As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Assassin's Creed] To fight the horde, sing and cry

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited November 2017
    Hid in the brush, planning to sneak up and kill a gazelle. Waited for the perfect shot.

My bird swoops down and kills it, then flies off crying out its victory for the world to hear.

Fuck you, you killstealing bird.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    I must be doing something wrong with the mounts. 99% of the time, I'm just whistling in the wind and nothing is happening, and I end up realizing that if I hadn't stopped to try whistling, I'd probably be more than halfway to my goal 900 meters away.

And then at the same time, I'm on a crocodile-infested island in the middle of that lake below Alexandria, I whistle by accident, and suddenly my camel-back from the dead after being set on fire, no less-is like 'Sup?

...Now I'm wondering if my mount doesn't work because he respawned on an island, and I need to ferry him off. I didn't even stop to consider that you could get a camel on a boat.

• SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Frei wrote: »
    imgo, Origins is actually excellent, the best one since recent history, like Unity and Syndicate. I say that with a heavy heart cause Syndicate is my favorite time period ever, but poor servers and the multi party ruined it for me, not to mentioned a lot of persistent bugs.

Origins is STREETS ahead. It's the first AC game I've felt immersed in. The combat doesn't present as well as it feels in videos. In one last fight I was completely surrounded, so I threw a quick slee[ dagger at a big guy and started fighting the smaller ones. Block, dodge, and parried them, evade out of the way of lunging stabs and all that. At one point my falcon came down to harass an archer on a nearby roofstop, which kept him out of the fight. I dispatched the smaller guys and then, when the big one woke up, I fogot him, he started beggining when he was at low life, so of course I take my canaanite blade fitted it across his neck and killed him with one motion. It seems like combat always ends with a classic AC take down animation, and this is no different. There's more than one for each weapon type and goddamn, they're all good. The spear is probably my favorite.

Travesting Egypt is also a pleasure. You purchase mounts (for fairly cheap) to help you and I bought a camel that took me all through the desert, until I found the pyramids of Giza. I though they were just bacdrops, but nope... once I got there, I climbed to the very top

I also got caught in an area with a bunch of vases and thought "free loot" and in between most of the vaces were snakes, much to my horror.

I had about enough and left, only to find when I got outside a sandstorm picked up and I started hallucinating from the snake venon, making the enemies I fight normally into these foreboding shadow man

Also, commandeered a civilian ship and used it to row to the back of a roman trireme, climbed up it, and assassinated a couple before I jumped down to duel the captain. The end reward was a bunch of gold. Two small roman ships sailed up to provide aid but I threw a firebomb on their boat, which burned like wooden boats do. It was a sight to see. When they were in the water, they were attack by several hippos. Also, I saw a lion was kept in a cage on board, so I thought to help it. Unlocked and open the door, stood there, and then he freaked the fuck out and attacked me. Meanwhile, instead of helping, my falcon was killing flamingos in the nearby area without a care in the world.

Huh? Are you thinking of Unity? Syndicate didn't have any multiplayer stuff, and very few bugs.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    I must be doing something wrong with the mounts. 99% of the time, I'm just whistling in the wind and nothing is happening, and I end up realizing that if I hadn't stopped to try whistling, I'd probably be more than halfway to my goal 900 meters away.

And then at the same time, I'm on a crocodile-infested island in the middle of that lake below Alexandria, I whistle by accident, and suddenly my camel-back from the dead after being set on fire, no less-is like 'Sup?

...Now I'm wondering if my mount doesn't work because he respawned on an island, and I need to ferry him off. I didn't even stop to consider that you could get a camel on a boat.

Tap once to whistle to make suckers walk over to the bushes you're hiding in. Hold to whistle for mount.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705

Tap once to whistle to make suckers walk over to the bushes you're hiding in. Hold to whistle for mount.

I'm beginning to think a LOT of confusion in playing Origins is how damn many things use a tap input versus a different thing that uses the same input but as a hold press.

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

I'm beginning to think a LOT of confusion in playing Origins is how damn many things use a tap input versus a different thing that uses the same input but as a hold press.

