As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla] The Nightmare Before Christmas- Game Over! Mafia Win! Poor Jack!

167891012»

• Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    It was actually pretty easy. The Scares were basically kept track of with the PMs and I wrote the gift swaps like
    Kime- Snake Eyes (-2)- Lonelyahava

And then wrote down who earned what and spent what. It wasn't as bad as I thought it might be.

• mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    You're insane

Planning and executing one of these things all by yourself seems like an exercise in sadomasochism- I can't send a PM without breaking into a mid-level panic; I would *absolutely* need someone on hand to check my work

I had to barricade my door from my kids last hour tonight to even *try* to be effective

And I wrote down all the roles on Notes on my phone. This game took maybe two days to go from idea to ready to run. And it was fun to do. People, run these games. It's amazing watching everyone panic. I really loved watching the Vig and Seer talking to each other without knowing the others role.

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    And I wrote down all the roles on Notes on my phone. This game took maybe two days to go from idea to ready to run. And it was fun to do. People, run these games. It's amazing watching everyone panic. I really loved watching the Vig and Seer talking to each other without knowing the others role.

You evil, evil person. :P

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    H3Knuckles wrote: »

You evil, evil person. :P

Watching you and Blue talk but not trusting each other was like watching a movie and screaming "Just kiss him! Just do it already!"

• JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Yeah I never got much use out of the anonymous messages. I was hoping I'd have one more day before people got suspicious of them, then use them to try to get someone after me so they'd get confused if it was real or a fakeout or a double fakeout and just drive them crazy. But mrpaku mentioned it in the thread just after I sent the second one that was basically the same as the first so I figured that was done.

I shoulda just started taunting with them.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Oh Jack was trying to kill me! We were just doing the busdriver on me to pull shenanigans with the kills so they'd be harder to guard. I'm really happy I agreed to that now!

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    I never got to enjoy my honey moon.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    I wish I had signed up since this ended up starting after I came back. If I were mafia I would have just bought all the rings. Lovers is by far the most obnoxious thing to inflict on people. Oh someone else died now you die! HAHAHAHAHA!

It still hurts.

Also I ran my first game by hand on paper it can be done. Was a HP game too. During a snow storm and two weeks without power and internet. You darn kids with your spreadsheets and magic boxes.

*shakes cane*
    WZGAwtF.png

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Thanks for running the game! I had no idea who to trust pretty much the entire game, so I was quieter than even I like to be, but structured paranoia is fun, lol.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.