As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warframe] thread. Gonna make sweet love to my Corinth.

• KelorKelor Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    ok I finally did the dumb butt MR9 test and bought a synoid heliocor

I have the cat cooker in the oven right now, and need 7 more codes

I fucking hate cats but by god I will have one soon

Can you still scan teammates' Kavats?

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Kelor wrote: »
    ok I finally did the dumb butt MR9 test and bought a synoid heliocor

I have the cat cooker in the oven right now, and need 7 more codes

I fucking hate cats but by god I will have one soon

Can you still scan teammates' Kavats?

not for codes

only feral, and I don't think you can scan nekros zambonies either

Does it work with rivens that the harder the condition the better the mod?

Because man do I have a couple of pistol mods that must be god like if that is the case.

Does it work with rivens that the harder the condition the better the mod?

Because man do I have a couple of pistol mods that must be god like if that is the case.

no, condition is irrelevant to the actual mod

the worse the weapon, the better the mod though

• Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular

I fucking hate cats

Good choice

• BlainBlain Registered User regular
    Forar wrote: »
    You know, I don't really fashionframe much.

There's no way falling down this particular rabbit hole could possibly go wrong. >.>

It's a line we all must walk. I started darkening the red on some of my frames to make them a little less eye bleeding. And I did break down and buy Mesa her correct hat.
    g4wkp856nu9e.jpg
    She's my main focus earner, so I play her a lot. There was a blue Mesa in a defense mission and they were a glorious pair.

Also she's the only frame I bothered to assign a stance to.

Also I can't stop putting forma into that Lex Prime.

• dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    One booster and 3 forma later, my Tigris Prime is officially "stupid". Need to stuff 2 more into my Boar to get it running, but until I figure out how to deal with the absurd ammo consumption... Meh.

I think the Hek is a little easier to use due to spread, but the Tigris sure does send things flying.

Spent this afternoon opening all my riven mods.

GQaUdxr.jpg

• OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    Anyone have advice as to the most fundamental things that help push you to feeling comfortable in Lvl 40+ content?

I feel like I have a reasonable grasp of most of the game's mechanics, but working through Sedna/Mot Sector Void has demonstrated that my go-to "powerful loadout" isn't really up to snuff, though I can still struggle through and complete missions. Is it largely a matter of putting greater consideration on what factions you're going against and choosing the appropriate weaponry? Or do I kinda need to just grind out sweet mods in Lua?
    @metaghost
    Maxing out weapon mods and having good warframe setups are essential

Damage typing can also make a big difference against factions. Against the Grineer, due to how ungodly powerful armor is for damage mitigation, having weapons with both corrosive and radiation damage are highly recommended (unless you can guarantee being in a 4 man group with corrosive projection) - I typically bring a fast firing weapon like the Braton or Soma prime modded for Corrosive damage to mow through mooks and I have a heavy sidearm modded for high Radiation to deal with the heavy hitters like Bombards, Napalms, etc (which is, of course, personal preference. Use whatever weapon setup you think works best for you.). Against Corpus, stuff like Magnetic for shields, Viral/Toxin for meat units, and Corrosive for MOAs are typically going to cover all your bases. Infested can be dealt with with Heat, Slash, and Gas for fodder units and Corrosive/Blast for heavies. The Void mobs are a mix of units from all 3 factions (typically mooks from Corpus and Grineer, heavies from Grineer and Infested) so plan accordingly. i would say overall the most universally useful two damage types are probably Corrosive and Radiation, due to armor having such strong scaling at higher levels on enemy units (with corrosive helping against that) and the sheer prevalence of Grineer heavies combined with their threat.

Every warframe and weapon has 3 preset mod loadouts you can set up ahead of time so i would use that to create different elemental loadouts/ frame loadouts based on who you're going up against/what mission objectives there are.

