As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] Shaxx Me Outside How Bou Dah

GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles PaesanoRegistered User regular
What makes a Guardian… a Guardian? We take our first breath with no memory of who we were before – yet we are inexorably drawn to the Light. We fight, we die… and we live again. We know that we were chosen for a reason by something greater than ourselves. For as deep and wide as humanity’s rivers have run, it has now been reduced to a precious few, needing something to believe in… and a place to call home. This is what we have been called to – the future that we fight for. The future we will protect.

Shaped by the fires of each new battle, we are forged and sharpened into what we must become for the fight ahead.

What we have built is only the beginning – a symbol of what we can achieve, of who we are and our great purpose here. But the day may come when we will be tested. When all we hold dear is threatened. And then, we will see what each of us is truly made of.

vb63c58xrd5a.png

Destiny 2: Penny Arcade G&T Saves the Universe and Everything in It, No, Seriously, I Know It Looks like We’re Losing but Everything Is Under Control, We Promise is an online multiplayer action role-playing sci-fi-fantasy first-person shooter for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC and the second title in Bungie and Activision’s ten-year, zillion-dollar Destiny franchise. It’s MMO-like – think gear collection (and dress-up), skill trees and specs, party play, raiding, and PvP – with rock-solid gunplay and wondrous, gorgeous worlds to explore. Beyond all of that, it’s also home to the best damn community in gaming: Pax Arcadia, our systems-spanning network of clans.

A Little History: Our Story So Far
In Year One of Destiny, the Wise and Noble Guardians of PA traveled through space and time in defense of Human, Awoken, and Exo, rising to meet every challenge and ultimately emerging from a year's worth of adventures bearing the spoils of war and the bounty of exotic weapons, sturdy and stylish armor, fortune, and fame. Through our bravery and dedication, we defended The Tower from all who would see it leveled to the ground. Our legend reached the farthest battlefields of the Crucible. We earned the favor of the Queen and protected her Reef from enemies seeking to tear it apart.

At times, our successes seemed inevitable, almost routine. We traveled backward and forward through time; we crushed our foes underfoot in encounter after encounter; we destroyed the heart of a god - more than once. We plumbed the depths of the Dark Below, face-to-hideous-face with Crota, Hive Prince and Son of Oryx. In time, he fell like the rest. We took his wretched, cursed husk and held it aloft as a trophy.

In Year Two, we braved the Dreadnaught, a terrifying frontier, and we beat back the Taken, a twisted menace. We competed against our fellow Guardians in brutal bloodsport, sharpening ourselves into efficient, highly coordinated soldiers of the Light. We returned to the Prison of Elders and tore through its denizens, leaving our mark on its every arena. We remained relentless, undeterred, in the face of overwhelming odds, and together we struck down Oryx, the Taken King. He refused to tolerate our insolence; we refused to tolerate his existence.

In Year Three, Fallen mutants, scavenging the tombs of the Golden Age, unleashed a plague of unimaginable corruption on our world. Grotesque new foes bore down upon the walls of the Last City, challenging us to adapt or perish. Lord Saladin called us to take up the mantle of the Iron Lords, and we obliged. We honored their legacy by rediscovering their history and celebrating a noble, long-buried tradition.

Now, as we enter a new era, our greatest-ever threat emerges from the Darkness to meet us: Dominus Ghaul, leader of the Cabal’s Red Legion. Ghaul believes that the Traveler erred in bestowing the Light upon us; as we begin our journey in Destiny 2, he and his forces will assail the Tower, corrupt the Traveler, and scatter us to the wilds, beyond the relative safety of our city’s walls. For the first time ever, we will enter a world without Light.

But we will enter it together, Guardians. And it will not be dark for long.

szuuy5gycpri.png

Clan Update (Sept. 9, 2017): Bungie's new clan portals have rolled out, and we have three separate clan pages (complete with general chat wall and LFG channels!) for PlayStation, Xbox and PC Arcadians. To join up on your specific platform, please PM @GMaster7 (PS4), @ObiFett (Xbox) or @SniperGuy (PC) and let us know your PSN/Xbox/Battle.net ID and your Bungie.net ID - and add yourself to the bottom of the Mega-Roster (linked below) for your platform of choice (on PS4, add yourself to the bottom of the blue-labeled Waitlist section). Then, use the below links to send a join request to your platform's clan on Bungie.net. Note that clans will be a bit more of a walled garden in D2 - because the 100-member cap will remain, we're looking for players who will be active in-game and here in the thread. General policy has been to boot for inactivity after a few months, but our plan is to be a bit more aggressive with inactivity checks in D2. (Note that the PS4 clan is full-up at 100 as of this writing. We will use this excellent tool developed by our very own Muffinatron (Holy-Promethium) to conduct regular inactivity checks - for now, we're eyeing a thirty-day inactivity cap.)
Pax Arcadia Mega-Roster Spreadsheet
Pax Arcadia (PS4)
Pax Arcadia Prime (Xbox One)
Pax-Arcadia (PC)

PC Arcadians: We also have a clan channel within the PA Discord server!

