As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures] Finn is a Big Deal

• FuselageFuselage Oosik Jumpship LoungeRegistered User regular
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScVyDPs0eXXL0PC8a2O0K3J_5Ltahnd2y19pxYVv1JZkj2Oeg/viewform

I know a few of you play on Vassal and I really thought @DaMoonRulz ran a cool HotAC campaign, but what do you make of this? I'd love to hear the stories.

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Kind of disappointing in terms of revealing cards.

Cybernetics are cool and it seems like a fun one-of for lists.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    seems to be pretty fair, points-wise

I still think the bullseye arc is super cool

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »

Yeah, that's the part I'm really digging.

Elvenshae wrote: »

Oh yeah, more positioning dependent mechanics are good.

Too bad the dominant stuff right now doesn't have much defense to begin with (aside from FSR)

Polaritie wrote: »
    Elvenshae wrote: »

Oh yeah, more positioning dependent mechanics are good.

Too bad the dominant stuff right now doesn't have much defense to begin with (aside from FSR)

I just wonder what the next ship will be to get the Bullseye Arc.

Maybe the T-65 title grants the Bullseye Arc and a free Proton Torpedo, tying into Luke in A New Hope (even though he used the force)

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • IngramIngram there was only Rage Kage Registered User regular
    Dual sided card.
    X-wing, B-wing, (ARC-170?) only modification.
    Side 1 Lock S-foils to attack position
    Gain a bullseye firing arc. Action: flip this card.
    Side 2 We're going in full throttle, that should keep those fighters off our backs
    Gain an additional evade die. Action: flip this card.
    Tho Wedge is sorta mean with a bullseye arc and Luke becomes better with an extra evade die. At least it only makes Biggs better once and he may have to plan it with an action.

jswidget.php?username=ingram_&numitems=9&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&addstyles=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    That would also improve the T-70 though so they probably wouldn't want to despite it sounding awesome.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Would it affect the U-wing?
    Also, the StarViper has variable position wings, might it benefit?

I'd suppose the argument might be made for the Star Wing as well, though those wings always seemed to fold up for landing rather than to alter the flight profile.

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    see317 wrote: »

I'd suppose the argument might be made for the Star Wing as well, though those wings always seemed to fold up for landing rather than to alter the flight profile.

I took it to be about fighters with weapons on the wing ends (hence why changing the wing positions affects weapon arcs), so I don't think any of those apply.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »

I took it to be about fighters with weapons on the wing ends (hence why changing the wing positions affects weapon arcs), so I don't think any of those apply.

Fair enough, I saw the Arc-170 mentioned as a possibility, and the wings on that one that move don't mount weapons or engines. Really don't seem to do much of anything really...
    But the StarViper at least mounts maneuvering engines at the ends of it's wing panels, so readjusting them alters it's maneuverability.

I don't know, it was just a late night thought kind of thing.

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Huh, you're right about the ARC-170. Ah well, I never watched clone wars or played games from that period.

Just kibitzing, don't mind me.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    H3Knuckles wrote: »

Fair enough, I saw the Arc-170 mentioned as a possibility, and the wings on that one that move don't mount weapons or engines. Really don't seem to do much of anything really...
    But the StarViper at least mounts maneuvering engines at the ends of it's wing panels, so readjusting them alters it's maneuverability.

I don't know, it was just a late night thought kind of thing.

I figured with the StarViper they would have grabbed a mod or title for a rear arc, since my old micromachine with a tiny Prince Xizor could turn the guns back 180 degrees.

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
    Well, this has some interesting cards.
    https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/11/10/coordinate-your-attack/
    swx72-phantom-ii.png
    swx72-ezra-bridger.pngswx72-zeb-orrelios.pngswx72-ap-5.png

swx72-courier-droid.pngswx72-flight-assist-astromech.pngswx72-maul.png

Including a Scum crew that you can use as a Rebel in specific builds is pretty crazy, but hopefully they do it more. I can dream of a day where I see a Rebel Mara Jade, a Scum Dash Rendar, or any others.

