As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Star Wars]: The Last Jedi - A completely uncontroversial film. TAG SPOILERS

• KarlKarl Registered User regular
    FINN VS PHASMA

Yes, this is what I want. No force bullshit. Just two badass's beating the shit out of each other. YESSSS

• nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    The fact that it happens in the trailer
    All but confirms to me that it doesn't really happen in the movie. Im still putting all my money on Luke being the Yoda of this movie so I suppose it's possible that Rey will try to leave and that Luke will be a bit more pushy about trying to get her to stay than Yoda was but we'll see.

Quire.jpg
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    OH MY GOD

They just showed a new TV spot during World Series Game 7

Spoilers
    Rey totally had her lightsaber pulled on Luke

Oh my goddddd

that wasn't really what it looked like to me

Confirmation bias

That's what I want to see

honestly it looks like another throwback
    they're in the cave, luke is warning her about what happened to him when he took his blaster

• DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    The fact that it happens in the trailer
    All but confirms to me that it doesn't really happen in the movie. Im still putting all my money on Luke being the Yoda of this movie so I suppose it's possible that Rey will try to leave and that Luke will be a bit more pushy about trying to get her to stay than Yoda was but we'll see.
    I imagine Luke seeing the OT very differently, and that causing tension. Luke is the guy who lost friends and family to a war that didn't solve anything, and had to face a world where he was just as powerless as everyone else to solve the problems of the universe, but everyone refuses to believe that because they think Jedi and Luke in particular is supposed to be the fix to everything.

• DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular

I have a longstanding gripe about people in sci-fi almost never wearing jewelry, or wearing really boring stuff.

• Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    Spoiler alert Snoke also has gold space slippers:

pZztHOc.jpg

Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Get a job, Snoke! The bums will always lose!

dd27e2476af23b617dd4091c5d35fc60--hobo-chic-beige-cardigan.jpg

SiliconStew on
    Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Snoke abides.

• Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    He’s got a rug in his throne room. It really ties the place together.

Wait...does that mean Hux is Walter and Kylo is Donnie?

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    Spoiler alert Snoke also has gold space slippers:

pZztHOc.jpg

He just got out of the golden space shower, give the man a break.
    If he wants to lounge around a bit, let him lounge.

• JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
  • LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Jimothy wrote: »

hmmm

i mean, from everything i've heard so far it'd be pretty good

although i wonder if it'd be more like the batman trilogy where he gets to go off and work on some of his own stuff in between films

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Hmm, Rian Johnson doing it makes me cautiously interested.

Star Wars is a big setting, so I hope he can make some films that are truly separated from the "main" films.

• AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Holy crap

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    It is entirely divorced from the Skywalkers and will feature all new characters

I AM IN

CYpGAPn.png
  • TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    Super excited by that and retroactively more excited for Last Jedi if Disney is that happy with Johnson.

• AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    It is entirely divorced from the Skywalkers and will feature all new characters

I AM IN

Rian Johnson to remake the prequels

• Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    No release dates have been set for the new films, and no porgs were available for comment.

Haw haw.

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Variety wrote:
    Disney has just closed a deal with director Rian Johnson to develop a new “Star Wars” trilogy, and it is planning a live-action “Star Wars” TV series to air on its entertainment streaming service that is expected to launch by the end of 2019.
    http://variety.com/2017/biz/news/star-wars-tv-series-disney-streaming-service-1202611408/

Sweeney Tom on
  • CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Ah, there's the way they're going to take a break from doing X-XII for a while.

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Well shit

That's your "buy our service, assholes" killer app right there

CYpGAPn.png
    edited November 2017
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Well shit

That's your "buy our service, assholes" killer app right there

For people without kids, anyway

For people like me, with two, it was going to be an inevitable necessity

Ceno on
  • JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    That article also says it’ll be significantly cheaper than Netflix, which is already very affordable

I absolutely believe Disney could afford to run this service with a loss

That article also says it’ll be significantly cheaper than Netflix, which is already very affordable

thank you disney overlords for having mercy on me

I look forward to visiting my soul in the vaults underneath disneyworld whenever I can get a few thousand dollars together to buy tickets for the fam

• ani_game_bumani_game_bum Optimistic, Rule-Breaking Nice Guy The Final World/DestinationRegistered User regular

BOLD PREDICTION TIME:

-Trilogy is set in the (pre-Empire?) Old Republic era, let's sayyyyy 300 years prior to Episode I

-Yoda will be in the trilogy

-A desert planet will be involved somehow

-a minimum 50-being (non-CGI) all-out lightsaber battle will happen for the climax in the final film between whatever good vs. evil faction is established (Jedi vs. Sith, or whatever)

steam_sig.pngPSN: ani_game_bum Battle.net ID: Anigamebum#1354 Genshin UID: 660694297 Switch FC: SW-2127-8288-6505 Steam Wishlist

BOLD PREDICTION TIME:

-Trilogy is set in the (pre-Empire?) Old Republic era, let's sayyyyy 300 years prior to Episode I

-a minimum 50-being (non-CGI) all-out lightsaber battle will happen for the climax in the final film between whatever good vs. evil faction is established (Jedi vs. Sith, or whatever)
    Stop predicting terrible things.

Quire.jpg
  • GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    I may have short-circuited a bit when I read that news while out with my friend

I am here for a Johnson-crafted new trilogy

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    As long as his trilogy has lightsabers (and TLJ isn't immensely disappointing), I'm down

• ani_game_bumani_game_bum Optimistic, Rule-Breaking Nice Guy The Final World/DestinationRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017

BOLD PREDICTION TIME:

Search your feelings, you know these things will come to pass...

ani_game_bum on
    steam_sig.pngPSN: ani_game_bum Battle.net ID: Anigamebum#1354 Genshin UID: 660694297 Switch FC: SW-2127-8288-6505 Steam Wishlist

BOLD PREDICTION TIME:

As long as his trilogy has lightsabers (and TLJ isn't immensely disappointing), I'm down

I'm really hoping for no light sabers.

Quire.jpg
  • ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    Has Joseph Gordon Levitt been cast in a Star Wars movie yet?

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Star Wars without lightsabers and the Force is like what's being discussed in he movie thread, Aliens without xenomorphs

Pointless, just do another franchise

Do a Star Trek or something

No lightsabers, only cortosis blades

Star Wars without lightsabers and the Force is like what's being discussed in he movie thread, Aliens without xenomorphs

Pointless, just do another franchise

Do a Star Trek or something

Star Wars has a lot of cool and interesting things that have nothing to do with light sabers. Id also like to see other ideas for the force.

Quire.jpg
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Thetheroo wrote: »
    Johnson has confirmed JGL has a cameo in The Last Jedi as the voice of an alien

• ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    Thetheroo wrote: »
    Johnson has confirmed JGL has a cameo in The Last Jedi as the voice of an alien

Ha

Nice

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    So, we're totally up for another Star Wars trilogy that's not Star Wars.

This discussion has been closed.