As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] Does this syandana make my ass look fat?

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Baro's stuff is ducats and credits? Ugh.

• Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Has anyone gotten the message from the Lotus about the "biological signature" headed toward the Plains, and know what's up with that? I got it today for the first time, and I've dinked around on the Plains, but not seen anything out of the ordinary.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    Nips wrote: »
    Has anyone gotten the message from the Lotus about the "biological signature" headed toward the Plains, and know what's up with that? I got it today for the first time, and I've dinked around on the Plains, but not seen anything out of the ordinary.

I caught some of the "prime time stream" last night, and it sounded like something they'll discuss in the dev stream tonight.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular

It's the meteor headed to Earth. You can see it from the plains now, it looks infested.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Thanks for the heads up on Baro Ki'Teer. So it seems like it's Primed Target Cracker is the main thing for this go round?

Also, seems much easier to get ducats nowadays. I really like the relic cracking system compared to....needing...friends ( :( )... long ago.

[edit]
    Actually, that looks like PC. PS4 / XB1 has....

Thermite Rounds
    Scattering Inferno
    Primed Point Blank (I think I got this before I quit, amusingly)
    Primed Fast Hands
    Primed Pistol Gambit
    Prisma Grakata
    cosmetic crap
    Grustrag, Stalker, Zanuka beacons
    Sands of Inaros

....no idea what's good there.

Bizazedo on
    XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    ARs always feel ammo-hungry, so I can imagine the Prime AR Mutation to be a solid pickup.

• Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    I'm going to check out the plains tonight. Get my peepers on that meteor.

How does one acquire ducats?

?
    6wu1qycdcecw.jpg
    ?

• Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    ARs always feel ammo-hungry, so I can imagine the Prime AR Mutation to be a solid pickup.

Alternative is a leveled Ammo Case thing on your Sentinel. It will convert any dropped ammo to whatever you weapon type you have equipped, if you want to save your ducats for something else.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    squall99x wrote: »

Alternative is a leveled Ammo Case thing on your Sentinel. It will convert any dropped ammo to whatever you weapon type you have equipped, if you want to save your ducats for something else.

This. Primed Ammo Mutation is a waste of a mod slot, if you're willing to run Carrier (which between Ammo Case and Vacuum, you should be).

Consoles get Prisma Grakata? Get it. Unless you hate fun. Primed Pistol Gambit and Point Blank are good, too.

Run Void Relic missions to open relics, getting Prime parts. Trade the Prime parts at a console near Baro for ducats. Grofit!

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    Can Helios run Ammo Case? I haven't actually noticed if it's a Sentinel.

• Options
    I'm going to check out the plains tonight. Get my peepers on that meteor.

How does one acquire ducats?

?
    6wu1qycdcecw.jpg
    ?

Take your relics and use them to get prime weapon and frame parts. Take those parts to a relay and find the kiosk to the right and left of the big statue in the main lobby, and sell those parts for ducats. Those same kiosks will have a timer letting you know when Baro will next appear/disappear too.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Oh, and here's a video posted to reddit yesterday if you wanna see the meteor but are lazy or are at work (turn the volume down/off due to loud, shitty music):

https://youtu.be/TKvi9DAdtOg

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options

This. Primed Ammo Mutation is a waste of a mod slot, if you're willing to run Carrier (which between Ammo Case and Vacuum, you should be).

Consoles get Prisma Grakata? Get it. Unless you hate fun. Primed Pistol Gambit and Point Blank are good, too.

Run Void Relic missions to open relics, getting Prime parts. Trade the Prime parts at a console near Baro for ducats. Grofit!

Yeah, I haven't had enough spare parts to sell, so I'll probably just get the Inara blueprint. Hopefully next time he rolls around I'll be rolling in a bit more as I start to get more dupes.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Hmm I guess prisma grakata sounds good. The prisma angstrum has not really impressed but I do need all the mastery rank I can get. Plus everyone says it is great.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options

All floating robot things are Sentinels.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    Soooooooo... they just accidentally granted every viewer of the Dev Stream 30 Exilus Adaptors.

• Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    Operation Plague Star's the upcoming thinggy. Just interrupted the dev stream :)

• Options

True and correct. However, contrariwise, not all Sentinels can run all Sentinel Mods. Each Sentinel has a few "signature" mods that only that Sentinel can use.
    Carrier: Striker, Ammo Case, Looter
    Dethcube: Swift Deth, Vaporize
    Diriga: Calculated Shot, Electro Pulse, Arc Coil
    Djinn: Thumper, Fatal Attraction
    Helios: Targeting Receptor, Investigator, Detect Vulnerability
    Shade: Ghost, Revenge
    Taxon: Retarget, Molecular Conversion
    Wyrm: Warrior, Crowd Dispersion

Weirdly, the first one I list after every Sentinel (except Shade) is basically the same thing, which causes the Sentinel to attack the nearest enemy or something of that flavor. Not sure why DE felt the need to make it like that, other than as an Endo sink and to be able to give each Sentinel's basic attack precept a little bit of variation and flavor.

IMO, the important ones are Carrier's Ammo Case (Ammo Mutation/+Max Ammo), Helio's Investigator (Scans stuff for you), Shade's Ghost (A bit of unreliable invisibility), and Taxon's Molecular Conversion (because it's just nice extra survivability). Note that they all can use (loot-sucking) Vacuum.

I tend to jump back and forth between Carrier (Ammo), Helios (Scanning), and Taxon (Cold damage procs), depending on my loadout and feelings at the moment. Now if DE would just give Kubrows and Kavats some sort of vacuum, I might use them more than once in a blue moon.

• Options
    VahraanVahraan Registered User regular
    Honestly they should just make a vacuum mod for warframes or make it natural to pick up in a small radius around you. The effect doesn't need to be vacuum levels, but the normal pickup radius is easy too small.

PSN: Gumbotron88 3DS FC: 0018-3695-0013 (Devon)
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Weirdly, the first one I list after every Sentinel (except Shade) is basically the same thing, which causes the Sentinel to attack the nearest enemy or something of that flavor. Not sure why DE felt the need to make it like that, other than as an Endo sink and to be able to give each Sentinel's basic attack precept a little bit of variation and flavor.
    They have different engagement ranges.

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular

True and correct. However, contrariwise, not all Sentinels can run all Sentinel Mods. Each Sentinel has a few "signature" mods that only that Sentinel can use.
    Carrier: Striker, Ammo Case, Looter
    Dethcube: Swift Deth, Vaporize
    Diriga: Calculated Shot, Electro Pulse, Arc Coil
    Djinn: Thumper, Fatal Attraction
    Helios: Targeting Receptor, Investigator, Detect Vulnerability
    Shade: Ghost, Revenge
    Taxon: Retarget, Molecular Conversion
    Wyrm: Warrior, Crowd Dispersion

IMO, the important ones are Carrier's Ammo Case (Ammo Mutation/+Max Ammo), Helio's Investigator (Scans stuff for you), Shade's Ghost (A bit of unreliable invisibility), and Taxon's Molecular Conversion (because it's just nice extra survivability). Note that they all can use (loot-sucking) Vacuum.

I tend to jump back and forth between Carrier (Ammo), Helios (Scanning), and Taxon (Cold damage procs), depending on my loadout and feelings at the moment. Now if DE would just give Kubrows and Kavats some sort of vacuum, I might use them more than once in a blue moon.

Well, if you only carry your sentinel around for its utility and don't especially care about it shooting things or specifically don't want it to shoot things (like doing a spy mission with a non invis frame), unequipping the attack precept does make it pacifist iirc

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    I tend to use carrier (Of course!), helios, diriga, taxon or Shade.

The fact that Shade doesn't shoot unless you're shot upon is nice for stealth missions. Meanwhile the Diriga is great for open range (electropulse and arc coil also prevent you from being swamped), the taxon is good for general slowing and support, the carrier has the best closeup and reduces/eliminates the drawback of ammo-hungry weapons and the helios scans.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    The Helios Detect Vulnerability is nice extra damage.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Vahraan wrote: »
    Honestly they should just make a vacuum mod for warframes or make it natural to pick up in a small radius around you. The effect doesn't need to be vacuum levels, but the normal pickup radius is easy too small.

It's funny you mention that, because they mentioned in the stream that that was included with PoE. It's just a 3m radius, but it's there.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Darmak wrote: »

It's funny you mention that, because they mentioned in the stream that that was included with PoE. It's just a 3m radius, but it's there.

