As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

STEAM

BroloBrolo BroseidonLord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
"Steam" is the second single from English rock musician Peter Gabriel's 1992 album Us. It reached number 10 on the UK singles chart, #32 on the Billboard Hot 100, and number 1 on the Modern Rock Tracks chart.

The video for "Steam" was directed by Stephen R. Johnson, who said he wanted to cram the video with as many "things" as possible.[4] The video features digital imagery and numerous instances of sexual symbolism.

The "Steam" video won a Grammy Award for Best Short Form Music Video in 1994, as well as two MTV Video Music Awards in 1993, for Best Special Effects in a Video and Best Editing in a Video.

Peter Gabriel has said that the song is about a relationship in which the woman is sophisticated, bright, cultured, and knows everything about anything and that the man knows nothing about anything, except, he does know about the woman, and she doesn't know much about herself.[2][3]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt87bLX7m_o

Also we can talk about computer games, I guess?

• Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    The toddler was asking about mommy's "bone" (her elbow joint) so we started talking about skeletons and bones and now she is super interested in skeletons and bones and I searched Google image for skeletons for kids and she's loving it but then I saw a picture of Sans and now I've led us down a dark path and now she's just looking at Undertale fan art so I'm sorry, I fucked up, I'm turning in my Dad Card.

Oh cool, she's now on DeviantArt. I am a failure.

Medium Dave on
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I finished Prey, I liked it a lot. Even the ending, which was kind of cool. I can easily see why other people would have been annoyed by it though. I hope they do a sequel or something.

I played it full human, saving everyone but the cook and the developer easter egg people. It's kind of made me want to start up Dishonored 2 again and finish it this time, having Emily just murder everybody.

• LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Reminds me, I need to swing by the office Monday to check for my
    https://youtu.be/0sa2R-PM0Uk
    in the mail.

• MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    I just won my second chicken dinner ever

the last dude died outside the playzone because he didn't want to leave the safety of his hut

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Been playing Shadow Warrior Tactics Blades of the Shogun (Jesus that is a title.)

It's fun so far! Weird playing a real time stealth game controlling multiple agents at once. It's definitely less of a tactics game and more of a puzzle game with its focus on quick save and quick load, but then again most tactics videogames really are more puzzle games. Still fun though!

• LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Been playing Shadow Warrior Tactics Blades of the Shogun (Jesus that is a title.)

It's fun so far! Weird playing a real time stealth game controlling multiple agents at once. It's definitely less of a tactics game and more of a puzzle game with its focus on quick save and quick load, but then again most tactics videogames really are more puzzle games. Still fun though!

hey, after you finish the game, be sure to replay a mission or two because it's a completely different experience speedrunning through the whole thing once you sort of know what you are doing.

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Steamworld Dig 2 is very good and sweet and so charming it makes me sick

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
    Lalabox wrote: »

hey, after you finish the game, be sure to replay a mission or two because it's a completely different experience speedrunning through the whole thing once you sort of know what you are doing.

because yeah, on my first time round the final mission took me about an hour and 40 minutes or something, and then I managed to do it in 15 without looking up any guides.

because yeah, on my first time round the final mission took me about an hour and 40 minutes or something, and then I managed to do it in 15 without looking up any guides.

It seems like you can get a lot of extra fun going for challenges and hard mode in that game.

It seems like you can get a lot of extra fun going for challenges and hard mode in that game.

i'll be honest there are a few things that are just ridiculous that I don't want to ever touch

but going fast is quite a bit of fun

• MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    i just beat doom 2016. apparently i decided to take a break literally two rooms before the last boss.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I finally bought witcher 3 a few days ago because I wanted an RPG and divinity is still expensive

it's good but gwent is trash and I don't understand why people wanted it to be a standalone product

It's substantially different as the standalone product, very much a different game outside of some core similarities.

• IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Steamworld Dig 2 is very good and sweet and so charming it makes me sick

I'm so glad to hear it's good. If Divinity: OS2 ever stops having it's way with me, Steamworld Dig 2 is next. I've loved the Steamworld games so far.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Beat Divinity. I enjoyed it, but I think I need to play Divinity-esque games on lower difficulties because I don't put the effort into really breaking the system particularly when it comes to winning fights when heavily outnumbers.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Steamworld Dig 2 is indeed excellent.

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    MACHINE

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    I finally bought witcher 3 a few days ago because I wanted an RPG and divinity is still expensive

it's good but gwent is trash and I don't understand why people wanted it to be a standalone product

I even lost the tutorial game of gwent. There’s just something about games like that my brain can’t handle.

• MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    godmode wrote: »
    Shorty wrote: »

I even lost the tutorial game of gwent. There’s just something about games like that my brain can’t handle.

big numbers means more winning.

