As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Cats

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Knob wrote: »
    Does cat jail at least recognise him as a regular? Or do you have to post bail and get his cat lawyer on the phone first.

It doesnt happen frequently enough that they recognize him. I do have to pay cat bail of ten bucks every time I pick him up.

This last time I got his ass microchipped since SOMEONE takes his collar and tag every time he goes in.

this lady sounds like a shithead

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    We talkin about cats in here?

This is Jade - left, and Cassie - right.
    fl2ti1Q.jpg
    They are both extremely affectionate
    UKJi8vx.jpg
    Also, what?
    Xdn8MI5.jpg

• 2 Marcus 2 Ravens2 Marcus 2 Ravens CanadaRegistered User regular
    This is a creature that lives in my house.

dfYh7ll_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

• KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Does cat jail at least recognise him as a regular? Or do you have to post bail and get his cat lawyer on the phone first.

It doesnt happen frequently enough that they recognize him. I do have to pay cat bail of ten bucks every time I pick him up.

This last time I got his ass microchipped since SOMEONE takes his collar and tag every time he goes in.

this lady sounds like a shithead

Yeah. Especially because she knows him, and knows exactly where he lives, and has been asked if she absolutely must trap neighborhood animals, please just call me or toss him over the back fence or anything other than put him in cat jail.

• msuitepyonmsuitepyon Registered User regular
    This is Lady Philomena Catterly. She's a tremendous bitch sometimes, other times she's a snuggly kitty.

jpxsrkofdwqh.jpg

Not pictured: Noelle. She's a bit of a recluse.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I do not have cats but my parents have cats whom I visit every other Sunday.

5cUiLZxl.jpg

This is Ferra. Short for Ferra Faucet, because boy does she love her some running water. The moniker came because when we got her as a kitten she would demand to be let into the bathrooms during showers and I would have to play goalie while my dad was peeling potatoes for dinner. She was a very tiny kitten and is still a very small cat. She is also a complete asshole to her sister, CJ, and will frequently swat her in the mornings before breakfast just because. And when she's getting attention from my mom. And when she's in the same area, room, house, plane of existence, etc.

9MGkZSEl.jpg

This is CJ. She is 90% floof and 100% pure love. She is a pacifistic cat despite being the equivalent of a bodybuilder who can take out her sister with one good swat when really riled up. Or purely by accident when it's time for the kitty derby and Ferrah is on the inside corner as CJ is making her turn. CJ is short for Casey Junior, because a while back we had another cat named Casey and their faces were identical, to the point where they would be confused in the darkness. Considering one is a lovable floof and the other was an ornery ball of razors this sometimes had unfortunate consequences.

3Yb3Xi5l.jpg

This is Ferra and CJ together in a rare moment where Ferra is not being a little prick to CJ.

• chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I have 4 cats
    [img][/img]
    Lana
    Pe0G5Z3.jpg?1
    Maxwell
    [img][/img]
    Pancake
    [img][/img]
    Murdock

They are all precious angels and complete idiots

But how is China House?

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    It's a totally solid delivery place!

CYpGAPn.png
  • RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    My cat is named Rinzler, since he's such a goddang purrbaby. He's very smart, very cute and cuddly and loves me and gets very upset when I'm depressed and then bites me.

Look at this dang guy!
    fh3nbjyk8vma.jpg
    v24rujixnab9.jpg
    n4u5duq1vxcu.jpg
    z1iabdq01g5q.jpg

Rainfall on
  • DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    I love all these cats!!

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Turns out most of the photos I have of my cat is of her sleeping like an idiot
    m6p0cmkuynrd.jpg
    l77qd3bzy5p9.jpg
    61260yto4it2.jpg
    I don't remember why I briefly gave her this collar, but I'm sure it was for something absolutely hilarious
    7jpiycu2gzv6.jpg
    Also, it wasn't until I brought her home that I realized that there are, in fact, certain cats that do not have a cat trap reflex.
    n9dfgt2ip60m.jpg
    Yes, you can attempt to rub that belly, yes she will allow you to, and yes it is actually the greatest thing ever. Stay jealous, friends.

Zxerol on
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    CJ the Floof will also gladly allow me to rub her belly. She will then spend the next twenty minutes headbutting my hand in between pets.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    My cat goes absolutely crazy for tummy rubs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj6GMLvs6rA

• MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    My wife and I love cats. This is Babou, he is an asshole:
    pvefsynp0vpy.jpg
    I found Babou while out hunting Pokemon last summer. He was skin and bones, so we took him in and fed him for a couple days while we found his owner. Three months later I was leaving for work and he just walked in the front door. Now he hangs out with us all the time:
    7yiix5z2scpv.jpg

This is another stray, Viggo:
    vjbbtt50lxz1.jpg
    Viggo also just walked in our front door. Sadly, we were leaving for PAX the next day, and the housesitter let him out while we were gone - never to return. Hopefully he found a good home.

