As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Twilight Imperium 4e - Game 2 - Round 7: Game Over!

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    We nominate Ketar

• KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    We do seem like a logical choice given our poor position and lack of points, sadly. We're going to search for some Romulan ale and ponder our life choices for a while.

Well, it's been 24 hours.
    @Ketar I think we should nominate you, rather than Mr Beauracracy or The Fat Cats who will Likely Get The Same Ability Later.

Although I've just realised it's the weekend, so it may be that players are not looking at the forums :confused:

Courtesy poking everyone for new Agenda @Phyphor @MrBody @Lykouragh @jakobagger

• MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    How exciting. Let's go ahead and start voting. @Ketar is up first.

Imperial Arbiter (Law)
    Elect Player: The elected player gains this card. At the end of the strategy phase, the owner of this card may discard this card to swap 1 of his strategy cards with 1 of another player's strategy cards.

Votes Available
    The L1z1x Mindnet: Up to 4 votes
    The Winnu: Up to 18 votes; must be in even increments
    The Emirates of Hacan: Up to 14 votes
    The Naalu Collective: Up to 7 votes
    Sardakk N'orr: Up to 5 votes
    The Embers of Muaat: Up to 6 votes; Speaker

4463rwiq7r47.png
    We would have liked to discuss things a bit, but this weekend was just bad timing.

4 votes for L1z1x.

We believe Naalu, N'orr and Muaat should also cast all votes for us as the alternative is either Winnu winning or Hacan buying enough votes to win, and neither are good options given their current positions. But do as you will.

Sorry, I didn't want to be waiting forever for folks to decide on card plays before voting starts. It's still possible to make deals and whatnot, though.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    We recommend the N'orr, as we are the only race unsullied by combat and peaceful by design.

• LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    If N'orr and particularly Muaat are ok voting for the Lizix I will too, otherwise my votes are as usual up for sale.

Yeah, we're fine with Lizix.
    Largely because we think any other vote will likely split things and give it to the cats or the Winnu. Both of which are pretty bad outcomes.

Oh come on, we're letting the player going first with 4 measly votes control the vote for themselves? At least the speaker controlling the vote makes sense.

The N'orr will vote for anything else just out of principle.

• jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    MrBody wrote: »
    Oh come on, we're letting the player going first with 4 measly votes control the vote for themselves? At least the speaker controlling the vote makes sense.

Vote for me :P

MrBody wrote: »

There was lots of time to discuss, but nobody actually did. So I voted for myself since Muaat had proposed L1z1x, and we probably should make sense as a least of all evils option. We have 1 VP to everyone else's 4 or 5. We have the fewest planets, the fewest votes, the fewest...it would be very difficult to cast yourself, or anyone else as being less of a threat. Ensuring that either Winnu or Hacan get this one seems like a very bad idea, but you do you :P

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    All to l1z1z

@jakobagger

Like, we're not against getting a free advantage, if people want to vote for us.
    Not really sure why they'd want to, but hey.

• jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    All votes on myself, why not.

vote lizix

L1z1x already won

@MrBody @Ketar @Phyphor @Lykouragh @jakobagger we'll have to start exhausting planets then.

Do unit upgrades count as a tech for this?

edited November 2017
    Not if they're part of your racial starting features.
    Or at least, I don't believe Necros can steal my warsuns.

My reading is:
    Racial Techs count.
    Starting Techs count.
    Normal Techs + Unit Upgrades that are researched count.
    Racial Units don't count.

discrider on
    @MrBlarney Start of Strategy Phase

We exhaust Dal Bootha, Saudor, Tar'mann, Xxehan

discrider has the reading correctly. In terms of the physical game, a technology is anything that's on a card, and not printed on the base race sheet. I'll try to get the update for the rest of the Agenda phase wrangled over the next few hours and then we can start up the next Strategy Phase. That will also probably be the last you'll hear from me for the next 36 hours as I prepare to head back from vacation.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited November 2017
    Round 5: Start of Strategy Phase

