As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[5E OOC] Before the Darkness - "Who Watches the Poopmen"

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Bring back General Sparks!

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I super looking forward to that reunion

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I hope general sparks eats that wyrmling at first glance

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    I fully expect General Sparks to be the surprise Last Boss of the campaign. Like, we go to Hell and beat down the actual Devil His Own Bad Self, and as we're congratulating each other for a job well done, the "oh shit it's ON now" music starts to play, and General Sparks erupts from Beelzebub's ribcage in a shower of gore and pyrotechnics.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    General Sparks will be the lead suspect in an arson trial set in... the elemental plane of water!

• Options
    general sparks is the demogorgan

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Dubh wrote: »
    general sparks is the demogorgan

i think the prince of demons has better things to do than set fires in the material realms.
    I fully expect General Sparks to be the surprise Last Boss of the campaign. Like, we go to Hell and beat down the actual Devil His Own Bad Self, and as we're congratulating each other for a job well done, the "oh shit it's ON now" music starts to play, and General Sparks erupts from Beelzebub's ribcage in a shower of gore and pyrotechnics.

if this happens, you should know that you're down a person and they're up a person.

Melding on
  • Options
    if you win, then general sparks will give you a lick, draining your life energy before reverting to his true form as the incubus Chad

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    the real general sparks is still out there, now known as the Dread Pirate Sparks

entire shipping fleets have been set ablaze

no demands are ever made

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    question: for planning out potentially different characters, what kind of resources should we be looking at starting with? i have an idea but it requires at least gloves of ogre power to work, is why i am asking.

• Options
    All the 'set Stat to 19' stuff is merely Uncommon, should be fine.

• Options
    alright, but what about the rare belt of hill giant strength? the ogre gloves will work, but man, 21 strength, that is, something.

• Options
    actually, yeah, it would save me some work later if you have an idea of what our new character resources are like

it's not so important that you gotta rush it, tho

Melissa wants that staff of force or, barring that, Staff of the Woodlands

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    also, while i'm rolling around in ideas, opinion on UA Eladrin? I really like the seasonal stuff though the cantrips are a bit all over the place power scale wise.

I am toying around with an idea that might mesh well with having a druid around, and with some of the random yelling i've been doing online.

also it's a paladin that was trapped in a mirror for failing a magical trial.

• Options
    edited November 2017
    my druid is friends with lots of eladrin

like, she's literally a honorary member of the summer court

and has spent considerable time in the feywild

she even worships one of the gods on the elven pantheon

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    edited November 2017
    my druid is friends with lots of eladrin

like, she's literally a honorary member of the summer court

and has spent considerable time in the feywild

she even worships one of the gods on the elven pantheon

Fuck yeah. Characters that might actually get along!

the idea i got so far is that she is a member of a likely now defunked knight order, was going around doing all that good good questing knight stuff, generally proving her worth, then pulled a gawain at the green knight, which left her a bit tilted, then she fucked up the next quest, and ended up imprisoned in a magical mirror for several hundred years and has no idea what the hell happened.

i bet she'd be real happy to run into someone who has active ties to the summer court.

edit: Actually, i don't think anyone has any real issue with tusk, everyone else, well, after high school they probably will lose each other's numbers.

Melding on
  • Options
    auraj likes tusk! he's her favorite softskin

he likes food, kills things that try to hurt her, and makes a fascinating object of study!

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    "Everybody Loves Tusk" Wednesdays at 9 on CBS

• Options
    D'aaaawww, y'all are makin me blush. Tusk loves all his teammates, and thinks of them like a weird family. Angus is the distant oldest brother forced to be responsible by circumstances more than temperament, Elidana is the bossy older sister who he wishes wasn't smarter than he is so he wouldn't have to admit she's right so damn often, and Auraj is the eccentric little sister who he feels highly protective towards even though she's probably more dangerous than he is.

It's a weird skill/curse that I have, that the lower my character's Charisma on paper, the more other players seem to love them. King Otto the XXIX, my CHA 1 Dwarf from 3E, still gets brought up at parties more than a decade since the last time I played him.

