As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Twilight Imperium: 4th edition - Game #1: And they're off!

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    I really enjoy shooting my pdses, but I can forgo that pleasure for a TG @brody

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    1 TG to @Mojo_Jojo for blatant bribery.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    @Brody immediately returns me my Support for the Throne promissory note, losing him 1 point.

No action cards from me, but I will be using my Space Cannon. @Mojo_Jojo to decide if he wants to shoot as well.

@Elvenshae this is also your chance to declare retreats. There is no reason for this to get any bloodier than it has to. I want you to know that we still consider the Creuss friends, and thank them for opening the way to Mecatol Rex. We will surely keep them at our right hand in the empire of the Letnev.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

Orders sent.

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    1 TG to mojo_Jojo for blatant bribery.

Agreed

Orders placed, I guess? I don't really have orders, just "Take the planet".

@Elvenshae since we've both placed our orders, do you want to just roll your PDS?

Normal target for PDS 2 is 5, but Lerner has Antimass Delfectors, so ...

Geth, roll 1d10t6

1d10t6 0 [1d10t6=2]

Geth roll 3d10t6 for Cruisers attack
    Geth roll 2d10t9 for Fighters attack

Cruisers attack:
    3d10t6 2 [3d10t6=1, 9, 8]
    Fighters attack:
    2d10t9 1 [2d10t9=1, 9]

Wow, now the rest of my rolls will be shite.

I believe it goes to @Elvenshae to try and shoot down landing forces?

Wow, now the rest of my rolls will be shite.

I believe it goes to @Elvenshae to try and shoot down landing forces?

edited November 2017
    Normal target for PDS 2 is 5, but Letnev has Antimass Delfectors, so ... let’s see if I️t works better this time.

1 GF dies on the way down.

Geth, roll 1d10t6

1d10t6 1 [1d10t6=6]

Elvenshae on
    edited November 2017
    Oh, also, my carrier shoots before I️t blows up.

Geth, roll 1d10t9 for CV STRIKE

CV STRIKE:
    1d10t9 0 [1d10t9=1]

Elvenshae on
    On to rolling Ground Forces then.

MrBody shows me as having GFII, but I'm almost 100% certain that is wrong, so I'm going to roll the two I have left as 8+

Geth roll 2d10t8 for Mortal Kombat!

Mortal Kombat!:
    2d10t8 1 [2d10t8=7, 8]

Actually, I'm bad at counting, and I had 4 GF to start, losing 1 to the cannon on the way in.

Geth roll 1d10t8 for Mortal Kombat: Take 2!

Mortal Kombat: Take 2!:
    1d10t8 0 [1d10t8=3]

Waiting on @Elvenshae to roll defenders?

Sorry, @Brody - I figured you would roll the defenders, like I did with Preda's defense.

Geth, roll 3d10t8 for D-FENCE!

D-FENCE!:
    3d10t8 0 [3d10t8=7, 2, 2]

I'll go ahead and roll my next round of defense, as well.

Geth, roll 2d10t8 for WHOM WHOM WHOM

WHOM WHOM WHOM:
    2d10t8 1 [2d10t8=8, 1]

Sorry, I can do that if this keeps going.

Geth roll 3d10t8

3d10t8 2 [3d10t8=4, 10, 8]

Nope. Letnev claims Mecatol Rex./b]

I believe it's @Preda next.

It would probably help if you two actively declared your losses so that MrBody doesn't need to go through the rolls

Creuss Losses: Everything on Mecatol Rex.

• MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Hm....looks like I gave Infantry II in addition to Cruiser II to Letnev on page 18 by mistake. Fixing.

Update in a couple hours.

• PredaPreda Registered User regular
    Activate Winnu system. Play "Flank Speed- Select the system that you just activated using the command token. Increase the speed of all vehicles traveling
    into the system by 1."

Now sabotage ballet start. @Elvenshae and @Mojo_Jojo for shenanigans. @Brody @MrBlarney and @Hedgethorn for knowledge...

Activity log
    from Creuss taking Winnu up to right before Preda's play.