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    The Witcher 3 is just the campaign mode for Gwent

• McHogerMcHoger Registered User regular
    Early game Gwent was fun. It lost me at higher levels when it became about playing the same handful of cards over and over.

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Gwent?

More like Gworst

• SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    Got a weird bug in Divinity that has only started today.

When I hover over certain items in my inventory the screen goes black and the eventually returns to normal.

Everything else plays fine but I have noticed a bit more lag today.

I hope it's nothing hardware related.

• LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Hooked up my steam link and I only dicked around with for an hour or so and it seems like it works pretty well even over wifi while watching a stream. The fact that my desktop monitor is only 1680x1050 will be annoying for this though.

My main problem I need to figure out is my stupid steam controller, which If I'm honest I haven't used a lot I was playing a game and it just straight up stopped accepting inputs from the controller after a while. Like the controller was on and I could press the button to get to the steam interface but nothing else. Then I tried Fire Pro World which was fine until I got into a match and again no input. I don't really remember having this much trouble when I was using it directly on my computer.

• TaminTamin Registered User regular
    weird timing. I finally took an hour or so this morning to set mine up.

didn't have much luck, though. I'm curious about your setup: is your computer hardwired to the router? I'm using wifi from the computer to the router; and from the router to the steam link, and it simply did not cooperate.

I managed, after several trips up and down the stairs, to get The Talos Principle running, but it dropped inputs and froze after ~30 seconds of actual gameplay.

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    My Steam Link works fine but once every 30 minutes or so it will randomly boot me out to library menu. Clicking play on the game gets me right back in where I was, so it seems to be just the stream getting interrupted. Both the link and the PC are wired.

Also per my previous question from the end of the last thread, hitting the home button on the controller turns it on.

Sometimes. If I turn off the Link sometimes i have to unplug the controller and plug it back in for that to work.

steam_sig.png
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    I'm actually kinda surprised that the first gif is cutting edge 1992 CGI and not some garrys mod abomination.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
    Tamin wrote: »
    weird timing. I finally took an hour or so this morning to set mine up.

didn't have much luck, though. I'm curious about your setup: is your computer hardwired to the router? I'm using wifi from the computer to the router; and from the router to the steam link, and it simply did not cooperate.

I managed, after several trips up and down the stairs, to get The Talos Principle running, but it dropped inputs and froze after ~30 seconds of actual gameplay.

My PC is wired in another room from my router where my steam link is like less than a foot away(though not direct line of site). So probably the most ideal situation without having the link hardwired too.

It's kinda hilarious how bad the setup guide is but luckily once you turn the link on it walks you though it pretty painlessly.

• godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    I gave my Steam Link another try on Mafia III this weekend after it had gone unused a while. The connections between Link and PC are all copper, but it was still jittery and laggy, even after I turned the settings down. So the Link will go unused for a little while yet, I think.

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Injustice 2 is running a free online beta test through November 10th: http://store.steampowered.com/app/707830/Injustice_2_Online_Beta/
    Mixed reviews re: performance, but apparently the netcode is good. No practice mode in this beta though, so good luck.

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Speaking of free games, Ubisoft is giving away Watch_Dogs 1 for free until November 13th through Uplay: https://freetrial.ubisoft.com/promotions/watch-dogs-1/8/
    It says free trial, but you get to keep it forever.

• KadithKadith Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Speaking of free games, Ubisoft is giving away Watch_Dogs 1 for free until November 13th through Uplay: https://freetrial.ubisoft.com/promotions/watch-dogs-1/8/

it's still a rip off.

zkHcp.jpg
  • EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I've been playing L.A. Noire

Man, this thing is weird

Like the animation is still super impressive, but it's stuck on awful looking textures, which makes the whole thing look just terrible

I'm wondering if I should have waited for the re-release, but eh

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I don’t think the rerelease will look much better, honestly.

The face capturing stuff still looks amazing but it’s always gonna be tied to the character animation and it looks... unnatural as a result.

Crippl3 wrote: »

I’ll be back when they’re willing to pay me

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Wow, what the shit? I figured "free Watchdogs is better than no Watchdogs" so I clicked the link and it wanted me to update my UPlay widget, so I let it.

I've bought and paid for Far Cry 3, Blood Dragon, and Far Cry 4.

Apparently I actually own AssCreed 3, Beyond Good and Evil, TWO copies of Blood Dragon, Prince of Persia: The Sands Of Time, Rayman Origins, The Crew, and Splinter Cell.

Watchdogs is "coming soon".

I'm not gonna complain about free games, but how on Earth?

Check your purchase history. My Uplay account got hacked, maybe yours did too.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Can't buy stuff with zero money!

EDIT: It's saying my "order history" is empty.

Maybe I got a bundle some time and completely forgot about it? Or they've just been crediting games to my account because I'm such a wonderful and lovely person?

Donovan Puppyfucker on
This discussion has been closed.