As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Chimera's Midweek Movie Monster Mash! [b-movies from 80's and 90's]

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Chimera wrote: »
    Also the line that scans upward is just the warp distortion tool on Premier Pro. I put it in an adjustment layer and also added noise to the layer. To get the chromatic aberration just take your video and make three copies of it on separate layers and make them so only one of the three RGB colors are at 100% on each one with one layer for each of the three colors. Once you do that set the blending mode to screen and then off set on of the layers size so that instead of scaled 100% it is 102%. I recommend using the green or blue layer.

Fantastic. Thanks!

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    ChimeraChimera Monster girl with a snek tail and five eyes Bad puns, that's how eye roll. Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    Also the line that scans upward is just the warp distortion tool on Premier Pro. I put it in an adjustment layer and also added noise to the layer. To get the chromatic aberration just take your video and make three copies of it on separate layers and make them so only one of the three RGB colors are at 100% on each one with one layer for each of the three colors. Once you do that set the blending mode to screen and then off set on of the layers size so that instead of scaled 100% it is 102%. I recommend using the green or blue layer.

Fantastic. Thanks!

Anything for a fan. <3

:P

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Coincidentally this came up on my recommended videos on YouTube this week.

YouTube, you know me so well...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWHaG_uCvEA

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    ChimeraChimera Monster girl with a snek tail and five eyes Bad puns, that's how eye roll. Registered User regular

I have that whole album. <3

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    evilbob wrote: »
    I've sent Chimera a list of 80s Ozploitation films so hopefully we can get some REAL culture in this shitshow soon

Did you send BMX Bandits?

...go on. Tell me more. Is it like Mad Max but in a skate park?

I didn't suggest BMX Bandits since i thought it was well known in the US! It's like an Australian Goonies, with a group of neon-clothed kids (including a young Nicole Kidman) who ride BMX bikes and foil villains.

Here's the entire 'critical reception' for it on Wikipedia:
    The film was released in the UK. The Guardian wrote: "there's a girl called Nicole Kidman who's rather good".

So I already have the line ups set for the next two weeks but I am thinking that the 29th will be an Australia night and even have aussie themed music and commercials.
    (Get ready to be offended as they will be for fosters and outback steak house and trailers for crocodile dundee)

So if you want some actual Australian ads from that period which are way better than anything pseudo-Australian like Fosters and Outback, I have a lot of memories from my own "watching VHS recordings of films off TV" days I can draw on

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Check out FlemishDog on YouTube. He collects vhs rips of Aussie tv adverts and other 80s/90s errata. The only challenge might be that he has a very large collection. But if you're looking for something he's very likely to have it .

• Options
    Brutal JBrutal J Sorry! Sorry, I'm sorry. Sorry. Registered User regular
    Will try to catch this next time. My vote for a movie to add to the list: "The Stuff"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUzkghAJXZg

• Options
    evilbob wrote: »
    I've sent Chimera a list of 80s Ozploitation films so hopefully we can get some REAL culture in this shitshow soon

Did you send BMX Bandits?

...go on. Tell me more. Is it like Mad Max but in a skate park?

I didn't suggest BMX Bandits since i thought it was well known in the US! It's like an Australian Goonies, with a group of neon-clothed kids (including a young Nicole Kidman) who ride BMX bikes and foil villains.

Here's the entire 'critical reception' for it on Wikipedia:
    The film was released in the UK. The Guardian wrote: "there's a girl called Nicole Kidman who's rather good".

So I already have the line ups set for the next two weeks but I am thinking that the 29th will be an Australia night and even have aussie themed music and commercials.
    (Get ready to be offended as they will be for fosters and outback steak house and trailers for crocodile dundee)

So if you want some actual Australian ads from that period which are way better than anything pseudo-Australian like Fosters and Outback, I have a lot of memories from my own "watching VHS recordings of films off TV" days I can draw on

It will likely be a mix of the two. :D
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    Check out FlemishDog on YouTube. He collects vhs rips of Aussie tv adverts and other 80s/90s errata. The only challenge might be that he has a very large collection. But if you're looking for something he's very likely to have it .

Will do!

• Options
    Brutal J wrote: »
    Will try to catch this next time. My vote for a movie to add to the list: "The Stuff"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUzkghAJXZg

That's a good recommendation, if it is on youtube I will try to get it in during the future. Right now I can only air videos from youtube but in the future I may start getting other stuff included and build playlists from scratch off of youtube but that will take a lot of time and effort and may also no longer be free for me. Haha.

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Chimera last night was amazing and reminded me what it was like to be a starry eyed child watching HBO long after I was supposed to be in bed because Parents didn't understand age ratings in the 80s.

HOWEVER.

I'm 35 and I am so fucking tired right now and had to be "on" at work and I blame you for any poor diet choices I made.

Next Wednesday I'm calling it at 11.

Also you rock

If you move to NZ it stops at a very reasonable 10pm the day before.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Yeah, but you miss out on the earlier stuff. :( Sad I missed Raw Force, that is an excellent film.

• Options
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    Yeah, but you miss out on the earlier stuff. :( Sad I missed Raw Force, that is an excellent film.