They shouldn't have killed the wheel interface for gear - how it works now to switch loadouts or utilities is super kludgy and provides no game reasons for it - time stops when you go into your gear menu and switch melee weapons, it just takes a lot longer.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    syndalis wrote: »

They shouldn't have killed the wheel interface for gear - how it works now to switch loadouts or utilities is super kludgy and provides no game reasons for it - time stops when you go into your gear menu and switch melee weapons, it just takes a lot longer.

To be honest, I really am not digging the mechanistic way I've ended up doing most quest management. Get a thing, tap the map, tap the icon on the map, run towards selected icon, repeat. I mean, I GET the icon management is unavoidable, but I wish there was a way where you can just select an icon rotating around on the compass above your head. That would save time and be more immersive.

edited November 2017
    syndalis wrote: »

To be honest, I really am not digging the mechanistic way I've ended up doing most quest management. Get a thing, tap the map, tap the icon on the map, run towards selected icon, repeat. I mean, I GET the icon management is unavoidable, but I wish there was a way where you can just select an icon rotating around on the compass above your head. That would save time and be more immersive.

Even better, paint the icons in with the bird. It would make a lot more sense.

Going up the tower can reveal them, but you have a bird that seems to be mentally linked with you that you can see through. that's like a roaming tower. It would be cool to make me need to use the bird more often to find things, and then go to them.

then you can make regions without towers where you have to actually explore on foot and with the bird to find things to do.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
  • JungleskyeJungleskye Registered User regular
    I personally really enjoyed the 6 hours I have been able to spend the game so far. The last AC I spent any time with was Black Flag and Rogue. Own Unity but didn't play it after all the horrible stuff I heard about it and just never got around to the last one set in England though I should.

This one though I love the setting, and the protagonist is awesome. Yes your thrown in and don't know much about him but over time you learn more about him and what drives him to do what he does.

Really it feels more like Witcher 3 light to me with AC stuff thrown in.

• Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Photo mode is so great. Shame you can't use it during naval missions. Also a shame people keep using it to take pictures of boobs.

Everyone sees the photos. Everyone sees what you're wanking it too.

One of my favorite little touches is how Bayek holds his hand out to feel the tall grasses when you walk through them slowly:
    VjdwVmMh.jpg

• ErrorError Registered User regular
    The more I play this game the less I like it. Maybe I'm due for a weapons upgrade or something I don't know, but what I DO know is I seem to always be outpacing the story by 2 levels. So I'm level 32 and the mission available is recommended for level 34 etc. There is plenty of stuff to do, plenty of ways to grind up, but the combat is SO bad. They know it is too. They included a type of bow that fires multiple arrows a minute.

• FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    Frei wrote: »
    imgo, Origins is actually excellent, the best one since recent history, like Unity and Syndicate. I say that with a heavy heart cause Syndicate is my favorite time period ever, but poor servers and the multi party ruined it for me, not to mentioned a lot of persistent bugs.

Origins is STREETS ahead. It's the first AC game I've felt immersed in. The combat doesn't present as well as it feels in videos. In one last fight I was completely surrounded, so I threw a quick slee[ dagger at a big guy and started fighting the smaller ones. Block, dodge, and parried them, evade out of the way of lunging stabs and all that. At one point my falcon came down to harass an archer on a nearby roofstop, which kept him out of the fight. I dispatched the smaller guys and then, when the big one woke up, I fogot him, he started beggining when he was at low life, so of course I take my canaanite blade fitted it across his neck and killed him with one motion. It seems like combat always ends with a classic AC take down animation, and this is no different. There's more than one for each weapon type and goddamn, they're all good. The spear is probably my favorite.

Travesting Egypt is also a pleasure. You purchase mounts (for fairly cheap) to help you and I bought a camel that took me all through the desert, until I found the pyramids of Giza. I though they were just bacdrops, but nope... once I got there, I climbed to the very top

I also got caught in an area with a bunch of vases and thought "free loot" and in between most of the vaces were snakes, much to my horror.

