As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] thread. Gonna make sweet love to my Corinth.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    titania components in the oven

boy was that an unpleasant grind

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I actually liked wandering around picking flowers.
    You can see yourself making progress.
    As opposed to the combined Ivara/Excalibur grind which is just work work work, nope. work work work, nope. work, work, work nope, enough for a nope.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Preview is up for OPERATION: PLAGUE STAR

TL;DR: Konzu offers a repeatable Operation Bounty that, when completed, offers Operation Standing. Trade Standing with Nakak for:
    - Eidolon Phylaxis: Equip to increase the bounty's difficulty (and Standing rewards)
    - Infested Zaw components and Exodia enhancements
    - Previously-limited rewards: Ether Daggers, Snipetron, Fulmination and Sacrifice mods
    - Cetus decorations
    - Event sigil

There is also a summonable event boss, the Hemocyst. Defeating the Hemocyst drops items from the Hunter modset as well as Hemocyte Cystoliths to construct trophy decorations for the Dojo.

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    The same wiki and patch notes indicate that the original radius was 20m.

So fully charged, it still dropped from 20 to 15m

Which is substantial, to be sure. Puts it on par with Ember's WoF.

But Hydroid used to cover a whole map all on his own.

Thank you for reminding me of the charge mechanic. I think I just saw it decrease to 5m and walked away.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    The Lenz is also very much not safe, I see.

I should make a loadout with a Lenz, Kulstar, and... Is there a melee that also lacks safety? I'll call it "Do ya feel lucky? Well, do ya?"

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Anyways, today was a productive day

Finished gathering Hydroid Prime and Valkyr Prime parts, finished gathering Octavia, got Gara Neuroptics and Systems from bounties today, finished Sybaris Prime and Silva and Aegis Prime on the weapon end

Also Tigris Prime does gangbusters levels of damage

It's honestly kind of obscene (i know there are other weapons that do that level of damage and Tigris/Sancti Tigris was always solid, but Tigris Prime just takes it to the next level)

Orphane on
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »
    The Lenz is also very much not safe, I see.

I should make a loadout with a Lenz, Kulstar, and... Is there a melee that also lacks safety? I'll call it "Do ya feel lucky? Well, do ya?"

Put power throw on a glaive and it'll explode on surfaces, dealing self-damage!

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    BlainBlain Registered User regular
    First a small public service announcement. A fair amount of people today didn't seem to know that you can turn and crawl backwards when downed, so they just sat in the deadly slime / gas that downed them making them difficult to revive.

Project Mesa is about as done as it needs to be for now. I did forma the aura slot and put on Corrosive Projection. Adding Enemy Sense to the Exilus slot has been super helpful. Knowing in advance where the next mass of enemies is coming from is great. And knowing where they've gotten stuck can be crucial in excavations. I had a crazy time in the dark sector survival on Ceres. I'd just formaed and figured the Amprex would carry me through. Well our group was pretty determined and I reached level 10, unlocking Peacekeeper.

Superman-shirt.jpg

And finally, there was a small issue with the hotfix.
    Fish always swim towards the surface, but after the hotfix they didn't ever stop.
    vvpcivq1kjh4.jpg
    I wouldn't have minded if their collision still worked, but they seemed to be spear proof, so it was just as well that there was a second hotfix to fix the first hotfix.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Is there anywhere I could read about the last years worth of changes?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Maybe somewhere on the wiki? Or go to the Warframe forums here and check out build notes

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    I haven't found any convenient compilations. There's an inconvenient one on the wiki. Start at the bottom and expand each of the updates as you go up. Then do the same for updates nineteen, twenty, twenty-one, and twenty-two.

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    Is there anywhere I could read about the last years worth of changes?

The last years worth of updates is Update 19-22
    • The map has changed. Again. Now for the better. Specters of the rail has reorganized the way we access new planets and added loot rewards.
    • The biggest change is related to The Second Dream and The War Within. Don't want to spoil that. Best experienced through said quests.
    • We have several forms of completely pointless PvP arenas.
    • QoL Updates. All sentinels vacuum, which means that the carrier is no longer mandatory and has been demoted to being simply the best sentinel.
    • Shitloads of new weapons. Several new frames (Titania, Octavia, Harrow) and a Revamped Hydroid.
    • Plains of Eidolon. It's like the warframe version of Westfall, featuring crafting (for that "bring me 50 boar snouts" feel), fish, gnolls and murlocsgrineer and remnants of sentient warmachines.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    Thanks guys! I ended up taking a hiatus, because baby, and the patch is taking forever, so I figured I'd ask what's up with this Eidolon/Focus 2.0 crap.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    Thanks guys! I ended up taking a hiatus, because baby, and the patch is taking forever, so I figured I'd ask what's up with this Eidolon/Focus 2.0 crap.

