As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

mister police. you could have saved her. I gave you all the [MOVIES]

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Is Lego Batman's closet canon?

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Maybe for Lego

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »

Is anyone else interpreting this tweet as major shade towards his FF costars?

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    #GorillaLickage

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    So I'm glad I went into Justice League with the lowest of expectations, because while it was not very good, I actually enjoyed it's badness.

Like, the movie legitimately tries to be lighthearted and funny in a fair few parts, but I think 70% of the bits that actually made me laugh were during earnest and serious scenes.

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Dang, WB is going hard to avoid showing Justice League's Rotten Tomatoes score (43%)

They hid the reveal until 12:01 AM today, now have it locked behind a show called See It/Skip It (the movies RT page says WATCH SEE IT/SKIP IT TO FIND OUT THE SCORE!) and have apparently sent out emails that have the movies score at 96% from "verified movie reviews" with all of the blurbs being fans.

Rotten Tomatoes, of course, is partially owned by WB

CYpGAPn.png
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Yep, I was just coming in to post that.

You know how when you go to Rotten Tomatoes you can get a glance of recent and upcoming scores on the left banner? The Recent cuts off before getting to JL (this week's biggest movie) and clicking to see more will show the score blank.

• mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular

Robert Cargill is a writer on Dr. Strange and Sinister

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • 2 Marcus 2 Ravens2 Marcus 2 Ravens CanadaRegistered User regular
    That's so much more embarrassing than making a mediocre movie.

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    That's so much more embarrassing than making a mediocre movie.

It will probably make it a much bigger story than if it just had bad scores.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Now I wonder if the WB folks ever publicly spoke out about the 'Rotten Tomatoes scores are ruining our ticket sales' hubbubs earlier this year.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Metacritic has it sitting at 49

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Coco is now Mexico's highest grossing movie. Diversity pays off!

I'm super excited for it, as from the early impressions and reviews its good to great and treats the culture with respect.

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Wonder if studios could sue WB for anticompetitive practices over this. They don’t get to withhold their movies’ review scores from RT after a review is published so why should WB?

I could see Disney going for it.

• PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    Wonder if studios could sue WB for anticompetitive practices over this. They don’t get to withhold their movies’ review scores from RT after a review is published so why should WB?

I could see Disney going for it.

Or WB will start offering a paid service to delay RT scores.

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    I kind of hope it bombs now

Like on the one hand, livelihoods, on the other, that's what WB deserves

Solar wrote: »
    I kind of hope it bombs now

Like on the one hand, livelihoods, on the other, that's what WB deserves

It won’t bomb. It’s got Wonder Woman in it, and it’s showing on all the screens in the universe

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    I don't see it bombing, but not because it's good. Rather, because it's literally the only movie playing in a lot of cinemas. If you want to go and see a movie this weekend in a lot of places, it's your only option. It's kind of sick, honestly.

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    It's not going to bomb

Unless you consider bombing "a film with Wonder Woman, Batman, and Superman not making a billion dollars worldwide", in which case it's totally going to bomb

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Coco is now Mexico's highest grossing movie. Diversity pays off!

I'm super excited for it, as from the early impressions and reviews its good to great and treats the culture with respect.

I want to see it, but I don't know if I'll get around to seeing it in the theaters.

I know I'm probably a few dozen pages behind, did anyone here see Orient Express? Is it worth going to?

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    I know I'm probably a few dozen pages behind, did anyone here see Orient Express? Is it worth going to?

I'd say so. It won't be anywhere near your fav film of the year, but most of the cast is alright at worst and Branagh's fantastic

Also it looks gorgeous

Sweeney Tom on
  • YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Orient Express is a movie filmed with cameras starring actors and set in locations

these are the nicest and indeed only things I can say about it

if you ever encountered someone from the 18th century who wanted to know what a movie was, you could do worse than to show them Orient Express if it was all you had on hand

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »
    if you ever encountered someone from the 18th century who wanted to know what a movie was, you could do worse than to show them Orient Express if it was all you had on hand

@YaYa, going the other way, what would be the best movie to introduce someone from the 18th century to cinema?

Huh? HUH????

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    I don't see it bombing, but not because it's good. Rather, because it's literally the only movie playing in a lot of cinemas. If you want to go and see a movie this weekend in a lot of places, it's your only option. It's kind of sick, honestly.

Ahh yes, the Titanic effect.

if, say, you were a quadruple amputee and your only source of entertainment was a television that was operated by a live-in nurse, and Orient Express came on, and you yelled for your nurse to change the channel but they were out of earshot, you would probably only yell once more before resigning yourself to watching it

Zonugal wrote: »
    YaYa wrote: »

@YaYa, going the other way, what would be the best movie to introduce someone from the 18th century to cinema?

Huh? HUH????

Total Recall

I'd want to show them Jurassic Park and convince them that it was a documentary shot in real-time.

"The future is bold & terrifying!!!"

• Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    any film that's actually set in the 18th century

pirates of the caribbean, i guess

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    How about Gladiator? That might be a good one to show them as it wouldn't have the shock of space ships or events they haven't lived through.

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Just put on Planet Earth, let em chew on that for awhile

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Jordan Peele isn't super happy Paramount submitted Get Out as a Comedy to the Golden Globes
    Uproxx wrote:
    “The problem is, it’s not a movie that can really be put into a genre box. Originally, I set out to make a horror movie,” he said. “I ended up showing it to people and hearing, you know, it doesn’t even feel like horror. It’s in this thriller world. So it was a social thriller.”

“What the movie is about is not funny. I’ve had many black people come up to me and say, ‘man, this is the movie we’ve been talking about for a while and you did it.’ That’s a very powerful thing. For that to be put in a smaller box than it deserves is where the controversy comes from.”

Peele’s rhetorical question to whoever categorized the film (he says he didn’t play a part in the submission process) and explanation of why he called it a documentary is cutting: “The real question is, what are you laughing at? Are you laughing at the horror, the suffering? Are you disregarding what’s real about this project? That’s why I said, yeah — it’s a documentary.”

CYpGAPn.png
    I just looked and a theater by me has 56 screenings of justice league tomorrow.

Fifty fucking six.

Normal, 3D, rpx, rpx 3D, and 70 mm apparently???

It’s fuckin dumb.

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    So not a single second of that movie was actually shot on film right

6F32U1X.png
    I don't even remember any gags in Get Out, I mean it got like nervous laughter out of me a couple times

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

• cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    I don't even remember any gags in Get Out, I mean it got like nervous laughter out of me a couple times

the friend is absolutely comic relief

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
    Mr. G wrote: »
    So not a single second of that movie was actually shot on film right

Yeah I have no fucking clue how it’s got a 70mm screening.

cursedking wrote: »
    Hobnail wrote: »

the friend is absolutely comic relief

Ohhhh yeah, I forgot about that guy

Still though

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
  • cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    ugh that movie was soooooo baaaad

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
This discussion has been closed.