As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Chickens mate using a move called a [podcast thread]

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    My kingdom for RURREMB (R U Ranking REM, Bro?) to become a reality

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Viktor WaltersViktor Walters Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    New Adventure Zone! The interactions made it fun, but uh...

I uh. Do not have enough cultural literacy to pin down exactly how this is bad, but Justin is playing Kardala as Hulk-esque, with no knowledge of modernity or mortal conventions. I think he's specifically referencing a superhero that I can't be fucked to remember, one of them what calls any weird superhuman a "demon"? So far he has thankfully not declared technology "withcraft" or whatever yet, so he's just narrowly skating on the edge of playing up a whole uh, problematic interpretation of native peoples as superstitious and fearful of modern contrivances.

Anyway, idk, he kinda painted himself into his own corner there. He has the choice of trying to play a specific incarnation of an Inuit goddess, risking aping it and appropriating it horribly, or play it like a traditional "mythos-inspired" superhero like Thor and thus white-wash it. I would give him the benefit of a doubt if it weren't for the fact that his last character, Taako, was the same sort of corner-painting appropriation dilemma. Just play a person! And don't pull reference from a real culture that you have no business using! I have played so many characters of different genders, backgrounds, etc and have yet to put myself in the kind of bind that he keeps doing. Come on, bud. Do and be better.

Viktor Walters on
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    How much do we need to donate to Extra Life to sway Dan into playing all of Bubsy.

• Options
    WheatBun01WheatBun01 Face It, Tiger Registered User regular
    taz drip feeding pilots is going to kill the listener base i think

it's just so slow, which i didnt mind when the episode quality was really good and I was really invested but

the episodes now are kinda rough (which is fine) but they are also an hour long twice a week.

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    I kinda lost my enthusiasm for TAZ right now. I think I’ll check back in once they’ve settled on the new arc. Meanwhile I’m working through the Waypoint backlog.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Like it’ll be at least 6 months until they’ve even finished all these pilots

At 4 episodes per pilot and 4 pilots it’ll be closer to a year

I’ve already unsubscribed and won’t get back in til at least they pick one

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    I het that they are busy but do they really not have 4 hours to just knock it out quick

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    how many episodes of Commitment are they doing before dropping another pilot

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    I het that they are busy but do they really not have 4 hours to just knock it out quick

Four hours is a lot of time!

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I gave taz a shot

The racism and appropriation is so, so much worse than i ever thought

At this point "he means well" doesnt work for me

Its really really bad

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    I wish I didn't have to spend so much of current TAZ side-eyeing (side-earing?) everything about Justin's character

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    if justin wasn't doing this dumb, dumb idea i would love everything about this TAZ storyline

• Options
    replacewythyreplacewythy Registered User regular
    Hey there was a new Digital Moncast, that can happen, who says it can't?
    "we work on a fortnightly schedule." I disagree
    I like the live-action Etemon.
    What the fuck is this list of movie anthems, I don't understand at all
    "No no no no, those, like, Rocky, West Side Story, Digimon: The Movie, like, these are all in the same eschalon of cinema."
    "Look at this motherfucking Terriermon wearing a crown."
    "Also, this is maybe some of the most gruesome 40 seconds in this entire show."
    Julie spoiled the end of Fight Club, but she used an actor's name instead of a character's, so I just have to continue not recognizing people and it's not really a spoiler at all.
    "This is like if you shot a snake."
    "As we'll learn in this episode, WarGreymon and by extension Tai give absolutely no shits about anyone else." It's actually a little upsetting this episode.
    "Like, Kari's gonna need counselling after this." OH YOU HAVEN'T SEEN ANYTHING YET
    "Wait do you think that like, Puppetmon is like, someone saw a Cherrymon and just decided to carve a puppet out of it?" Well that's kind of horrible.
    "I mean, to be fair, MetalGarurumon is just like, hey, what if we strapped rockets to a wolf?"
    "What I'm saying is, this episode is a Saw movie?" I've said that more than once.
    "Did Saban think the kiwi was an extinct bird?" "I think so."
    "I mean, if someone made a voodoo doll of you, would you not want to make sure you knew where it was at all times?"
    "I'm just saying, this opens a whole variety of different options, you know, with a partner." goddamnit this isn't Totally Reprise
    Tyler just put some live-action Digimon pictures in a random discord
    Molly Tazmanian Devil
    "We need to decide right now, which one of these kids, like, loves Megatokyo? And, is it or is it not Izzy?"
    "Tai read Ctrl Alt Del"
    Julie knows the fuckin Ctrl Alt Del deep cuts
    hell YES someone else remembers Flint the Time Detective
    "I'll reiterate for this podcast because I'm proud of this burn I laid down on a fictional puppet"
    "Did we forget how to end an episode or something"
    "It's gonna maybe be September when you hear this at this point." ...
    "You can take foreign money as donations, but you can't have foreign citizenship." right, of course
    Tyler was court martialed
    "I missed most of it, because I got stabbed by an orc."
    "So anyway, the moral of this story is, FUCK orcs."
    "Also, our cook's soul is trapped in a necklace."
    Very glad 'thumb ya later' is still around.