I had about enough and left, only to find when I got outside a sandstorm picked up and I started hallucinating from the snake venon, making the enemies I fight normally into these foreboding shadow man

Also, commandeered a civilian ship and used it to row to the back of a roman trireme, climbed up it, and assassinated a couple before I jumped down to duel the captain. The end reward was a bunch of gold. Two small roman ships sailed up to provide aid but I threw a firebomb on their boat, which burned like wooden boats do. It was a sight to see. When they were in the water, they were attack by several hippos. Also, I saw a lion was kept in a cage on board, so I thought to help it. Unlocked and open the door, stood there, and then he freaked the fuck out and attacked me. Meanwhile, instead of helping, my falcon was killing flamingos in the nearby area without a care in the world.

Huh? Are you thinking of Unity? Syndicate didn't have any multiplayer stuff, and very few bugs.

I wasn't "thinking" of Unity, I just misspoke like when you type a word out when you're thinking but it isn't the word you meant. I'm not referring to Syndicate as my favorite time period with bugs and etc.

Are you the magic man?
  • ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

I'm about two hours in, and I can't really say that I'm enjoying this game very much. I bought it on the strength of "I liked Unity and I loved Syndicate, and I've generally enjoyed the Assassin's Creed series (the exceptions being Assassin's Creed III and Black Flag, both of which I hated)" but I'm really regretting the purchase at the moment.

The plotline isn't grabbing me at all, the setting doesn't do much for me, Dudeguy is boring so far, I hate wilderness sections in AC games, I don't care about the bird, the combat is annoying, and I really, really, really hate the gear and equipment system. While just about all of the Assassin's Creed games have had slow and steady gear upgrades, this is the first that has made me feel like I'm on an MMO gear treadmill.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    I like Bayek. He's on that generic revenge quest, but he's not just sullen and mopey all the time. Really enjoying exploring the map and getting loot, but the combat is pretty wonky. It's serviceable, but just not that good overall. Also not a fan of the random enemies who don't have levels, just a skull. Just tell me what level they are so I know when to come back.

And maybe just do away with the modern day parts of these games. Nobody cares about that shit anymore. Not after AC III screwed it all up.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    I still care about the modern stuff, though?

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Modern day is the main reason I keep playing

It's all pointless bullshit at this point.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • LeumasWhiteLeumasWhite New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Is there even that much of it? I'm down in Faiyum now, and there's been like two sequences of "how bout that Animus, huh?" before we jumped straight back in. I barely remember her name.

LeumasWhite on
    QPPHj1J.jpg
    My favorite story thing about this game in modern day
    You can go and read your email exchanges with Sofia Rikkin, which was the character Marion Cotillard played in the film

Is there even that much of it? I'm down in Faiyum now, and there's been like two sequences of "how bout that Animus, huh?" before we jumped straight back in. I barely remember her name.

3rd forced out-of-animus section spoilers:
    She straps Bayek's hidden blade to her wrist and goes all assassin on Abstergo goons.

I watched a hippo fight a crocodile out in a river. The hippo won, and absolutely fucked up that croc's shit. Grabbed it by the throat and threw it around like a ragdoll. It was pretty badass! Then I promptly killed the injured hippo and took that sweet sweet hard leather from both it and the croc.

Finally made it to Giza last night. They'd been taunting me in the distance for a while, but I explored them pyramids! So awesome!

I also thought it was funny (story spoilers, assassinating The Snake)
    when Bayek gets the hidden blade, I was like "Ok, this is still a time where they have to cut off their ring finger right?" but then I was just doing side stuff assassinating dudes. Figured that wasn't the case, or it was a different type of blade. Nope!

Go to assassinate the "snake" in the bath house, and oops... Bayek learned the hard way.

Skull2185 wrote: »
    I watched a hippo fight a crocodile out in a river. The hippo won, and absolutely fucked up that croc's shit. Grabbed it by the throat and threw it around like a ragdoll. It was pretty badass! Then I promptly killed the injured hippo and took that sweet sweet hard leather from both it and the croc.

Finally made it to Giza last night. They'd been taunting me in the distance for a while, but I explored them pyramids! So awesome!

I also thought it was funny (story spoilers, assassinating The Snake)
    when Bayek gets the hidden blade, I was like "Ok, this is still a time where they have to cut off their ring finger right?" but then I was just doing side stuff assassinating dudes. Figured that wasn't the case, or it was a different type of blade. Nope!

Go to assassinate the "snake" in the bath house, and oops... Bayek learned the hard way.

