As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Come post pictures of your [Gunpla] & other scale models in this thread

• Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Pretty sure it's the MG, but I'm mostly going on the white hands.

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    does robopalooza warrant its own thread y/n

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    The first mech fight in history ABSOLUTELY deserves a thread

Bluedude152 on
    p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    k

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
  • Options
    no use mine instead (sorry, been at work all night)

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    no use mine instead (sorry, been at work all night)

Well, yours does have pictures and a poll.
    I can't compete with that.

Also, no excuse for not having done it sooner since I've been off work for 3 hours.

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular

Yup, MG. real grade still intimidates me, I already don’t know that I like the small bits of MG kits and the idea of an even smaller version with that detail seems... exhausting

• Options
    Vann Diras wrote: »

Yup, MG. real grade still intimidates me, I already don’t know that I like the small bits of MG kits and the idea of an even smaller version with that detail seems... exhausting

It can be exhausting, but they're also a blast to put together. Just have to space the construction out over a couple of weeks or a month, wouldn't want to try doing it in one sitting.
    Can't speak for everyone, but assembling tons of tiny bits to well detailed instructions is relaxing to me, and RGs have that in spades.

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    edited October 2017

I've been to busy to keep up with gunpla news and it turns out like all the kits I was interested in this fall are p-bandai. Womp womp.

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Glad you mentioned P-Bandai, I just now learned they're releasing a HG Zaku Cannon next year

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    There are so many P-Bandai that I wish were just lil' option part packs. Like I really want that Geara Zulu, but it's just the Geara Doga kit with a couple pieces added on to give it the Sinanju style sleeves and a new weapon. If it was available as a $10 add on to an easily available kit, I'd be all over it. But as is, ehhh is too much cash for not enough new stuff.

The one P-Bandai kit I did cave on (and still haven't built cause I'm terrified of ruining it...) is the Banshee Norn, which did feel like enough substantial new stuff to justify the P-Bandai importing cost.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    [pictures from the twitter chain CorporateLogo linked above]
    orfacb7ts70g.jpg
    Cool! Those aren't kits, right? Just scratch built from other lego sets?

Also, what is this and where is it from?
    udnhuovx7i60.jpg
    kaqsu70k5uvq.jpg
    5wzpdp59ezg2.jpg

Edit: Nevermind that last question, found it via MAHQ.
    It's the GH-001 Grimoire from Reconquista apparently:
    soox1s01v074.jpg
    I... kinda like the blockier, wide-shouldered look of the lego's to the real thing? I was expecting it to look sort of like a cross between the Tieren from 00 and the Shiden Custom from Iron-Blooded Orphans.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Hi yes, it's MaKtober in the lego community!

37362791060_495f805786.jpgMa.Ktober S.A.F.S building kit by Andreas Lenander, on Flickr

37572835216_d02419ee2f_n.jpgMa.Ktober S.A.F.S building kit - finished model by Andreas Lenander, on Flickr

Elbasunu on
    g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    i would pay quite a bit of money for a lego grimoire

• Options
    so i'm at aus pax and i think i'm on the brink of really getting into lasercut mdf models

I picked up a few small ones, but also look at this

https://miniaturescenery.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=12&products_id=114

• Options
    edited October 2017
    daaaang that's a lot more complex than the dinosaur skeletons i assembled back in the day

also "y2k peregrine", lmao

miscellaneousinsanity on
    uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    I held a completed kit in my hands and it was beautiful. Ended up picking up a futuristic hover vw-bus, and i'm tempted to pick up a space tuk tuk and space ramen truck from a different place

• Options
  • Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    thought some folks here might be interested in this, a kind of beginner's guide website (that i have referenced pretty frequently, myself) is looking for other writers/reviewers to do short pieces

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Bluedude152 on
    p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Uh, yes please

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    That is just asking to be turned into a Ma. Krieger dealy

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    EidolonOrpheusEidolonOrpheus NoatunRegistered User regular
    Oh my goooooooood all these GNX's. Just need the one from the movie.

• Options
  • Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular

I'm always so happy to see these kits and find out they are 1/144. I know bigger is better and love my couple mgs, but I'm cheap. And like small projects that i finish.

• Options
    psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    So I've never touched any Gunpla before and I really enjoyed IBO, I was walking past the local hobby shop and decided to impulse buy myself some giant robots.... Long story short this happened. I'm pretty happy with how they turned out for my first attempt at Gunpla. The absurd size of the sword mace on the Barbatos makes it a nightmare to try to pose.

qpqy214k9fbk.jpg
    1iemrzaszrz7.jpg
    61yc8y4wlwet.jpg

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    That reminds me. My scopedog still has some marks where I didn't remove it very well from the runner. I wonder what the best way to clean that up a bit would be? An exacto knife? Some fine grit sandpaper? Some olive drab paint?

• Options
    LogicReasonLogicReason Registered User regular
    Hey gunpla thread! I have found myself in Okinawa for 3 months due to my job. As such, I went out to a local model shop and bought a kit. Please forgive the hotel-room quality lighting and backdrop, but here's my assembled Gundam Local Type (NA Type).

yxmby82akewv.jpg

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    That reminds me. My scopedog still has some marks where I didn't remove it very well from the runner. I wonder what the best way to clean that up a bit would be? An exacto knife? Some fine grit sandpaper? Some olive drab paint?

Paint fixes many sins. Fine sand paper will be ok if you come back after with a matte finish, as you just aren't sanding it back to molded plastic shiny. Depends on plastic type, I just use snips further away from the piece on the runner, trim down closer with snips, then use an exacto for the last bit, generally makes it not too noticeable unless you are looking for it. But the more brittle blacks and things will still deform and show up lighter.

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »

The options typically depend on how the marks look. If the nub is still above the plastic of the part, you can sand it down and then use one of those finger nail buffing sticks to restore the shinyness.
    If it's only a moderate blemish, pressing down with your fingernail on the nub mark can restore most if not all of the original plastic color.
    You can always repaint the kit, which hides a lot of sins.
    If the nub mark has left a cavity and you want a smooth finished look, you have to fill in the pore with some kind of a gap filler like Tamiya White Putty or Green Stuff, then sand it back down, then paint the piece. Generally this is only done if you want to paint the entire piece.

• Options
    holy shit gundam converge white base

all my yens

https://youtu.be/e5plfhIosPc

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Another new MG GM! GM Command Type from 0080

mg_gm_command_colony_01m-1024x1024.jpg

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • Options
    huh, i've seen stuff like that for more general purpose crafty shit, i should've guessed they'd apply it to gunpla

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    LogicReasonLogicReason Registered User regular
    Built another kit. This time the GM/GM. Fun little kit. I need to get better at posing.
    ik3tj31skp95.jpg

This discussion has been closed.