As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Calling 2018 Cosplayers!

MelSnyMelSny New JerseyRegistered User regular
I've been a PAX East cosplayer since 2012! Something I look forward to every year and put a lot of work into. This year I am currently pregnant and expecting very early in March... My husband and I got Saturday passes in hopes that I will be up for at least one day of PAX as I cant imagine a year without PAX East! That being said .... I might be living vicariously through your cosplays this year!

So give me the details! Who are you cosplaying as?

Also if there are any people new to cosplay in general or just new to cosplay at PAX East feel free to ask questions! We have to support each other!

signature.png

"You want to kill me? You couldn't even kill my boredom" - Roronoa Zoro (One Piece).

Attending PAX East since 2011.

• Options
    builderr0rbuilderr0r Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Current ideas are...
    • Valkyrie from Thor Ragnarok
    • Symmetra from Overwatch
    • Kamala Khan/Ms. Marvel or Kairi from Kingdom Hearts 2

builderr0r on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    VGguy49VGguy49 Registered User regular
    I'm thinking of doing Crono (Chrono Trigger) and Chrom (Fire Emblem Awakening), if anyone else is doing someone from those games.

Wishes he could change his username
  • Options
    ZeroHourHeroZeroHourHero Allentown, PARegistered User regular
    I'm thinking of cosplaying this year, just haven't decided on what. It'd be my first Cosplay in 18 years. Doing this thing lately where I get back in touch with bits of me that I lost along the way to 33.

• Options
    I'm thinking of cosplaying this year, just haven't decided on what. It'd be my first Cosplay in 18 years. Doing this thing lately where I get back in touch with bits of me that I lost along the way to 33.

You should definitely go for it! And you have plenty of time to plan. :)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    VGguy49 wrote: »
    I'm thinking of doing Crono (Chrono Trigger) and Chrom (Fire Emblem Awakening), if anyone else is doing someone from those games.

I'd love to know if anyone else is doing someone from Fire Emblem especially.

• Options
    UnakiUnaki Registered User new member
    One currently planned cosplay, another already done and confirmed. The Red Mage from FF14 (Done) and the Zinogre Z armor set from Monster Hunter.

• Options
    Princess_KaylinPrincess_Kaylin Registered User new member
    I am going as Princess Celica but I am trying to bug my boyfriend into wearing his Prince Alm costume instead of his Captain N The Gamemaster costume.

• Options
    Evie AppleEvie Apple Registered User regular
    So excited! I'm going all Arkane this year. The Outsider from Dishonored on Friday, and Morgan Yu from Prey on Saturday. Still deciding on Sunday but maybe that's casual day. :)

• Options
    builderr0r wrote: »

You should definitely go for it! And you have plenty of time to plan. :)

I agree!!! You really should. I like what you are doing, getting back in touch with pieces of you.

signature.png

"You want to kill me? You couldn't even kill my boredom" - Roronoa Zoro (One Piece).

• Options
    I am going as Princess Celica but I am trying to bug my boyfriend into wearing his Prince Alm costume instead of his Captain N The Gamemaster costume.

I still need to play Echoes. Came out at a busy time for me but now I still need to get it.

• Options
    ZeroHourHeroZeroHourHero Allentown, PARegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Alright, well, can anyone give me some idea based on my face? I was leaning towards Cassidy from Preacher, or Mr. Edward Nygma himself.

I cant think of any gaming characters I think I can pull off, and this is no disrespect to other cosplayers (you do you), but I personally, for myself preferred cosplaying characters I resembled, when I was younger I had long crazy black hair, so I would make it all poofy and pompy and go out as Spike Spiegel, or let it flow and be Alucard.
    SY3z3Hq.jpg

ZeroHourHero on
  • Options
    SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I saw the following image a few weeks ago, and have since picked up all the parts I need to convert my Green Ranger cosplay into the new form.
    I'll probably pick up a fabric version of the Dragon Shield shoulder pads as they'll be easier to maneuver in, and won't be as terrible to travel with as the massive foam ones I currently have.
    89c29496a7321535347c742386945211.jpg

• Options
    Nara_HaleNara_Hale Registered User regular
    I'll only be there Sunday, but I'll probably go as Joker from Persona 5, or Yukiko from Persona 4! I have both cosplays, and I've never worn Yukiko to a con before, but Joker is a little more fun!