First Agenda
    The top card of the Agenda deck is drawn: "Anti-Intellectual Revolution".
    Naalu performs a transaction, giving their "Political Secret" promissory note to L1z1x.
    Naalu performs a transaction, giving their "Ceasefire" promissory note to Hacan.
    N'orr performs a transaction, giving their "Political Secret" promissory note to L1z1x.
    L1z1x plays Action Card "Trade Rider", predicting an outcome of Against. (AC 7 --> 6)
    Vote results: Against - 5 votes (Muaat), For - 5 votes (Naalu, N'orr); tie broken towards Against by Muaat.
    At the start of the Round 5 strategy phase, each player chooses and exhausts one planet for each technology owned.
    L1z1x's "Trade Rider" card activates, gaining them 5 Trade Goods. (TG 4 --> 9)
    Second Agenda
    The top card of the Agenda deck is drawn: "Imperial Arbiter".
    Vote results: L1z1x - 29 votes (L1z1x, Winnu, Naalu), Hacan - 14 votes (Hacan)
    L1z1x receives the "Imperial Arbiter" card, and may choose to discard the law to exchange their chosen Strategy Card with another player's at the end of the Strategy Phase.

Current Map: Round 5, Start of Strategy Phase

Current Technologies

Victory Points and Objectives
    The Winnu - 5 VP
    The Naalu Collective - 5 VP
    The Emirates of Hacan - 4 VP
    The Embers of Muaat - 4 VP
    Sardakk N'orr - 3 VP
    The L1z1x Mindnet - 1 VP

Public Objectives
    Lead from the Front (1 VP): Spend a total of 3 tokens from your Tactic and/or Strategy pools.: Naalu, Winnu, N'orr
    Negotiate Trade Routes (1 VP): Spend 5 Trade Goods.: Naalu, Muaat, N'orr, Winnu, Hacan
    Sway the Council (1 VP): Spend 8 influence.: Hacan, Winnu, Naalu, Muaat
    Diversify Research (1 VP): Own 2 technologies in each of 2 colors.: N'orr, Naalu, L1z1x
    Intimidate Council (1 VP): Have one or more ships in 2 systems that are adjacent to Mecatol Rex's system.
    Conquer the Weak (2 VP): Control 1 planet that is in another player's home system.
    4 Stage II Objectives have not yet been revealed.

Secret Objectives
    The Embers of Muaat: Become the Gatekeeper (Status Phase, 1 VP): Have one or more ships in a system that contains an Alpha wormhole and 1 or more ships in a system that contains a Beta wormhole.
    1 Secret Objective in hand.
    The L1z1x Mindnet: 1 Secret Objective in hand.
    The Winnu: 1 Secret Objective in hand.
    The Emirates of Hacan: Master the Laws of Physics (Status Phase, 1 VP): Own 4 technologies of the same color.
    2 Secret Objectives in hand.
    The Naalu Collective: Threaten Enemies (Status Phase, 1 VP): Have one or more ships in a system that is adjacent to another player's home system.
    2 Secret Objectives in hand.
    Sardakk N'orr: 2 Secret Objectives in hand.

Special Objectives
    Custodians of Mecatol Rex (1 VP): Claimed by Winnu
    Holy Planet of Ixth (1 VP): Granted to owner of Rarron, currently Hacan
    Hacan's Support of the Throne (1 VP): Promissory note currently held by Muaat
    Imperial Primary Ability (1 VP): Claimed by Winnu

The Embers of Muaat SPEAKER (discrider)
    Commodities: 0 / 4
    Trade Goods: 3
    Action Cards: 6

Tactic Pool: 2
    Fleet Pool: 4
    Strategy Pool: 2

Promissory Notes: L1z1x's Ceasefire, Hacan's Support for the Throne (Trade Agreement, Support for the Throne, Fires of the Gashlai)
    Technology: Plasma Scoring, Magen Defense Grid, Sarween Tools, Cruiser II

Worlds:
    R - Muaat (4R, 1I)
    R - Bereg (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)
    R - Dal Bootha (Cultural, 0R, 2I)
    R - Lirta IV (Hazardous, 2R, 3I)
    R - Saudor (Industrial, 2R, 2I)
    R - Tar'mann (Industrial, 1R, 1I, G)
    R - Xxehan (Cultural, 1R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Prototype War Sun (War Sun): As War Sun, but Movement 1.
    - Flagship: The Inferno: Combat Value 5 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. Action: Spend 1 token from your Strategy pool to place 1 Cruiser in this unit's system.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Fires of the Gashlai: Action: Remove 1 token from the Muaat player's Fleet pool and return it to his reinforcements. Then, gain your War Sun upgrade technology card. Then, return this card to the Muaat player.
    - Racial Technology: Magmus Reactor (Red, requires 2 Red): Your ships may move into supernovas. After 1 or more of your units use Production in a system that either contains a War Sun or is adjacent to a supernova, gain 1 Trade Good.
    - Racial Technology: Prototype War Sun II (unit upgrade, requires 3 Red and 1 Yellow): As War Sun, but Cost 10, Movement 3.
    - Star Forge: Action: Spend 1 token from your Strategy pool to place either 2 Fighters or 1 Destroyer from your reinforcements in a system that contains 1 or more of your War Suns.
    - Gashlai Physiology: Your ships can move through Supernovas.