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Flight-Assist Astromech might be really good?

admanb wrote: »
    Flight-Assist Astromech might be really good?

Having to have no attack targets to use it is interesting, but good for running away.

Courier droid is interesting as a weaker version of Hyperwave Comm Scanner in a more common slot. Is it wrong of me to want to use it with Jerjerod?

Having not watched more than season 1 of rebels, Maul being an option with Ezra makes me very curious what has happened since.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    You should watch more of Rebels.

Still not on Netflix. I wish they would make things more easily accessible.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    I think it's safe to say at this point that Rebels won't be on any subscription streaming service until the Disney service gets going in 2019.

We bought the seasons on Amazon Video. My son absolutely loves Rebels, so it ended up being worth it for us.

• crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    I've been getting the rebels blu-rays as birthday gifts for the last 3 years. I highly recommend finding a way to watch.

Also I just realized the Phantom II has a rear arc

The Chopper astromech upgrade seems like it could be pretty good

I've been getting the rebels blu-rays as birthday gifts for the last 3 years. I highly recommend finding a way to watch.

Also I just realized the Phantom II has a rear arc

A rear arc... thats... ugh.

• ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/11/10/coordinate-your-attack/

swx72-phantom-ii.png
    swx72-fenn-rau.pngswx72-ezra-bridger.png
    swx72-zeb-orrelios.pngswx72-ap-5.png

swx72-flight-assist-astromech.pngswx72-chopper.png
    swx72-courier-droid.pngswx72-maul.png

Another zero point crew, and flight assist Astromech is pretty good.
    Wow we know ALL of the upgrades again.

DO3O00C.png
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I don't know about flight-assist astromech

those restrictions are pretty tight

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Seems like a pretty solid 1-point way to give T65 X-Wing Fighters a boost and barrel roll option. Ideal for escapes and opens up aggressive positioning.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Seems like a pretty solid 1-point way to give T65 X-Wing Fighters a boost and barrel roll option. Ideal for escapes and opens up aggressive positioning.

It also makes for round 1 shots on those ships - who are natural jousters.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
    So... 16 points get you AP-1 with inspiring recruit to use his ability every turn.

That seems maybe a bit strong.

edited November 2017
    Interesting. AP-5 is the ship removing the stress token from the other ship, so it can remove one of the tokens it receives from triggering the ability, but not 2 stress from the target ship (with inspiring recruit)

crimsoncoyote on
  • Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Built an amusing Khiziz / HWK squad to counter the ion heavy build my SO sometimes uses- two ion dischargers and an EMP device. Figure against a non ion list the dischargers would protect my ships from the EMP and as a bonus extend it's range by one.

Then I remembered I don't own any sets that came with EMP. Bah :)

Phoenix-D on
    edited November 2017
    Resistance bomber appears to have leaked, and the article went up for it.

Trajectory simulator is almost exactly as stupid as feared. Looks to not work with action bombs, so no mine missiles.

Bomblet generator though? Sure.

Polaritie on
  • ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    Is it just me, or does the article keep talking up Trajectory Simulator allowing you to use the front guides while the card says nothing of the sort?

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Will Trajectory Simulators be something that make TIE Punishers show up in lists more, I wonder.

Chrysis wrote: »
    Is it just me, or does the article keep talking up Trajectory Simulator allowing you to use the front guides while the card says nothing of the sort?

"launch" is a new keyword for bombs that we have to assume will be part of the rules insert for the bomber pack.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I had a thought since they are dumpster diving for ships anymore

Why not just sell cards of pilots and stuff for ships instead?

• Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    Listen man
    Until we have official versions of Uglies they are not dumpster diving

Brainleech wrote: »
    I had a thought since they are dumpster diving for ships anymore

Why not just sell cards of pilots and stuff for ships instead?

I really think at this point they'd be best off cutting releases WAY down, but releasing and selling packs of bases and cards for older models... while also rotating out the existing cards and bases.

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Yea it might be time to make some campaign type expansions, and maybe other game types.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981