As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Musical Guests 2018

melzwaymelzway Registered User regular
I don't know if any of the decision makers check this out but I'd really like to see these performers this PAX. I was at their concert last night and it was AWESOME!!

Scale the Summit
Angel Vivaldi
Andy James

• builderr0rbuilderr0r Registered User regular
    I would really like to see the Video Game Orchestra!

steam_sig.png
  • ZeroHourHeroZeroHourHero Allentown, PARegistered User regular
    builderr0r wrote: »
    I would really like to see the Video Game Orchestra!

They were there once upon a time, it was a phenomenal show.

• yutani sanyutani san MaineRegistered User regular
    VGO has always been the BEST performance, and it seems you guys skip bringing them every other year. PLEASE bring them for 2018.

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I enjoyed VGO however I will admit that the last time I saw them they skewed really heavily towards jrpg stuff which I don't know well and I got kind of bored. The first year though, they went into a Mario medley and it was super fun.

I really loved the year they got Sam Hart too.

• ervtronervtron PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    really hoping to see Anamanaguchi back again, they were great in 2014 and it's so hard to come across their live shows anymore

• RachiekinRachiekin Registered User regular
    I would love to see FYGAR

• Bunta_FujiwaraBunta_Fujiwara Albany, NYRegistered User regular
    Anamanaguchi, Protomen, Bit Brigade, VGO please!

Also, does the extra day off PAX mean an extra day off concerts@

zmYaVYP.png
  • whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    Prime has 2 days of concerts and Acq Inc. for Fri/Sat/Sun night. Wouldn't be surprised if they kept this for East.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • yutani sanyutani san MaineRegistered User regular
    I enjoyed VGO however I will admit that the last time I saw them they skewed really heavily towards jrpg stuff which I don't know well and I got kind of bored. The first year though, they went into a Mario medley and it was super fun.

I really loved the year they got Sam Hart too.

I think its because they have a contract with a publisher, I remember them mentioning they had a set they pretty much had to play so they only did like 1-2 off track songs because they were touring in Europe or something. Im also hoping if they return they have more of a medley.

I still remember the Dragonborn performance, that was seriously amazing. And of course Super hexagon. I want to see these again so badly XD

• melzwaymelzway Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Scale the Summit is from the Boston area. I think they'd be great.

I like VGO. I think they were at East a few years ago. Good performance.

melzway on
  • PavioPavio Registered User regular
    I'm just hoping Paul and Storm are back! They're always a big highlight.

v6h3hfs2v597.png
  • nevermore13nevermore13 Registered User regular
    If Paul and storm have new stuff i would love to see them. Protomen are always a highlight for me because of the energy they bring.

I know it's wishful thinking but I would also really like to see joco make a return.

• sillyzombie666sillyzombie666 massRegistered User regular
    edited December 2017
    i would LOVE to see lame genie , psychostick, Urizen, power glove, there needs to be some new headliners after 9 years of this show

sillyzombie666 on
    I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN
  • ironysparklesironysparkles Lowell, MARegistered User regular
    Anamanaguchi, Protomen, Bit Brigade, VGO please!

Also, does the extra day off PAX mean an extra day off concerts@

Anamanaguchi AND the Protomen on one night would rock my socks off.

UyhWici.png
  • TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    Darren Korb would be amazing.

• SepiothSepioth Boston, MARegistered User regular
    there needs to be some new headliners after 9 years of this show

Could not agree more. Seems it's the same artists year after year.

But I still go year after year :)

4gzp0ml63v5i.png
  • JcobrockstarJcobrockstar Registered User new member
    edited January 2018
    Applied for PAX multiple times with my group. Hope to get in this year! Check it out if you’re interested. I write hard rock/heavy metal songs with lyrics inspired by video games under the name, The Arkadian. I also cover video game tunes.

zerzhul on
  • SepiothSepioth Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Just watched the video for Rainbow Road .. awesome work. It's pretty good.

For those interested.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/arkadianvideogamerock/
    Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/arcadian-453478942

Here's to hoping they approve you. Be really nice to have some a new artist as well as someone local.

4gzp0ml63v5i.png
  • craftersshaftcraftersshaft Registered User regular
    I loved The OneUps at East 17! Wonder if they're coming back this year

eBcBx26.png
  • Streetlight345Streetlight345 Seekonk, MARegistered User regular
    I saw somewhere that Anamanaguchi were playing a show in Boston March 30/31. Maybe they stick around and play PAX afterwards.

