As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[.hack Discussion] Weird name, cult following. G.U. Last Recode out November 3.

2»

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Yeah, things were sped up. You get more exp per battle, run speed is faster, hit stop was removed so fights are faster. And then if you take into account the Book of 1000 and the original release schedule, plenty of folks had months between games to be completionist. Now you can and should just move onto Vol2 if you aren't going for achievements or full 100%.

• Options
    texasheattexasheat Registered User regular
    I spent the 3 day weekend %100 vol 1. 25 hours. The hardest things were the list of words and people. Everything else kinda just happened so easy.

Vol 2 started out and my book of 1000 capped like 3 or 4 books just by logging in...

Over all yes I'd say it's sped up. But there are still some things that will grind you down in time because they are tedious...IF you are going to %100, which I do not suggest because it does not appear worth it.

My main problem is I didn't play the original set of games, the ones with Kite. So I have no idea who these guys are in Vol 2 and it kinda seems like I'm supposed to...

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Awesome thanks for the info!

I'm actually thinking about using cheat mode for Vol 2.

Anyone know which actual weapon sets it starts you with? As I type that I realize how easy that would be to check but hey if someone knows and answers before I get home I guess it's still worth.

I assume you'd be locked out of the Doppleganger gear since you won't have the item from Vol 1. But as far as I can tell looking at the old a lot of the highest damage weapons in Vol 3 seem to be from some sort of tournament/arena so by then it wouldn't matter what you were locked out of and could still get the best stuff. Does that seem accurate?

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    I haven't played the new one, but if they upped the EXP gain, then yeah, it would go significantly faster. I remember doing some awful grinding in the olden times just to keep up with the story content.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    texasheattexasheat Registered User regular
    Oh yea, xp is nothing. I start a mission two level's higher and end it at the locations level. Ex level 46 going into level 48 location, full clear, leave as level 48.

I actually feel over leveled just doing all the side stuff.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    texasheat wrote: »
    Oh yea, xp is nothing. I start a mission two level's higher and end it at the locations level. Ex level 46 going into level 48 location, full clear, leave as level 48.

I actually feel over leveled just doing all the side stuff.

Yea I mean I'm level 43 in Vol 1 right now and I haven't done anything besides doing one of the keyword locations your friends send you between each of the arena battles not to fall behind. 14 hours played so far. Seems to fly by.

• Options
    QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    I need to change my signature, but I'd like to say that my Extra Life stream went rather well. I went 23 instead of 24 hours, but I blame that on work throwing OT at me on a day I was supposed to have off before the stream began. I got through Vol. 1 and was getting into Vol. 2 before my brain basically quit functioning. It was quite fun, and I got enough donations to make it all worthwhile.

wbee62u815wj.png