As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Tickets for sale PAX EAST 2018?

• Bunta_FujiwaraBunta_Fujiwara Albany, NYRegistered User regular
    11am-4pm for me is blocked PAX refresh time

zmYaVYP.png
  • TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    starNOstar wrote: »
    jdixon1972 wrote: »
    Yeh, me too. I think as of now 2:44pm EST, we can count today out.

I didn't think it'd be today at all since it's election day, but I wouldn't count it out at only 2:45pm EST!

Yeah, tickets have gone on sale at 3pm EST many times.

Not exactly many but any time between noon and 3pm has been fair game in the past. Twice at 3pm, once at 2:30PM, twice at 1:30PM, Once at 1pm, Once at noon and I can't find a timestamp for the first East.

Edit: Source for anyone curious. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KXHdgnv_RzFAPI8dW4YL1iTp50oLeJsrinu7YEvjpFQ/edit#gid=0

TopherRocks on
  • WuShockWuShock Lawful Good South BrownbackistanRegistered User regular
    *gets tea*
    *sits at computer*
    *stretches arms*
    8 am PST. Good luck today, everybody.
    *F5 INTENSIFIES*

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• casstronautcasstronaut Boston, MARegistered User regular
    jdixon1972 wrote: »
    Yeh, me too. I think as of now 2:44pm EST, we can count today out.

I didn't think it'd be today at all since it's election day, but I wouldn't count it out at only 2:45pm EST!

Yeah, tickets have gone on sale at 3pm EST many times.

Not exactly many but any time between noon and 3pm has been fair game in the past. Twice at 3pm, once at 2:30PM, twice at 1:30PM, Once at 1pm, Once at noon and I can't find a timestamp for the first East.

Edit: Source for anyone curious. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KXHdgnv_RzFAPI8dW4YL1iTp50oLeJsrinu7YEvjpFQ/edit#gid=0

Okay, instead of saying "many," I should have said, "Tickets have gone on sale at 3pm EST before." :P

• Parsons_PhotographyParsons_Photography Registered User regular
    Almost 12pm here EST. Let's get our F5 finger some exercise today!!!

• yutani sanyutani san MaineRegistered User regular
    I feel like today is the day. If not today it must be tomorrow. Thankfully it wasn't earlier this week, Ive been sick with strep or so they thought and im getting sicker by the day but can't take anymore time off work so... only brightside is being in front of computer all day and can monitor Tweet Deck <3

My guess is today, 1:30pm EST. Or maybe its just what Im hoping for.

yutani san wrote: »
    I feel like today is the day. If not today it must be tomorrow. Thankfully it wasn't earlier this week, Ive been sick with strep or so they thought and im getting sicker by the day but can't take anymore time off work so... only brightside is being in front of computer all day and can monitor Tweet Deck <3

I still think it will happen tomorrow, but it doesn't hurt to keep refreshin!! lol (btw, hope ya feel better!)

• starNOstarstarNOstar Buffalo, NYRegistered User regular

I still think it will happen tomorrow, but it doesn't hurt to keep refreshin!! lol (btw, hope ya feel better!)

Agreed, HOPING it's today to be done with lol, but my guess is tomorrow

5fhxvn385q28.png
  • Frame_lossFrame_loss Registered User new member
    Pax Unplugged is next week, Thanksgiving the week after. Historically they go on sale on Wednesday. Pax East Tickets go live today. That is my guess.

• SolanalesSolanales CMYKMatter Registered User regular
    Definitely going with tomorrow, but refreshing endlessly has become therapeutic at this point

P0P7S6y.png
    Frame_loss wrote: »
    Pax Unplugged is next week, Thanksgiving the week after. Historically they go on sale on Wednesday. Pax East Tickets go live today. That is my guess.

That is why I also think today. Tomorrow could be possible and Friday too but I think today is like 60% chance and tomorrow 40% chance. Just from my experience over the years. With the exception of last year they went up early it seemed and I was super unprepared but made it work. This year so much waiting and time is running out.

Agreed, HOPING it's today to be done with lol, but my guess is tomorrow

Totally! I want this done and over with. I don't feel like doing this for the next 2 weeks. (Although I would have to force myself anyways) I hope it's today, I'm so pumped and I am ready to purchase these tix! lol

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Anyone know how picky is the 4 per person limit enforced?

I need to try to buy 4 tickets for Fri/Sat for my family of 4, but a friend that's a nurse asked if my wife could help her get 2 tickets for Saturday (since our jobs have more freedom to drop work and order tickets).

If I order 4 and the wife orders 2 (shipped to the friend's house, but using our billing address) is that likely to get flagged?

I need to try to buy 4 tickets for Fri/Sat for my family of 4, but a friend that's a nurse asked if my wife could help her get 2 tickets for Saturday (since our jobs have more freedom to drop work and order tickets).

If I order 4 and the wife orders 2 (shipped to the friend's house, but using our billing address) is that likely to get flagged?