If you haven't done The Second Dream/The War Within quests, you should do those first. Besides being required for the eidolon/focus stuff, they're genuinely amazing quests. Also, if you go looking for info on the eidolons and focus you'll spoil yourself on some cool things from the quests, and I think that would be a real shame.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Darmak wrote: »

If you haven't done The Second Dream/The War Within quests, you should do those first. Besides being required for the eidolon/focus stuff, they're genuinely amazing quests. Also, if you go looking for info on the eidolons and focus you'll spoil yourself on some cool things from the quests, and I think that would be a real shame.

Yeah, those were out when I left last, and I'd already completed them. I left a month or two after Nidus dropped.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I really enjoyed the last mission of the Octavia quest. It was unique enough and well put together.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    AsherAsher Registered User regular
    Got Harrow systems my first ever defection rotation C. Space pope has blessed me.

5 Rotations Cs of Pago later I'm feeling less blessed by my knowledge of how probability works is keeping me strong.

I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Octavia is definitely the trippiest quest in Warframe.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    Meh. If it doesn't exist, build it yourself. I tried to be concise.

Update 18: The Second Dream Dec. 3, 2015
    • Adds Focus system (which is due for a third rework hot on the heels of its second rework as of this writing)
    • Adds arena fights, boss, and mods on Sedna (makes Saryn a pain to get)
    • New Warframes: Ivara, Nezha, Inaros, Vauban Prime

Update 19: The Path To The War Within June 15, 2016
    • Adds new star chart and Junctions between planets where you fight a Warframe Specter to unlock quests, basic mods, and various blueprints.
    • Void Relics replace Void Keys. Select a void alert and relic. Everyone who collects 10 Reactants quickly enough can then choose among any of the rewards unlocked. Silver and Gold rarity items make it easier to tell what will sell for more ducats. Old Void Keys turn into Void Relics and may be valuable because they contain parts for prime frames and weapons which are no longer available (aka "vaulted"). Save up Void Traces and refine those relics at the new relic bench in your ship (unlocked via the Mars Junction on Earth) to get the best chance at the rarest prime stuff.
    • Endo replaces Fusion Cores. Level up mods using Endo which can be dropped by enemies, given as mission awards, or extracted from Ayatan Sculptures and Gems. Old Fusion Cores turn into Endo. Mods you don't want can be "melted" into Endo.
    • All sentinels can now equip Vacuum
    • Adds arena fights on Neptune which can be a good source of cash if you can kill high level enemies quickly. Stop scoring after you hit the point threshold. That lengthens the match, wasting everybody's time.
    • Adds Kavats (cat pets): Scan a bunch of Kavats in Orokin Derelicts or do a couple Kavat DNA alerts to be able to breed them.
    • You can get a pink growth on your Warframe's neck. Once it's fully grown, a room in your ship can fix it, or you can use it to make an infested pet.
    • New Warframes: Titania, Nidus

Update 20: Octavia's Anthem March 24, 2017
    Update 21: Chains of Harrow June 29, 2017
    • Throwing weapons and shotguns buffed
    • New Warframes: Harrow

Update 22: Plains of Eidolon Oct. 12, 2017
    • Adds Cetus and Plains of Eidolon to Earth.
    • Adds Ostron faction. Earn rep by doing bounties and donating fish and gems. Use rep to build custom melee weapons and buy better fishing and mining gear.
    • Adds Quills faction. Earn rep by turning in Sentient Cores (requires completing The War Within and Saya's Vigil)
    • New Warframes: Gara

• Options
    Hey @Blain, that's really awesome and informative, and I put a link to your post in the OP for returning players to get a better idea of some of what has changed since they last played.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Cool. I hope my ridiculous nerdery is helpful.

Blain on
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    Update 18 also made Chroma a pain

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    Can I get a reinvite? Beards is my ingame name.

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Aww they patched out Banshee's Sonar being able to highlight fish.

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Kelor wrote: »
    Aww they patched out Banshee's Sonar being able to highlight fish.

BOO. That sucks. Might not have been intended, but was entirely logical and thematic.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    Man, Argon Crystals are still a bit of a pain to get, I see. At least I have Inaros now.