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    NeoToma wrote: »

Especially with multiple people having to juggle babies*

*Do NOT juggle babies

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »

Especially with multiple people having to juggle babies*

*Do NOT juggle babies

Unless you are really really good at juggling? Hm probably not even then.

What about contact juggling?

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I endorse any thread that shits all over Papa John.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Jareth could probably juggle baby toby

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    I wish I didn't have to spend so much of current TAZ side-eyeing (side-earing?) everything about Justin's character

It sucks because I really like and am charmed by half of it

It's the superpower half that don't work for me

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular

Also, four hours of published content = way more time that gets edited out due to gags that didn't work, rules confusion, bathroom breaks, etc.

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Honestly they should find four hours to run the whole one-shot in one go because it's definitely costing them WAY more time overall to do it in chunks. RPGs are way harder to run smoothly when you're playing an hour at a time.

• Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    admanb wrote: »
    Honestly they should find four hours to run the whole one-shot in one go because it's definitely costing them WAY more time overall to do it in chunks. RPGs are way harder to run smoothly when you're playing an hour at a time.

They record in 3-4 hour chunks, there's just a lot of cut content.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    admanb wrote: »

They record in 3-4 hour chunks, there's just a lot of cut content.

At least. Man I wish my tabletop games accomplished as much in a single session as any given episode of TAZ

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »
    Actually, I don't even know if Little Caesar's is bad pizza, because I've never had it.

I do know that Papa John's is bad pizza, though. Good breadsticks, but bad pizza.

Little Caesar's certainly isn't good pizza. But it's ok and a large only costs $5 and the crazy bread is great.

Mainly though it's just rad being able to spend less than a minute in a place and walk out with 2 large pizza for next to nothing.

Really, the only Little Cesar's products I like are the crazy bread and the Italian cheese bread. Occasionally I forget that their actual pizzas are bad, but as far as mistakes that cost money go, five bucks a year or so isn't terrible.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    yeah, a tabletop session where anything gets accomplished takes a long god damn time

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    I was kind of expecting like, two episodes per pilot

I've definitely done one-shot campaigns in that length - one or two major character moment periods, one big fight - so they'd be done in like three months tops

But these are pretty extended and the Inuit thing makes me uncomfortable without having committed to hearing it and eh... I will probably wait for the next pilot and hope for the best I guess

Cello on
    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Going through Blank Check still

How the fuck does Griffin like fuckin Lady in the Water and not the matrix reloaded

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    How is it that Younger Griffin always looks exactly like you expect him to look in these photos?

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I don't know if I'll ever get tired of Elliot and Stuart busting Dan's chops over having a mushmouth.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular

So it looks like CoD is having some issues

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    The first 5 minutes of the CoD quick look are just baffling.

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    How much do we need to donate to Extra Life to sway Dan into playing all of Bubsy.

Actual Bubsy spoilers here:
    After the boss in the quick look, there's only 4 more stages and a final boss. The game is short as hell.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Opty wrote: »

After the boss in the quick look, there's only 4 more stages and a final boss. The game is short as hell.

FOR THIRTY FUCKING DOLLARS???

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Opty wrote: »

FOR THIRTY FUCKING DOLLARS???

The cost of no lootboxes

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    hey remember when accolade put bubsy one and two on steam and it turned out that they had just downloaded roms and an emulator

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    hey remember when accolade put bubsy one and two on steam and it turned out that they had just downloaded roms and an emulator

yes

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    oh god, return of the giant bomb alarm tazer! on the east coast!

edit: vinny continues to be a monster

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    So many people are doing extra life that I'm starting to think they should split it into a twice a year thing like AGDQ and SGDQ

I can't watch all the streams I want to as is

Well, none this year

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
This discussion has been closed.