Don't worry. after a month or two films that were on an early time slot will get recycled into a late time slot and vise versa! Just keep an eye out for the release posters to see the order of the movies. Typically it goes MOVIE-MOVIE-SHORT-MOVIE-SHORT-SHORT-MOVIE with a music video in between each. The first movie to air is on the left side of the movies section on the poster and the last is on the right. Same for shorts and music videos. For example here is this coming wednesday's line up....

udq5bhzpzso1.png

• Options
    edited November 2017
    @21stCentury helped me out and did a pixel art of my face for the stream logo and I then built logo around it. I also decided it would be fitting to make a VHS tape out of it as the place holder image for when the stream isn't up. What do you guys think?

dp9v5zbiz3p0.png

66dci4dooe6n.png

btw, here is the image that 21st did that I used in the logo...

04xo7ukuulfw.png

Thanks again for your help 21st! <3

Chimera on
  • Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    I haven't read the whole thread, but I sure hope Night of the Comet was mentioned.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    I haven't read the whole thread, but I sure hope Night of the Comet was mentioned.

I don't think it has and if I can get a hold of it I will get it on the list, sounds interesting!

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Can I just mention how proud I am of @21stCentury ? His art is so good now and he’s come such a long way with tons of dedication.

You’re awesome, hon :heartbeat:

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited November 2017

OMFG - Rock & Rule. I haven't watched that movie in over a decade.

EDIT --

Let me make sure I am getting this straight. Is this like a group-stream watching old 80's/90's TV and Movies together kind of thing? Because if it is, sign me up!

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    MagicPrime wrote: »

OMFG - Rock & Rule. I haven't watched that movie in over a decade.

EDIT --

Let me make sure I am getting this straight. Is this like a group-stream watching old 80's/90's TV and Movies together kind of thing? Because if it is, sign me up!

Yep, that's the concept.

• Options
    Great. Now I have to go back through and awesome all these posts.

• Options
    Great. Now I have to go back through and awesome all these posts.

Haha, thanks! It'll be a quick read. It's mostly me shamelessly promoting this event. Lol

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I might be at my new job or running errands after and miss the first chunk of this. We'll see! I'll at least be around for the latter half, though.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Reynolds wrote: »
    I might be at my new job or running errands after and miss the first chunk of this. We'll see! I'll at least be around for the latter half, though.

Cool beans, come and go as you please! I go with a long format so that people who can't get on until later or who cant stay on till the end but can get on early get a chance to participate in at least part of the steam. <3

• Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    BMX Bandits was on steady rotation on cable movie channels in the US in the late 80s.

https://youtu.be/zFuMpYTyRjw

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    I rewatched They Live recently.

what a weird f'ing movie that is

• Options
    InvectivusInvectivus Registered User regular
    Don’t you mean the greatest movie ever made?

• Options
    j1ou0lf77mou.jpg

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Chimera you might have too much free time on your hands

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

As this is only happening once a week, one could say not enough free time.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    This is happening tonight?

I imagine Neil Breem is a bridge too far. Fateful Findings is... The Room becomes Schlindler's List.

• Options

Have you played Saints Row 4?

There are lots of They Live references including a cameo by Roddy Piper voice-acting as himself.

• Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular

Have you played Saints Row 4?

There are lots of They Live references including a cameo by Roddy Piper voice-acting as himself.

That sequence was utterly fantastic. Especially since I had spent a lot of my second playthrough taking out dudes with wrestling moves.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Yo what's the lizard monster got for tonight's viewing enjoyment? I can't even look in till after 11, but i want to know what I'm missing.

• Options
    edited November 2017
    This movie left scars as a child.

t045k3e5gbjo.png

MagicPrime on
  • Options

I think this rad af intro I just built in Adobe After Effects says otherwise....

https://youtu.be/ImyfbSGWgfk

• Options
    This movie left scars as a child.

t045k3e5gbjo.png

Yeah but chicks dig scars! <3
    This is happening tonight?

I imagine Neil Breem is a bridge too far. Fateful Findings is... The Room becomes Schlindler's List.

Absolutely is! 9pm EST/6pm PST! <3
    Sleep wrote: »
    Yo what's the lizard monster got for tonight's viewing enjoyment? I can't even look in till after 11, but i want to know what I'm missing.

First off, I'm not a lizard. I'm a snek, get it right! :snap:

Secondly... THIS! <3

5u3qi5tz2oyp.png

• Options
    I always get The Peanut Butter Solution mixed up with this weird kids' movie where the main boy rides off holding the beard of a giant floating wizard head. Yeah. Never been able to remember the name of that one...

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Do you remember Lady In White? Where the kid keeps seeing the little girl get murdered? That one messed with my head as a kid too....

• Options
    Do you remember Lady In White? Where the kid keeps seeing the little girl get murdered? That one messed with my head as a kid too....

You know I haven't actually ever seen that.
    Reynolds wrote: »
    I always get The Peanut Butter Solution mixed up with this weird kids' movie where the main boy rides off holding the beard of a giant floating wizard head. Yeah. Never been able to remember the name of that one...

It is imperative you find out the name of this movie just so we can have more wizard heads in the stream.

• Options
    Well, that was way easier than I thought it would be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwtrfTwE1V0

uyvfOQy.png