We got to foster kittens last year! This is half of them:
    c0q3v5d6c63k.jpg
    It was heartbreaking, as we couldn't say no to taking the whole litter, but their sheer numbers meant we couldn't spend quality time with each one and they reinforced bad habits. So most of the time they looked like:
    9vxj6l6jiz53.jpg
    Ten of them were jet black, while the last one was black and white - Mallory. She eventually came around, and I think two of the black ones did at their new home, but I'm afraid the rest were rehomed at a barn.

We take care of all the neighborhood cats:
    ed5otm6eq6s2.jpg

In 2001 or so, I had a dream about this weird looking white cat I named Gizmo. Two weeks later, my wife called up and told me Gizmo was waiting at home - she was a stray that had been living under my inlaws' house for a week and they'd managed to catch. The owner had declawed her and left her outside for a month, so she was half dead and most of her her teeth had to be removed. She never complained about that or anything, and was a perfect angel that loved everyone she met - greeting our friends and strangers at the door with her tongue hanging out. (Hidden in the back is Kiara, my inlaw's cat. She lived with us for a while, but was too aggressive with Gizmo, so we had to give her to my MIL, who had adopted Kiara's sister Coco.)
    a0o3m0feo6tp.jpg
    We lost her last summer, and I still can't really talk about her without tearing up, but she'd want you all to know she loved you all and also :P
    qwm1vs4mr0ni.jpg

• KadithKadith Registered User regular
    my cats are a little big but they are so tired of my shit
    rBdh4SUl.jpg

zkHcp.jpg
  • TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Every cat in this thread is an A+ cat.

Here's my cat, Sigerson:

tumblr_nqs6siPYrF1qlepd7o5_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nqs6siPYrF1qlepd7o8_1280.jpg

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I am very allergic to cats. This is sad because cats seem cool.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Morning cat photo after finding out the big postal survey thing on marriage equality came back majority yes today

• MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    This is Izzy. She's almost twelve.

5ec9j548egc6.jpeg

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    I have two cats, they are quite adorable
    WsemlUv.jpg

p1y2py4.jpg

The orange one is 15, and refuses to spend his nights anywhere except on my head.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
    Gizmo is a real cutie. That little tongue! Sounds like she got a lot of love.

• MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    Husband is allergic to cats. It's the worst.

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    KITTIES.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
    I have seven of the fuckers. They have formed their own society in my house, which I am sometimes allowed to participate in. Specifically at dinner time.

There's nothing like turning on a light switch and having seven cats staring at you like you've interrupted a sacred ritual.

I love 'em.

• chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Tonkka wrote: »
    KITTIES.

I was wondering if your head was gonna explode

• KizmittKizmitt Registered User regular
    epdku4dfrkf8.jpg

Plasma is good at two things; hunting and posing.

• Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular

time for a divorce

broken image link
  • EmporiumEmporium Registered User regular
    sieuyfkmqu5f.jpg

Loki (grey) and Baloo (white/black) trying out some newly assembled chairs shortly after we moved into our new house. They're rescues, and to the best of our knowledge are littermates - they were found in the same barn, and our vet estimated them to be the same age when we took them in for their first checkup. They're both mischievous, energetic boys that usually only make me suspicious when I can't hear them running around and/or wrestling with each other.

g52az0t8uson.jpg

Daisy is our newest rescue. At some point when she was out in the wild, she lost her back left paw. Based on how it healed, our vet's best guess is that she self-amputated it. As she is a stone-cold badass, she takes no shit from our dumb boys. She can get around well enough, but walking around is laborious enough for her that she's usually content to to sunbathe or find a comfy spot in our living room.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

That 'someone' is your neighbour. She's trying to get rid of your cat.

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    ... I think he knows, dude.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Get rid of your neighbour, is what I am trying to say.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqwaP7h9a7g

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    cat thread I have a question about cats

this is my question

dayum1rih7tr.jpg

??

?????????

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I've seen stuff like that to prevent cats from biting while being groomed

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular

I am insanely allergic to cats.

I can confirm that it is, in fact, the worst.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    I am very allergic to cats. This is sad because cats seem cool.

I am allergic to cats and I OWN TWO OF THEM

I took cammy in when a close friend couldn't take care of her anymore because she was losing her house and Cammy always liked me a ton every time I would visit she would crawl all over me.

Then of course last year I found Duck under the wheel well of my car all emaciated and anemic and only like a month or so old. So we had to bring him in and feed him and get him checked at the vet. Now he's one of the spunkiest cats I've ever known. Maybe not quite as much as my old cat melkor but melkor had neurological problems I think duck is just really into aggressive play and cammy is too old.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Also both my cats like it when I put my entire meaty paw over their face and give their heads a light squeeze.

• DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    We had three cats, Giblet, Zon-Zon, and Shaelyn. Then a one eyed stray kitten/young cat showed up at our back door. We took him in, payed a lot of money to get him healthy, and his name is Jack.

Then two more kittens/young cats showed up at our back door. We got them healthy and found them a home last month.

Yesterday we found and took in another very young stray, who showed up at our back door. This ones eyes are clouding over and is very possibly pregnant.

There is apparently some sort of invisible cat sign on our house that says "Suckers live here."

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.