• Options
    Alright, well, can anyone give me some idea based on my face? I was leaning towards Cassidy from Preacher, or Mr. Edward Nygma himself.

I cant think of any gaming characters I think I can pull off, and this is no disrespect to other cosplayers (you do you), but I personally, for myself preferred cosplaying characters I resembled, when I was younger I had long crazy black hair, so I would make it all poofy and pompy and go out as Spike Spiegel, or let it flow and be Alucard.
    SY3z3Hq.jpg

I think either two you said would work. I will ask my husband about other game type recommendations. He's better at it then I am! I just make them haha.

signature.png

• Options
    NuttyTwitchy22NuttyTwitchy22 CTRegistered User new member
    Hi! I'm still new to displaying and this is actually my first Pax East so I'm super excited! I'm 22 and I decided to try to cosplay as Aloy from Horizon Zero Dawn. My only problem is affording a costume since I don't know if I'm talented enough to do one from scratch. I've never attempted it before.

• Options
    MephistoN7MephistoN7 Sexual Tyrannosaurus Keene, NHRegistered User regular
    The miss and I are choosing an interesting pairing this year (not committed to what on what days yet)

1. Male Pokemon Trainer and his Litten
    2. Female Pokemon Trainer and her Snorlax
    3. Blofeld and Rosa Klebb

erdub14zr3u2.png

• Options
    JonnyRuckusJonnyRuckus Best in the World/Ghostbuster New HampshireRegistered User regular
    I've been doing Ghostbusters at PAX East since 2010, gonna be doing the same thing for 2018 lol

• Options
    MimiiaMimiia Registered User new member
    I've consistantly dragged my poor boyfriend into cosplaying with me for 3 years now at a couple of different cons: my personal favorite being Elizabeth Comstock from Bioshock (and Ken Levine recognized me, what a sweet guy) Pax 2015 and this year we're doing Ellie and Joel from Last of Us.

• Options
    divisiontendivisionten Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    https://us.v-cdn.net/5018289/uploads/editor/kj/9euwom6ucsic.gif

Working on K1-b0! As I am ACTUALLY blind- no joke- was wondering if there were any other Danganronpa cosplayers out there? I’m happy to help make your costume (this is all handmade including all the electronics- I’m an actual rocket scientist!) in exchange for someone to walk with me at con.

zerzhul on
  • Options
    miker525miker525 New YorkRegistered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Depending on if I have time to prepare properly, I'll be trying to Cosplay as Uncle Death from Let It Die. If that doesn't work out though I'll probably just cosplay as Goro Majima from Yakuza. I went as him to NYCC and the feedback I got was fairly positive :)

Also may consider going as a Scat Agent from Night Trap

miker525 on
    weZXr66.png
    Steam - Miker525 | Xbox Live - Miker525| PSN - MikeRosenberg
    Websites - Gamerations - MikeRosenberger.com
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
  • Options
    GeekyPanda404GeekyPanda404 The Geeky Panda ConnecticutRegistered User regular
    For me during PAX its,

Doc - Rainbow Six Siege
    Player - Player Unknown's: Battlegrounds

The 3rd one idk yet but I'll figure something out.

mYPBAfl.jpg
  • Options
    Mimiia wrote: »
    I've consistantly dragged my poor boyfriend into cosplaying with me for 3 years now at a couple of different cons: my personal favorite being Elizabeth Comstock from Bioshock (and Ken Levine recognized me, what a sweet guy) Pax 2015 and this year we're doing Ellie and Joel from Last of Us.

That'll be amazing! I can't wait for the Last of Us 2.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BlitherPantsBlitherPants Registered User regular
    My sister and I will be Haunter and Raichu, respectively.

By the way, does anyone have any experience with security and costumes with magnetic components? I wanted to use a magnet and small metal plate to keep the tail attached, but I don't know if that would cause issues.

Thanks!

"WHAT IS THIS DEFIANCE."
    -Black Doom
    m21di0kqu3em.png
  • Options
    MephistoN7MephistoN7 Sexual Tyrannosaurus Keene, NHRegistered User regular
    By the way, does anyone have any experience with security and costumes with magnetic components? I wanted to use a magnet and small metal plate to keep the tail attached, but I don't know if that would cause issues.

