As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Catch-all sex scandal thread

TubeTube Registered User admin
We actually need one of these, how fucked up is that? I don't need to write a summary I don't think, but the latest one is that Chloe from Smallville has been accused of being involved in a sex slave cult.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    What the fuck?

• Options
    Okay I read up a bit

Allison Mack (according to the reports) is a recruiter for a sex slave cult, which uses brainwashing and blackmail

But looks like she might be the victim of brainwashing and blackmail herself? By a guy called Raniere who runs a self-help company?

Seriously what the fuck?

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Harvey Weinstein
    Louis CK
    George Takei
    Mariah Carey
    R Kelly
    Brett Ratner
    Donald Trump
    Roy Moore
    Ben Affleck
    Dustin Hoffman
    Steven Seagal
    Ed Westwick
    Kevin Spacey
    Richard Dreyfuss

probably missed a few

Brolo on
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I didn't know about half of those

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    Okay I read up a bit

Allison Mack (according to the reports) is a recruiter for a sex slave cult, which uses brainwashing and blackmail

But looks like she might be the victim of brainwashing and blackmail herself? By a guy called Raniere who runs a self-help company?

Seriously what the fuck?

HOLY SHIT

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    What the fuck is happening?

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Wait, Mariah Carey?

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    I thought that allison Mack stuff was from a Inquirer-esque tabloid

Chincymcchilla on
    I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Okay I'm having trouble finding non-tabloidy sources for the Allison Mack thing so I'm putting it on my "reserve judgment, wait for more details" list.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    A switch flipped and people started getting fed up

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    Harvey Weinstein
    Louis CK
    George Takei
    Mariah Carey
    R Kelly
    Brett Ratner
    Donald Trump
    Roy Moore
    Ben Affleck
    Dustin Hoffman
    Steven Seagal
    Ed Westwick
    Kevin Spacey

probably missed a few
    Andrew Kreisberg, showrunner for a good chunk of the CW DC superhero shows
    Eddie Berganza, senior editor at DC Comics

Not as high profile but still

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Wait, Mariah Carey?

lawsuit from a former bodyguard claiming that she performed “sexual acts with the intent that they be viewed by Anello.”
    Anello claims during a trip to Cabo San Lucas, Mariah asked him to come to her room to move some luggage and when he got there, she was wearing a see-through negligee that was open. He says he tried leaving but she insisted he move the luggage. He says he left the room and there was no physical contact.

Hermano on

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    man I was pissed off about all the celebrities dying in 2017

I don't know if i like this new trend any better,...

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    Beasteh wrote: »
    A switch flipped and people started getting fed up

No. People have been fed up for ages but powerless to do anything about it. The tide of power turned against a couple of high-profile victimizers which finally enabled people to come out strong against them. That in turn empowered other people to come forward against more powerful targets because there was finally some support.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    Nope, this new trend is good

Get all this shit out in the open, make it easier for people to come forward and be believed

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    If it gets absolutely everything out in the open this trend will be the best thing that's happened to pop culture in a long time.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    Thetheroo wrote: »
    Nope, this new trend is good

Get all this shit out in the open, make it easier for people to come forward and be believed

this only works of naming and shaming has any impact

and as Trump and Roy Moore have shown us, there's no guarantee of that

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Hermano wrote: »
    Wait, Mariah Carey?

lawsuit from a former bodyguard claiming that she performed “sexual acts with the intent that they be viewed by Anello.”
    Anello claims during a trip to Cabo San Lucas, Mariah asked him to come to her room to move some luggage and when he got there, she was wearing a see-through negligee that was open. He says he tried leaving but she insisted he move the luggage. He says he left the room and there was no physical contact.

that sounds more like a failed come on (though a particularly brazen one)

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I thought that allison Mack stuff was from a Inquirer-esque tabloid

Yeah. The waters get kind of muddied, because the sex cult is one hundred percent real and has been reported on by respectable outlets.

But her involvement with it has only really showed up in tabloids (the article I read on it was in the Daily Mail, for instance).

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    That's still sexual harassment. She's his boss

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    Wait, Mariah Carey?

No, she was his employer and it's harrassment

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Wait, Mariah Carey?

not an appropriate thing to do to someone you have a purely professional relationship with though

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Harvey Weinstein
    Louis CK
    George Takei
    Mariah Carey
    R Kelly
    Brett Ratner
    Donald Trump
    Roy Moore
    Ben Affleck
    Dustin Hoffman
    Steven Seagal
    Ed Westwick
    Kevin Spacey
    Richard Dreyfuss

probably missed a few

George HW Bush - Former US President
    Andrew Kreisberg - Executive producer of "Arrow", "Supergirl", "The Flash"
    Benjamin Genocchio - Executive director of the Armory Show art fair
    David Guillod - Co-chief executive of Primary Wave Entertainment agency
    Jeff Hoover -Kentucky speaker of the House
    Kirt Webster - Music publicist
    Andy Dick - Actor
    Michael Oreskes - Head of news at NPR and former New York Times editor
    Ken Baker - E! News correspondent
    Mark Halperin - NBC News and MSNBC contributor, author of "Game Change"
    Rick Najera - Director of CBS's Diversity Showcase
    Knight Landesman - Publisher of Artforum
    Terry Richardson - Fashion photographer
    John Besh - Chief executive of the Besh Restaurant Group
    Lockhart Steele - Editorial director of Vox Media
    Robert Scoble - Tech blogger and co-founder of the Transformation Group
    Chris Savino - Creator and showrunner of “The Loud House”

via

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/11/10/us/men-accused-sexual-misconduct-weinstein.html

