As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Chimera's Midweek Movie Monster Mash! [b-movies from 80's and 90's]

• Options
    ChimeraChimera Monster girl with a snek tail and five eyes Bad puns, that's how eye roll. Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    ONE HOUR UNTIL THE STREAM STARTS YOU NERDS! https://www.rabb.it/ChiTheMonster

zhh679z121c9.png

Chimera on
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Glad to catch it tonight. Hopefully work won't be a problem next week.

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Hmm, never mind.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    Had a great time! It's 2AM here and I got work in the morning.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I'm very happy that everyone seemed to enjoy Freaked. I'm glad Chi accepted my suggestion to include it. I caught it on cable back in the 90's and then could never find any evidence it existed (kinda generic title) until the DVD came out, I think for the 10th anniversary.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    I had fun! I look forward to next week.

• Options
    ChimeraChimera Monster girl with a snek tail and five eyes Bad puns, that's how eye roll. Registered User regular
    To nights final movie features a woman who's vagina cuts off the dick of her lovers and makes them bleed out instantly. You're welcome.

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Couldn't make the stream this week due to PhD work/stress but I'll see if I can turn up next time!

• Options
    Thanks everyone who made it out this week! Sorry about the technical difficulties, I am working on a solution to that for next week.

• Options
    NSDFRandNSDFRand FloridaRegistered User regular
    It was pretty good. I'd never watched Kill Point before but I enjoyed the inexplicable fight scenes.

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I originally thought Lady Terminator would be a case of naming an unrelated movie to something popular-adjacent, but was surprised that it actually had several story beats from Terminator inexplicably as it's middle bit.

Also the Terminator lady was very attractive even though low-def. She only has two credits on imdb, 1 as the Lady Terminator, and one as the makeup artist on Lady Terminator.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    Looks like the tech issues were on Rabb.it's side after all! They said they have it fixed and a quick test I just did confirms it! <3

lf3afbcfi75i.png

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    I wont be traveling this week, I'd like to hop in the next one!

• Options
    Fantastic, see you there!

• Options
    So going to do the stream differently this time, instead of a playlist I am going to try and just shove all the hours of video into one big long video and to make it flow more smoothly in transition between movies I am working on my own bumps with a distinct low-fi 80s local tv station feel to them. Tell me what you think of this example:

https://youtu.be/QtD4AQBDIO8

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Won’t that take forever to render?

• Options
    Won’t that take forever to render?

If i start today, maybe I'll have it ready by December.

• Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    When moar!

• Options
    No-Quarter wrote: »
    When moar!

Tomorrow night at 9pm EST! <3

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I have to say I'm actually looking forward to this.

Which is a weird feeling and I don't care for it at all.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Thursdays used to be my "free" day but I'm legit saying to people "oh I can't, I'm watching 80s movies."

• Options
    Mortious wrote: »
    I have to say I'm actually looking forward to this.

Which is a weird feeling and I don't care for it at all.

Good, my plan is working and the subliminal messages are working their tendrils around your mind. <3
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    Thursdays used to be my "free" day but I'm legit saying to people "oh I can't, I'm watching 80s movies."

Haha, should rename it to "Chimera's just after midweek but not yet weekend movie monster mash" for the international simulcast to our friends across the IDL.

• Options
    Do you plan on doing a recap show at some point? I'd be down for an encore of Kill Point and Mutant Hunt.

• Options
    NSDFRand wrote: »
    Do you plan on doing a recap show at some point? I'd be down for an encore of Kill Point and Mutant Hunt.

Oh yeah, we will likely do, best-of, viewer choice, and theme nights that will have some reruns in them. I also will recycle some of the more popular movies from time to time and put them in at different time slots than when they first aired on the stream.

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Chimera you need special guests from time to time to introduce the videos.

Like, not us, I mean just people that hang out at your place if you have someone over.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Kill Point was bafflingly awful

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular

Like, not us, I mean just people that hang out at your place if you have someone over.

Said guest must be from the time period and know nothing about the world from the 90's on

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Atomika wrote: »

You just don't understand HIGH ART! :P

• Options

In the fantasy world that I live in I would like to someday make animated intros and outros and host the movies Elvira style or like Jim Bob from TNT's MonsterVision.
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »

Said guest must be from the time period and know nothing about the world from the 90's on

Sadly Cameron Mitchel died in 94. Think we can get Joe Don Baker?

• Options
    I would watch Kill Point again just for the sudden karate bouts and the Bill Wallace cameo in the first person sparring scenes.

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Chimera wrote: »
    Atomika wrote: »

You just don't understand HIGH ART! :P

That is what people say about me

• Options
    I used to watch Joe Bob Briggs every night on TNT and The Movie Channel.

• Options
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    I used to watch Joe Bob Briggs every night on TNT and The Movie Channel.

Me too, he's my here! <3

• Options
    edited November 2017
    https://youtu.be/QtD4AQBDIO8

25 MINUTES UNTIL THE STREAM STARTS! The room is currently open to join and some music is queued up to hold us all over until 9:00 pm EST.

https://www.rabb.it/ChiTheMonster

Chimera on
  • Options
    Thanks to everyone that came out for tonight's show! Maintained about 20 most of the night! See you all next Wednesday for a slightly shorter, Thanksgiving themed line up! <3

• Options
    Ughhh my head.

Stream was good, had to punch out part way through whatever that incomprehensible movie with the demons and the mustaches.

• Options
    I'm so tired... and I am holding Chimera personally responsible for my bad decisions.

• Options
    REJCEL!

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Ok. That was absolutely wonderful. Some of the most fun I've had in a while. Hit me right in the nostalgia of me staying up past my bedtime and sneaking out to the living room to watch Movie Macabre.

I'm paying for it today. Let's hope no one needs actual IT support today at work. But man, just great fun.

• Options
    GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Might I suggest this lovely canadian offering for the next rotation:
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=Esjc0rPj3K4
    Really good movie shot on a budget of $350k canadian.

Alernately: https://youtube.com/watch?v=cxKUQENmcsg
    Certainly nails that cheezy 80's horror vibe :p

Gaddez on