Anyway, I'm going Human Wizard all the way next time around. Currently planning for Abjuration school, but waiting for a look at the final version of War Mage coming up before I settle for sure. But how far off are we from all that being necessary? I thought the current story still has quite a bit of steam left in it.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    my brain is poisoned by television, so i tend t think in seasons. i get the feeling this season ends probably after we deal with the mess created by killing what's her face. i seem to recall rain saying we'd probably take a break at level 8?

so i imagien there will be a conclusion to this arc, and then the next arc with those character's largely resolved we move to a different cast with maybe someone staying on due to unresolved issues. but that's only because that cleans up the question of how a level 8 party meets up.

i just realized now in my head my set up for the next season would basically be extreme ghostbusters with like angus sitting in for egon. which makes sense, egon is probably a poop pervert.

• Options
    I think we're just excited about playing more D&D

kinda like how you have a whole folder full of character sheets - you wont use all of them, or even most of them, but you're still jazzed about the prospect of playing any number of them

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    so I was curious about how would one fight with a staff and a shield

the internet suggests that it would be like fighting with a spear and shield, only less lethal

unless, of course, the staff gets charged with raw nature magic

then it gets deadlier than a spear wielded one-handed

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    iguanacusiguanacus Desert PlanetRegistered User regular
    That is because the spear is one of the less useful weapons in 5e! Isn't that great?

• Options
    well, the quarterstaff benefits from a druid cantrip so it's not ENTIRELY fair to say that

anyways, are we on tonight?

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    We are, yes

• Options
    so, random question

but am I the only one who has daylight savings time

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Hey @godmode, today was a day when your Wizard's absence was felt, because we finally realized that our party's highest Int score without him is twelve, and our average is nine and a half.

Hope the upcoming time at sea passes quickly!

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Woof, I’m sorry folks - timing has been horrible lately. I’ll make more of an effort after I get home.

• Options
    godmode wrote: »
    Woof, I’m sorry folks - timing has been horrible lately. I’ll make more of an effort after I get home.

Ahh, don't even worry about it. We were just thinking about you is all!

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    godmode wrote: »

Ahh, don't even worry about it. We were just thinking about you is all!

Not thinking too hard because average int of 9.5, but thinking as hard as possible considering the party's handicaps.

see317 on
  • Options
    I've got Xanathar's, if anyone wants details for working on Season 2 characters feel free to ask!

• Options
    redemption paladins got hit hard, I heard

which basically solidifies my circle of dreams druid as my first choice

I get a long range healing dice pool, and some nifty teleport stuff I heard?

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    edited November 2017
    redemption paladins got hit hard, I heard

which basically solidifies my circle of dreams druid as my first choice

I get a long range healing dice pool, and some nifty teleport stuff I heard?

You get a pool of d6s equal to your druid level, and can spend up to half in a round to heal within 120 ft at 2nd, at 6th you get to make a stealth resting sphere, and 10th you get Wis mod 60ft self-teleports as a bonus action, or teleport a touched ally up to 30 ft.

It's a pretty cool path!

Rainfall on
  • Options
    oh shit the stealth sphere is pretty fucking cool

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    What’s the final word on War Mage?

• Options
    What’s the final word on War Mage?

2nd level: War Mages can use their reaction to gain +2AC vs one attack or +4 to a saving throw, if they do they can only cast cantrips until the end of their next turn.
    2nd level: Bonus to initiative equal to Int mos.
    6th: Store Power Surges equal to Int mod, gain one every time you Counterspell or Dispel successfully, reset to 1 after a Long Rest. Once per turn spend a Power Surge to deal 1/2 your wiz level in force damage to the target of a wizard spell.
    10th: +2 AC and Saves while maintaining concentration on any spell.
    14: Whenever you use your 2nd level feature, do damage equal to half your wiz level in force damage to up to three targets.

I'd take a multiclass in fighter or cleric for heavy armor with this one.

• Options
    Hmm. I could have a good time with all of that, but I think I’d have more fun with the Abjuration School.

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Oh jeez Grave Domain has maybe the meanest anti-boss channel divinity out there, forcing damage vulnerability to the next attack they take.

Combo that with a big Paladin smite and that's... really goddamn gross.

They also max all healing dice when they heal someone at 0 HP, which is super rad.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    how young is your wizard gonna be, Scott?

trying to get a mental image

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Baby Wizard.