The L1z1x Mindnet(Ketar)
    Commodities: 0 / 2
    Trade Goods: 9

Fleet Pool: 3
    Strategy Pool: 0

Promissory Notes: Muaat's Ceasefire, Muaat's Political Secret, Naalu's Political Secret, N'orr's Political Secret (Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Cybernetic Enhancements)
    Technology: Neural Motivator, Plasma Scoring, Sarween Tools, Inheritance Systems, Fleet Logistics, Gravity Drive, Cruiser II

Worlds:
    R - [0.0.0] (5R, 0I)
    R - Abyz (Hazardous, 3R, 0I)
    R - Arnor (Industrial, 2R, 1I)
    R - Fria (Hazardous, 2R, 0I)
    R - Lazar (Industrial, 1R, 0I, Y)
    R - Lor (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    R - Sakulag (Hazardous, 2R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Super-Dreadnought (Dreadnought): As Dreadnought, but Carry Capacity 2.
    - Flagship: [0.0.1]: Combat Value 5 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 5. Sustain Damage. During a Space Combat, hist produced by this ship and by your Dreadnoughts in this system must be assigned to non-Fighter ships if able.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Cybernetic Enhancements: At the start of your turn: Remove 1 token from the L1x1x player's Strategy pool and return it to his reinforcements. Then, place 1 command token from your reinforcements in your Strategy pool. Then, return this card to the L1z1x player.
    - Racial Technology: Inheritance Systems (Yellow, requires 2 Yellow): You may exhaust this card and spend 2 resources when you research a technology; ignore all of that technology's prerequisites.
    - Racial Technology: Super-Dreadnought II (unit upgrade, requires 2 Blue and 1 Yellow): As Dreadnought, but Combat Value 4, Movement 2, Carry Capacity 2. Sustain Damage, Bombardment 4. This unit cannot be destroyed by "Direct Hit" Action Cards.
    - Assimilate: When you gain control of a planet, replace each PDS and Space Dock that is on that planet with a matching unit from your reinforcements.
    - Harrow: After each round of Ground Combat, your ships in the active system may use their Bombardment abilities against your opponent's ground forces on the planet.

The Winnu (Phyphor)
    Commodities: 0 / 3
    Action Cards: 7

Fleet Pool: 5
    Strategy Pool: 1

Promissory Notes: Hacan's Ceasefire, (Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Acquiescence)
    Technology: Sarween Tools, Hegemonic Trade Policy, Plasma Scoring, War Sun

Worlds:
    R - Winnu (3R, 4I)
    R - Mecatol Rex (1R, 6I)
    R - Arinam (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    R - Meer (Hazardous, 0R, 4I, R, Research Team: Warfare)
    R - Wellon (Industrial, 1R, 2I, Y)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Salai Sai Corian: Combat Value 7 (x?), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. When this unit makes a combat roll, it rolls a number of dice equal to the number of your opponent's non-Fighter ships in this system.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Acquiescence: At the end of the Strategy Phase: Exchange 1 of your Strategy Cards with a Strategy Card that was chosen by the Winnu player. Then, return this card to the Winnu player.
    - Racial Technology: Lazax Gate Folding (Blue, requires 2 Blue): During your Tactical Actions, if you do not control Mecatol Rex, treat its system as if it contains both an Alpha and Beta wormhole. Action: If you control Mecatol Rex, exhaust this card to place 1 Infantry from your reinforcements on Mecatol Rex.
    - Racial Technology: Hegemonic Trade Policy (Yellow, requires 2 Yellow): Exhaust this card when 1 or more of your units use Production; swap the resource and influence value of 1 planet you control until the end of your turn.
    - Blood Ties: You do not have to spend influence to remove the Custodians token from Mecatol Rex.
    - Reclamation: After you resolve a Tactical Action during which you gained control of Mecatol Rex, you may place 1 PDS and 1 Space Dock from your reinforcements on Mecatol Rex.

