As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

mister police. you could have saved her. I gave you all the [MOVIES]

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    The fact that Cavill wouldn't shave his moustache and demanded they CG it out is so openly contemptuous of the film.

Fake moustaches are a thing if you really need it for reshoots dude.

I think the situation is he needs it for the Mission Impossible movie he’s concurrently shooting and is contractually unable to get rid of it

He wasn’t supposed to be shooting more Justice League stuff by then

6F32U1X.png
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Yeah I was under the impression it was the mission impossible production that stopped him shaving it rather than his own choice.

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    Mr. G wrote: »
    The fact that Cavill wouldn't shave his moustache and demanded they CG it out is so openly contemptuous of the film.

I think the situation is he needs it for the Mission Impossible movie he’s concurrently shooting and is contractually unable to get rid of it

Fake facial hair is very much a solved problem in film making.

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular

Fake facial hair is very much a solved problem in film making.

Yes, but I believe from mission impossible's perspective it is a problem for the other person to solve, not them.

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I endeavour to one day have my moustache under contract.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    I endeavour to one day have my moustache under contract.

Easy-peasy, just sign and date at the bottom of this form please:

I, Veldrin V. Veldrin (esq.) of the Penny Arcade forums, hereby declare that under no circumstances of any kind will I ever shave off my moustache, under punishment of paying chrishallett83 of the Penny Arcade forums AUD$1.76 or buying him a MARS bar.

X____________________ __/__/____

• Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    What does the V stand for

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    deadpool 2 teaser
    if you're sick of trailers doing the same trend over and over, the deadpool trailers are a nice respite at least

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular

Very

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »

Very

Which is short for Veritably.

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Justice League reviews are rolling in and basically every single one I've seen has the gist being "it's fine, but not great".

Superman is apparently a lot more like Comics Superman, which is good

Well...

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/11/justice-league-review/
    Once in awhile, there comes along something so egregiously bad that trying to find something good to say about it is its own kind of cruelty; such an obvious act of reaching only highlights the production’s garish dimensions, its abject failures. And, worse still, it can encourage more. In these instances, pure and unadorned honesty is really the only way to go, difficult as it may be to deliver. And so, dear Justice League, I must say that no, the lighting is not good. The script is not interesting. The costumes are not fun. The film is, plainly stated, terrible, and I’m sorry that everyone wasted their time and money making it—and that people are being asked to waste their time and money seeing it. I hate to be so blunt, but it simply must be said this time.

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    I've heard Justice League likened to a dream that's got four stories going on at the same time when you wake up you want strawberries.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    "Complaining loudly about comic book movies" has become a lucrative industry, so no surprise that some people get in on it

6F32U1X.png
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    In the original Conan stories my understanding is he wore armour like a non-idiot would. It's only really the Franzetta cover art that started that idea.

Conan wore armour whenever it was practical

It's just that often he was basically trying to sneak into place to nick everything not bolted down so he eschewed it in the place of more loot

I always liked that Conan was a thief more than anything. He was stealthy and robbed shit from rich people.

• WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    is snyder gonna keep making the big DC movies forever or what's going on

it would be cool to get a clean break, maybe? I don't know

4SMZq.jpg
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Guess I'm not seeing JL

• Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    He didn't finish this one, I imagine he's blessedly free for the moment.

• LarsLars Registered User regular
    Didn't WB recently announce that future DC movies would let the director's do their own thing and not hold them to a unified universe?

Kind of a bad sign to announce that just before Justice League's release. Real show of confidence in their cinematic universe.

• PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    I always liked that Conan was a thief more than anything. He was stealthy and robbed shit from rich people.

The Dark Horse comics are really good. They play Conan as a bit of trickster - the muscle-bound thief whose secret power is that he is much smarter than he looks.

• FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Well, I still think Man of Steel was one of the best superhero movies we've had this century, so I'm thankful we got that one from him. BvS wasn't really good, but I liked it more than most did. They needed more time to flesh out that story, for sure. Wonder Woman was really just good to me. I'll have to see it again, but something just never fully clicked with me there. But it was very "just good."

Justice League looks like something I have to see just because I've come this far, may as well see what the mess they've made is.

Fawst on

The Dark Horse comics are really good. They play Conan as a bit of trickster - the muscle-bound thief whose secret power is that he is much smarter than he looks.

Conan has always been cool because he looks like a big meathead but actually he's a very deep, passionate, and even philosophical person who prefers to get past his problems with sneakiness or cunning, it's just if he can't, he is totally capable of kicking the absolute fuck out of you.

• CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »
    Well, I still think Man of Steel was one of the best superhero movies we've had this century, so I'm thankful we got that one from him. BvS wasn't really good, but I liked it more than most did. They needed more time to flesh out that story, for sure. Wonder Woman was really just good to me. I'll have to see it again, but something just never fully clicked with me there. But it was very "just good."

