As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Candy Corn Vampires, Hocus Pocus, And Other Signs That It's [Halloween]

18910111214»

• E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    Peanut butter wafers are pretty good if you want the candy style peanut butter without chocolate. They have a ~lot~ of sugar in them though.

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I eat sandwiches that consist of pb between two slices of bread and that's it

• grrmushagrrmusha Registered User regular
    Peanut butter is so strong it overpowers everything you put it in.

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    I have no strong feelings about peanut butter one way or the other.

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    there are time that I find myself really wanting a crunchy peanut butter and jam sandwich.

and other times that the crunchy annoys me.

• CelloCello Registered User regular
    I don't care for peanut M&Ms but that's because Canadian Smarties are vastly superior to the chocolate used in M&Ms in the first place

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    I buy smooth PB only because it's impossible to spread a small amount of chunky PB on anything. Also makes it harder to eat with bananers or apples.

But! I love chunky PB. Very good in a sangwich to add some satisfying crunch.

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    chunky PB on buttered toast is my most decadent evening treat.

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I had some PB cookies that were made with chunky PB and they were really good.

Why do cookies have to be bad for you?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Chunky peanut butter and boysenberry jam on a toasted English muffin reminds me of my grandpa so much that I literally don't ever want them if he's not making them.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Cello wrote: »
    I don't care for peanut M&Ms but that's because Canadian Smarties are vastly superior to the chocolate used in M&Ms in the first place

I ate a little box of smarties out of our Halloween bowl and they were vile

That candy coating is disgusting.

• CelloCello Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    Cello wrote: »

I ate a little box of smarties out of our Halloween bowl and they were vile

That candy coating is disgusting.

I don't mind the candy coating, but I would by far prefer it if they just gave me the chocolate inside and didn't make me work for it

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • builderr0rbuilderr0r Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    grrmusha wrote: »
    Uriel wrote: »
    I don't like peanuts but I like peanut butter.
    opposite for me. i wish i knew these candies you're all talking about :/ we don't have reese's.
    6jgz7xea54hd.gif
    I might be willing to mail you some in exchange for your country's candy. But if you don't like peanut butter, I couldn't imagine you liking them...

#pipe wrote: »
    Peanut butter M&Ms are so superior to Reece's Pieces it's barely even a contest.
    Too chocolate-y.

builderr0r on
    steam_sig.png
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    I ate two cookies yesterday. I haven’t eaten cookies in almost a year.

I loved them but I think it will have to be another year before I eat cookies again.

• NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    I think my favorite chocolate "candy" in the world is Cadbury's little candy-covered chocolate eggs. Good lord, I don't know what kind of crack cocaine they toss into their chocolate but I cannot stop eating those things.

Cadbury%252BMini%252BCandy%252BEggs.jpg

• LabelLabel Registered User regular
    sugar is a hell of a thing.

Yeah those are pretty good and I'm not a big fan of chocolate by itself.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    Speaking of peanut butter, the kind with the additives that prevents separation, it the kind with just peanuts that you have to mix?

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    speaking of peanut butter I just gorged myself on post halloween clearance sale peanut butter cups and oh god kill me

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    I think my favorite chocolate "candy" in the world is Cadbury's little candy-covered chocolate eggs. Good lord, I don't know what kind of crack cocaine they toss into their chocolate but I cannot stop eating those things.

FUCKING YES.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
    builderr0r wrote: »
    Uriel wrote: »
    I don't like peanuts but I like peanut butter.
    opposite for me. i wish i knew these candies you're all talking about :/ we don't have reese's.
    6jgz7xea54hd.gif
    I might be willing to mail you some in exchange for your country's candy. But if you don't like peanut butter, I couldn't imagine you liking them...

I eat it, I'm just not a fan. I can still enjoy something with pb if it's tasty. What kind of candy do you like?

• CanadianWolverineCanadianWolverine Registered User regular

God damn it, this post, you just had to add the picture... I had to receive and put out a box of these at work today, they smelled so good... I'm never going to lose this dad belly :P

steam_sig.png
  • CalicaCalica Registered User regular

I wonder if this is a genetic thing? Like, lots of people say celery has very little or no flavor, but I'm in the camp that says celery has a strong, unpleasant flavor that overpowers everything else in a dish.

Or how some people love cilantro, but to others it tastes like soap.

I can absolutely taste celery but it's not super bad.

If I had to pick a flavor it's like a cucumber that's sour.

Cooking it improves the flavor.

Calica wrote: »

I wonder if this is a genetic thing? Like, lots of people say celery has very little or no flavor, but I'm in the camp that says celery has a strong, unpleasant flavor that overpowers everything else in a dish.

Or how some people love cilantro, but to others it tastes like soap.

Did anyone ever say that peanut butter has mild flavor though? :P I love peanuts and can eat tons. It's just the butter. If smoothie recipe asks for a little bit of it, done, it is now peanut butter smoothie, regardless of other ingredients.

Never tried cilantro. Celery can have a strong flavour, depends what you use it in. I tried dipping celery sticks into pb, still can't decide whether I like that or not.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    I got no strong preference for peanut butter. The only time I slightly prefer smooth over crunchy is if I'm making a PB&J on homemade bread, because it's a slight hassle to spread crunchy peanut butter on soft bread without tearing it up some.

I really like some crunchy peanut butter on griddle toast with a little drizzle of honey, though. Breakfast of champions.

Peanut butter that's a touch 'hard' can be made to spread WAY easier if you sort of goop it up a bit in the jar first with the knife. Mess and mix it up a bit and the difference is huge.

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

I was with you through the cooking it part. Boiling it in stew or something, sure, but the rare occasions I've run across it handled some other way have been dire.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

Auralynx wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »

I was with you through the cooking it part. Boiling it in stew or something, sure, but the rare occasions I've run across it handled some other way have been dire.

In a stir fry covered in seasoning and oil makes it not so bad too.

• Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Managed to score some nice discount chocolate at Target earlier this week.

Andy Joe on
    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    I like celery's flavor.

ruby-red-sig.jpg