Creuss gives 1 TG to Letnev
    Creuss gives 4 TG + trade agreement to Jol-Nar in exchange for research racial note
    Creuss plays Infiltrate card to take over Winnu dock and pds
    Creus exhausts Sakula, Lazar, Arnor, and Creuss to build flagship, 4 fighters in Winnu. Destroyer scrapped
    Jol-Nar activates Sakula, plays flank speed card. Move in the carrier with two ground forces from Wellon,Move in the carrier and Dreadnaught with two fighters and a ground force from Abyz/Fria
    Jol-Nar gives 2 commodities to Arborec
    Creuss retreats cruiser to Arnor
    Jol-nar wipes out Creuss infantry, no losses

Arborec plays Technology, researches PDS II, Plasma Scoring, exhaust Nestphar, Resculon, Gral.
    Jol-nar plays tech (-1 SP). Research gravity drive, space dock II, exhaust Abyz & Nar.
    Winnu play tech (-1 SP). Research dreadnought II. Exhaust Lodor, Thibah, spend 1 TG.
    L1z1x play tech (-1 SP), exhaust homeworld, research Super dreadnought II
    Letnev Activate Mecatol Rex (-1 TP). Move 3 Cruisers and 1 Fighter from Arc Prime, Picking up 1 GF from New Albion, 1 GF from Starpoint
    1 Carrier From Mexar Xull with 2 GF and 1 Fighter.
    Letnev gives 1 TG to Jol-nar
    Letnev loses 2 infantry, Creuss wiped out. Mecatol taken.

edited November 2017
    No sabotaging here

*flicks lightswitch on and off*
    FIGHT
    FIGHT
    FIGHT

Mojo_Jojo on
    No Sabotage.

Also, Letnev Claims SECRET OBJECTIVE!!! "Spark a rebellion - Win a combat against a player who has the most victory points. 1 VP"

Sorry, Elvenshae, you were literally the only target that would fulfill that requirement. Would a TG salve the pain of losing a system?

edited November 2017
    Round 4 - Action Phase

Map
    U7NjQmFm.png
    full map

(unit visual reference)
    (max component restrictions per player: 8 destroyers, 8 cruisers, 4 carriers, 5 dreadnoughts, 2 war suns, 5 PDS, 3 space docks)

Objectives
    I - Lead from the Front - Spend a total of 3 tokens from your strategy and/or tactics pool. 1 VP Jol-Nar
    I - Diversify Research - Own 2 technologies in each of 2 colors. 1 VP
    I- Develop Weaponry - Own 2 unit upgrade technologies. 1 VP Creuss Letnev L1z1x
    I- Negotiate Trade Routes - Spend 5 trade goods. 1 VP Jol-Nar
    I- Erect a Monument - Spend 8 resources. 1 VP
    II- ???
    II- ???
    II- ???
    II- ???
    II - ???

Victory Track
    MrBlarney - 1
    Elvenshae - 3
    Mojo - 2
    Hedgethorn - 1
    Brody - 2
    Preda - 1
    Technologies
    Ciz5AvY.png

Promissory notes (any player may give these to another. "Black player" is just the example; insert your own color)
    Race specific promissory notes (only the stated race may give these)

Player mats

MrBlarney
    7 action cards
    1 secret objective
    Creuss promissory: Cease Fire- After the Creuss player activates a system containing your units: The Creuss player cannot move units into that system. Then, return this note to the Creuss player
    HIJtXqm.png

Elvenshae
    5 action cards
    1 secret objective
    Letnev promissory note: Support from the throne. Gain 1 victory point. If you activate a system containing Letnev's units, lose 1 victory point and return this card to the Letnev player.
    L1z1x promissory: Cease Fire- After the L1z1x player activates a system containing your units: The L1z1x player cannot move units into that system. Then, return this note to the L1z1x player
    Jol-Naw promissory: Research agreement- After the Jol-Nar player researches a technology, you may research the same technology. Then, return this note to the Jol-Nar player
    c5m8eTq.png