Brolo on
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Don't forget George Bush in the list.

I'm super disappointed in the George Takei accusation. I'm really gonna have to keep tabs on that as it develops.

• Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    please do not mistake my comment for being dissapointed that this is getting out in the open.

I'm dissapointed with the both the sheer volume and the kind of people who are turning out to be garbage.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    Wait, Mariah Carey?

Nah, read the whole claim; if even half of what he says is true she was pulling some really inappropriate stuff a lot of the time.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Failed come ons in a work environment are sexual harassment

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    special shout outs to everyone who is stepping up in smaller communities and speaking out against microcelebrities

we will probably never hear about most of them but it is just as important for them to be held accountable as well

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Wait, Mariah Carey?

Also a bunch of very weird anti-white racist abuse coming from her going on in this one.

I mean, we knew Mariah Carey was a little crazy, but geez.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    special shout outs to everyone who is stepping up in smaller communities and speaking out against microcelebrities

we will probably never hear about most of them but it is just as important for them to be held accountable as well

who's gonna hold them accountable though

accountability only works if their community or their public has the interest, moral or material, to hold them to their actions

this is no longer the case among large swaths of the population and specific powerful elite communities

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Wait, Mariah Carey?

Nah, read the whole claim; if even half of what he says is true she was pulling some really inappropriate stuff a lot of the time.

yeah, I didn't read the whole thing

• Options

I'm super disappointed in the George Takei accusation. I'm really gonna have to keep tabs on that as it develops.
    We were told that Bush had, during a photo opp, groped her and told her that his favorite magician was “David Cop-a-Feel” while fondling her.

Reached for comment, Bush spokesperson Jim McGrath provided the following statement: “At age 93, President Bush has been confined to a wheelchair for roughly five years, so his arm falls on the lower waist of people with whom he takes pictures. To try to put people at ease, the president routinely tells the same joke — and on occasion, he has patted women’s rears in what he intended to be a good-natured manner. Some have seen it as innocent; others clearly view it as inappropriate. To anyone he has offended, President Bush apologizes most sincerely.”

that is pretty super fucked up, George HW Bush
    also fucked up is Jim McGrath's trying to explain that shit away

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular

accountability only works if their community or their public has the interest, moral or material, to hold them to their actions

this is no longer the case among large swaths of the population and specific powerful elite communities

in the case of many microcelebs, their name is their trade

anything that tarnishes that can have devastating effects for their prospective careers

what's nick robinson up to after getting fired from polygon

• Options

The RPG community has just had this

It's been fucking crazy times. I'm glad it's out but still.

• Options
    edited November 2017

anything that tarnishes that can have devastating effects for their prospective careers

oh listen, no doubt there are repercussions

for some of them

I was trying to hint at some current republican politicians, and my fear that that trend might spread further as more unscrupulous people try and use it to get out of these accusations

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options

We were told that Bush had, during a photo opp, groped her and told her that his favorite magician was “David Cop-a-Feel” while fondling her.

Reached for comment, Bush spokesperson Jim McGrath provided the following statement: “At age 93, President Bush has been confined to a wheelchair for roughly five years, so his arm falls on the lower waist of people with whom he takes pictures. To try to put people at ease, the president routinely tells the same joke — and on occasion, he has patted women’s rears in what he intended to be a good-natured manner. Some have seen it as innocent; others clearly view it as inappropriate. To anyone he has offended, President Bush apologizes most sincerely.”

And weren't there multiple women coming forward about him? I thought I last read it was like 12 but that may have been about someone else.

• Options

And weren't there multiple women coming forward about him? I thought I last read it was like 12 but that may have been about someone else.

I think it's 6 now with this particular complaint

• Options
    I'm just shocked that apparently so many people have thought 'this is an ok thing for me to do to someone else'

why?!

=/

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Society teaches us that women are property.

That needs to change

Fencingsax on
  • Options

oh listen, no doubt there are repercussions

for some of them

I was trying to hint at some current republican politicians, and my fear that that trend might spread further as more unscrupulous people try and use it to get out of these accusations

That's a very different situation. Politicians backed by a major political party have possibly the most power and social protection of anyone and almost complete control of at least a branch of the media that would otherwise take them to task in the public eye.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

This discussion has been closed.