PS4 Overflow Clans
On PS4, Pax Arcadia's waitlist has been growing pretty steadily since launch. If you're on that list and are looking to escape from no-clan purgatory and reap some weekly clan rewards, might I suggest joining either our overflow clan or the SE++ subforum's clan? There's a lot of overlap between PA and these other clans, and if you're on the waitlist, I'll still let you know if your spot comes up.
Pax Chardcadia (PS4 Overflow)
SE++ Clan

Find teammates with The100.io!
If you're looking for teammates for any activity in D1 or D2, check out PA's console-specific groups on The100.io, right here:
Pax Arcadia - PS4
Pax Arcadia - Xbox One

Useful Links and Utilities
We will use this space to compile links to miscellaneous sites and tools as we prepare for and dive into the launch of D2. Please feel free to PM or @ me in the thread at any time if you would like to contribute a useful resource or utility to the OP.
Destiny Item Manager: Move items between characters and keep track of your gear and inventory.
DestinyTracker: Track your stats, plus leaderboards, activity listings, and vendors.
DestinyDB: Item lists and tons of info.

mfua5ptrphdo.png

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G

• Options
    useruser Registered User regular
    I'm back from a week of backcountry trekking with my dog. Just in time for the next faction rally.

• Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    God, this thread is as empty as the clan roster...

• Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    rndmhero wrote: »
    God, this thread is as empty as the clan roster...

I blame Obama.

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    new thread sounds JUICAYY

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    So according to that tracker thing, I have a positive K/D and win ratio.

*flexes*
    I have played 17 matches.

Surfpossum on
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    chemicalkb wrote: »
    cB557 wrote: »
    Oh my god. I just realized I didn't record it when I killed an entire enemy team one by one with Acrius as they stormed my position.

Was that when we were doing our rat king Crucible stuff? Because you were rocking it during the control match.
    It was during the supremacy match, actually.
    I forgot to record when we were all trying to do the jump our our sparrows and i somehow got stuck underneath you and then fell through the world :(

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Crucible so far is like 1 good game for every 3 games where my team just gets absolutely crushed.

• Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    Crucible so far is like 1 good game for every 3 games where my team just gets absolutely crushed.

I have the exact opposite experience. I just straight smash everyone right up until I don’t and it’s a 4 man premade that has perfect heavy rotations while I’m trying real hard to herd my cats in the general direction of the enemy. It’s one of those “well I won the last 6 games, this is fair” situations.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I'm not really counting wins or losses, I just want my powerful engram.

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular

A lack of consideration of skill in the quick play playlist is not my favourite. Competitive is usually reasonable match ups but the competitive playlist is an acquired taste.

• Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Having to play by myself (husband out of town) reminds me that I haven't improved my FPS skills as much as I thought. Oh well, I'm 260 anyway, and these loots aren't gonna chase themselves.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    akjak wrote: »
    Having to play by myself (husband out of town) reminds me that I haven't improved my FPS skills as much as I thought. Oh well, I'm 260 anyway, and these loots aren't gonna chase themselves.

Shooting more mans is the best way to get gooder at shooting mans.

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular

I believe in you

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Konphujun wrote: »

It's hard for me to shoot mans in Trials when the mans are so much better at the shooting of me.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »

It's hard for me to shoot mans in Trials when the mans are so much better at the shooting of me.

What if we were the mans to be shot all along.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Joined a group on the reddit LFG to learn the raid. 1 shot baths and dogs, then did gauntlet in 8 tries and Callus in 10. Scrounged together my group of friends and walked them through it over the course of 5 hours or so. I'm looking forward to Prestige, the raid is awesome but a lot of the mechanics seemed very lenient. Being able to get by with inexact execution, especially in gauntlet, is too forgiving imo.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    GONG-00 wrote: »

Adversity is the barrier to success! Keep at it!

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    If at first you don't succeed, kill their family and demand ransom money.

On a related note, I'm looking forward to the expansions. I figure they'll maybe start unfucking the dog by the second release, and by the third they'll either have doubled down on the awful bits or a reenacted the Soviet revolution.

Expansion one has Vex in it so I'm good even if they make their systems worse. Vex are a best.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    Joined a group on the reddit LFG to learn the raid. 1 shot baths and dogs, then did gauntlet in 8 tries and Callus in 10. Scrounged together my group of friends and walked them through it over the course of 5 hours or so. I'm looking forward to Prestige, the raid is awesome but a lot of the mechanics seemed very lenient. Being able to get by with inexact execution, especially in gauntlet, is too forgiving imo.

