As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla] The Nightmare Before Christmas- Game Over! Mafia Win! Poor Jack!

• LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Dammit

Just FYI if phyphor dies green look at the early jumpers to this bandwagon since it's been mentioned that I'm suspicious because of stuff like this.

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Phyphor

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Phyphor, for scares.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    LostNinja wrote: »
    Just FYI if phyphor dies green look at the early jumpers to this bandwagon since it's been mentioned that I'm suspicious because of stuff like this.

You heard it here first, lost ninja gets it tomorrow.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Brody wrote: »

Thus is probably not the safest place to say it but I found a couple of the others hopping onto that more telling.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    I mean, the game basically penalizes you for not joining the wagon, so I feel like the only votes you can infer anything by are the ones before it was in the lead. That said, others had suggested (on the previous day) Phyphor before Lost, so we'd want to go back over any previous mentions and compare to today's vote record.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png

Kinda meaning those that vote after me. Still hoping he dies red though.

• mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    FYI - in case I die tonight!

I was contacted yesterday evening through a voice in the wind, someone I did not see but who pointed me in LostNinja's direction. I don't know who, or how they contacted me. I've been worried to bring it up or try to be more upfront due to the fact that I'm not sure how far the flesh mask can stretch or what it can do, and am not sure if I'm being tricked. But! The more I think about it, the more I think this person isn't revealing themself because they are of the rare remaining village specials...that is my guess. If some or any of this is accurate, I think this person needs to be found and protected if we're ever gonna have a prayer of turning around the village's luck

• Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    kime

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Votes Closed. Narrations Coming After I Read A Ton Of PMs.

• JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Pointed you at LN how? Like explicitly claimed they were mafia? Or more like "they're suspicious"?

• MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    That sounds like a mafia ability TBH

• mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    That he'd "dodged a couple of votes easily" and to "keep an eye on him"

You see why I didn't necessarily come running to the village, arms flailing

mrpaku on
    Sorry had a big exam to write today.

• JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Ah shoot I didn't get a chance to hop on the new bandwagon for scares.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
    Night 4- Party of The Dead

The party when on, with the different guest each enjoying it their own way. Some gave gifts, others gossiped, but some plotted. Jack looked up from a set of tracks near Dr. Finklestein's wheelchair and declared that they belonged to Romantic Undead. The party-goer grumble as he slithered out of Halloween Town.

But the night was still young and soon people discovered the body of JPants, cut to ribbons with playing cards, a Dead Man's Hand to be precise. His bits did, however, make lovely bows on the gifts.

The party-goers once again decided to get rid of one of their own, this time it was Phyphor who was tarred and feathered by the crowd before being pushed off a cliff. The fact that he was innocence mattered little compared to the wonderful splat he made at the bottom, a workof art if anyone asked.

The Dead
    Romantic Undead Now Works As A Lawyer
    JPants You Got To Know When To Fold Them
    Phyphor Fried Chicken

PMs going out.

All PMs are out!

• Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    I can confirm the anonymous whisper mechanic exists because I just got one.

Mine pointed me at a target saying "I'm somewhat suspicious of this player because they acted in this way" but it's vague enough that I'm still up in the air on if it's trustable or misdirection. Just wanted to confirm that the whispers are real.

edit: Pretty much the same phrasing as mrpaku's even, just with different reasoning and suggested suspicious player.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    I'm so tired atm. And on my phone. The kills look weird. Do we have alternating vigs?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    Sounds like we didn't have a vig kill yesterday, and we didn't have an SK kill today. We had both the first night so I don't think they have to alternate.

• Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    OoooOOOOooooOooOoooo

Lawyer was always my true calling anyways.

Hope you all like shrunken heads for Christmas!

OoOoOOooOOOOoOOoooo

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
    Might as well post an updated player list

1. kime
    2. chamberlain
    3. JayKaos
    4. MrTLicious
    5. Virgil_Leads_You
    6. Sir Fabulous
    7. LostNinja
    8. Brody
    9. H3Knuckles
    10. lonelyahava
    11. Bluecyan
    12. Auralynx
    13. mrpaku
    14. Raiden333

This is turning ugly quick. Any snake eyes make it through last night?

Bluecyan as well, for posting about breaking ties yesterday and then making a new tie with no actual explanation later in the day.

The reasoning against Phyphor also seemed to be weak as opposed to LostNinja (Player is still alive arguments are so blegh).

I don't have the scares to do anything fun yet, because I was duper busy yesterday and didn't mindlessly bandwagon onto Phyphor like I should have :(.

