As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Tickets for sale PAX EAST 2018?

• Canderson1989Canderson1989 Registered User regular
    Ah, so ticket sales has happened on a Friday before??? Good to know.

• ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    haha every day I load the page at noon, 1, and 2 in case I somehow missed a tweet. Alas, nothing :bigfrown:

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • WuShockWuShock Lawful Good South BrownbackistanRegistered User regular
    I believe Blizzcon is tomorrow, so I'm not expecting it tomorrow. Not that I won't be prepared, but that would be a special sort of cruelty to put PAX passes on sale during Blizzcon.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• jdixon1972jdixon1972 Registered User regular
    Yep, today is gone. The South tweet had me spazzing for a sec, though, hehe.

• whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    You all know @PAX_Badges is a thing, right?

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Titan222Titan222 Registered User regular
    whypick1 wrote: »

Yea! If you tweet at them and ask for a test reply, they will respond so that you can test your notification system!

Obviously, but this is East. If you just wait for the Twitter notification, the Westin is already sold out.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

WuShock wrote: »

Obviously, but this is East. If you just wait for the Twitter notification, the Westin is already sold out.

So if stalking Twitter is not the best strategy to get Westin, what is? Constantly refreshing http://east.paxsite.com/ ?

Titan222 wrote: »

So if stalking Twitter is not the best strategy to get Westin, what is? Constantly refreshing http://east.paxsite.com/ ?

That's what I do, but that's because I enjoy "the hunt." There are resources out there such as PAXchecker (https://github.com/SunnyBat/PAXChecker)
    that monitor the site for you and notify you when something changes.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

That's what I do, but that's because I enjoy "the hunt." There are resources out there such as PAXchecker (https://github.com/SunnyBat/PAXChecker)
    that monitor the site for you and notify you when something changes.

Oh wow! Thanks for that. That tool seems pretty sweet. I'm going to have it running on one of my servers so it always stays up. Thanks again!

So next week it is. Feeling like it's going to be on Wednesday or Thursday. Tuesday is out because of Election Day.

So next week it is. Feeling like it's going to be on Wednesday or Thursday. Tuesday is out because of Election Day.

I hope you're right, because I'm going to be on a business trip on Tuesday.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Bunta_FujiwaraBunta_Fujiwara Albany, NYRegistered User regular

I don't know to what extent they consider holidays, but Friday is Veterans Day Observed.

zmYaVYP.png
    Don't forget that Westin may say sold out now, but they might have a small block of rooms available through Pax's OnPeak partner. Usually, these rooms go on sale the same time that tickets go on sale.

• casstronautcasstronaut Boston, MARegistered User regular

I don't know to what extent they consider holidays, but Friday is Veterans Day Observed.

Considering PAX East itself has fallen on Easter Sunday a couple of times, I wouldn't expect them to put much weight into holidays. I understand that scheduling a convention center is less flexible than choosing an on-sale time, but I wouldn't "check out" just because there's a holiday. Tickets for East have also gone on sale every weekday except for Tuesday in the past, so I'd say there's not much of a tendency toward any particular day. Also they could go on sale any time through Nov. 16th (before Unplugged), and even possibly after Unplugged, so although we want them to go on sale soon, it might not be imminent.

Hello PAX family. Ready for another week of panic?

I'm predicting that Thursday will be the day.

• Bunta_FujiwaraBunta_Fujiwara Albany, NYRegistered User regular
    Hello PAX family. Ready for another week of panic?

I'm predicting that Thursday will be the day.

Any day but Friday I hope! Wishing everyone good luck!

zmYaVYP.png
    This is going to be an exhausting week of anticipation and anxiety!

• starNOstarstarNOstar Buffalo, NYRegistered User regular

Let the panic and lack of doing work begin (again)!

5fhxvn385q28.png
  • Parsons_PhotographyParsons_Photography Registered User regular

Hell yeah, I have my computer on the PAX East site all day and night so whenever I get the notifications, I can be READY!!!

• DeathJest3rDeathJest3r Registered User regular
    jdixon1972 wrote: »
    Don't forget that Westin may say sold out now, but they might have a small block of rooms available through Pax's OnPeak partner. Usually, these rooms go on sale the same time that tickets go on sale.

PAX books the entirety of the Westin before they ever go on sale to the public. I believe exhibitors and enforcers get first pick on the Westin rooms through Onpeak and then whatever is leftover goes out onto the general attendee hotel block. If anyone has booked the Westin through somewhere that is not OnPeak, I would suggest they call the hotel directly to confirm the reservation.

PAX books the entirety of the Westin before they ever go on sale to the public. I believe exhibitors and enforcers get first pick on the Westin rooms through Onpeak and then whatever is leftover goes out onto the general attendee hotel block. If anyone has booked the Westin through somewhere that is not OnPeak, I would suggest they call the hotel directly to confirm the reservation.

No wonder I couldn't find any listings. Well, I thought of that before, but I didn't think that would be the possibility.

• Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    Anyone else just freak out with that last tweet? *sigh*

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
    That tweet just now. You know they're enjoying this.

• SkrepoSkrepo Registered User regular
    So Thursday maybe?

• jayh0vajayh0va Registered User regular
    It seemed coded. Props to this tweet for finding it. I think 11/9 is as good a guess as I've seen so far.

npyymaqh3gup.png
    Still, don't get complacent. Assume any day could be the day!

Yeah that tweet got me scared cause I was at work ;_; It wouldn't make any sense though because they usually release tickets b/w Noon and 3pm EST and it was like 5 somethin pm when they released that tweet.

I heard the PAX Unplugged is next week. They never release tickets during an event, so that means tickets should release this week at somepoint.... BE ON EXTRA HIGH ALERT!

• iltailta Registered User regular
    it's not this weekend, it's the weekend of the 16th. if they're going to do it before PAX U they'd probably do it this week to give themselves time to deal with the inevitable crapstorm. Keep that refresh button handy.

ilta wrote: »
    it's not this weekend, it's the weekend of the 16th. if they're going to do it before PAX U they'd probably do it this week to give themselves time to deal with the inevitable crapstorm. Keep that refresh button handy.

I know it's not this weekend, that's why I said it's next week sometime. lol

Nearing 8 am west coast. Window for the day is opening. Everybody stay frosty.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

If I were to guess, I still think it will be tomorrow or Thursday instead of today. *still keeps browser open*

5fhxvn385q28.png
    starNOstar wrote: »
    If I were to guess, I still think it will be tomorrow or Thursday instead of today. *still keeps browser open*

Pretty much XD I agree that tickets would come out on Thursday, but I am taking no chances. Pax officials can be sneaky!

Pretty much XD I agree that tickets would come out on Thursday, but I am taking no chances. Pax officials can be sneaky!

I'm juuuuust paranoid enough to think that the Thursday hint may have been a diversion. Staying vigilant. :)

• Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    Knowing my luck, tickets will be released during one of my meetings, most likely the one where I'm conducting the training.

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
    Most likely that the tix won't come out today, Should be either tomorrow or Thursday. I'M ON E.D.G.E.

Yeh, me too. I think as of now 2:44pm EST, we can count today out.

I didn't think it'd be today at all since it's election day, but I wouldn't count it out at only 2:45pm EST!

5fhxvn385q28.png

I didn't think it'd be today at all since it's election day, but I wouldn't count it out at only 2:45pm EST!

Yeah, tickets have gone on sale at 3pm EST many times.

This discussion has been closed.