I completely missed this happening

I didn't realize it did until the cutscene after

• Giggles_FunsworthGiggles_Funsworth Blight on Discourse Bay Area SprawlRegistered User regular
    Anybody having issues with side quests disappearing?

I was going to do A Tithe By Any Other name but by the time I finished whatever was doing the icon for starting it vanished and I haven't been able to get it to reappear.

Also trying to complete The Hungry River but all the quest markers for it have vanished so I'm trying to figure it out with fucking walkthrough videos.

Hitting both of these issues within an hour is worrisome af. Wondering if I should put it down and wait for a patch in case I hit anything game breaking. Wish this had multiple save slots so I could have a backup if something breaks.

• SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    Anybody having issues with side quests disappearing?

I was going to do A Tithe By Any Other name but by the time I finished whatever was doing the icon for starting it vanished and I haven't been able to get it to reappear.

Also trying to complete The Hungry River but all the quest markers for it have vanished so I'm trying to figure it out with fucking walkthrough videos.

Hitting both of these issues within an hour is worrisome af. Wondering if I should put it down and wait for a patch in case I hit anything game breaking. Wish this had multiple save slots so I could have a backup if something breaks.

Not sure I understand the problem based on your limited description, but quest markers where you must first look for things in an area, that is, most of them, disappear when you get in range to use Senu to do the actual search. Once you successfully search the area with Senu, the target-specific quest marker will appear.

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
    It is very much worth it to do all the stone circles. It sets you on a path to getting some badass 1st civ armor! You have to explore tombs though because you're going to need a lot of silicate, and that shit is only in tombs apparently.

BUT

Tombs are super worth it too, because suddenly the modern day portion of the story might be interesting again.
    Some tombs have 1st civ devices in them that you activate with silicate and it plays a long, interesting message from 1st civ people. They seem to be talking to Layla, and at least to me, it sounds like there's another world ending event brewing and we're going to have to learn to use the Animus to manipulate the past and the future

Really neat stuff!

• ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Goddamn I am in love with this game, it took me a while to really get into a rhythm but the sense of freedom of approach and the refocus on player decisions and involvement with the bow and Melee combat is just exhilarating. It feels like you've been handed back control after so many iterations where you were basically an observer.

The world is stunningly beautiful and huge. And the day night cycles and patrols and such are really immersive, I love waiting till night to attack a fort so I can get some kills on sleeping guards.

My one concern turned out not to be a big deal, ie, if an enemy will survive your assassination cos of a higher level, the prompt changes from "assassinate" to "stealth attack", so you know it won't instant kill.

Aside from that I love that eagle vision is gone, I love senu/drone spotting and then just relying on your wits to infiltrate. Combat takes a while to get good at but once you do it's much more rewarding. I love being afraid during encounters again.

Also on Xbox one x this thing is fucking gorgeous. Pretty much rivalling witcher for me

• shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    I'm really weirded out by not having to hold the trigger to run anymore. Bayek feels extremely slow and his mounts even more so. Unless I'm missing something and there IS supposed to be a way to go faster? And auto climbing is like... they took the game out of the game. People described climbing as "just hold up, it's nothing" but it wasn't nothing. You had to identify handholds and actively move to them. Now it's literally hold up and it seems bad to me? Oh and the opening seemed incompetent. Surely the best way to get the player invested in a revenge plot is to entirely skip over the thing we want revenge for. GENIUS! Meanwhile in combat, the lock on seems to refuse to work... all the time. Like it just falls off or switches targets on its own initiative. Seems really bad to me.

Still, the side missions seem really substantial. I'm really glad to be back to story side missions like Brotherhood, rather than checklist side missions like 4 and Rogue. Will be giving this a much longer chance to impress me over the weekend.

• ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    I'm really weirded out by not having to hold the trigger to run anymore. Bayek feels extremely slow and his mounts even more so. Unless I'm missing something and there IS supposed to be a way to go faster? And auto climbing is like... they took the game out of the game. People described climbing as "just hold up, it's nothing" but it wasn't nothing. You had to identify handholds and actively move to them. Now it's literally hold up and it seems bad to me? Oh and the opening seemed incompetent. Surely the best way to get the player invested in a revenge plot is to entirely skip over the thing we want revenge for. GENIUS! Meanwhile in combat, the lock on seems to refuse to work... all the time. Like it just falls off or switches targets on its own initiative. Seems really bad to me.