I would also recommend trying to set up groups for getting corrupted mods from Orokin Derelicts with Dragon Keys, since those contribute to a lot of Warframe optimization and even partial ranks in some of those can go a long way. Very few Warframes get full value out of all 4 stats (Power, Range, Duration, Efficiency) and it's usually possible to get a decent setup that has good bonuses in at least 2 or 3 of those. as other people mentioned, it's generally a better idea to focus on strengthening areas in which your given warframe already excels instead of trying to patch weaknesses.

As always, getting forma/catalysts/reactors help you fit in said mods.

• FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular

GQaUdxr.jpg

Keep the Castanas. Re-roll everything else.
    Foefaller wrote: »
    I've had my Saryn focused for maxing spores (max range high power neg efficiency) which, while amazing for endless missions, not so much for anything else, and I'm not sure if I know how to play her otherwise.

For a generalist Saryn you want a good balance between range, power efficiency, power strength and duration. Regenerative Molt is the key ability while the others mostly serve as occasional "problemsolvers".

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    Kohm and Sobek are my two underappreciated shotguns.

Kohm for volume, Sobek for Acid Shells that create 60% max health splash damage.

Sobek was my go-to right up until I got Vaykor Hek. It’s just crazy good for an early-game weapon from the market. Even without particularly flashy mods, it hits like a truck full of hammers.

"Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I've got a Saryn p and Ember that I keep thinking about maining for harder stuff, but I always fall back on old faithful Rhino p. He's not fancy but he can do just about anything.

What is this I don't even.
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Nidus is bae. Prettiest, tankiest, murderiest, fuzziest and most orange of all my frames.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Basil wrote: »
    Nidus is bae. Prettiest, tankiest, murderiest, fuzziest and most orange of all my frames.

I love his ult so much. Something about creating a glowing, alien patch of infested flora that spits out cute lil maggots just warms my heart.

JtgVX0H.png
  • FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited November 2017

GQaUdxr.jpg

Keep the Castanas. Re-roll everything else.
    Foefaller wrote: »
    I've had my Saryn focused for maxing spores (max range high power neg efficiency) which, while amazing for endless missions, not so much for anything else, and I'm not sure if I know how to play her otherwise.

For a generalist Saryn you want a good balance between range, power efficiency, power strength and duration. Regenerative Molt is the key ability while the others mostly serve as occasional "problemsolvers".

I was kinda joking.

Anyhoo, can I get a reinvite back into the clan? Think my latest burnout is over with.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    I have a 5 forma Kohm that I love.

I also really like Nezha and think that his safeguard augment makes him much more than a poor man's Rhino.

Chroma and Inaros are also top frames of mine.

I'll probably switch to Gara long term though once it's out on consoles because 90% DR is better than a damage shield.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Anyone else feel like the Hate is too short? Looks weird.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »

Kinda looks more like it was meant to be a Khopesh, but I don't know if the other scythes in the game are two-handed weapons. Maybe that's just how Space Ninja Scythes look.

I like my Hate though.

38thDoe wrote: »

Kinda looks more like it was meant to be a Khopesh, but I don't know if the other scythes in the game are two-handed weapons. Maybe that's just how Space Ninja Scythes look.

I like my Hate though.

All current scythes in the game are pretty small, yeah. They all look weird to me

JtgVX0H.png
    hey, my kitter actually has pretty neat coloration and good ears, gotta wait to see what tail he gets

• HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Stalker decided to visit me yesterday during a survival mission. It was the second time since I began playing Warframe. Yet, this time he was kind enough to leave me a Dread blueprint after I managed to avoid being killed and we succeeded in melting his face. 5 out of 5, would be stalked again.

HiT BiT on
    I'm fairly sure they're inspired by japanese handscythes. In which case it's a pretty long scythe.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    yeah, hate is pretty close to a kusarigama

• ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    I still can't believe I have over a thousand hours in this game and still don't have Despair. (aside from the hopes of ever finding a fulfilling relationship, but that's usually not game related...)