It shouldn't be an issue. Most things that would adversely affect the security gates are verified with a once over from the wand. A friend of mine used magnetic plates for her armor without incident, so a tail should be fine.

Also, we need a Pokemon meet up. :biggrin:

erdub14zr3u2.png

• Options
    BlitherPantsBlitherPants Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    MephistoN7 wrote: »
    Also, we need a Pokemon meet up. :biggrin:

Haha, definitely! Are you also doing Pokemon?
    (Edit: Whoops, you totally commented about that already)

Thanks for the info!

BlitherPants on
    "WHAT IS THIS DEFIANCE."
    -Black Doom
    m21di0kqu3em.png
  • Options
    EscoBladesEscoBlades Product Marketing Manager at Ubisoft Registered User regular
    It isn't videogame specific, but i'm thinking of bringing my Black Panther costume

tHBv9m5.png
    Product Marketing Manager on Watch Dogs: Legion
    Youtube | Twitter
  • Options
    spatula108spatula108 Registered User regular
    Im coming saturday as kopaka from bionicle, and my buddy is wearing my medieval red ranger cosplay
    wx6dkix3t1u8.jpg
    tsw9rj0dv8n5.jpg

• Options
    TalonTalonTalonTalon Registered User regular
    I'll be Talon from League :) any other League of Legends cosplayers want to meet up?

• Options
    craftersshaftcraftersshaft Registered User regular
    I'm planning on going as the Nintendo Labo cardboard guy.

eBcBx26.png
  • Options
    gljeffordsgljeffords Registered User new member
    I'm gonna be female Dante from Devil May Cry!

uz65riib6ugh.jpg

This is an old photo, I've since remade the jacket, vest, and redid the wig. I'm even building the guns from scratch. OY VEY

• Options
    sammillssammills NJRegistered User regular
    I'll be bringing my updated Genji, Peach's Yukata outfit from Odyssey, & Samus!
    Hoping for the full varia suit but if not I'll go with some half armor, half zero suit fusion :P

yJyIjnX.png

• Options
    craiolacraiola MARegistered User regular
    Last minute cosplay for Brigitte (Overwatch) in her casual outfit is currently underway!

DXLJjjr.png
  • Options
    MdmZombieMdmZombie MIRegistered User regular
    If anyone is interested in doing meetups or trying to get some pictures while at PAX, jump over to my Cosplay Photography thread. Once I know the interest and the panel schedule I will make a little informal schedule :biggrin:

• Options
    SuzieQSuzieQ Registered User regular
    I will be a Little Sister from Bioshock on Friday, and Combat Medic Mercy on Saturday. I wasn't there for the meetup last year, does anyone know if there will be an Overwatch meetup this year and when? I'm looking forward to seeing other Overwatch cosplayers!!

4k2hf1attmdf.png
  • Options
    SuzieQ wrote: »
    I will be a Little Sister from Bioshock on Friday, and Combat Medic Mercy on Saturday. I wasn't there for the meetup last year, does anyone know if there will be an Overwatch meetup this year and when? I'm looking forward to seeing other Overwatch cosplayers!!

There is! Here's the page. :) Blizzard's doing the cosplay meetup this year so time & location are still tbd.

yJyIjnX.png

• Options
    sammills wrote: »
    SuzieQ wrote: »

There is! Here's the page. :) Blizzard's doing the cosplay meetup this year so time & location are still tbd.

Is blizzard doing an official cosplay meetup? Source? This would be so cool!

DXLJjjr.png
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    that link appears to be a fan meetup but it's possible there's a blizzard association?

• Options
    BigDumbHippyBigDumbHippy Registered User regular
    I'll be wearing my Rathalos kigu. I hope to come across some hunters.

• Options
    edited March 2018
    craiola wrote: »

The head of the event page posted that Blizzard was holding one, and they're working with Blizzard to get an official time and location!

I know last year Blizzard gave us a time to meet by their booth, but it was too crowded so we had to move multiple times, hopefully the location is better this year.

sammills on
    yJyIjnX.png

• Options
    sammills wrote: »
    craiola wrote: »

The head of the event page posted that Blizzard was holding one, and they're working with Blizzard to get an official time and location!

I know last year Blizzard gave us a time to meet by their booth, but it was too crowded so we had to move multiple times, hopefully the location is better this year.

Super cool! I'm so excited to get Brigitte together now :)

DXLJjjr.png