I still need the blueprint and one other piece for Ivara, but also a ton of Niatin.

ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    korodullin wrote: »
    Man, Argon Crystals are still a bit of a pain to get, I see. At least I have Inaros now.

I still need the blueprint and one other piece for Ivara, but also a ton of Niatin.

I take it you weren't around for the twitch rewards? They handed out a lot of nitain that way and it was super helpful for people. My advice is to do every nitain alert you see, and if you don't have time to sit down and play a lot in the hopes of seeing one, you could download an app to let you know when an alert shows up.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Farmed the flippin' fuck out of Tyl Regor this morning/afternoon to collect all 8 Equinox blueprints while helping @squall99x accumulate a mass of plastids.

Was amusing to see how often folks would leave the squad after a completion and then get immediately paired with us again upon restarting the mission. Like, you'd expect them to notice that we were clearly farming and just stick around. But I guess they maybe were looking for a less competent squad.

And thanks to my undying dedication to running fissures, I also have a fine crew of Prime Frames cooking, which is sorta funny considering how few of the base frames I've actually collected.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    Was amusing to see how often folks would leave the squad after a completion and then get immediately paired with us again upon restarting the mission. Like, you'd expect them to notice that we were clearly farming and just stick around. But I guess they maybe were looking for a less competent squad.

I suspect it was the hope that they might land in an empty slot in a group that's not starting fresh.

Not that it necessarily saves all that much time, especially with a good/fast team versus rolling the dice and maybe getting a crappy group instead, but I've done it*, and definitely seen it done.

*Though if I realize a solid group is kicking ass, I'll stick with it rather than keep rolling those dice.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    When I did Equinox I would literally solo because it was faster. People would CC the boss, kill things that didn't need it, get lost, and my least favorite, slow Tyl during an invuln phase so he'd just be sloooooooooowly moving along and I couldn't kill him.

... Also I leave groups because sometimes when you don't they want to talk.

• Options
    i am enjoying the tune-ups of certain Warframes' kits such as Mag, Oberon, Limbo, Hydroid

I do wish they would take a look at some 1st skills that are just super underwhelming, though

i'm not saying every 1st skill should be like Atlas's but look at this

RmqqCjM.png

oMhAQKy.png

s7ahXbC.png

cdCLvnx.png

*every meme reaction pic ever posted*

Despoil being an aura now so you don't mash your 3 key for 20/40 minutes in survivals is pretty sweet though

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    The nice thing with soul punch is that it knocks enemies down and is a one-handed action. So you can just do a quick one-button stun on targets without interrupting anything else you were doing.

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    And it has that mod so that your punch is so strong it brings your teammates back to life.

• Options
    edited November 2017
    yeah, but have you ever modded Atlas so you can be One Punch Man

RFSIGEh.jpg

Nekros needs to hit the gym

Orphane on
  • Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    Farmed the flippin' fuck out of Tyl Regor this morning/afternoon to collect all 8 Equinox blueprints while helping squall99x accumulate a mass of plastids.

And thanks to my undying dedication to running fissures, I also have a fine crew of Prime Frames cooking, which is sorta funny considering how few of the base frames I've actually collected.

I've got like 3 different frames baking at the moment (Octavia, Equinox and Inaros) but all the Prime frames are missing at least one rare piece. @metaghost 's luck knows no bounds.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Nekros and Trinity prime are cooking. Last piece of limbo cooking before I put him in the oven. I also finished the harrow quest line, so I will need to attempt to pick up his pieces as well. Thinking about dropping a forma into my lex prime and my soma. My Tigris prime is my favorite but I need a secondary and am assault rifle to handle more esoteric missions.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Is there *any* reason to keep a base Frame once you get the Prime version? I don't think there was last time I played, but, admittedly that was a few years ago.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    Not if you've gotten them to rank 30 for the mastery.

Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    Is there *any* reason to keep a base Frame once you get the Prime version? I don't think there was last time I played, but, admittedly that was a few years ago.

Now that you can make your prime frame look like the basic frame and swap whether prime doodads show up on Tennogen skins, No reason other than to hit rank 30 with them first or to placate hoarder tendencies.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    I'm sure it has changed by now, but once upon a time Loki was considered superior to Prime Loki. IIRC this had to do with a very particular and cheesey build. I don't think this is the case anymore.

But yeah, as others have said, Prime is just better than vanilla.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
This discussion has been closed.