Requiring fights to have perfect execution is a horrible idea for "normal" mode because when one person fails, they get to feel like shit for letting down 5 people.

It completely takes away the idea that Destiny is a social experience. When playing WoW it was not a great feeling to bench someone because you knew they'd muck up once over the course of 10 mins.

Also Destiny is an fps not a poor 3rd person platformer or stealth game (with the worst stealth mechanics). I'm glad the raid allows at least some recovery.

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Played warlock since PC release; realized yesterday that I can consume grenade to trigger Devour. :rotate:

• Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Echo wrote: »
    Played warlock since PC release; realized yesterday that I can consume grenade to trigger Devour. :rotate:

Holding your grenade until you have sword ammo and then procing devour is like having two supers.

Especially if you have a sword that regens ammo on kills.

Norgoth on
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Sword is love, yes, yes.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Basil wrote: »
    Sword is love, yes, yes.

Blinking directly over people and then killing with the sword never gets old.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I know peeps are working today but if you guys wanna squeeze in some monday night Trials action hit me up

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Thanks for runs last night, all. Made it to Calus twice!

...and I still haven't killed the guy :bigfrown:

I set up a 630pm (eastern) for that, I could move it later if West Coast folks want to make it and need it pushed back

https://www.the100.io/gaming_sessions/1081912

(PC, btw)

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular

The issue being if you let off a hair early you will accidentally throw that grenade :D

I have died to that a time or two.

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular

It's not really less forgiving mechanics that makes Prestige not really worth the effort, IMO. It's the arbitrary increase in health/damage from the mobs. It's not a traditional light increase, so the stronger mobs will never be 'easier' the more Prestige gear you get. It's just a flat increase - which is so contrary to anything in Destiny up to this point, I honestly don't know what they were thinking.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    MagicPrime wrote: »

It's not really less forgiving mechanics that makes Prestige not really worth the effort, IMO. It's the arbitrary increase in health/damage from the mobs. It's not a traditional light increase, so the stronger mobs will never be 'easier' the more Prestige gear you get. It's just a flat increase - which is so contrary to anything in Destiny up to this point, I honestly don't know what they were thinking.

They were thinking "Man, I can't wait until the live team gets here and gets us out of this mess."

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i don't think i've ever heard another person complain about the mechanics being too lenient in the leviathan raid

if that's what you're into, cool, but please don't submit any change requests in a game i enjoy playing

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Huh. Just noticed that Xur's butt towel has a modified version of the two expansion icons. Is that some kind of clue that Osiris and Rasputin (and the Nine) are connected?

• Options

They were thinking they wanted it to be more difficult but they'd already fucked up having this be done via light levels since people were already hitting 305 long before the Prestige Raid launched.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i didn't even know he had a butt towel

um his eyes are up there somewhere fawst geez

• Options
    Norgoth wrote: »

Holding your grenade until you have sword ammo and then procing devour is like having two supers.

The real second Super is the friends you made along the way having 2 pulse grenades.

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular

They were thinking they wanted it to be more difficult but they'd already fucked up having this be done via light levels since people were already hitting 305 long before the Prestige Raid launched.

I do wonder if they'll ever talk about whether players were supposed to be able to break 290 before Prestige, because there was that brief time where players reported getting above 305 and then it all got hotfixed the first weekend, when they put in the measures to inhibit multiple characters of the same class.

• Options
    Norgoth wrote: »

The real second Super is the friends you made along the way having 2 pulse grenades.

2 pulse grenades is better than any super

• Options
    metaghost wrote: »

I do wonder if they'll ever talk about whether players were supposed to be able to break 290 before Prestige, because there was that brief time where players reported getting above 305 and then it all got hotfixed the first weekend, when they put in the measures to inhibit multiple characters of the same class.

i mean they could have just made the prestige raid 310 light or something instead of making it permanently arbitrarily difficult

• Options
    Bansheeeee

I have given you more than 3625 weapon parts

Will your thirst never be sated

What kind of gun are you building

Why won’t you give me antiope-d

• Options
    apo i have like five antiope-ds if you want one

can you give me dunemarchers in return

• Options
    Chanus wrote: »
    apo i have like five antiope-ds if you want one

can you give me dunemarchers in return

A sound deal. I even have a spare! 305 and all

I will prin5 them out and send them by her majesty's royal post

• Options
    Tridus1xTridus1x Registered User regular
    Anyone up for Trials on PC? I'm not the best but my friend and I might be willing to give it a shot.

Bnet: Tridus1x#1875

This discussion has been closed.