OgqpDBS.png
    PAX East 2019!
    Badges [X] Hotel [X] Time off request [X]
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Streetlight345
  • Bunta_FujiwaraBunta_Fujiwara Albany, NYRegistered User regular
    That's a long stay, doubtful unless they have other nearby shows, but fingers crossed

zmYaVYP.png
  • djlybsdjlybs Slayer of the Datas Boston MetroRegistered User regular
    iirc, they are based out of nyc. That's at most a 5 hour drive. So while it's unlikely, them performing at PAX east the following weekend is definitely not out of the realm of possibility given they have probably starting to gear up to prompt their upcoming album.

MvyuK6O.png
  • danielofthekingsdanielofthekings Silver Spring, MarylandRegistered User regular
    I saw somewhere that Anamanaguchi were playing a show in Boston March 30/31. Maybe they stick around and play PAX afterwards.

Yea they are playing at the Cyclorama at Anime Bostons Game Over Event.

It's been so long since they played East, so that would be fun! They put on a great live show.

UyhWici.png
  • whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    http://east.paxsite.com/performers

Acq Inc.
    Paul and Storm
    Powerglove
    Super Soul Bros.

...and a secret musical guest.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • PavioPavio Registered User regular
    Yes! Paul and Storm!

But also--is there any way that the mystery guest isn't MC Frontalot? I mean, is it really a PAX concert if he isn't there?

v6h3hfs2v597.png
  • koolarookoolaroo Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    More to come? 4 bands really isn't much. Though they could give super soul bros a 4 hour set and I would be happy lol. Also I hope they don't make them use electronic instruments I really wasn't a fan of how much they encouraged that.

koolaroo on
  • ervtronervtron PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    really wish they would expand their musical performance list a bit. I love the idea of concerts in main theatre at night because of how close it is to hotels but the lack of variance has lead me to just looking for other parties throughout the city every night

• thorkonthorkon Registered User regular
    ervtron wrote: »
    really wish they would expand their musical performance list a bit. I love the idea of concerts in main theatre at night because of how close it is to hotels but the lack of variance has lead me to just looking for other parties throughout the city every night

If I recall only Paul and Storm have performed on the main stage so far. Not sure about the others, (Acq inq. not a band).

They have to have more bands then 3 though... Thats only enough for 1 night, we have 3 nights now!

• Streetlight345Streetlight345 Seekonk, MARegistered User regular
    The schedule leaked for a minute before it was taken down. It showed "Final Fantasy Concert" I believe on Friday so VGO?. Also, would they have 3 nights of concerts or stick to 2 as usual?

OgqpDBS.png
    PAX East 2019!
    Badges [X] Hotel [X] Time off request [X]
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Streetlight345
  • melzwaymelzway Registered User regular
    Interesting. I never hears soul bros.

• starNOstarstarNOstar Buffalo, NYRegistered User regular
    No Protomen?

5fhxvn385q28.png
  • SkrepoSkrepo Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Spoilers since it wasn't official put out buts it's in the letter with bobcats.
    Thursday:
    Acquisitions Inc. Live / Friday: Final Fantasy Friday with Square Enix and VGO / Saturday : Super Soul Bros, Paul and Storm, Powerglove

Skrepo on
  • koolarookoolaroo Registered User regular
    More to come? 4 bands really isn't much. Though they could give super soul bros a 4 hour set and I would be happy lol. Also I hope they don't make them use electronic instruments I really wasn't a fan of how much they encouraged that.
    The schedule leaked for a minute before it was taken down. It showed "Final Fantasy Concert" I believe on Friday so VGO?. Also, would they have 3 nights of concerts or stick to 2 as usual?
    2 nights acquisition inc takes the place of a concert on the third night. Really hoping there are more than 4 bands main stage I don't get why it would just be vgo friday and then squeeze the other 3 in saterday.

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I am hoping that it will be a full 2-3 hour vgo show. the typical pax band slot is like 45 minutes per act.

• SatoruSatoru Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    I am hoping that it will be a full 2-3 hour vgo show. the typical pax band slot is like 45 minutes per act.

I'm all for a 2-3 hour VGO session :)

I understand why no Protomen... I love seeing them live, but also getting Act III anytime soon would be amazing.

No MC Frontalot makes me sad, though. I love his live shows, and I've been getting into his music even more lately.

UyhWici.png
  • MephistoN7MephistoN7 Sexual Tyrannosaurus Keene, NHRegistered User regular

The VGO concert is apparently a Final Fantasy XIV concert.

erdub14zr3u2.png

• sillyzombie666sillyzombie666 massRegistered User regular
    i am sooo damn happy power glove finally gets main stage. 2011 was my first pax and i randomly stumbled apon their mag fest stage show and it was one of the best mosh pits / concerts i have ever been in, same with the year after

I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Do we know the official order for Saturday night? I'd like to go to Paul and Storm but the instrumental stuff isn't my thing.