As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

East 2018 [Registration] has BEGUN

2»

• PoliticianPolitician Registered User regular
    jayh0va wrote: »

Thank you! Where did you get the link from?

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Politician wrote: »

It was at the end of registration, but is also posted on the official_pax twitter and in the hotel thread on these forums. Also now available on east.paxsite.com under travel

• jayh0vajayh0va Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Politician wrote: »

It was at the end of registration, but is also posted on the official_pax twitter and in the hotel thread on these forums. Also now available on east.paxsite.com under travel

That

npyymaqh3gup.png
  • SolanalesSolanales CMYKMatter Registered User regular
    Got my tickets, but couldn't get into the Aloft/Element/Seaport =\

Saw the Westin was up like once or twice with random days, odd.

Ended up in the Renaissance. Weirded out that I didn't get a confirmation email for the hotel...

Check your spam...gmail filtered it there for me
    yutani san wrote: »
    On the hotel is says "No Shuttle" but if I remember it always says this and I always freak out a bit, its the same place I always stay and always shuttle #1, just a glitch?

It always says that.... and we always freak out...and then there are always shuttles lol

P0P7S6y.png
  • LedaXILedaXI Chicago, ILRegistered User regular

Ended up in the Renaissance. Weirded out that I didn't get a confirmation email for the hotel...

Check your spam folder. That's where my email ended up.

• yutani sanyutani san MaineRegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    yutani san wrote: »
    On the hotel is says "No Shuttle" but if I remember it always says this and I always freak out a bit, its the same place I always stay and always shuttle #1, just a glitch?
    I believe this is because PAX provides shuttles, not the hotels themselves. I doubt that the shuttle routes have significantly changed from last year.

Thanks! I think this as well but just wanted to be sure. I book far away because of the fantastic shuttle service and save a couple bucks :)

• iltailta Registered User regular
    My hotel confirmation email also went to spam. So if you didn't get any, check that soon before it auto-deletes.

• rpgamer246rpgamer246 Registered User regular
    I just want to thank pelicanflip and vemillionDe for the hotel link in the previous thread, I was able to snag a 4 occupancy Element room from wed-sun just has passes came up, and PAXChecker got me in que so fast for the tickets that checking out with them was a breeze

• starNOstarstarNOstar Buffalo, NYRegistered User regular
    Tickets for myself and crew acquired, and a room at the Element!

Question for those who booked a hotel thru onpeak.. Did you get an email confirm afterwards? I have in the past, but booked about an hour ago and still no confirm in my email. I've printed my confirmation just in case but like to have an official email

5fhxvn385q28.png
  • rpgamer246rpgamer246 Registered User regular
    starNOstar wrote: »

Question for those who booked a hotel thru onpeak.. Did you get an email confirm afterwards? I have in the past, but booked about an hour ago and still no confirm in my email. I've printed my confirmation just in case but like to have an official email

Check your spam? I got an email from onpeak for my element room immediately and I also ordered right around 3

• builderr0rbuilderr0r Registered User regular

I didn't get one yet and I was worried. But at least you can sign into your Onpeak account and see your reservation. I'm sure the email confirm will come eventually.

steam_sig.png
  • pelicanflippelicanflip Registered User regular
    builderr0r wrote: »

I didn't get one yet and I was worried. But at least you can sign into your Onpeak account and see your reservation. I'm sure the email confirm will come eventually.

Mine came in, but for some reason this year, it was put into my Spam folder (using Gmail). Had to fish it out of there, but my confirmation email came pretty quickly after placing my reservation. Maybe double check?

• MelSnyMelSny New JerseyRegistered User regular
    Got Tickets for just Sat this year since I'm currently pregnant and due in early March...Hoping I feel up to a little PAX by April!! Havent missed a PAX East since my first year in 2011.

signature.png

"You want to kill me? You couldn't even kill my boredom" - Roronoa Zoro (One Piece).

Attending PAX East since 2011.
  • starNOstarstarNOstar Buffalo, NYRegistered User regular
    It also went into my spam folder for some reason, but I got it! Thanks guys!

5fhxvn385q28.png
  • Drowning RabbitDrowning Rabbit New HampshireRegistered User regular
    Solanales wrote: »

Check your spam...gmail filtered it there for me
    Hooray! Thanks! That is exactly what happened.

• builderr0rbuilderr0r Registered User regular
    Same. Thanks!

steam_sig.png
  • SolanalesSolanales CMYKMatter Registered User regular
    Word on Twitter is that Saturdays took about an hour to sell out. Faster than last year.

P0P7S6y.png
  • SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    Solanales wrote: »
    Word on Twitter is that Saturdays took about an hour to sell out. Faster than last year.

It is always hard to tell since badges pop back up once carts expire, but they lasted a bit longer than an hour. Pax sent the tweet that they were all in carts at 1:08 but Saturdays kept popping back up for a while after that. Even now one pops back up every now and then. I would say it was roughly the same 1.5 hours as last year, maybe a bit faster at 1.25 hours.

IhtGIyi.png
  • drakuldragondrakuldragon Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    bought sunday tickets for my first ever pax east! i'm hoping to catch the acq inc show but I guess I'll see when it gets announced. looking forward to it either way :)

b3dyisb2mkd7.png

DOTS RPG Project - Guild Master Jess | @dotsrpg

• jdixon1972jdixon1972 Registered User regular
    Got my tickets and a room at the Omni Parker! Can't wait!!!!!

• TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    My hotel reservation landed in my spam too. Weird.

• facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    Fuck, was hoping registration would open in like a month once I'd gotten settled after moving. Right now it's hard to afford tickets and plan ahead. Guess I'll revisit the idea later.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • maxspazmaxspaz Registered User new member
    edited November 2017
    How do I register I'm not being asked for my information? It goes to that vitual cue then back to the previous screen. Do I have to register for this show clix thing?

maxspaz on
  • whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    I just used the link from the Paxsite page (here) and it worked just fine for me. Browser problem perhaps?

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    It's time for my Badge Sellout graph. I would have posted this earlier, but Thursday and Sunday didn't sell out until the show started (or at all in Thursday's case). This is a plot of the sellout times for each badge type at PAX East. Note that the Y-axis is logarithmic in minutes (so the polt is meaningful for all Days). Thursday doesn't show up, because there weren't 2 years to draw a line for it. But on this plot, it would be identical to Sunday. Sunday only sold out within an hour of Thursday starting, which would make the difference less than 1 pixel.
    bkfl6cea6uu5.png
    As you can see, Saturday has been and continues to be the most desirable day by far. It looks like the addition of Thursday may have even further eased the demand for the Friday and Sunday, pushing their sellout even further. Friday took twice as long to sell out as 2017 and Sunday took 3 times as long. It's interesting because PAX West only sees that separation for Monday, and that only became significant in 2017.
    xk3xfbeujl4n.png

• iltailta Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    I gotta figure Unplugged also was a factor here. I could definitely see people in the northeast deciding to only do one of the two.

ilta on
  • YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    ilta wrote: »
    I gotta figure Unplugged also was a factor here. I could definitely see people in the northeast deciding to only do one of the two.

I think South might have been a factor too in the past. If you look at the 2015 numbers. South 2015 went on sale, then the East badges take longer to sell out. Then South 2015 happens, and turns out not to be huge like West or East, then the next East sells out faster.

• jdixon1972jdixon1972 Registered User regular
    I don't think any individual event hurts the others. I guess, in the long run, it gives people who wouldn't normally have a chance, a chance to go. With PAX East going 4 days now, expanding the brand has hurt that at all.