As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla] The Nightmare Before Christmas- Game Over! Mafia Win! Poor Jack!

• Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    All PMs should be out. If I missed anything please PM me.

Also, a reminder because I keep seeing this. YOU CAN ONLY USE GIFTS YOU HAVE RECEIVED, NOT BOUGHT. AND JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE TELLS YOU THAT THEY ARE GIVING YOU THAT GIFT DOES NOT MEAN YOU HAVE IT UNTIL I SAY YOU DO. AND YOU CAN ONLY USE ONE GIFT PER DAY! YOU CAN BUY MULTIPLE GIFTS AT ONCE AND EVEN MULTIPLES OF THE SAME GIFT AND SEND MULTIPLE GIFTS TO AS MANY OR FEW PEOPLE AS YOU PLEASE, BUT YOU CAN'T USE A GIFT YOU BOUGHT. THANK YOU.

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Kime is a sneaky liar.

good at it, but a sneaky liar.

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Well, looks like Blue wasn't just using snake eyes on kime. If they'd died to mafia I'd know who to vote for next, but it looks like Santa kime got them. Rats!

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    OoOooOooOooOoO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqIoViuHkuA

OOOoOooOoOOoO

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    So we have 9 players left:
    1. Auralynx
    2. Brody
    3. H3Knuckles
    4. JayKaos
    5. lonelyahava
    6. LostNinja
    7. mrpaku
    8. Raiden333
    9. Sir Fabulous

Now, we can safely assume that the three trick or treaters, Lock (boy in devil costume), Shock (girl in witch costume, or child witch?), and Barrel (boy in skeleton costume), are mafia since they're Oogie Boogie's (KetBra's) henchmen. Do we think there were more than four mafia at the start? It's usually about 20% right? so with 25 players that'd 5, but the only other villainous character in the movie is the mad scientist who's brain went missing in the game's prologue.

Unless! Unless the female scientist he makes and gives half his brain to at the end of the film is a character who took his remaining half to have a complete brain? But why would she be affiliated with Oogie (mafia) though?

I asked GG for clarification last night whether flesh masks would obfuscate death announcements and he confirmed that they do not, so we should be able to trust those.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    edited November 2017
    @Bluecyan could've gone with:
    Edit: although listening to the song you posted, the lyrics fit better.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    What a ghost town, in both a literal and figurative sense!

Regardless, did anyone know if chamberlain or Virgil was open about being married?

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular

Regardless, did anyone know if chamberlain or Virgil was open about being married?

I don't know why they would be, it'd put a huge target on them.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Raiden333 wrote: »

Presumably only the mafia would have wed them, so unless they were worried about the SK there wouldn't have been any harm in it. Might have even been beneficial so we could round up a couple of guards to protect them.

Anyway, Auralynx cause I got nothing. Voting records aren't the most useful this game.

H3, since you usually track voting stuff, is there anyone that hasn't been on the bandwagon consistently? GG said mafia accumulate scares differently, so it may be something like avoiding the bandwagon since that would draw suspicion.

LostNinja wrote: »
    Raiden333 wrote: »

Presumably only the mafia would have wed them, so unless they were worried about the SK there wouldn't have been any harm in it. Might have even been beneficial so we could round up a couple of guards to protect them.

To elaborate on this, wedding two players would serve no benefit for a villager to do unless they knew both were mafia, also if it had been Kime they would have killed them the night after having done it.

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    It's saturday here and I'm spending all day stuck inside with a toddler who wants to play outside, but it's raining. and trying to spring clean the house around said toddler.

[color-red] Auralynx[/color]

it's odd to me that there was something of a push on an earlier day, but then it faded into nothing. I sadly don't have the time to go back and look at why.

• mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    I was in contact with bluecyan before he bit it

He felt confident about voting !LostNinja this evening, and so do i

• JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Bah, not gonna be around closer to vote end so I'll probably miss out on the scares for being on the right bandwagon. We're running low on villagers though, so if folks have scares they should probably be using them on guards instead of seering.

And if blue was after LostNinja that's good enough for me.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
    @lonelyahava botched your formatting on the vote. Might want to redo to make sure host doesn't miss it.

Hi! Sorry I'm so late getting on, will check the vote records and be back in just a smidge, LN.

camo_sig2-400.png
    mrpaku wrote: »
    I was in contact with bluecyan before he bit it

He felt confident about voting !LostNinja this evening, and so do i

Do you have anything to substantiate your claims?

Hey Fabulous, while we're getting some vital info out to the village, what was up with that night one self vote

edited November 2017
    Also, @lonelyahava it doesn't look like anyone's voted for Aura at all before today, though I do seem to recall claims of suspicion against them.

