As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[5E OOC] Before the Darkness - "Who Watches the Poopmen"

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I may join in for hangouts

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • iguanacusiguanacus Desert PlanetRegistered User regular
    Well, pooh. I was running late anyway.

Yell at those Comcast bastards, bunch of crooks.

• Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Shit is now working, thanks to roommate and I poking things with sticks until they started doing what they were supposed to. And comcast field tech supervisor agrees with me that the guy they sent to our house needs some re-training. Or at least pretended to agree with me until I would get off the phone. Whatever.

Roommates are all rushing to complete a couple days of apparently urgent work and school related shit though, so I'm going to leave all the bandwidth to them and go for a walk. Next week!

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I am excited to continue this campaign

Miss me? Find me on:

• RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    We're getting to the good stuff! Next session should be an action & drama packed adventure!

Internet was still working when I was last at home, should be good to go tonight.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
    edited October 2017
    Game is on tonight! Let us fight a demon or two!

E: Or discuss who watches who poop

Rainfall on
    Yeah, that happened.

• MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    also it's angus, he's the poop pervert.

HOLD THE PHONE WIZARDS RELEASED TURTLE PEOPLE AND NOBODY TOLD ME

Miss me? Find me on:

Folk, if I wasn't already set on Punished Auraj you'd be getting a Tortle Druid

Miss me? Find me on:

I didn't think they were launching them till Xanathars?

they did a charity release supplement for Tomb of Annihilation

Miss me? Find me on:

the main draw of the Tortle is that they get a 17 AC that can't benefit from dexterity - essentially heavy armor 4ever without the movement speed debuff, or stealth problems, etc.

it can benefit from a shield! so I'm currently working on a druid who uses a shield and club (shillelagh cantrip!) along with all the other cool shit a druid can do

Miss me? Find me on:

everything good 2 go?

Miss me? Find me on:

Dubh wrote: »
    everything good 2 go?

Yeppers!

I'm up for playing tonight!

this is the week we're starting a bit late right?

Melding wrote: »

That's what I said, but I was a week ahead of myself. We can start at the normal time if everyone shows up.

Rainfall wrote: »
    Melding wrote: »

That's what I said, but I was a week ahead of myself. We can start at the normal time if everyone shows up.

rad

Cool cool cool, on time works fine for me.

edited October 2017
    note on Tabaxi paladin: I can use the light hammer as a thrown weapon to make use of that redemption paladin ability

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

oh wait no finesse is still a thing for thrown weapons booooo

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

You could take a level of Monk so you could use a Staff with your Dexterity. But basically every other benefit you'd get from that would be redundant either with Tabaxi stuff (bonus unarmed damage) or subclass stuff (better base AC). The subclass really does read like they expect you to glance at a 16+Dex AC calculation and inexplicably decide to play a standard Str/Cha/Con Paladin array anyway. Definitely one that needs a couple more passes before it moves out of UA and into canon.

Even without that sick AC calculation though, Dex Paladins are pretty boss. Any of the standard corebook oaths seem like they would work fine for a Tabaxi with a shield, leather armor, and a rapier.

tbh we can just houserule that ability to work with any simple weapon

it's fucking divine magic, it makes sense to me - and even if we didn't houserule it, it's just one ability to ignore

not like I've been paying attention to vastly more useful abilities (like favored enemy damage) anyways

Miss me? Find me on:

it's fucking wild being excited about buying D&D books again

Miss me? Find me on:

Which ones do you have, and which are you looking to get?

I think we're just talking about Xanthar's, right?

I'm gonna buy Volo's because I've used it a ton and it's more than earned my money. And then, yeah, Xanathar's because the UA content has been pretty decent.

We'll see what Xanathar's does with the finished subclasses, because it's between a tabaxi swashbuckler or redemption paladin. Saving that bard for a halfling with all the luck-based feats.

Miss me? Find me on:

we meeting how much later, tonight?

Miss me? Find me on:

Dubh wrote: »
    we meeting how much later, tonight?

Let's say an hour?

Actually fuck it I feel like crap and got fired on Tuesday, I ain't running a game tonight.

Actually fuck it I feel like crap and got fired on Tuesday, I ain't running a game tonight.

That blows Rain. I hope it didn't leave you in a bad spot. Let us know if we can do anything.

yeah, that's fair.

oh shit

yeah, okay, take care of yourself fuck shit fuck

Miss me? Find me on:

Yeah, that sucks. Hope it's just a temporary setback!

let me know if you want to hang out at all, Rainfall

I got lots of room for hanging out

Miss me? Find me on:

Thank you! I'm terrible at interacting with people but I'll take you up on that eventually I'm sure.

I am also garbo at people, it okay

Miss me? Find me on:

tbh I'd be tempted to pay you to draw our current party, Scott, if your drawing parts weren't all messed up

Miss me? Find me on:

My arm is good for drawing, I've just been too lazy to art lately. No payment needed though, I always try to put together a group portrait of any tabletop group that lasts more than a session or two! It'll happen soon!