Also, invite sent, Foefaller.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
    I still can't believe I have over a thousand hours in this game and still don't have Despair. (aside from the hopes of ever finding a fulfilling relationship, but that's usually not game related...)

I'd give you one of my like 30 Despair or 50 Dread blueprints if I could. Still haven't gotten Hate to drop yet, despite nearly 2000 hours in the game.

JtgVX0H.png
    edited November 2017
    I'd happily trade you a spare Hate blueprint for it (since I have one) if we could do such a thing.

Plus a handful of Dreads (I think I sold a bunch off ages ago while short on credits) and 5 War bp's.

At this point whenever I get an extra War I just take it as the game trolling me.

Forar on
  • BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    So....there should be some more items going into the Vault soon, right?

Any thoughts on what they might be?

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    So....there should be some more items going into the Vault soon, right?

Any thoughts on what they might be?

According to the wiki, people are expecting Sayrn, Spira Prime and Nikana Prime, but that's based on the pattern of release and vaulting, not any official sources, as far as I'm aware.

• DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular

If it makes you feel any better, the first time Despair dropped for me, some pubbie asshole intentionally failed the mobile defense.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
    Does anyone else feel that it's weird that none of Gara's signature weapons are suitable for long ranges? It's like they went "Hey. Lets make this Plains of Eidolon frame have weapons that are terrible in the plains of eidolon".
    I mean, I like both the Astilla and the Fusilai, but they're not the best weapons for the plains of eidolon.

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Oh despair.... I despair that you haven't dropped. Though I haven't popped stalker in a while either. Wish you could buy those tokens with plat.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
    Does anyone else feel that it's weird that none of Gara's signature weapons are suitable for long ranges? It's like they went "Hey. Lets make this Plains of Eidolon frame have weapons that are terrible in the plains of eidolon".
    I mean, I like both the Astilla and the Fusilai, but they're not the best weapons for the plains of eidolon.

I've had great success with the Astilla at long range, also while flying at long range.

JtgVX0H.png
    Darmak wrote: »

I've had great success with the Astilla at long range, also while flying at long range.

I'm not saying the Astilla doesn't work at range, but considering that it has falloff AND traveltime it definitely excels at shorter ranges. Clearing out hives or purging a grineer galleon, that's the work the Astilla was born to do.

The condition on my Riven mod from completing War Within says:

"Complete a LvL. 30+ Extermination without being detected while wearing an Extinguished Dragon Key."

I, uh, guess I won't be doing that any time soon.

If it makes you feel any better, the first time Despair dropped for me, some pubbie asshole intentionally failed the mobile defense.

No jury (that plays Warframe) would convict you.

"Complete a LvL. 30+ Extermination without being detected while wearing an Extinguished Dragon Key."

Loki + Silent weapon or 'all weapons are silent' mod and a hard hitting weapon? Level 30 isn't too bad as long as you have access to a weapon that does 'fuck off' levels of damage.

Regarding the plains, my first bounty was run using Ember with my trusty Ignis Wraith.

All following missions were run with the Soma Prime instead. I'm sure there are plenty of other awesome options, but I've already got 3 formas in it, so few things stand up to more than a cursory burst unless I'm on one of the top bounty tiers.

• Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular

You can do it with Ember with enough enemy radar. I don't believe World on Fire triggers enemies

To be clear, I've been playing for... ~3 weeks. So I'm not really saying "I can't comprehend this challenge", as much as it's a factual statement that it will take time to put myself in a position to take it on.

Like...I don't have Loki or Ember. And I decided to "maximize" the experience and start my own clan, so making Dragon Keys is maybe the most out of reach component of the whole shebang.

Ahhh, yeah, being short on options does make that a bit extra challenging.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    There's also the have someone complete the challenge for you than trade it back option. I'm not too proud to do it.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    I volunteer as tribute

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
This discussion has been closed.