Justice League looks like something I have to see just because I've come this far, may as well see what the mess they've made is.

g2rkbrnhtw1a.jpg

• CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular

Conan has always been cool because he looks like a big meathead but actually he's a very deep, passionate, and even philosophical person who prefers to get past his problems with sneakiness or cunning, it's just if he can't, he is totally capable of kicking the absolute fuck out of you.

I think HBO should do a good Conan series after Game of Thrones wraps up if they want to keep trucking with the super violent fantasy genre thing, rather than working on sixteen GoT spinoffs no one will give a shit about.

It's such a shame the Mamoa one was so shit

And he was not exactly the one being held back either

• PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular

I liked the original Conan movie, but I think it fixed the idea of the character in the general public's mind as the monosyllabic meathead who killed things good.

• GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    Fawst wrote: »

g2rkbrnhtw1a.jpg

Is
    This
    Loss?!

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Jason Momoa has the craziest blend of charisma and a total lack of screen presence, it's really bizarre, in that Conan movie he is like a plank of wood, I watched David Hayters terrible werewolf movie with him in it, same thing

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor

I liked the original Conan movie, but I think it fixed the idea of the character in the general public's mind as the monosyllabic meathead who killed things good.

I dunno I think he was quite philosophical at times, in a barbaric way (which is the core thesis of the character really).

• 2 Marcus 2 Ravens2 Marcus 2 Ravens CanadaRegistered User regular

Yeah, but if anyone is going to break with that, it would be HBO.

I mean, just the thought of them doing something so usually seen as low brow would turn heads. To deliver a smarter, more faithful Conan story could make a huge splash. And, you know, make for an excellent series.

But then again, people don't pay me to green light projects for a reason. The reason being that I'm dumb and have bad taste.

Like, now I want to give some kid a million bucks to make Bad Taste 2. It would suck and I'd love it.

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Ahahahaha, apparently there is a bug on the Flixster app that allows some folks to see the Justice League Rotten Tomatoes score, even though RT is making a big deal about keeping it hidden till later tonight.

It's hovering in the low 50s.

CYpGAPn.png
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Lars wrote: »
    Didn't WB recently announce that future DC movies would let the director's do their own thing and not hold them to a unified universe?

Kind of a bad sign to announce that just before Justice League's release. Real show of confidence in their cinematic universe.

If Patty Jenkins/Wonder Woman can move forward without being shackled to the Snyder/Affleck/Suicide Squad mess, then so much then better.

• durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    "Complaining loudly about comic book movies" has become a lucrative industry, so no surprise that some people get in on it

Has it? I feel like criticism and in general getting paid anything to write is a declining field.

Like I do not find it likely that there are people out there going wow boy I loved the new Justice League movie but dammit I can't pass up this sweet gig I have telling people I didn't like the new Justice League movie. That pension is too good, and it's got child care in-house!

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Ahahahaha, apparently there is a bug on the Flixster app that allows some folks to see the Justice League Rotten Tomatoes score, even though RT is making a big deal about keeping it hidden till later tonight.

It's hovering in the low 50s.

honestly higher than I was expecting

Psykoma on
  • FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular

I mean, just the thought of them doing something so usually seen as low brow would turn heads. To deliver a smarter, more faithful Conan story could make a huge splash. And, you know, make for an excellent series.

But then again, people don't pay me to green light projects for a reason. The reason being that I'm dumb and have bad taste.

Like, now I want to give some kid a million bucks to make Bad Taste 2. It would suck and I'd love it.

Well, there's also a problem that an HBO or Showtime series of Conan would also contain even more rape and gratuitous lady naked than the books.

Which, considering the source material, is quite the feat. It'd just be nonstop.

Like, I wonder if either studio could manage to produce a Conan show without drowning the audience in depictions of sexual assault and near-hardcore fucking for even a single season.

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    But what will renowned shitstirrer Armond White think of the movie?

• DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    FroThulhu wrote: »

Well, there's also a problem that an HBO or Showtime series of Conan would also contain even more rape and gratuitous lady naked than the books.

Which, considering the source material, is quite the feat. It'd just be nonstop.

Like, I wonder if either studio could manage to produce a Conan show without drowning the audience in depictions of sexual assault and near-hardcore fucking for even a single season.

Conan the Barbarian, brought to you by Brazzers

• PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    But what will renowned shitstirrer Armond White think of the movie?

Whatever gets him the most publicity.

• Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    We already had one excellent Conan tv show and it was the cartoon.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • 2 Marcus 2 Ravens2 Marcus 2 Ravens CanadaRegistered User regular
    FroThulhu wrote: »

Get Lexi Alexander to direct it. Problem solved. And another example of why I don't get to green light movies.

This discussion has been closed.