@LostNinja Looks like Brody, Sir Fabulous best fit your criteria (each have been off the wagon 3/4 days). Auralynx didn't follow the wagon 2 days, was inactive a 3rd.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
    @Sir Fabulous I can second Bluecyan saying doubts about LN in pms

camo_sig2-400.png
    After checking if it was okay with GG, here's a funny anecdote in response to something @lonelyahava said:
    Kime is a sneaky liar.

good at it, but a sneaky liar.

No joke, when blue pm'ed me about kime;
    Bluecyan wrote:
    I have good news and bad news.
    Good News: Santa Claus is real
    Bad News: He's Kime and he's here to kill us.

Snake Eyes reveled Kime to be the serial killer.
    my response was
    H3Knuckles wrote:
    Somehow that really isn't surprising at all.

camo_sig2-400.png
    gotta go eat dinner, be back to vote in a few

camo_sig2-400.png
    edited November 2017
    Vote Closes in 2 and halfish hours.

Grunt's Ghosts on
    Hey Fabulous, while we're getting some vital info out to the village, what was up with that night one self vote

I don't think you've played with me much before, yeah? I think if you asked other players who've had more games with me, they wouldn't be that surprised...

Or I'm a bomb.
    Who knows?
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    "Sir Fabulous" I can second Bluecyan saying doubts about LN in pms

This is very helpful.

I assume Sally was the Seer? It fits pretty well...

LostNinja

edited November 2017
    Not sure what I've done suspicious besides apparently being early on a couple bandwagons*. I pretty much always vote early so that was bound to happen this game.

*Well that and the mysterious whispers.

LostNinja on
    Oh. Oops.

Taking the toddler to the pool for swimming lessons.

Won't be back till after close.

lostninja

I've been high on the suspicious list all game, has anyone seered me?

I'd be surprised if multiple people hadn't. If they had on different nights that would prove me village.

I don't think you've played with me much before, yeah? I think if you asked other players who've had more games with me, they wouldn't be that surprised...

Or I'm a bomb.
    Who knows?

Don't get me wrong, I get having a thing...I do!

But for your thing to be "hey, I'm Joe Q Badass, you should know me by my reputation, and I play by no man's rules" 8-)

That doesn't mean you're *not* suspicious. That just means you have an ongoing *excuse* for being suspicious

To clarify, that wasn't a seer call correct.

lostninja 'style push for auralynx raises my hackles a bit because I don't trust the whisper and the whisper also suggested aura.

Phone typo, meant to say lostninja's

Eh, I like style push better :cool:

Or I'm a bomb.
    Who knows?

This is very helpful.

LostNinja

But it wasn't a seer call

Or I'm a bomb.
    Who knows?

Don't get me wrong, I get having a thing...I do!

But for your thing to be "hey, I'm Joe Q Badass, you should know me by my reputation, and I play by no man's rules" 8-)

That doesn't mean you're *not* suspicious. That just means you have an ongoing *excuse* for being suspicious

So you agree I have an excuse for being suspicious, right?

Looks like it's serving it's purpose then!

Or I'm a bomb.
    Who knows?

This is very helpful.

LostNinja

But it wasn't a seer call

No, not officially, but it means (if Sally was in fact the Seer) that you hadn't been Seered clear yet.

And sometimes Seers try to drop hints about suspicious folks without making an official call if they're scared.

edited November 2017

To clarify, that wasn't a seer call correct.

He(?) was vague, whether to avoid exposing self as seer, or because he wasn't sure of results (flesh mask, possibility of miller role), or just hadn't gotten to you yet, I can't say. He only said 'strongly suspicious', whereas he claimed snake eyes for kime's results. It's why I'm not gung-ho about going after you.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
    If I'm right that there are only 3 mafia left, then we get 1 more night even if vig and vote both hit village, so at least there's that?

camo_sig2-400.png
    Fuck, running out of time. I'll bandwagon LostNinja and cross my fingers that the other mafia are just rolling with it to lay low.

camo_sig2-400.png
    Vote Closes In 13 Minutes.

Anyway here are my thoughts for after I die green:

I think Mrpaku is village due to being the first to mention the shady whispers thing that I'm guessing is a mafia ability.

Leaning towards Ohava being village as well since she bit and changed her vote last minute last night when Kime was PMing people claiming to be village special.

I think I trust H3 since they are usually more quiet when they mafia (which to be fair I think has only been once)

*I HAVE SEEN THE DARKNESS

I HAVE GAZED UPON HIS NOT-FACE, AND IT WAS *GLORIOUS*

I HAVE WALKED WITH JACK AMONGST THE BRIAR AND BONES*

Fuck, running out of time. I'll bandwagon LostNinja and cross my fingers that the other mafia are just rolling with it to lay low.

Not if they wed someone else that they will kill tonight.