Still, the side missions seem really substantial. I'm really glad to be back to story side missions like Brotherhood, rather than checklist side missions like 4 and Rogue. Will be giving this a much longer chance to impress me over the weekend.

My advice would be don't use the lock on unless you're squaring off against only one or two guys, or if you really want to focus on a biggin. The game doesn't tell you to do this, but I tend to dip in and out of using it and I've found it's best when used under certain circumstances, which you'll get a feel for the more you play. I probably spend like 80% of the time unlocked during combat. Its unfortunate that the game implies that you need to use it all the time because I feel like youre better off without it under most circumstances. The combat definitely starts off quite fidgety but eventually you get the hang of it and it's much more rewarding, it's got a good "top end". Weapon types can be very different, especially as you upgrade your melee abilities, so you get more of an opportunity to find your groove and what you like.

I admit I also found the non running weird, but when you think about it he's running at top speed, you just aren't pressing a button, and everyone else in the game can only run as fast as you. I think because the world is larger there's is a greater focus on mounts, with mounted combat being pretty solid too. Also I love setting it to auto ride and just enjoying the sights. With climbing it's again a thing you get used to, you can hold b (or whatever it is on PS4) to drop safely, or use directional input, it's essentially just the same as holding a climb button, but easier on your fingers

The game is struggling against a decade of muscle memory so it takes a while. Also I've been playing a lot of shadow of war so x being dodge (on the Xbox) took a lot of getting used to, but it works.

Also I'm shamelessly copying this from the social entropy thread but here's my feelings about the game after about 25 hours:

Been playing this game a long while, and I think it's probably the most exhilarating and rewarding assassins creed game I've played since 4. Combat is brilliant the more you play of it, the variety and choice between arrow and weapon types is so well done, each has different styles and advantages vs drawbacks. There's advantages to locked on combat and going unlocked, depending on the number and type of opponents. I don't think I can ever go back to regular assassins creed combat.

The world is stunning and alive. It's utterly breathtaking, the landscape just feels enormous, like it's not just that it's a big map, it feels rich and real. The horizon feels further away, there just seems to be more of a sense of you being a speck on an enormous landscape. The open world rivals the witcher for me in breaktaking beauty and scope, and it's got witcher beat in the water department

The missions, while not revolutionary from a gameplay perspective, are always interesting to me, I always enjoy the characters and the side missions in particular are just long enough to feel like mini adventures, without feeling like fetch quests. When I meet a character the game always lets me spend a lot of time with them, even side mission characters. I never leave a mission feeling like a character was pointless

The setting is just wonderful, it's a personal thing but I love it. I love Bayek.

It really feels like being given the keys to a kingdom in terms of gameplay. Some of the technical achievements and details are impressive. I love things like how bandits will actually ambush you on the road, ie , they'll hide in bushes. I love chariots, the horse combat is way better than witcher. Everything about the approach to stealth and combat is just perfect in terms of freedom, and there's the satisfaction of challenging yourself with higher level forts and bosss

The story is nothing special but it's solid and does a great job with the world. It feels like the most immersive game in the series for me next to 4 and 2

Bodies stay forever, I know this is a minor thing that most people don't care about, but I hate dissapesinf bodies, and frankly I don't know how they do it from a technical perspective, it's impressive in so many little ways like this

I've really fallen in love with the world and all the little characters, I think the cast of side characters are just as charming/charmingly despicable and engaging as the mains.

Also missions where you have to chase down boats that are actually moving on the Nile is something that makes me pinch myself with what a wonderful time it is to be a gamer. That and like setting a cart on fire as it drives into a fort and sends the guards panicking, waking up. Man. I'm in heaven and I don't want it to end

Prohass on
    Parkouring is pretty much the same as it's always been in AC. You still have to identify handholds and move towards them. Bayek will stop moving if there's nothing he can grab onto. Also, I take back what I said about the Layla stuff being interesting. I killed the Scarab, Hyena, Lizard, and Crocodile and it forced me out again. Some dumb stuff happened with no explanation, and then Layla was like "Well, I guess I'll just pop back in here then..."

• shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Parkouring is pretty much the same as it's always been in AC. You still have to identify handholds and move towards them. Bayek will stop moving if there's nothing he can grab onto. Also, I take back what I said about the Layla stuff being interesting. I killed the Scarab, Hyena, Lizard, and Crocodile and it forced me out again. Some dumb stuff happened with no explanation, and then Layla was like "Well, I guess I'll just pop back in here then..."

I climbed a sheer cliff face by holding up. If it was based on handholds then there were so many at every point so as to make it impossible to fail.

• jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    Important safety tip: Whenever possible, fight Phylakes from horseback. Preferably while wielding a gigantic mace that regenerates your health. Makes the fight 10x easier and safer.

Xbox Live: Jefe414

I climbed a sheer cliff face by holding up. If it was based on handholds then there were so many at every point so as to make it impossible to fail.

Oh right, those. I'm OK with that personally. Bayek's just real good at rock climbin'

Tall buildings and the like are still like normal Assassin's Creed.

• LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I didn't hate the modern stuff when it followed an overarching story of its own and felt like it was building towards something.

Then they blew it all up and now it just feels tacked in.

I mean... I was never fond of it. It was immersion breaking. I play AC for the historical time periods and the ancient murder simulation. Getting ripped out of the Crusades/Renaisance/Egypt/Whatever is jarring and is not at all the gameplay experience I'm looking for. Nolan North and Kristin Bell made it tolerable. Without them, I don't want it there at all.

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Alright finished it.

The end game stuff was all pretty cool. And thankfully it didn't force me to break the pace with more snoozefest side missions.

Combat never felt crisp.

Leveling felt tacked on and didn't bring much to the table.

The weapons were a bit disappointing too. You end up seeing a lot fo the same weapon just used at a range of levels with it's damage updated. I used a whopping total 4 main weapons throughout the game. One of which was just a higher level copy I found of the one I already had so I guess it was technically only 3 unique weapons.

The main story quests I actually really enjoyed. But the whole forced side quest blocks were meh.

End game spoiler:
    It was rad playing as Aya at the end but having that be the actual end section with the final boss fight and everything using a pre-set character instead of the character I built and set-up to my liking was a bit of an odd choice.

Overall Stacey gives it a solid 7.

DemonStacey on
  • Mace1370Mace1370 Registered User regular
    Hey guys -- how difficult is it to get into this game if you haven't played AC in ages? I beat AS1 ans AS2 back on the 360 many years ago and haven't played through any since.

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Mace1370 wrote: »
    Hey guys -- how difficult is it to get into this game if you haven't played AC in ages? I beat AS1 ans AS2 back on the 360 many years ago and haven't played through any since.

Well it's a completely new combat system and stuff so you'd be on the same page as everyone playing actually.

• FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    Stopped at level 23 last night. Intro was not very good: Cutscene of some stuff happening no idea what's going on. Cutscene of Bayek assassinating some dude. Now you're in front of some big guard; learn to fight.

But after that the more I played the more it grew on me.

+ The world itself is probably the best part. I really like the cities and small towns I've seen so far. They have so much detail and neat little passageways and interiors, it's fun to just walk around the cities and explore. Exploring tombs, which you don't get to do much in the first part of the game, is also pretty fun. Nothing telling you what to do; just find your way around looking for all the passages.

+ Full Hair, Bearded Bayek

- Clean-shaved Bayek. At least there's the cheat to get your wonderful hair back.

- Enemies feel too blind and unaware. You can get away with so much without having them react significantly. And they give up real easy.

- Switching lock-on target works so bad I can't believe they left it in this current state.

PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
    I didn't like shaggy Bayek at all. That Cindy Lauper hair-do was awful...

Bearded shaggy-haired Bayek looks like a chump and it was right for people to make fun of him in-game

• SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular

Go climb the pyramids, they have pick and choose handholds. Now take how slow, unresponsive, and tedious that was and apply it to the entire rest of the game. I'm glad they greatly eased the climbing, just as I'm glad they don't have shoot-on-sight archers on every single rooftop, I can actually have fun freely moving around the world.

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.