The Emirates of Hacan (jakobagger)
    Commodities: 0 / 6
    Trade Goods: 6
    Action Cards: 7

Tactic Pool: 3
    Fleet Pool: 3

Promissory Notes: Winnu's Ceasefire, N'orr's Tekklar Legion, Naalu's Trade Agreement, Naalu's Ceasefire (Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Trade Convoys)
    Technology: Antimass Deflectors, Sarween Tools, Neural Motivator, Dacxive Animators, Hyper Metabolism, Production Biomes, War Sun

Worlds:
    R - Arretze (2R, 0I)
    R - Hercant (1R, 1I)
    R - Kamdorn (0R, 1I)
    R - Centauri (Cultural, 1R, 3I)
    R - Coorneeq (Cultural, 1R, 2I)
    R - Gral (Industrial, 1R, 1I, B)
    R - Quann (Cultural, 2R, 1I)
    R - Qucen'n (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    R - Rarron (Cultural, 0R, 3I, Holy Planet, Demilitarized)
    R - Resculon (Cultural, 2R, 0I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Wrath of Kenara: Combat Value 7 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. After you roll a die during a Space Combat in this system, you may spend 1 Trade Good to apply +1 to the result.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Trade Convoys: Action: Place this card faceup in your play area. While this card is in your play area, you may negotiate transactions with players who are not your neighbor. If you activate a system that contains 1 or more of the Hacan player's units, return this card to the Hacan player.
    - Racial Technology: Production Biomes (Green, requires 2 Green): Action: Exhaust this card and spend 1 token from your Strategy pool to gain 4 Trade Goods and choose 1 other player; that player gains 2 Trade Goods.
    - Racial Technology: Quantum Datahub Node (Yellow, requires 3 Yellow): At the end of the Strategy Phase, you may spend 1 token from your Strategy pool and give another player 3 of your Trade Goods. If you do, give 1 of your Strategy cards to that player and take 1 of his Strategy cards.
    - Masters of Trade: You do not have to spend a Command token to resolve the secondary ability of the Trade Strategy card.
    - Guild Ships: You can negotiate transactions with players who are not your neighbor.
    - Arbiters: When negotiating a transaction, Action Cards can be exchanged as part of that transaction.

The Naalu Collective (Lykouragh)
    Commodities: 0 / 3

Strategy Pool: 1

Promissory Notes: (Support for the Throne, Gift of Prescience)
    Technology: Neural Motivator, Dacxive Animators, Sarween Tools, Antimass Deflectors, Gravity Drive, Hybrid Crystal Fighter II

Worlds:
    R - Maaluuk (0R, 2I)
    R - Druaa (3R, 1I)
    R - Mehar Xull (Hazardous, 1R, 3I, R)
    R - New Albion (Industrial, 1R, 1I, G)
    R - Starpoint (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)
    R - Vefut II (Hazardous, 2R, 0I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Hybrid Crystal Fighter (Fighter): As Fighter, but Combat Value 8.
    - Flagship: Matriarch: Combat Value 9 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 6. Sustain Damage. During an invasion in this system, you may commit Fighters to planets as if they were ground forces. After combat, return those units to the space area.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Gift of Prescience: At the end of the Strategy Phase: place this card face up in your play area and place the Naalu "0" token on your Strategy Card; you are first in initiative order. The Naalu player cannot use his "Telepathic" faction ability during this game round. Return this card to the Naalu player at the end of the Status Phase.
    - Racial Technology: Hybrid Crystal Fighter II (unit upgrade, requires 1 Green and 1 Blue): As Fighter, but Combat Value 7, Movement 2. Does not need to be Carried; each Fighter in excess of your ships' Capacity counts as 1/2 of a ship against your Fleet pool.
    - Racial Technology: Hybrid Crystal Fighter II (unit upgrade, requires 1 Green and 1 Blue): As Fighter, but Combat Value 7, Movement 2. Does not need to be Carried; each Fighter in excess of your ships' Capacity counts as 1/2 of a ship against your Fleet pool.
    - Racial Technology: Neuroglaive (Green, requires 3 Green): After another player activates a system that contains 1 or more of your ships, that player removes 1 token from his Fleet pool and returns it to his reinforcements.
    - Telepathic: At the end of the Strategy Phase, place the Naalu "0" token on the Strategy Card; you are first in initiative order.
    - Foresight: After another player moves ships into a system that contains 1 or more of your ships, you may place 1 token from your Strategy pool in an adjacent system that does not contain another player's ships; move your ships from the active system into that system.

