As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Overwatch 11.0] Moira, new Support Healer and new map announced!

19596979899101»

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Cantido wrote: »
    Blizzard will continue to make supports until DPS players get the hint.

What hint is that? Look I have hundreds of hours of the TF 2 medic I loved playing him but you know what? The vast majority of people don’t find it fun to try to keep everyone alive while having every enemy beeline towards them . Which is why healer burn out and go dps , its fun to be able to fight back.

As an aside I wonder if heal less supports would work? Like lucio that is completely based around speed or if Zenyatta had multiple debuffs . Problem with healing is once you have a healer they become 100% mandatory . Which in turn means someone HAS to play them . Even if you enjoy the role eventually you will resent being stuck in it most of the time.

Edit - Fuck auto correct, I spend more time correcting the random words it decides to replace then it would take to look up the odd word I’m unsure about.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    If we get a Talon tank, they'll have all the roles.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    As an aside I wonder if heal less supports would work? Like lucio that is completely based around speed or if Zenyatta had multiple debuffs.

Like, a support that just throws out shields or teleports people back into the fight faster?

No, that'd never work.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    France really did well but it's difficult to win with your back against the wall on every checkpoint there.

South Korea definitely doesn't look as dominate as in the past.

• Options
    WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    France really did well but it's difficult to win with your back against the wall on every checkpoint there.

South Korea definitely doesn't look as dominate as in the past.

Yeah, I had a similar thought to one of the commentators about South Korea's performance here: Basically, "If you can make God bleed, people will stop believing in him."

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    As an aside I wonder if heal less supports would work? Like lucio that is completely based around speed or if Zenyatta had multiple debuffs.

Like, a support that just throws out shields or teleports people back into the fight faster?

No, that'd never work.

It actually didn’t at all at launch and even now people use her for the first point and then switch. I meant in an environment where no support heals .

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Sombre and Sym are both heal light/less supports.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    I'm not gonna give this one the Department of Bad Ideas tag, more just throwing it out there... but what if they removed Symmetra's shield move, and made her teleporter her E ability, with teleport charges accruing over time as the thing remains alive, and a cooldown that starts as soon as it's destroyed? (Similar in function to the Engineer's teleporter from TF2.) It would affect her survivability, but sharply increase her ability to reduce the effective respawn rate of her team with faster moves to the front since she's not having to work up an ultimate charge to do it.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Kana on
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular