As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Tickets for sale PAX EAST 2018?

• Options
    yutani sanyutani san MaineRegistered User regular
    Today is the day right folks?

Sure hope so, it feels like the day. But even feeling prepared I still always panic mode when the alerts actually go off lol.

• Options
    Parsons_PhotographyParsons_Photography Registered User regular
    Today HAS to be the day! I literally can't wait any longer! My F5 finger is going to get some exercise today! lol

• Options
    SolanalesSolanales CMYKMatter Registered User regular
    No matter how much i prep and know the motions and all and know i'm ahead of the game, i will always launch in to panic in the moment..

P0P7S6y.png
  • Options
    tamerasuckstamerasucks Boston, MARegistered User regular
    I heard someone on twitter saying they were dropping today? Not sure how legit, but they said someone on here confirmed it, which I'm also not sure about.

• Options
    I heard someone on twitter saying they were dropping today? Not sure how legit, but they said someone on here confirmed it, which I'm also not sure about.

Several people feel that way but there has been no confirmation nor would they ever give a confirmation I don't think.

P0P7S6y.png
  • Options
    iltailta Registered User regular
    Solanales wrote: »

Several people feel that way but there has been no confirmation nor would they ever give a confirmation I don't think.

Well, they did announce ahead of time one year. The servers utterly melted. I doubt they'd do it again, but the hint they gave (if it's a hint and not just them messing with us) feels like an interesting way to try to soft-announce.

• Options
    casstronautcasstronaut Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Yeah, I'd bet money they're going to drop today. Pax checker on, twitter feed up, pg rated reference to select muscles clenched. My body is ready for the pax ticket rush.

What's your experience with PAX Checker? If the tweet is pushed before the website code, isn't it useless? I assume the code would be pushed first, but I have a few friends who believe the tweet comes out first. We're talking a matter of milliseconds probably, but how much of a heads up does it actually give?

P.S. I know nothing about coding so please don't crucify me for my ignorance, thx.

• Options
    VermillionDeVermillionDe Registered User regular
    What's your experience with PAX Checker? If the tweet is pushed before the website code, isn't it useless? I assume the code would be pushed first, but I have a few friends who believe the tweet comes out first. We're talking a matter of milliseconds probably, but how much of a heads up does it actually give?

P.S. I know nothing about coding so please don't crucify me for my ignorance, thx.

We learn by asking questions, so I wouldn't fault anyone for not knowing. In years past I hadn't used it, though I'm trying it out this year. However this year there's an extra wrinkle because the PAX checker will check the PAX Official twitter page, which is not where badges will be posted (presumably not first at least). If they update the site first, or showclix posts first, then it'll be useful. If they update their twitter feed first, you'll encounter a delay. They do say right on the PAX checker though, don't use it as your main source of information. So either way, keep F5ing those websites!

• Options
    Bunta_FujiwaraBunta_Fujiwara Albany, NYRegistered User regular

I've used it 3 years now. It's always notified me they were on sale, not worse or better than the official twitter in terms of timing. I use it just because I love having as many alerts for something like this as possible.

zmYaVYP.png
  • Options
    @VermillionDe @Bunta_Fujiwara Thanks, guys! I read that there is additional functionality that will put you in the queue automatically. If true, I can see how that would be super helpful. Although I don't understand how that's possible if the URL isn't published ahead of time -- how does the app find it?? :? Oh, technology...

• Options
    @VermillionDe @Bunta_Fujiwara Thanks, guys! I read that there is additional functionality that will put you in the queue automatically. If true, I can see how that would be super helpful. Although I don't understand how that's possible if the URL isn't published ahead of time -- how does the app find it?? :? Oh, technology...

I've never actually been at the computer running it when tickets go on sale. The last 3 years I've been at work and luckily not being busy. So I just the get the notification and direct link to the tickets. I think it puts your PC browser into the queue though,

zmYaVYP.png
  • Options
    I use several different layers of notifications just to make sure one of them works. That being said my afternoon is completely clear so i'll probably be doing the tried and true F5 spam method. I feel like in the past years i've been in the queue before the tweet so take that for what you will. I have no real experience with PaxChecker. I just use visualping, twitter, and 30 second autorefresh on my second monitor.