Aha, I haven't experimented without vacuum since, so that might be part of it!

• Options

3m is very small, and not a lot of people noticed. It's mostly in a, "it was a bit easier to pick that thing up" sort of way without being real obvious. I just figured it was a sort of "looseness" in the netcode letting me pick stuff up in a way I normally couldn't, but DE Scott confirmed it today. Said he didn't tell anyone except Steve and the programmer he had help him implement it, and he didn't put it in the patch notes either. Made me laugh when he said it, because the "looseness" suddenly made a lot more sense.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options

3m is very small, and not a lot of people noticed. It's mostly in a, "it was a bit easier to pick that thing up" sort of way without being real obvious. I just figured it was a sort of "looseness" in the netcode letting me pick stuff up in a way I normally couldn't, but DE Scott confirmed it today. Said he didn't tell anyone except Steve and the programmer he had help him implement it, and he didn't put it in the patch notes either. Made me laugh when he said it, because the "looseness" suddenly made a lot more sense.

Now that the cat's out of the bag, how long before the screaming of the masses pushes DE to make that innate vacuum distance meaningful?

And for the record, outside of Taxon/Artax, I tend to not have my Sentinels equipped with guns or attack-related precepts.

• Options
    TetraRayTetraRay Registered User regular

Now that the cat's out of the bag, how long before the screaming of the masses pushes DE to make that innate vacuum distance meaningful?

And for the record, outside of Taxon/Artax, I tend to not have my Sentinels equipped with guns or attack-related precepts.

They made comments about considering that, and even joked that maybe it would take exilus adapters (because space mom handed out so many of them).

Steam ID: TetraRay
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    Gold and Blue potato alerts up as well as a rifle riven mod alert from space mom

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    I've decided to give Warframe a second try. I played when it first game to xbox and just was confused how anything works or how to advance.

Anyone got advice on what is the best way to get going early on?
    How do I get the materials to make more weapons etc. Should I focus on clearing one planet at a time?

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    I've decided to give Warframe a second try. I played when it first game to xbox and just was confused how anything works or how to advance.

How do I get the materials to make more weapons etc. Should I focus on clearing one planet at a time?

You get materials by doing missions and collecting drops from things, 'common' resources have an orange glow, rare ones glow green. Initial focus should be clearing junctions until you have access to all the types of resources, at which point you can probably slow down and go back and clear nodes so you can start dropping extractors to help gather resources.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options

Clear planets, at least until you complete two story quests (the war within and the second dream). After that you should have most of the nodes unlocked, and have gotten a bunch of stuff along the way.

Try to build games and weapons you have access to. Rhino's great at being nigh unkillable if you need a new frame.

• Options
    EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    So the new warframe will be able to summon her own personal kavat regardless of your current companion. Khora As a huge fan of pet classes I'm pretty excited!

• Options
    TetraRay wrote: »

They made comments about considering that, and even joked that maybe it would take exilus adapters (because space mom handed out so many of them).

Honestly, the cost of an Adapter feels more or less reasonable for innate vacuum. I'd take that deal.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    sso I just did inaros line and got 7 kitty codes

what's the best way to farm after that?

• Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    Does anyone have a quick and dirty guide to doing the Index? I've been running dark sectors for credits, but I heard the Index was better.

• Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    sso I just did inaros line and got 7 kitty codes

what's the best way to farm after that?

Not sure if it's the fastest way, but running just like, exterminate or something on the derelict as Limbo is pretty painless. Run around in the rift until you find a Kavat, banish the Kavat, then za warudo it and scan, then move on.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    I dumped forma into heliocore (and then synoid heliocore) for cat picture hunting. Much simpler than having to futz around with scanners.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    I hate riven mods on a conceptual level. Complete a frustratingly difficult challenge to get some boring stat increases for a weapon I hate using? No thanks.

So today I sold off all 13 of the riven mods I'd accumulated since I began playing, for 25 platinum each. I'd never sold anything in Warframe before today, so I'd say that's a pretty good amount of profit considering I was just trying to get rid of something that I considered to be worthless trash.

• Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    So, is the PA PS4 clan still We Are Nice Guys?

Because I hear people talking about the PSN clan, but I must be in an old iteration, because it’s like a ghost town. Bands won’t play no more. Presumably, there was too much fighting on the dance floor...

"Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
This discussion has been closed.