As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Index Card RPG Warhammer 40K One Shot Black Shard

JScottGaribayJScottGaribay Dedicated GamemasterBrookhaven, PARegistered User new member
edited November 2017 in PAX Unplugged
Game System: Index Card RPG by Hankrin Ferinale
Game World: Warhammer 40K
Player Character Options: Any One Model that has the Key Words “Imperium” or “Tau Empire” or “Necrons” or “Aeldari” AND “Infantry” AND does not have the Key Word “Character”
Gamemaster: J. Scott Garibay
Game Location: PAX Unplugged Philadelphia at Pennsylvania Convention Center in Tabletop Freeplay Section in Hall G
Game Time: Friday, November 17, 2017 2:00 PM to 3:45 PM (and the game will not go one minute over, respecting your time)
Game Style: This a Tabletop Roleplaying Game Session in the Warhammer 40K world, focused on story (with lots of fast playing narrative combat and no tactical miniatures wargaming)
Number of Players: Limited to four Players (Gamemaster will supply everything needed to play but feel free to bring any books you have if you are an Index Card RPG and\or Warhammer 40K super-fan)

Game Narrative:
Wolf Guard Battle Leader Trarg Fangfell calls a Dauntless Class Light Cruiser from each of the Major Chapters to meet near a dead nova star west of Colchis.
Fangfell has a contingency of infantry units from each Major Chapter come to his Light Cruiser where he then presents evidence that one year ago in a dark segment far beyond Imperium controlled space the following happened -
- A group of Drukhari Wychs developed an arcane ritual that allowed them to take control of Tyranid Swarmlords and Hive Tyrants on the battlefield
- The Drukhari Wychs bolstered their forces with Tyranid forces and gained control of a Heretic Astartes system
- The Heretic Astartes leadership, stunned by the might of the Drukhari Tyranid Hybrid Force, allied with the Drukhari and added both Heretic Astartes and Chaos Daemon forces to the Drukhari Tyranid Hybrid Force
- In short order the Drukhari Tyranid Heretic Astartes Chaos Daemon Forces captured many Ork Spacecraft and conscripted hundreds of thousands of Orks
- This unprecedented, strained collection of allied and conscripted forces was named Black Shard by one of the Drukhari Wychs who developed the instigating arcane ritual
- The Black Shard is now progressing toward Imperium controlled space
After presenting his evidence Wolf Guard Battle Leader Trarg Fangfell declares that he has begun a tiny comparable alliance of Imperium, Tau, Necron and Aeldari. He allows one unit of his own Space Wolves to be joined in the hangar bay of his Light Cruiser by a single infantry unit or Tau, a single infantry unit of Necron and a single infantry unit of Aeldari (all of whom were on ship under Fangfell’s protection and authority prior to the meeting he called). He then explains to all assembled (Player Characters among them) that they must choose to battle him right there as a traitor to the Emperor or to acknowledge his bold battle sense and aid him in taking his tiny alliance directly to the Adeptus Terra to ask for their permission to grow it into a mighty force to smash the Black Shard forever!

The game begins with the Player Characters making their decision to slay Fangfell or follow him and play leaps forward from there!

JScottGaribay on

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited November 2017
    FYI, for your game location, It's not PAX East, it's PAX Unplugged. PAX East is in Boston.

Also this thread doesn't state if you want people to sign up for this? How should they contact you? Should they just show up in the freeplay area and hope they find you?

zerzhul on
  • Options
    JScottGaribayJScottGaribay Dedicated Gamemaster Brookhaven, PARegistered User new member
    edited November 2017
    Thank you so much zerzhul for the Unplugged tip. I updated the post with the correction.

It would be great if we could fill the four player spots before the con starts and then we can communicate what each player is playing and that will help me to craft the story a bit more. I have updated my Pax Unplugged Profile (just click my name to the left) and my Facebook and Twitter Contact info is right on there.

If you would like to reserve a slot for the game just let me know right here in this thread or contact me through Facebook or Twitter. When the game fills I will post that here in the comments.

Also if there is a strong response I can setup a second game for Saturday and even third game for Sunday for players we could not fit into the Friday game.

Thanks again for the Unplugged correction. Most appreciated.

JScottGaribay on