As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

mister police. you could have saved her. I gave you all the [MOVIES]

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    That outfit change is ludicrous but good lord those ladies are fit as hell

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Was it Wonder Woman Amazons that had nipple armour?

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »

my reaction has been pretty much "those costumes are awful but also holy fuck those abs"

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »

There are definitely things to criticize about the Justice League amazon costumes

But let's use the right comparison from Wonder Woman first

But it is not a fair comparison? Those ladies in Wonder Woman are wearing gym clothes while the two pictures from Wonder Woman and Justice League they are in their combat battle armor.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »

There are definitely things to criticize about the Justice League amazon costumes

But let's use the right comparison from Wonder Woman first

But it is not a fair comparison? Those ladies in Wonder Woman are wearing gym clothes while the two pictures from Wonder Woman and Justice League they are in their combat battle armor.

Is that supposed to be their combat battle armor in Justice League? If that's the case, I'll concede the point, but I've seen nothing to directly indicate that yet.

• Options
    SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    There is suggestion that there might be more practical battle armour in Justice League so it's most likely not as bad as it seems.

My bad, saw an article on BBC about it. Should've read some more.

SharpyVII on
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Fair enough. If that's the case throughout the film, then that's a damn shame.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Ugh why would the justice league comment on how hot Wonder Woman is. Gah I hate that shit even in fast and the furious and other nonsense, let alone coming from super heroes who are all basically hot. Would it be so much to ask for the fucking league of justicing not to act like 14 year old boys

I was hoping for dumb fun with this movie but if there's too much of this nonsense I won't be seeing it

Prohass on
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    The shortening of the title for Wonder Woman movies makes me wish the second movie was in World War 2 for synergy. The third one would then leapfrog the entirety of the rest of DCEU and be Wonder Woman fighting Space Marines.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »

As a man, I'd pay good money to have muscles like they do.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I'm a little disappointed that JL is apparently bad, because Wonder Woman gave me a little hope that they'd pull it out. I still might end up seeing it because there are literally no other movies showing in Wales and I like to go to the theatre.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Yeah I enjoy the atmosphere of the movies and so I tend to go and see a lot of crap. I'm trying to draw a line though cos it's so expensive and JL might be it

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Not surprised JL sucks but I am still excited for Aquaman

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I might be double featuring Justice League and Thor 3 this weekend, I'm not sure yet

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    This is sounding a lot like the animated adaption of the first new 52 Justice League arc. That movie was rancid with superhero men acting like adolecent boys.

I forget if the comic arc was as bad. I think Green Lantern said something and everybody responded the same way tey responded whenever he said anything "god what an asshole"

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    I'd argue that the comic was worse because it doesn't have this point of high comedy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOhID9BMzf0

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    New 52 was... well there's a reason DC dropped it

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »

New 52 really mucked up a lot of things. While it's good that they're fixing some of it, there is still a lot of New 52 damage they didn't undo. A lot of characters from pre-New 52 are still just gone or incredibly different.

Oracle being one of the ones that bugs me the most.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I'm still furious about Stephanie Brown and Constantine and probably will be until the day I die

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular

I may not like it if I read it today but I remember thinking that justice league arc was pretty good actually.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    I'm still furious about Stephanie Brown and Constantine and probably will be until the day I die
    Steph has been back for a while now

She's been Spoiler for years and is part of the really good Batfam team book

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    yeah but I wanted her to keep being Batgirl because she was the best and they canceled one of my favorite books for purely editorial reasons and shit like that is why I don't read comics anymore (well and lots of other reasons but that's the main one)

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017
    What they did to Cass was much worse than what they did to Steph

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    SharpyVII wrote: »

I saw someone else point out that these photos could be used in college textbooks to illustrate how the male gaze works in movies.

You can make the same argument for the constant shirtless scenes of people like Hemsworth and Evans. Someone probably already has.

• Options
    What they did to Cass was much worse than what they did to Steph

that might be true but she was never as important to me

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    new 52 vic sage is, pound for pound, one of the most idiotic reimaginings in all of media

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    I'm actually a pretty big fan of Cass, but I think Steph's book was better and she should have continued to be Batgirl.

Editorial treated them both like garbage though.

• Options
    new 52 vic sage is, pound for pound, one of the most idiotic reimaginings in all of media

I agree, and I'm also angry about this, but at least he wasn't starring in a really good book right before they did this

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Well at least I know I'm not missing out not giving WB my money.

It is kinda telling that the best review that has come out so far is, "not as bad as batman vs superman"

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Rainfall wrote: »
    Solar wrote: »
    It's such a shame the Mamoa one was so shit

And he was not exactly the one being held back either

It was a good pulp adventure movie! It was fine!

I dunno, I thought it was toss

(IMO obviously)

It was a badly written, badly choreographed, badly directed movie with a surprisingly poor lead and wasn't even a strong adaptation

Solar on
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular

I agree, and I'm also angry about this, but at least he wasn't starring in a really good book right before they did this

oh i know

i just like bringing it up every chance i get

they completely did steph brown dirty in the new 52

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options

oh i know

i just like bringing it up every chance i get

they completely did steph brown dirty in the new 52

I tell you dude, the thing that gave me the most insight into the comics industry isn't anything actually written about comics, it's the WrestleCrap book

Trinity of Sin Question is one of the best examples I know of DC editorial just trying whatever stupid bullshit they can think of to sell some ink

• Options
    Lars wrote: »
    I'm actually a pretty big fan of Cass, but I think Steph's book was better and she should have continued to be Batgirl.

Oh, Steph's Batgirl book was great. But she should never have been Batgirl, except when Cass became The Bat.

• Options
    Lars wrote: »

Oh, Steph's Batgirl book was great. But she should never have been Batgirl, except when Cass became The Bat.

My ideal continuation of the pre-New 52 setup would have been for Steph to be Batgirl, Cass to be Nightwing, and Dick to be Batman.

That'd never happen though.

• Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    It’s always weird to me that all the adaptations give Conan a tragic backstory. Can’t a dude go adventuring just cuz he wants to?

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    generally "I felt like it" isn't a very interesting motivation and is usually interpreted as lazy writing

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    generally "I felt like it" isn't a very interesting motivation and is usually interpreted as lazy writing

There are ways to make it work, but generally if you want a serialized story, people are gonna wanna dig into those motivations eventually.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    GR_Zombie wrote: »
    It’s always weird to me that all the adaptations give Conan a tragic backstory. Can’t a dude go adventuring just cuz he wants to?
    Hyperborea isn't really that kind of place.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Going out adventuring is something nobles do, not barbarians. Barbarians go out to steal gold and get revenge

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
This discussion has been closed.