As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    One of the few cases where a coup is almost guaranteed to be a step up.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Some of the things I've seen are basically saying that this is the military trying to set themselves up as basically mugabe's heirs (and resisting his attempts to set his wife up as such) so not much of a step up.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    I mean, mugabe was a real shitlord

If recent history has taught us anything, though, things can always get worse

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    JayKaos wrote: »
    Some of the things I've seen are basically saying that this is the military trying to set themselves up as basically mugabe's heirs (and resisting his attempts to set his wife up as such) so not much of a step up.

I've seen that they basically are competing with his wife over who gets to be in charge

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Mr. Mnangagwa, whose nickname is the Crocodile, has been the leader of a rival faction called Team Lacoste. People close to him in Mr. Mugabe’s government were considered moderates open to reconciliation with Western governments and international creditors. Zimbabwe became politically isolated after Mr. Mugabe ordered the invasion of white-owned farms in the early 2000s.

But Mr. Mnangagwa has a longstanding reputation as a sometimes brutal ally of Mr. Mugabe. He is believed to have played a key role in the Gukurahundi massacres of the Ndebele ethnic group in the 1980s.

“He represents to many of us the very pathology of anti-democratic tendencies in ZANU-PF,” said Ibbo Mandaza, an academic and businessman active in opposition politics. “There is a naïve expectation that anybody other than Robert Mugabe will be better. But a military coup is bad news.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/15/world/africa/zimbabwe-coup-mugabe.html

yeah I'm not sure this is going to be much better

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited November 2017
    The crocodile? Team Lacoste? Nice try, The Onion. I'm onto your games.

A duck! on
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Zim is a country I've always had conflicting feelings on but I am not optimistic this is going to be particularly moderating until proven otherwise

It's a shame how much potential was squandered in Rhodesia, but I guess we can't all be Botswana

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Forget it Chris, it's Zimbabwe.