It more than likely will due to the 4 per household limit. Can always try but yeah i'd guess that'll get hit

P0P7S6y.png

It *MAY* since it's the same billing address. I've never personally run into this issues since my group has always been 3 or 4 people. But Know of some people having trouble due to same billing address or even same IP address (which seems absurd to me me). Might be safer if she can use her friends billing address/card

5fhxvn385q28.png
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Yeah - with the unknown sales date we just didn't want to carry around the friend's credit card indefinitely. I'll have to talk to her tonight - IP address wouldn't be an issue since we don't work at the same location (assuming it's business hours that they go on sale), but honestly I don't want to put our tickets at risk for a favor.

I mean the other option is writing down the information. I know that's maybe uncomfortable for some, but all you really need is the billing address, card number, expiration date, and CCV

P0P7S6y.png

How about sending HER tickets to her own address??

• Bunta_FujiwaraBunta_Fujiwara Albany, NYRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    How about sending HER tickets to her own address??
    The poster's issue is the billing address, not mailing address

Bunta_Fujiwara on
    zmYaVYP.png
  • ItaraItara Registered User regular
    I got a warning last year for exceeding the 4 person limit and It wasn't even same shipping address. I think it might have been because I bought them on the same IP address but I'm not sure.

Itara wrote: »
    I got a warning last year for exceeding the 4 person limit and It wasn't even same shipping address. I think it might have been because I bought them on the same IP address but I'm not sure.

well darn :/

Itara wrote: »

I still think the same IP address is absurd. Most of us are at work when passes go on sale, and being on the same IP address so I'm sure I'm not the only trying for passes here

5fhxvn385q28.png
    Almost 3pm here EST, THERE'S STILL HOPE.

Well... heres hoping for tomorrow then.

Yep...sticking by my tomorrow prediction. Catch ya tomorrow F5 crew =P

P0P7S6y.png
    Well... heres hoping for tomorrow then.

It has to be tomorrow at this point. It has to be.

• VermillionDeVermillionDe Registered User regular
    All signs point to tomorrow, the hint the dropped, the timing, the next two weeks. It'll be tomorrow.

Im still gonna bank on 1:30 though, it just feels right lol. The only time I hope its not is 12:30 because im usually still on lunch (from delaying it a few minutes in case noon drop)

Im still gonna bank on 1:30 though, it just feels right lol. The only time I hope its not is 12:30 because im usually still on lunch (from delaying it a few minutes in case noon drop)
    Um, for PST the tix sell between 9:00am to noon and for EST it's noon to 3pm. I hope you aren't confusing the times because we don't want you to miss out

Um, for PST the tix sell between 9:00am to noon and for EST it's noon to 3pm. I hope you aren't confusing the times because we don't want you to miss out

Unless you are talking about for tomorrow lol

• Drowning RabbitDrowning Rabbit New HampshireRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    All signs point to tomorrow, the hint the dropped, the timing, the next two weeks. It'll be tomorrow.

What hint are you referring to? I'm really curious now.

I mean maybe 1:30 PST? That would be 4:30 EST which is still an hour away.

Drowning Rabbit on

As far as I know they only released tix between 9am and 12pm PST only. Which is also 12pm and 3pm EST. Someone posted a chart somewhere in this thread that references to what I am saying.

As far as I know they only released tix between 9am and 12pm PST only. Which is also 12pm and 3pm EST. Someone posted a chart somewhere in this thread that references to what I am saying.

I'm familiar with the history of releases, but I'm just saying that they may have been referring to 1:30 PST.

East time, see Im in Maine. Also 6 year PAX veteran :) Im quite familiar with the times haha. 12-3 is when tix will be up, east coast. Thanks though.

edited November 2017

Look at the official pax twitter feed (not the badges one) they released a really weird tweet earlier this week in reference to pax east. A few people deciphered that it was in reference to a webcomic, with the specific reference from a comic that released on november 9th 2015. Most people think it's an intentional hint. I think you can find it on page 2 of this thread.

I can also confirm the 12 - 3pm range on EST. That's always my check window (starting at 11:30)

VermillionDe on

East time, see Im in Maine. Also 6 year PAX veteran :) Im quite familiar with the times haha. 12-3 is when tix will be up, east coast. Thanks though.

Oh okay, sorreh! lol

edited November 2017

Look at the official pax twitter feed (not the badges one) they released a really weird tweet earlier this week in reference to pax east. A few people deciphered that it was in reference to a webcomic, with the specific reference from a comic that released on november 9th 2015. Most people think it's an intentional hint. I think you can find it on page 2 of this thread.

I can also confirm the 12 - 3pm range on EST. That's always my check window (starting at 11:30)

Ah, yes that horrible tweet that everyone had mini-heart attacks about. Not even parsing the text, just that it was a tease. I guess I should have spent more than a few moments fuming about it and actually read it! At least my only meeting tomorrow gets out around Noon (EST)!

Drowning Rabbit on
  • Canderson1989Canderson1989 Registered User regular
    Today is the day right folks?

• Titan222Titan222 Registered User regular
    Today is the day right folks?

Today has to be the day!!! Good luck to everyone.

Yeah, I'd bet money they're going to drop today. Pax checker on, twitter feed up, pg rated reference to select muscles clenched. My body is ready for the pax ticket rush.

This discussion has been closed.