia with a couch and king. I'd be happy to either split the king (plenty big enough that I've never really had a problem with anyone rolling around) or take the couch. I'd be interested in getting one or two people on the floor as well. The cost would be 1000 split however many ways we can make it
    Another option is a little further away (4 or 5 blocks) at only 550 for both nights. It's just got the one bed.

I've already messaged a couple people, if you're interested let me know and I'll grab it.

zerzhul on
  • Options
    PBJTimePBJTime Registered User new member
    Hi All, I'm looking for a room! It's just me, no partying or late nights planned, just giving a workshop, playing in a tournament, and showing my illustration portfolio around. I can take floor space if I can set up my sleeping bag. Let me know!

Date Arriving: Fri AM
    Leaving: Sunday

• Options
    jshirlandjshirland Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel: The Windsor Suites
    Total Cost: $1000 divided by # of people in room (aiming for 3)
    Date Arriving: Thursday 11/16
    Date Leaving: Monday 11/20
    Number of Spots Available: 2
    Best Contact Method: jss0@uw.edu

Additional Notes/Requests: There's only 1 bed in the room, but I should be able to get a roll-away. So one of the spots would be for the roll-away and the other would be a floor spot, unless you're comfortable with sharing the bed. Also, no snorers, please. I have a very hard time falling asleep if I have to listen to that.

jshirland on
  • Options
    fivespeedhybridfivespeedhybrid Registered User new member
    Looking for room last minute, had plan fall through. Been to a lot of Pax East.

Date arriving: 11/16
    Date leaving: 11:20
    My gender: male
    Your gender: male

• Options
    RedeyeRedeye Registered User new member
    NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving:Friday 11/17
    Date Leaving: Saturday 11/18
    Your Gender: any
    Best Contact Method: thatshitaintlogical@gmail.com

Additional Notes: I've got a reservation for ~$200/night at a hotel other than the official convention hotels, and the reviews are making me less than excited about the prospect of staying there. Deadline for cancelling my reservation is 4PM EST 11/15 so if I can't find an alternative by that time I'll delete this post/am no longer looking.

This discussion has been closed.