Mojo
    6 action cards
    1 secret objective
    L1z1x promissory note: Cybernetic Enhancements- Play at the start of your turn, Remove 1 token from the L1z1x player's strategy pool and return it to his reinforcements. Then, place 1 command token from your reinforcements in your strategy pool. Then return this card to the L1z1x player.
    Arborec promissory: Cease Fire- After the Arborec player activates a system containing your units: The Arborec player cannot move units into that system. Then, return this note to the Arborec player
    Arborec promissory note: Trade Agreement- When the Arborec player replenishes commodities: the Arborec player gives you all of his commodities. Then return this card to the Arborec player.
    Letnev promissory note: Political Secret- When an agenda is revealed: The Letnev player cannot vote, use action cards, or use faction abilities until after the agenda has been resolved. Then return this card to the Letnev player.
    Creuss promissory note: Trade Agreement- When the Creuss player replenishes commodities: the Creuss player gives you all of his commodities. Then return this card to the Creuss player.
    kzkEfxO.png

Hedgethorn **Speaker**
    4 action cards
    2 secret objectives
    Committee Formation- Law- Before players vote on an agenda to elect a player, the owner of this card may choose a player to become elected instead.
    Winnu promissory note: Support from the throne. Gain 1 victory point. If you activate a system containing Winnu's units, lose 1 victory point and return this card to the Winnu player.
    tjD8bop.png

Brody
    7 action cards
    0 secret objectives
    1 claimed secret objective
    Winnu promissory: Cease Fire- After the Winnu player activates a system containing your units: The Winnu player cannot move units into that system. Then, return this note to the Winnu player
    L1z1x promissory note: Trade Agreement- When the L1z1x player replenishes commodities: the L1z1x player gives you all of his commodities. Then return this card to the L1z1x player.
    zGpsHO1.png

Preda
    1 action cards
    2 secret objectives
    Letnev promissory: Cease Fire- After the Letnev player activates a system containing your units: The Letnev player cannot move units into that system. Then, return this note to the Letnev player
    Arborec promissory note: Support from the throne. Gain 1 victory point. If you activate a system containing Arborec's units, lose 1 victory point and return this card to the Arborec player.
    lrqvGgZ.png

Preda Leadership 1
    MrBlarney Politics 3
    Elvenshae Construction 4
    Mojo Trade 5
    Hedgethorn Technology 7
    Brody Imperial 8

MrBody on
    I should be down to six action cards after blowing my flank speed. Otherwise my sheet looks good

• MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Oh, my! No Sabotages here...

4463rwiq7r47.png
    I have only 1 AC left.

• HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    No sabotage.

edited November 2017
    @MrBody

I have 3 action cards remaining.

@Brody

You could have waited a turn, and then @Mojo_Jojo would have been a viable target. :D

No sabotages for @Preda 's turn.

Elvenshae on
    No Sabotage.

Also, Letnev Claims SECRET OBJECTIVE!!! "Spark a rebellion - Win a combat against a player who has the most victory points. 1 VP"

Sorry, Elvenshae, you were literally the only target that would fulfill that requirement. Would a TG salve the pain of losing a system?

Not particularly, especially given it's the one I just handed you. I'd rather you spend it in pursuit of attacking Winnu or Jol'Nar.

Than, Carrier from Lodor With both Fighter and the GF moves through Zohbat and pick up another GF than goes in to Winnu. From Zhobat both Dreadnoght (1 carrying a GF the other carring a fighter) and a Cruiser move to Winnu and finally the drednought and GF from Thibah move in too. (everything but a fighter on Zhobat and the things stuck on Torkan moves in). Let's open the dances. I've given ny orders to the Host, but substantially, ALL IN!

@Elvenshae to react
    @MrBody to roll the battle after shenanigans.

edited November 2017
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    No Sabotage.

Not particularly, especially given it's the one I just handed you. I'd rather you spend it in pursuit of attacking Winnu or Jol'Nar.

Why should Letnev attack me? we have a ceasefire and I'm dead last...

Preda on
    Geth, roll 1d10t6 for PDS on Winnu

PDS:
    1d10t6 0 [1d10t6=2]

Okay, seriously, someone needs to check the calibration on these spaceguns ...