P0P7S6y.png
  • Options
    ilta wrote: »
    Well, they did announce ahead of time one year. The servers utterly melted. I doubt they'd do it again, but the hint they gave (if it's a hint and not just them messing with us) feels like an interesting way to try to soft-announce.
    That year was horrible. Was at work, and the PAX and Onpeak sites were both beyond overloaded. It just shows one reason why you cant announce in advance.

zmYaVYP.png
  • Options
    tamerasuckstamerasucks Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    I’ve never used PaxChecker but I would assume it alerts you based on whenever the code of the site is updated, or something along those lines. I’m at school constantly checking my phone and refreshing my PC when I should be working, but it’s fine.

tamerasucks on
  • Options
    I just use Tweet deck on my work computer so I figure between the tweet pop up and sound on my computer AND the mobile notification I wont miss it. I have done this for years with no problems. Only thing is the stupid "test" tweets they are doing show up on the tweet deck so I get a slew of those popping up every so often lol. But it also lets me know the pax people are out and about doing things and gives me some hope. Nothing yet today.

• Options
    GooseyGooseGooseyGoose Registered User regular
    what website are you refreshing for showclix? any help would be appreciated. thanks.

• Options
    what website are you refreshing for showclix? any help would be appreciated. thanks.

The showclix link is not known until they post it if i recall correctly. I think PAX Checker checks showclix for any new shows posted that have the word pax in them

zmYaVYP.png
  • Options
    LoonyEclipseLoonyEclipse WWHRD? Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    ilta wrote: »
    That year was horrible. Was at work, and the PAX and Onpeak sites were both beyond overloaded. It just shows one reason why you cant announce in advance.

Onpeak was the worst of the two by far- they were so overloaded, you couldn't CALL them to book (Yes, you could make phone bookings at the time)- the entire system was melting down.

Pissed me off, too- as I had a room at the seaport set up and it melted down just before I clicked 'confirm'

My pin lanyard
    PSN: L00nyEclip
    Steam: Loony Eclipse
    Twitter: @Loonyeclipse

8hQBw4O.png
  • Options
    gwnluv22gwnluv22 Registered User regular
    If it is not today, I just might actually die from anxiety......plus I have gotten no work done this week ...eek!...lol

ijetwpfodsxf.png

• Options
    gwnluv22 wrote: »
    If it is not today, I just might actually die from anxiety......plus I have gotten no work done this week ...eek!...lol

I swear to god it has to be today, i'd lose my s*** if it didn't. ;_;

• Options
    gwnluv22 wrote: »

I swear to god it has to be today, i'd lose my s*** if it didn't. ;_;

I'm boned if it's tomorrow, I'll have to rely on airplane wifi!

zmYaVYP.png
  • Options
    ogbaogba Registered User regular
    Refreshing showclix or pax east registration?

• Options
    Refresh pax east an the pax badges twitter.

It'll be today.

• Options
    T-15 minutes until possible tickets :) Everyone get ready

• Options
    WOAH, everyone is refreshing so much the page is slow now.... It was refreshing just fine until 12pm EST...

• Options
    harleyquinn228harleyquinn228 Registered User regular
    The pax site just lagged like crazy at the stroke of 12 EST. REFRESH GAME STRONG

• Options
    Yeah, site went down for about 45 seconds.

• Options
    WOAH, everyone is refreshing so much the page is slow now.... It was refreshing just fine until 12pm EST...

Massive crawl, the people know. The people are ready lol.

I wonder if the ones in charge are laughing at making us wait even longer XD

• Options
    Damn dudes! (Excuse my language)

• Options
    ogbaogba Registered User regular
    This is reaching the point of insanity

• Options
    yutani san wrote: »

Massive crawl, the people know. The people are ready lol.

I wonder if the ones in charge are laughing at making us wait even longer XD

THEY BETETR NOT ;_;

• Options
    I hope they considered that server test and are increasing capacity accordingly.

• Options
    gwnluv22gwnluv22 Registered User regular
    Wow! feel the lag....the people are ready!! lol

ijetwpfodsxf.png

• Options
    It was either everyone booting up software at once, or them getting ready to make changes to the site. The lag doesn't seem to be persisting.

• Options
    It was either everyone booting up software at once, or them getting ready to make changes to the site. The lag doesn't seem to be persisting.

Ugh I hope they are updating. This needs to happen noaw lol

• Options
    Omg I got a tweet update from Markiplier and I almost fainted.....

• Options
    builderr0rbuilderr0r Registered User regular
    I'm ready.
    IaLG69W.gif?noredirect

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I've never refreshed so much in my life. They are driving me insane ;_;

• Options
    Well pack in for the long haul, at worst there's still about 2 and a half hours of this.

• Options
    edited November 2017
    https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/928670550590918656
    Come on PAX (this is a pic not the PAX site)

Parsons_Photography on
This discussion has been closed.