Sardakk N'orr (MrBody)
    Commodities: 1 / 3
    Trade Goods: 6
    Action Cards: 5

Tactic Pool: 1

Promissory Notes: (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Support for the Throne)
    Technology: Sarween Tools, Graviton Laser System, Antimass Deflectors, Gravity Drive, Exotrireme II

Worlds:
    R - Tren'lak (1R, 0I)
    R - Quinarra (3R, 1I)
    R - Lodor (Cultural, 3R, 1I)
    R - Mellon (Cultural, 0R, 2I)
    R - Tequ'ran (Hazardous, 2R, 0I)
    R - Thibah (Industrial, 1R, 1I, B)
    R - Torkan (Cultural, 0R, 3I)
    R - Zohbat (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Exotrireme (Dreadnought): As Dreadought, but Bombardment 4 (x2).
    - Flagship: C'morran N'orr: Combat Value 6 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. Apply +1 to the result of each of your other ships' combat rolls in this system.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Tekklar Legion: At the start of an Invasion Combat: Apply +1 to the result of each of your units' combat rolls during this combat. If your opponent is the N'orr player, apply -1 to the result of each of his unit's combat rolls during this combat. Then, return this card to the N'orr player.
    - Racial Technology: Valkyrie Particle Weave (Red, requires 2 Red): After making combat rolls during a round of Ground Combat, if your opponent produced 1 or more hits, you produce 1 additional hit.
    - Racial Technology: Exotrireme II (unit upgrade, requires 2 Blue and 1 Yellow): As Dreadnought, but Movement 2, Bombardment 4 (x2). This unit cannot be destroyed by "Direct Hit" action cards. After a round of Space Combat, you may destroy this unit to destroy up to 2 ships in this system.
    - Unrelenting: Apply +1 to the result of each of your units' combat rolls.

Neutral Worlds and Laws
    Research Team: Warfare: Attached to Meer. When the owner of this planet researches technology, he may exhaust this card to ignore 1 red prerequisite.
    Holy Planet of Ixth: Attached to Rarron. Control of this planet confers 1 victory point (and is lost upon loss of control). Units on this planet cannot use Production.
    Demilitarized Zone: Attached to Rarron. Players' units cannot land, be produced, or be placed on this planet.
    Imperial Arbiter: Owned by L1z1x. At the end of the strategy phase, this card may be discarded to swap L1z1x's strategy card with that of another player.

Order of Play
    The Embers of Muaat:
    The L1z1x Mindnet:
    The Winnu:
    The Emirates of Hacan:
    The Naalu Collective:
    Sardakk N'orr:

Due to the Against effect of "Anti-Intellectual Revolution", all players must exhaust one planet for each technology they have currently researched.
    The (4) Construction Strategy Card holds two Trade Goods and the (6) Warfare Strategy Card holds one Trade Good; a player selecting one of these cards acquires the goods on that card.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited November 2017
    So I'm exhausting 7 planets I guess. Dang luddites.

Exhaust:
    Hercant
    Kamdorn
    Centauri
    Corneeq
    Gral
    Quecen'n
    Rarron

jakobagger on
    7 technologies and 7 planets. Welp.

@jakobagger You only listed 6 planets.

@Phyphor @Lykouragh @MrBody to exhaust planets

Whoops, just counted lines so I read 'exhaust' as a planet. Fixed now.

Keep MR, exhaust the rest

edited November 2017
    Exhaust everything except Quinarra, Torkan, Zohbat

Darn intellectuals. Should have purged them all.

MrBody on
    Everyone remember whose decision this was!

exhaust all my planets

Speak of the devil, @discrider is up for choosing a strategy card.

edited November 2017
    Hey man, I was the only one who actually voted to NOT do it.

Everyone else thought it was a better idea to save their votes just so they could have them over to L1z1x without a fight :p

MrBody on
    Well, I doubted anyone would vote for me and having the person just before me with that ability is strictly better than the person just after me unless I'm speaker and I doubt I'll bother with politics

Obviously I need Tech.
    Or perhaps more space yards to construct cheap ships.
    Either way, For was really not good for me.

Leadership

@Phyphor