As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX AUS 2017 Proxy

luckycharmluckycharm Perth, AURegistered User regular
edited January 2018 in Pinny Arcade
Hello All,

Happy October!!! I am once again doing Aus Proxy.
The AUS Pins have been announced! https://www.penny-arcade.com/pinny-arcade/news-post/pax-aus-pin-quest

***Update: HOPEFULLY LAST UPDATE- GET YOUR ORDERS IN!!
I have changed the cost of the pins to reflect the exchange rate/shipping. If a vender is selling their pin for $15 instead of the $20, refunds will be given of $5 per correction. Some venders did not respond to my price inquiry.
If a pin costs $20 AUD, the price is adjusted $17 USD. The core sets remain at a guess of $35, same price as last year.

THE LIST:
AUS Core Set 2017 - $35
Mighty Machine (Mighty Games) - $17
Shooty Cutie Cat (Mighty Games) - $17
Think of the Children (Surprise Attack) - $17
Orwell (Surprise Attack) - $17
Crossy Chicken (Hipster Whale) - $17
Crossy Mickey (Hipster Whale) - $17
Hand of Fate 1 (Defiant Development) - $17 and includes a HoF1 Key
Hand of Fate 2 (Defiant Development) - $17 and includes a HoF1 Key
Doggo (Checkpoint) - $25
Forts Eagle Empire Insignia (Earthwork Games) - $17
Cute Samurai (Samurai Punk) - $17
28 Plays Later (Kris Straub) - $22
Blockpocalypse: Shark (Dime Studios) (pin only or with game) - $17
Paperville Panic UFO (Ultimerse) - $17
Framed 2 (Loveshack Entertainment) - $17
1 of everything = $303

**The only pins not up for purchase through Proxy is the Limited Edition pin, Ashen and Florence Pins (Annapurna Interactive), and Mighty Machine and Shooty Cutie Cat (Mighty Games).

Q & A:
What is The PAX Proxy?
Each PAX has had a volunteer, someone to buy pins for people who are not in a pin group. People who would only like a certain pin or cannot guarantee that they will be able to go to a PAX that year.
Will the Proxy get me ALL the pins??
The Proxy will purchase all the pins available for money IE: Core sets and 3rd Party pins. The exception is the Limited Edition pin or ‘Time Sink’ pins. Since the Merch Desk only sells 2 pins per person, the Proxy cannot guarantee the ability to gain a LE for each person they are proxy for. At the end of Pax Aus, I may have some special pins to trade but this is done separate to me being a Proxy.
Can I also get some of the AUS Merch?
YUP! I have bought and shipped the foam dice and beer glasses. We don't get those prices until the very last minute, but ask and we will make it work. If you do NOT order pins with merchandise, this is okay, you'll pay sticker price of the item.
How many people can the Proxy buy for?
There is no limit to the number of people I will proxy form. In 2015, I was the AUS Proxy for 16 people. In 2016, I had over 50 people. Some wanted only the Australian Set, some wanted 1 of everything, some wanted multiples of one pin while obtaining none of another.
How do I pay the Proxy?
Each proxy can request the money in different ways. I use Google Wallet and have never had any trouble with it. Set up an account now to give time to link credit cards or troubleshoot any issues.
What if I live in Canada?
Unfortunately, Google Wallet does not accept payments from Canada. (If this has changed, please let me know!) I had a special arrangement with 2 Canadians, so if you fall into this category, send a PM.
When do you have to have the money?
The proxy sets the deadline each PAX. My deadline is the Thursday before PAX. If you are having issues, contact me and we can talk about it.
What about the Exchange Rate?
Since the exchange rates can fluctuate, it can get confusing. Since most of you pay me in US dollars, I use the difference to pay for the shipping and don’t add extra cost to you. This balanced out last year.
When do I get my pins?
Once PAX is over, I pack each individual box with your order plus any swag I may have obtained. All the US boxes go into a single box to reduce shipping costs and travel to an address in the US. Once my mom…yes, my mother, gets the box, she will mail each box individually to you. It will take about 3-4 weeks.
How Can I Trust You?
I have been the Aus Proxy for 2 years, and everyone got their pins. I have never had anyone complain about their order. If there are any concerns, I have plenty of positive trades on the Pinny Pals website as well. Many of the Pinny Community has met me in person at Aus and South.
What happens to the money left over after the exchange rate?
Any money extra from the USD to AUS dollar conversion will be donated to Child’s Play after all pins are mailed out. If you do not know of Child’s Play: Child's Play is a charitable organization that donates toys and games to children's hospitals worldwide. It was founded in 2003 by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins, authors of webcomic Penny Arcade. http://childsplaycharity.org/
I’m deathly afraid of spiders. What happens if one gets in my box?
Run. Burn the house down. Save the Pins.

In Summary:
If you want pins, send me a message. Tell me what pins you want me to buy for you. In terms of payment, do NOT panic. It's really easy. Set up a Google Wallet account now if you do not have one. I don't get much of the money or orders until the Wed or Thurs before PAX. Some people tell me the order before prices, and some wait until last minute. The most important thing is that you have told me you are interested. I will now keep you in the loop with PM's. Before Oct 27, tell me what your order is. I will confirm your order and send a PM with the amount according to what prices have been listed by twitter and FB. These numbers are ferreted out by other amazing pinny people on social media. The only time I have guessed cost of pins was the Core Set (which traditionally been very last minute) and pins that venders were selling on the side from previous years. Once you have the 'invoice', pay google wallet to me. Please put your forum handle in the comments to save my brain. I will confirm by PM that I have received the money and confirm your shipping address you have given me at some point. Confirm the address, and sit back & relax. You will receive your pins around Thanksgiving time, shipping takes about a month.
It is Australia, the other side of the world!

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to post or PM me with your questions. Take care and as always-
YAY PAX!

~Luckycharm~

*Update Jan 4th- Final totals is $100 US donated to Child's Play! Mainly because several companies where doing 2 or more pins, and they have a deal 1 for 20 or 2 for 35 or such savings. When this happens, the excess covers any calculating shipping errors and then donated to Child's Play.

luckycharm on