That said if everyone gives me a cool gift tonight I will try to inject some chaos into this game! Make sure to include a return address so I can thank you afterwards.

I don't have the scares to do anything fun yet, because I was duper busy yesterday and didn't mindlessly bandwagon onto Phyphor like I should have :(.

That said if everyone gives me a cool gift tonight I will try to inject some chaos into this game! Make sure to include a return address so I can thank you afterwards.

I mean, unless you missed Scares the first couple nights you should have done something :P

Unless you skipped earlier bandwagons too?

Steam profile
    kime wrote: »

I mean, unless you missed Scares the first couple nights you should have done something :P

Unless you skipped earlier bandwagons too?

I will freely admit that I thought the seer gift cost 3 scares so I haven't bought it yet.

I see now that it does, in fact, cost 2.

I have seen at least two Snake Eyes wasted at this point. Austin died before he could give me a set, and my recipient died last night.

• BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    I'm so tired atm. And on my phone. The kills look weird. Do we have alternating vigs?

My guess is we have a guard/roleblocker very much on his game. Shame he is the only one.

My condolances on not getting your kill out

Pierre Noel

It's never fun having your role blocked

Chris Cringle

To make it up have this gift: Kime

Feliz Navidad.

If there's only one roleblocker why'd Jack get a night off? Or was that a misfire?

JayKaos wrote: »
    If there's only one roleblocker why'd Jack get a night off? Or was that a misfire?

Would there need to be more that one for that to happen? We missed theirs two nights ago, and the SK's last night.

Depending on who's side the roleblock is on (or if people just missed getting their orders in), these missed nights may be good for the village.

If the role lock was mafia I would have expected to see Jack (who I think we are assuming is our vig) die last night, conversely we may see the SK die to the vig tonight.

I believe there is a role block item as well, and potentially a hat-bat-cat-rat-mat for the save.

I believe there is a role block item as well, and potentially a hat-bat-cat-rat-mat for the save.

Not according to the OP.

• BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular

Would there need to be more that one for that to happen? We missed theirs two nights ago, and the SK's last night.

Depending on who's side the roleblock is on (or if people just missed getting their orders in), these missed nights may be good for the village.

If the role lock was mafia I would have expected to see Jack (who I think we are assuming is our vig) die last night, conversely we may see the SK die to the vig tonight.

The dead vig logic being that the mafia role blocker knew whom he targeted thus letting the mafia shut him down, I understand. The dead SK I don't understand unless you assume the Vig and Roleblocker are already known to each other, which seems unlikely. It is actually more likely they would try and reveal this to everyone.

I personally believe its more likely a guard type situation, it's probably easier to pick who might be a tempting target than to correctly guess who was Vig and who was SK one after the other.

• chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    I am going to stick with ]Raiden333 because he is being very quiet.

Not according to the OP.

My bad then, although we still have self guards.

Guards are only 2 Scares. Many people now have 2 Scares, and have had opportunities to gift those. Normally it would be more worthwhile to buy Seers than Guards (as we saw in my last game :P ), but given that "make a Seering unreliable" also only costs 2 Scares (and also may grant you extra abilities?), we may have more people opting for other gifts. So I would expect more missed kills moving forward, too.

Steam profile
    Guards are only 2 Scares. Many people now have 2 Scares, and have had opportunities to gift those. Normally it would be more worthwhile to buy Seers than Guards (as we saw in my last game :P ), but given that "make a Seering unreliable" also only costs 2 Scares (and also may grant you extra abilities?), we may have more people opting for other gifts. So I would expect more missed kills moving forward, too.

My bad, I though the bat/hat guard was 3 scares and couldn't have affected our vig in the night they didn't have a kill.

Bluecyan wrote: »

The dead vig logic being that the mafia role blocker knew whom he targeted thus letting the mafia shut him down, I understand. The dead SK I don't understand unless you assume the Vig and Roleblocker are already known to each other, which seems unlikely. It is actually more likely they would try and reveal this to everyone.

I personally believe its more likely a guard type situation, it's probably easier to pick who might be a tempting target than to correctly guess who was Vig and who was SK one after the other.

My thought was that the roleblocker would have targeted the vig the first night (as mentioned earlier in this post I messed up how many scares a guard required and thought it would have been impossible on that particular night), and then they would have been working together the night the SK was blocked.

So faulty logic all the way down on my part there.

edited November 2017
    So what should we be gifting right now? I've been giving seers (one person last night, and a different, presumably unrelated player tonight), because I'd be wary of gifting a guard to an unknown. At least a seering is relatively harmless if a mafia gets it.

LostNinja on